PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Race 22nd November

Mark
18th September 2014, 13:22
The next race is on the 22nd of November in Malaysia.

Discuss here!

steveaki13
19th September 2014, 01:27
Is this at Sepang?

Or did I read it is all on street circuits, which in itself could get dull

Shift
19th October 2014, 12:20
Yep, for the moment they are all street circuits, maybe except for the season finale in Donington if London GP won't happen.

Edit: Hi guys! :D

steveaki13
19th October 2014, 13:08
Hi. Welcome aboard

No relation to airshifter are you?

Shift
19th October 2014, 21:17
Nope mate! :D

Anyway, found this in the morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNrtmSnQ1I

That's the last Race Simulation completed in Donington in August. FE Youtube Channel decided to upload it now beacause of the looooong wait to the Malaysian GP. (still one month!)

It's very interesting, 13 minutes of good racing, broadcasted by TV's like in Beijing with the commentary of Dario Franchitti. :D

inimitablestoo
20th October 2014, 10:43
Last I heard, the Battersea application was advancing well. It won't go to Donington or any other permanent circuit - the cars don't really work very well on them, apparently. (Basically, you really notice how slow they are - Formula E's lap time round Donington is similar to a Formula Ford)

As a result it's Putrajaya for the Malaysian round. Looks a more interesting layout than Beijing, anyway.

steveaki13
21st October 2014, 20:02
I am hoping to go to Battersea if I can. Seems a long way off, but thats the plan

Milan
24th October 2014, 21:04
How can I upload a profile photo?

steveaki13
24th October 2014, 23:23
How can I upload a profile photo?

Why are you asking that in a race thread? Try the Forum feedback section ;)

Tazio
10th November 2014, 03:06
I am hoping to go to Battersea if I can. Seems a long way off, but thats the planGo for it Steve,I have tentative plans to go to Long Beach which is not that far up the road!

Zeakiwi
13th November 2014, 00:31
Is this at Sepang?

Or did I read it is all on street circuits, which in itself could get dull

I would rather have a race circuit event for Formula E than potentially dangerous street circuits. Heidfeld just about caught the pole in China. Organisers rating image over safety imho.
Rather than having one driving swapping cars - how about a relay, one driver doing half the race and getting out and putting a sticker on another driver already strapped in the second car.

Is the 2nd Formula E race on today ?

RS
23rd November 2014, 11:43
Great drive by Sam Bird and a decent entertaining race again.

Alex Brundle seems to have the gift of the gab just like his father!

A FONDO
23rd November 2014, 14:16
Some good overtakes and generally a nice entertainment considering it was a street "circuit". Cars are quite unstable due to the minimal downforce and reaching the finish itself is an achievement.

jens
23rd November 2014, 16:52
Looked some of the race in replay. Oh good old Trulli memories came back - great qualifying, train in the race and then DNF from a good position. He hasn't been racing for a long time, guess hence why he made that clumsy blocking move. Can't remember him making such mistakes in F1, but takes a few races to take off rust I guess.

Shift
23rd November 2014, 17:30
In case you missed it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNR4N1iUuk

Great event, good circuit, nose to tail racing till the last lap.
And that Trulli train :p

Can't wait for the next event (13 december)

truefan72
25th November 2014, 14:11
Well, just watched the highlights and i must say, i am hating these street circuits
first and foremost, the sightlines are poor, especially for the tv cameras.
2nd, it simply looks lifeless with all that concrete empty city.
3rd, in both races, the venuses have been just dull

It would have been great if they ran in sepang, and shanghai, and i hope that they will abandon these gimmicky street circuits for proper tracks in the near future
For one, it will probably reduce the amount of farcical incidents that imo do not improve the show

to me Formula-E is fighting for legitimacy and the best way to do it is to have cars on proper tracks which allows folks to feel like they are an actual racing series.

Tazio
28th November 2014, 22:52
In case you missed it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNR4N1iUuk

Great event, good circuit, nose to tail racing till the last lap.
And that Trulli train :p

Can't wait for the next event (13 december)
Thanks dawg I did miss it, will watch it and then comment, later bros (really looking forward to Long Beach) :cool:

Tazio
29th November 2014, 02:16
Wow what a great race to watch! Freakin' Trulli ;)
I thought I had see n my last Trulli Train, I am honored. Theses guys have to deal with really tight, green courses, that seem a little slippery. It was a shame what Legge did to Cerruti! :angel:
Bird was exceptional, and my dotr!

Tazio
29th November 2014, 08:37
Dp

Spafranco
4th December 2014, 00:56
I can't get past the lack of a good engine. Although the cars looked OK and Dario was a color analyst for the race that I saw on NBC I can't see this catching on as a form of racing,particularly in Europe. One surprise is the number of well know F1 names in there. I see Katherine Legge is also with a team.
Are these cars expensive to run?