PDA

View Full Version : James Allen changes his stance

Ed
17th April 2007, 17:27
Has anyone else read James Allen's GP review on the ITV website. He has actually commentated on how good nick heidfeld is. Over the years even when Nick has a goood result he has always brushed it off with Martin Brundle giving Nick the praise. It was nice to see that James has given quick nick the ackowledgement that he should have given him ages ago.

Talking about Nick he is driving the wheels of the BMW at the momment. I hope the result get even better this year for the team

Stuartf12007
17th April 2007, 18:49
James allen is too cocky for my liking, he misses too much of the action aswell.

I bet anyone who lives near James Kermit Voice Allen, thinks he is a flash git.

wedge
17th April 2007, 23:21
James Allen was referring to Heidfeld's performance last year. The article and many critics suggested Nick wasn't pulling his weight when he had JV as his team mate and then when Kubica replaced JV, Nick suddenly found extra tenths.

It's the conspiracy theory which suggests why BMW (at the time of writing) have yet to offer another contract to 'Quick-Nick'

millencolin
18th April 2007, 02:07
he has also changed his stance... he no longer mentions Jenson Button every chance he gets, which is a good thing

he now though keeps talking about Hamilton, which is still annoying as **** but at least Hamilton is good :p :

Valve Bounce
18th April 2007, 05:41
I don't know, I think this guy is a wizard of sorts. he was saying DC was on fire long before DC's car caught fire. :D

Mikeall
19th April 2007, 00:50
James Allen was referring to Heidfeld's performance last year. The article and many critics suggested Nick wasn't pulling his weight when he had JV as his team mate and then when Kubica replaced JV, Nick suddenly found extra tenths.

It's the conspiracy theory which suggests why BMW (at the time of writing) have yet to offer another contract to 'Quick-Nick'

He repeats the same negative things about Heidfeld constantly and always says "people in the paddock have been saying" and all that stuff.

raphael123
19th April 2007, 08:41
Heidfeld is hit and miss. Last year it's fair to say he deserved the critizism, as he was only matching JV, who wasn't rated too highly, and then Kubica came in and took the shinelight away from him.

This year he's made great strides, and deserves the praise.

I think some of you guys just enjoy bashing James Allen for the sake of it, or because it's the 'popular' thing to do.

Why should James Allen praise Heidfeld when he is driving badly, and not praise him when he is driving well?

Being slightly critical of Heidfeld when he isn't reaching his potential, and praising Heidfeld when he is doing great, makes perfect sense to me, even if other's don't seem to understand that way of thinking :S

NoahsGirl
19th April 2007, 20:06
James Allen never has, and never will be a good commentator. He opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble, and every 2nd word is Hamilton. Mind you, he doesn't seem too upset that his love affair with Button has ended and immediatly attached himself like a limpet to Hamilton.

raphael123
19th April 2007, 20:50
NoahsGirl - from F1Racing? :P

James Allen had the impossible task of taking over from Murray Walker. He was always going to be viewed as a disappointment. I think the dislike people have taken to him is unjustified in most cases.

Hyping up the British drivers, who are generally the most supported in the UK makes perfect sense since the majority of his viewers are...british.

And as with the Heidfeld thing. It's a perfect example of people critizising the guy, for the sake of critizising him. As I said, I don't think that being critical of a driver when he's off form, and praising him when he's on form, is that bad a thing!

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb - talk about pathetic! The man's doing his job, anything would think he committed murder and got away with it!

NoahsGirl
19th April 2007, 20:55
It is indeed me raphael123!

millencolin
20th April 2007, 01:58

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb

where can i get one?

Ranger
20th April 2007, 10:24

James Allen had the impossible task of taking over from Murray Walker. He was always going to be viewed as a disappointment. I think the dislike people have taken to him is unjustified in most cases.

Hyping up the British drivers, who are generally the most supported in the UK makes perfect sense since the majority of his viewers are...british.

And as with the Heidfeld thing. It's a perfect example of people critizising the guy, for the sake of critizising him. As I said, I don't think that being critical of a driver when he's off form, and praising him when he's on form, is that bad a thing!

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb - talk about pathetic! The man's doing his job, anything would think he committed murder and got away with it!

Having seen and heard Murray Walker's commentary of the OzGP this year, I agree with you.

wedge
20th April 2007, 13:39

Spot on mate :up:

It's down to the British media to support the Brits. I remember channel 5 showed Moto GP, apart from Rossi and Max Biaggi they kept referring to Jeremy McWilliams!

As Brits, we've recently gone through an unusual period when we almost had a Grand Prix generation of no Brit drivers coming through the ranks. Button was regarded a new hope, especially since he jumped straight from F3!

Hamilton has deserved the credit as he's shown what's he made of in GP2, as shown on ITV!

Garry Walker
20th April 2007, 13:42
Having seen and heard Murray Walker's commentary of the OzGP this year, I agree with you.

Yeah, Walkers commentary was awful.

seppefan
20th April 2007, 13:57
I think some of you guys just enjoy bashing James Allen for the sake of it, or because it's the 'popular' thing to do.

Why should James Allen praise Heidfeld when he is driving badly, and not praise him when he is driving well?

:S

Well said

BDunnell
21st April 2007, 23:04

I agree with most of that. Allen is far from being brilliant, and does annoy me at times, but on reflection he has too much to live up to in the eyes of many.

And, I must say, I have never detected undue bias in any F1 commentator apart from Murray Walker towards Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell. That was OK, though, as he was quite open about it. People who moan about biased sports commentators in my experience only do so because the commentator in question said something negative about someone theat person supports or something positive about someone they don't, rather than there being something behind the accusation.

Mysterious Rock
21st April 2007, 23:09

!

yeah and heidfield is German, so may be thats why he gets alot of stick

Ed
22nd April 2007, 09:55
nah james is alwful. he always makes mistakes and when Martin trys to bring it to his attention he just brushed it off, but when Martin makes a mistae he rubs it in his face!! he can just be soo aanooying at times.

F1woman
22nd April 2007, 17:05
James Allen, is great he doing a great job. These hateful people come from ITV blog. Their are British but don't want James Allen, to mention any British drivers at all Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton etc. I really don't want to heard about Heidfeld, I don't really care if he came in 4th place? We have great British drivers I want to heard about British drivers. GO TO GERMANY AND YOU CAN HEARD ABOUT HEIDFELD!!!!!! BECAUSE THE GEMANS WILL BE OVER HYPING HIM IF HE PROFORMED LIKE OUR LEWIS HAMILTON. WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO ITV BLOG. YOU ARE ALL BORES.

akv89
22nd April 2007, 18:24
GO TO GERMANY AND YOU CAN HEARD ABOUT HEIDFELD!!!!!! BECAUSE THE GEMANS WILL BE OVER HYPING HIM IF HE PROFORMED LIKE OUR LEWIS HAMILTON. WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO ITV BLOG. YOU ARE ALL BORES.

I'm sure that there aren't many people in this world who are willing to travel to different countries in order to get a taste of objective journalism that focuses on all the drivers.
Welcome to the forum.

djparky
22nd April 2007, 19:03
the thing that drove me crazy (and one of the reasons I stopped watching) was that he frequently spent the entire broadcast eulogising about his beloved Schumi- when he won it was down to brilliance, when he got beaten it was Bridgestones fault or the other driver had better tyres from Michelin- over time this got very tiresome and coupled with the mind numbing boredom of the actual races I simply gave up on it-

that said I do appreciate that trying to make a dull procession sound like something interesting is happening must be hard work

wedge
22nd April 2007, 22:13
the thing that drove me crazy (and one of the reasons I stopped watching) was that he frequently spent the entire broadcast eulogising about his beloved Schumi- when he won it was down to brilliance, when he got beaten it was Bridgestones fault or the other driver had better tyres from Michelin- over time this got very tiresome and coupled with the mind numbing boredom of the actual races I simply gave up on it-

that said I do appreciate that trying to make a dull procession sound like something interesting is happening must be hard work

Sounds like you have fallen asleep over the past few years!

Don't know if you did, but the qualy session in Shanghai was a good example of Schumi's brilliance and the problem with the Ferrari/BS vs. Michelin tyre war.

Ferrari were the only truly competitive team on BS whereas their nearest rivals were on Michelin tyres. In a tyre war there will be races where one tyre company will have the upper hand.

Schumi is considerably talented driver (not to mention his huge flaws). He was so dominant that very drivers could beat him in straight fight. It not like now or in the 80s where you could mention a number of drivers who are race winners and can genuinely fight for WDC.

Valve Bounce
22nd April 2007, 23:33
I suspect that these commentators have to keep talking throughout a race - silence is just not on. So they have to think of something to say, and during an F1 race, at various stages, there really is not that much to say. Driver A is following driver B; and that's it. So they have to think of different things to say about the drivers and the racecourse, teams, rumours, and anything else so that listeners don't think they have lost their sound from the telecast.

Personally, I don't care what the guys say, I am just grateful that we have a telecast of the race. But for those who don't like what they hear, turn off the sound, log onto F1-live to get the splits and gaps, and if you have a laptop also, then log onto the chat of our forum and have a chat. It is within your own capabilities to improve your enjoyment of the F1 races.

F1woman
23rd April 2007, 19:36
No James Allen, must ignore Lewis Hamilton, achievements so he doesn't upset YOU. Once again I don't care about some German driver coming in 4th place. If and when he comes in 321 then lets discuss this Heidfeld whats his name????

Stuartf12007
23rd April 2007, 20:21
Jeremy Paxman should be the new commentator

F1woman
23rd April 2007, 20:26
No James Allen is doing a great Job :D :D

Ed
24th April 2007, 19:15
F1 woman what a niave thing to say! the first two team a way ahead of pace compared to BMW and the rest. It shows how well hiefeld is driving by finishing 4 in the last 3 rounds, espceially in the last two round where he has on merit finished infront of massa and alonso

F1woman
25th April 2007, 02:10
F1 woman what a niave thing to say! the first two team a way ahead of pace compared to BMW and the rest. It shows how well hiefeld is driving by finishing 4 in the last 3 rounds, espceially in the last two round where he has on merit finished infront of massa and alonso

BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares, I really don't care there are 3 drivers all tied on 22 points one is a rookie and he also British, 2 drivers are in an British team also. You are naive not me. :D :D

Valve Bounce
25th April 2007, 03:28
BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares, I really don't care there are 3 drivers all tied on 22 points one is a rookie and he also British, 2 drivers are in an British team also. You are naive not me. :D :D

Is this a symptom of tunnel vision, or myopia ? :rolleyes:

Storm
25th April 2007, 12:47
BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares ...... You are naive not me.

Are you sure ?

ioan
25th April 2007, 14:20
BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me,

They can't come in place 321, there are only 22 cars on the grid! :p :

tell someone who cares, I really don't care there are 3 drivers all tied on 22 points one is a rookie and he also British, 2 drivers are in an British team also. You are naive not me. :D :D

What's the point of this, if I may ask?

Ed
25th April 2007, 16:08
It seems as though that sumone has thrown their toys out of the pram. How was my comment being niave?? I was trying to draw your attention to all the facts and other possibilities.

murrayfan
25th April 2007, 16:51
SACK JAMES ALLEN AND PUT BEN EDWARDS IN HIS SEAT HE IS MCH BETTER THAN KERRMIT VOICE ALLEN :arrows: