PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Race - Monza

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 16:23
Give us your thoughts on this race and a score the race out of 10.

N4D13
7th September 2014, 16:26
It was a bit dull for me, actually. I didn't particularly enjoy the fight at the top, since there wasn't much of a fight - just Rosberg conceding first place by virtue of a dumb mistake when Hamilton wasn't close enough to attempt a pass. Ricciardo's late charge made it rather entertaining at the end, though.

6/10 from me.

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 16:29
boring 4/10

Koz
7th September 2014, 16:31
6.5/10 things got interesting after the pits. Good fights.

Shame we didn't get to see a good fight for the lead.

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 16:32
appalling 2/10

Toto Wolff's shit-eating-grin when Nico 'missed' the chicane told the whole story. I call bovine excrement on the RB result as well. There is no way that VET is ahead in every session and suddenly 10 laps from home forgets how to drive. Germany 2010 all over again.

Massa on the podium was the only redeeming feature of this farce.

A FONDO
7th September 2014, 16:34
Nice to watch. 7/10 from me.

Tazio
7th September 2014, 16:38
6.4 being generous

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 16:55
6/10 - It wasn't a great race.

The battling even in midfield was aided so much by DRS that it felt slightly artifical to me.

Anyway a generous 6/10 for the late battling.

Doc Austin
7th September 2014, 19:46
The battling even in midfield was aided so much by DRS that it felt slightly artifical to me.

Hmm.......ratings are all over the maps on this one. There was so much ruthless cut throat dicing and fighting that I enjoyed the race a lot. The lack of wheel to wheel up front knocked it down to a 7.5.

Great result for the Boss when he needed it the most, though it would have helped if Nico had scored less points. The start went bad, but Lewis didn't panic and fought his way back. This has got to be discouraging for Nico. The problem for Lewis is that he will need to win the next four races in a row.

Nico can easily afford to have a few more weekends like this since he is still something like 24 or 25 points ahead. As long as he keeps scoring points he doesn't have to beat Lewis every weekend. Still, he will need to beat him at least a few more times, and the way he succumbed to the pressure this time is something he will have to think about for the next two weeks.

Ricciardo seems to get better every race, and Vettel has got to be really discouraged by now. Hew simply can't deal with Ricciardo. I don't think anyone saw this coming, except maybe Ricciardo. Frankly

The Kmag penalty was totally bogus, especially considering what the stewards let slide in the last race. Kmag just ran wide and understeered. It's not like he was trying to prove a point or anything.

I hate the DRS too, but there was a lot of fighting back and forth even when they were not using it. Botas seemed to be fighting for his life the entire race. Behind the Mercedes everyone seemed to be in one big bunch, The cars were always wiggling around and someone was always making a move on the car in front.

The DRS makes it impossible for the lead to car get away because it hands the advantage to the car behind. It's kind of like professional wrestling., You know it's fake, but it's still fun to watch. It's the same rules for everyone, so it was a fair fight. It's just a little manufactured.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th September 2014, 21:08
I thought it was good. A good fightback from Lewis. Some good racing further back from Ricciardo and some good side by side racing between Perez and Button.

7.5/10

Mia 01
7th September 2014, 21:10
For me it was a bit dull. I give it 5/10.

N. Jones
8th September 2014, 16:25
Awesome race. I Will always love this track. They should be allowed to drive on the banking one day... hahahaha

Duncan
8th September 2014, 17:13
I'd give it a 7/10. There was plenty of wheel-to-wheel dicing going on pretty much throughout the race, and Lewis' problem at the start made the whole thing more interesting with him having to fight back up.

The DRS didn't seem so much of a factor here just because everybody was running so little wing in any case. So that's always a bonus. No DRS at all would be better, of course...