PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Italy

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:22
Votes in please

N4D13
7th September 2014, 15:23
I'm guessing Hamilton. I don't know whether that horrible start was due to car issues or just a blunder, but he made up for it.

I'm guessing Massa, Pérez and Ricciardo get honourable mentions as well.

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 15:23
Massa :p :sailor:

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:24
Kvyat for somehow not crashing.

Hamilton, for spanking Rosberg into submission.

Ricciardo and Bottas for excellent drives.

truefan72
7th September 2014, 15:27
I'm guessing Hamilton. I don't know whether that horrible start was due to car issues or just a blunder, but he made up for it.

I'm guessing Massa, Pérez and Ricciardo get honourable mentions as well.

yeah, it was an ERS start mode issue
he recovered well, and thankfully did not listen to his stupid engineer who all season has not done him any favors
hang back...SMH

Tazio
7th September 2014, 15:31
Felipe Baby, and The Boss.

A FONDO
7th September 2014, 15:34
Perez

Hamilton

Ricciardo

Kvyat

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:48
Driver of the Race:

Felipe Massa - Great job after some tough times this season.

Other Mentions:
Lewis Hamilton - Good recovery after that bad start and problem. Passed 3 cars and a good win.

Bottas - Had a scruffy race, but still did a decent job to entertain us as he passed so many cars.

Garry Walker
7th September 2014, 16:14
Hamilton
Bottas
Ricciardo

truefan72
7th September 2014, 16:16
Hamilton
Bottas
Ricciardo

yup, sounds about right to me

driveace
7th September 2014, 16:17
Hamilton ,Massa for once ,and Bottas

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 16:34
Hamilton definitely today!

Ricciardo as well. Great drive once again from a future star!

Massa too I guess!

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 17:52
Ricciardo as well. Great drive once again from a future star!
!

To be honest he appears to be a star already

Mia 01
7th September 2014, 20:16
felipe massa and daniel ricciardo. checo did well to.

Duncan
8th September 2014, 00:18
Hamilton for showing Nico who's The Boss. Again.

Ricciardo for getting a great result from a lousy car, and beating his teammate. Vettel looked seriously rattled trying to hold him off.

Massa for getting his mojo back.

truefan72
8th September 2014, 00:23
Hamilton for showing Nico who's The Boss. Again.

Ricciardo for getting a great result from a lousy car, and beating his teammate. Vettel looked seriously rattled trying to hold him off.

Massa for getting his mojo back.

I think that the RBR is probably the 2nd best car on the grid. Yes, on some tracks they are a bit down on power, but overall it is a 3 time winner and has had some very good results.

Duncan
8th September 2014, 01:29
I think that the RBR is probably the 2nd best car on the grid. Yes, on some tracks they are a bit down on power, but overall it is a 3 time winner and has had some very good results.

Fair point. I'd say that it's a very good chassis, but let down by a poor power plant. I think Ricciardo (and Vettel) did well to finish where they did on a power circuit.

aryan
8th September 2014, 02:39
I'll give it to Ricciardo for his sublime passing on Vettel. That reminded me very much of Mansell.

Honourable mention to Bottas and very good to see Massa on the podium as well. Well deserved.

anfield5
8th September 2014, 03:13
Ricciardo, another stunning drive, some of his moves were astonishingly good. Great recovery drive from Bottas, after losing so much ground at the start (not his fault). Perez also impressed

keysersoze
8th September 2014, 04:13
Bottas, Ricciardo, Perez, and Hamilton--in that order.

truefan72
8th September 2014, 04:34
Fair point. I'd say that it's a very good chassis, but let down by a poor power plant. I think Ricciardo (and Vettel) did well to finish where they did on a power circuit.

agreed

Ari
8th September 2014, 06:02
Massa - great drive, finally things coming together.

Hamilton - held strong after a poor start and psyched Nico out of it.

Ricciardo - horrible start, but fantastic run to the finish with better tyre strategy.

N. Jones
8th September 2014, 15:19
Ricciardo. Once again he has made me forget how he drove for STR.
He has been nothing short of brilliant this year!

longisland
8th September 2014, 17:47
Ricciardo
Hamilton
Perez

Tazio
9th September 2014, 02:22
I've decided Nico is my driver of the race, because of a minuscule way he got into The Boss' head on the podium. After commenting to the crowd in Italian(Nico), the boss snuck in a quick "Grazie Tutti" right at the end..... awkwarrrrrrrrrd!! just kidding..... sort of. :colour:

The Black Knight
9th September 2014, 13:38
I've decided Nico is my driver of the race, because of a minuscule way he got into The Boss' head on the podium. After commenting to the crowd in Italian(Nico), the boss snuck in a quick "Grazie Tutti" right at the end..... awkwarrrrrrrrrd!! just kidding..... sort of. :colour:

If that's the case I'm going to make my driver of the race as the crowd of fans that were boo'ing Nico. They got into his head so much that he tried to speak Italian to butter them up.

Yup, that's makes just about equal sense as naming a driver of the race for some conjured incident that happened on the podium ;)

Tazio
9th September 2014, 14:15
I just got into your head mate, thanks ;)

BTW Felipe was the winner in the podium Italian (as a second) language-fest
I wonder who my winner will be in Singapore :confused:

The Black Knight
9th September 2014, 16:59
And you replied to my post, so actually I got into yours, cheers dude ;) Shall we continue this? :p

rjbetty
9th September 2014, 19:45
lets see:

Ricciardo: Great Recovery :)
Hammy: Still not had a totally problem-free weekend for some time, but I admire how even though he has the best car, quite a lot has gone against him but he's been resilient, not moaned much considerinh. I hope he drives at his best whatever the title outcome.

Perez: Beat Hulk fair and square
Bottas: Recovered pretty well

donKey jote
9th September 2014, 20:46
And you replied to my post, so actually I got into yours, cheers dude ;) Shall we continue this? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-rQy9PRlA

Tazio
10th September 2014, 05:03
No way bro you got me licked!

com/watch?v=Na-rQy9PRlA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-rQy9PRlA)

:stareup: :facelick: