PDA

View Full Version : WTCC game

Daniel
11th December 2006, 14:00
Apologies if this is a repost and I know that it's more of a simulations thing but I posted there and got no replies :mark:

Is the WTCC game worth buying? Have downloaded the demo and it seems OK. But just wanting to know what people think of the complete game? Has anyone on the forums bought it? :)

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 14:23
There is a forum dedicated to Race and it looks a good game
http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1104
There are lots of screenshots and videos there as well as lots of information

AndySpeed
11th December 2006, 14:39
Race Sim Central is always a good place to look :up:

If the game was released on other formats I'd strongly consider buying it. Unfortunately, it isn't :(

Funks
11th December 2006, 17:19
There are a lot of clips starting to appear on the video upload websites. I'm not that impressed with what I have seen thusfar.

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 17:49
I am setting up a petition on the matter of other consoles.
I will get you the link when it is activated.
My computer is only built to the basic specification of Race and consequently may not work.
The address is
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/racewtcc/petition.html

Daniel
11th December 2006, 17:57
Well just from what Caroline and I have tried on the demo of th Brands hatch circuit it looks very much like Brands and the cars are quite difficult to drive but not impossible :) The BMW actually handles like a RWD car which is refreshing too. BTW if you buy the game on www.steampowered.com (http://www.steampowered.com) it's cheaper than buying it in the shops and you don't have to worry about scratching your disk because the game is registered against your account :)

I think I'll give the demo some more time and decide to buy after that :)

Daniel
11th December 2006, 18:00
I am setting up a petition on the matter of other consoles.
I will get you the link when it is activated.
My computer is only built to the basic specification of Race and consequently may not work.
The address is
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/racewtcc/petition.html

Porting a game over to consoles is not simple. From the hour or so that I've played it it seems very much like a sim. Simulation sort of games often don't work as well on consoles where people might not have memory cards to store their suspension settings and such and they can be tiring when all you want to do is to switch it on and have a bit of a drive.

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 18:02
I know that it is not simple but if enough people want it on a console, simbin will release it for sale

Daniel
11th December 2006, 18:04
I know that it is not simple but if enough people want it on a console, simbin will release it for sale
Yes but if the game isn't good on the console then why release it if no one will buy it. Consoles are great for simple racing games which flatter your skills. Lets just say that I can't do a full lap around Brands Hatch without going off at least twice. Most people don't want to turn their console on in the evening just to be made to feel like a **** driver :p

100%hondafan
12th December 2006, 12:27
i got the game and it doesnt work even with the lowist settings i only get 5fps which i can not play with so need to upgrade the computer looks very very good though

Daniel
12th December 2006, 13:51
Yes that's the problem I'm having. But hopefully soon I'll be able to get some more RAM and a better graphics card for the PC and it'll run smoother.

SEATFreak
12th December 2006, 15:23
I love the screenshots and I am now into the WTCC so I would lovee to get it. But as I cannot drive I haven't a clue about the controls. I have always been rubbish at all games. Especially racing ones. Is there anywhere I can find out about how to do well at racing cars and not crash out at every turn and wobble from side to side almost non-stop? The worst games I have ever had for success is games like Need for Speed. :(

Daniel
12th December 2006, 15:24
up arrow = go faster pedal
down arrow = go slower pedal
left arrow = turns wheel to the left
right arrow = turns wheel to the right

Fairly simple :p

Alfa Fan
12th December 2006, 15:53
I use

A = Accelerate
Z = Brake
< = Left
> = Right

SEATFreak
12th December 2006, 16:38

Instinct tells me to take it as a laugh so I will. :)

But it ain't so much knowing what key does what that seem to be my failing as when to decelerate, when to down or alternatively up shift through the gears or indeed when to turn in corners. All the games I have played you have had to contol the gears.

But maybe it has changed since then. I last played my Need for Speed II game on my old PC (and it is very close to a year already since I got my current one) around the time Yvan Muller and Jase were kings of the BTCC!!

Looking at the screenshots of Race, comparing Need for Speed to Race is like comparing Fifa07 to International Superstar Soccer Deluxe for the SEGA Megadrive II!!

daz90
12th December 2006, 18:05
I have seen this advertised, and been on the website for it, however i dont think it will run on my old coal burner, i have the basic requirements, but i am not convinced, and i dont fancy spending 30 odd quid to find out i am wrong.

Besides i prefer these racing car games on consoles, its much easier with a joypad thing than a keyboard.

However their hasn't been a good dedicated touring car game since Toca 2 on the old Playstation. Toca Race driver wasn't bad with the old 2001 BTCC cars on it, and the other two are ok (i have 3 on the Xbox) but the fact its not Touring cars only gets on my nerves a bit, if i wanted to drive single seaters i would just buy an F1 game. Same goes for the Rallying.

Captain VXR
12th December 2006, 19:54
There is a free download so try and test it :up:

Caroline
12th December 2006, 21:03

Fairly simple :p .......in theory :p :

daz90
12th December 2006, 21:42
There is a free download so try and test it :up:

Ah, but it would probably take a few hours to download, i cant be bothered to be honest.

Whats the download file size?

Daniel
12th December 2006, 22:07
300+ meg :)

Erki
12th December 2006, 22:27

Num 8 - accelerate
Num /- brake
Num 4 - left
Num 6 - right
Num lock/Num 0 - handbrake

I've used these controls for years already and it's much better this way. :)
Playing something with laptop keyboard is a pain though. :s

Jona
13th December 2006, 00:14
Does anyone know if its possible of we will see any BTCC skins for the cars?

Subaru WRX
13th December 2006, 04:33
Does anyone know if its possible of we will see any BTCC skins for the cars?
as GTR and GTR2, I think that is possible to see, on the net BTCC skins.

daz90
13th December 2006, 17:14
300+ meg :)

Good couple of hours then! thanks though.

tkmracer
15th December 2006, 00:11
Hey guys, just to provide a little information.

The game is best played with a steering wheel, better still one that has force feedback. They can be picked up for fairly cheap these days.

It is quite computer intensive, a fairly powerfull computer is recommended.

The cars react just as they should do, the handling is spot on.

The demo does serve as a good introduction to the simulation, but several aspects have changed on the final version and it runs smoother as everything has been properly optimized.

At the moment there are not likely to be any BTCC skins as the files that were allowed to be edited in GTR2 and other Simbin simulations have been encrypted.

It is a very very good simulation though, well worth buying.

Phil