PDA

View Full Version : Donks of the Race - Italy

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:22
Vote time :)

N4D13
7th September 2014, 15:24
Rosberg gets my nomination, for obvious reasons, even though it can't be that terrible to finish second.

Ferrari also need to get a huge donkey award in this one. 10º and DNF at their home, which happens to be the cathedral of engines, is an appalling result.

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:27
Rosberg.
KMag, a tad over aggressive. It makes me worry for Verstappen, more than anything else.

truefan72
7th September 2014, 15:28
no real donkey's
although i nominate Hamilton's engineer for telling him to hang back instead of attacking
which is ridiculous considering that the tires get worse towards the end of the race and he was clearly catching up to Rosberg

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 15:30
Nico for handing the win to Ham.
Ferrari for being donkeys.

A FONDO
7th September 2014, 15:33
Button

the Ferrari team

Rosberg

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:44
Rosberg - He made two mistakes which if honest mistakes, then deserves a mention and if it was to hand Hamilton a race win, then it also deserves a mention

Stewards - In my opinion Magnussen's incident was a racing incident like Rosbergs in Spa. A tad clumsy, but one of those things.

Ferrari - Do have such a donkey at Monza is poor

Ericcson - He ran way longer than anyone else while last, and that weird strategy left him last. Just very slow and the strategy seemed to highlight that fact.

truefan72
7th September 2014, 16:01
I amend my donkey to include the stewards for the magnussen penalty. it was a poor decision, probably given on reputation than the actual incident.

truefan72
7th September 2014, 16:06
Stewards - In my opinion Magnussen's incident was a racing incident like Rosbergs in Spa. A tad clumsy, but one of those things.

anthony davidson, had a good analysis of the incident and he pointed out that the difference here was that bottas knew when to back out and did not turn into magnussen.
the fact that Rosberg has been fined, admitted his mistake, and apologized would indicate that it was far from a pure racing incident
Also bottas was slightly in front coming into the corner, but magnussen actually was a nose ahead in the middle of the corner.
as opposed to being almost a car length back and trying to turn into your teammate and clipping his rear tire.

but i do agree that the magnussen should not have been penalized for this

driveace
7th September 2014, 16:22
Thought the stewards for the penalty on Magnusson ,and as said Hamiltons engineer who needs his P 45 !What stupid advice ,luckily Lewis ignored the bad advice

Garry Walker
7th September 2014, 16:37
That's easy today. bieber and Rosberg.

Thought the stewards for the penalty on Magnusson ,and as said Hamiltons engineer who needs his P 45 !What stupid advice ,luckily Lewis ignored the bad advice

What stupid advice?

A FONDO
7th September 2014, 17:48
The camera from above showed that Mag went too much to the left with a parralel car to him. 5 seconds and losing 3 places at the end is really harsh but he was indeed guilty.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 18:05
What stupid advice?

Just after the pitstops, the engineer told Hamilton to back of for 20 laps and sit 2-3 seconds behind Nico and aim at attacking in the last few laps.

Hamilton decided to push earlier and forced the mistake (maybe)

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 19:31
The Steward's for Magnussen penalty. Perfect example of inconsistency and how steward's get if wrong.

Cheato Rosberg for his two mistakes!

Maldonado because he's always a donkey.

keysersoze
7th September 2014, 21:15
Gutierrez: jackass move on Grosjean

Duncan
8th September 2014, 00:14
Ferrari. The horrible season continues.

Not sure about Rosberg; he made a mistake under pressure, but was inevitably going to lose the place to Hamilton.

Whoever came up with the suggested strategy to Hamilton to hang back. Good for Lewis for ignoring it.

I somehow missed the grin Toto apparently had on the pit wall when Rosberg straight lined the chicane. I'll have to go and find it on youtube or something. Maybe it was just relief that he didn't have to worry about his cars coming together and throwing away a 1-2?

N. Jones
8th September 2014, 15:20
Nico for missing turn one twice. I haven't read if it was due to a problem with the car...

journeyman racer
8th September 2014, 15:24
Mercedes-Benz ;)

schmenke
8th September 2014, 15:27
My DVR for not recording the race :dozey: (and having to settle on watching a less-than-thrilling US Open womens final :dozey: )

Duncan
8th September 2014, 16:08
Interesting interview with Toto that appeared on the BBC news site. He said that Nico missing the chicane was possibly due to him just being told to adjust brake bias forwards to save the rear brakes.

He also stated that the footage of him grinning on the pit wall was shown time delayed and wasn't actually shot right after Nico went straight at the chicane...

longisland
8th September 2014, 17:44
Rosberg
Chilton, unless he has some kind mechanical issue

steveaki13
8th September 2014, 21:04
I think the brief replay show Chilton running wide and launching into orbit off the giant kerb.

Guess it was just driver error and a good spot. Had forgotten that

anfield5
8th September 2014, 22:12
Chilton, for forgetting about the 'sleeping policeman' and launching his erm... car.
Ferrari were appalling at their home GP. Have they given up on the 2014 car?
What was the penalty on Mag for? (yes I know why he was given it, but why was he given it?)

steveaki13
8th September 2014, 22:16
What was the penalty on Mag for? (yes I know why he was given it, but why was he given it?)

Don't know. It seemed a racing incident and identical to Button & Perez about 10 laps later which received no penalty.

Eau Rouge
9th September 2014, 00:03
the rest of the field for not producing cars that can challenge the Mercs.

anfield5
9th September 2014, 00:13
the rest of the field for not producing cars that can challenge the Mercs.

In sany cases it's not the teams that haven't produced, it is Renault and Ferrari. I would suggest the Red bull chassis is at least as good if not better than the Merc, but it is hard to compete when you are 50ish horsepower down.

rjbetty
9th September 2014, 20:20
Not many standout donkeys in Italy.

I guess Chilton.
Maybe Vettel as his reeeace peeeace wasn't so good...?
Maybe Hulkenberg too. No points and pretty roundlyt beaten by Perez :(

rjbetty
9th September 2014, 20:32
no real donkey's
although i nominate Hamilton's engineer for telling him to hang back instead of attacking

Totally agree. Was surprised to see that message while following the race (by text!) Was it the same guy who gave that funny order in Hungary when keeping Lewis on slower tyres, and Nico didn't seem faster enough to be able to get through and attack the other cars in front?

Lewis didn't refuse to let Nico through. It was more "If Nico is faster and gets closer to me, ok." He didn't say "Tough Luck" like others might. :p

Bagwan
9th September 2014, 21:00
Again , Lewis disobeys an order , as it doesn't suit him , but he's defended , and the team is criticized .

Great driver , though .

rjbetty
9th September 2014, 21:40
Again , Lewis disobeys an order , as it doesn't suit him , but he's defended , and the team is criticized .

Great driver , though .

Ah well, he didn't disobey the biggest team order to not take his team-mate off. :)

Tazio
10th September 2014, 04:48

Great driver , though .I'd disobey a team order as well if my race engineer hated, me in a reallllly jealous kind of way, and did everything in his power to get me to lose! :grenade: :angel: