PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Ricciardo closing in on Mercedes 1-2

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 16:04
Just as some fun, Daniel is driving brilliantly lately and he is closing on Lewis very quickly now.

Unlikely he can win the World Title, but he is closing in and second could easily be on. One retirement from Nico and who knows.

What say y'all :cool::D

Ranger
24th August 2014, 16:12
To be in title contention he only needs to be within 50 points of the championship leader at Abu Dhabi.

Right now he is 64 points behind Rosberg, and 35 behind Hamilton.

Mercedes need to not be complacent, they are a long way from winning the title yet.

N4D13
24th August 2014, 16:13
Give Mercedes a spygate and Ricciardo will take the title. :)

Hawkmoon
24th August 2014, 16:14
The Mercedes car advantage is too great but it would be a win for the ages if he somehow pinched it from the guys in silver.

Let's say he's 49 points behind Rosberg going into the final round. Rosberg and Hamilton trip over each other at end up in the wall. Ricciardo wins the race and the WDC by a point. A great world championship win or an injustice of the double points rule?

driveace
24th August 2014, 17:21
Mercedes NEED to talk some sense into their drivers .The bulls were nowhere at the start of the season and now through Riciardo they are becoming very strong contenders
Mercedes will need to put these drivers on a Million pound fine scheme ,if they cause their team mate off the track or drive stupidly causing a team mate not to be able to continue ,then thats a million pound fine They would sure understand that !

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 17:31
I think Ricciardo has a chance. It will mean Seb helping him, but if that can happen. You never know

Doc Austin
24th August 2014, 19:41
The way Mercedes has so little control over their drivers, it's not impossible to believe that Nico and Lewis will crash each other out of the next three races.

Somebody
24th August 2014, 19:59
If Rosberg is in the car at Monza after Merc reportedly confirmed HAM's comments, I'll be shocked. The FIA can't NOT whack him hard for a premeditated collision.

zako85
25th August 2014, 06:34
If Rosberg is in the car at Monza after Merc reportedly confirmed HAM's comments, I'll be shocked. The FIA can't NOT whack him hard for a premeditated collision.

How do you know what Rosberg said at the meeting? Wanting to make a point is not the same as wanting to cause an accident. Toto Wolff said: "So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing."

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207980/1/hamilton-rosberg-admits-he-hit-me-deliberately.html

Ari
25th August 2014, 06:50

That is not going to happen.

Yes it was Rosbergs fault, but it was more of a clumsy mistake than anything else. It wasn't on purpose or intentional, it was just silly. Rosberg pulled out of the overtake, but then pulled back in to quickly and made contact. Just a mistake. And ultimately a racing incident.

Rosberg is leading the WDC and as much as the team are upset with him at the moment and will make sure he apologises to Hamilton, there will be no losing seats or anything like that. The team want to win the WCC and WDC. That's all that matters.

Maybe in the future Rosberg will have to hand a win to Hamilton. Maybe that's a deal that will be done behind closed doors. Who knows. Would be a reasonable outcome.

The FIA will do nothing about it as it was really a racing incident.

Oh... and I'm on Ricciardo at 100/1 to win the WDC so if Rosberg sat a race out, I would be rather satisfied, but it's not going to happen... and shouldn't.

Ari
25th August 2014, 06:55
So I've been reading a little more and Nico is now saying that perhaps he did it on purpose, or at least considered it an acceptable risk at the time...? wow.

Storm
25th August 2014, 08:46
How is he winning all these races? :confused:

(don't get me wrong I liked his driving and did see his first 2 wins properly, last night was only in bits n pieces)
He is doing pretty well in a race, consistently quick and steady..and towards the end suddenly he has a go at a couple of the leaders and leads the race for the last 2/3 laps! (not yesterday)

journeyman racer
25th August 2014, 09:23
Just remember, it'd be Vettel in this position, if he'd been able to run in the dry on Friday.

The way it's going, Hamilton may be used to protect Rosberg from a challenge from Ricciardo! :eek:

The Black Knight
25th August 2014, 10:07
Yes, lets not let that cheating German over shadow entirely that this was actually another amazing race from Daniel Ricciardo. What a talent he is turning out to be. Three race wins and ripping apart a guy who should have never been a 4 time world chamption on a continual basis. It's great to watch and I'm really excited about Ricciardo's future in F1. Great drive Ricciardo - liking him more and more by the minute.

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 10:36
If both Mercedes drivers keeping knocking lumps out of each other a sneaky Ricciardo title bid might be worth it. Especially with this stupid 50 points on the last race.

henners88
26th August 2014, 08:03
I think if it got to the point Lewis couldn't win, I'd cheer Ricciardo all the way. That would be quite amusing in fact and would leave Mercedes with a difficult decision to make too.

TheFamousEccles
27th August 2014, 08:29
Mercedes NEED to talk some sense into their drivers .The bulls were nowhere at the start of the season and now through Riciardo they are becoming very strong contenders
Mercedes will need to put these drivers on a Million pound fine scheme ,if they cause their team mate off the track or drive stupidly causing a team mate not to be able to continue ,then thats a million pound fine They would sure understand that !

Ross Braun must be enjoying the schadenfreude. Maybe just a little? This season has shown that Mercedes managment are impotent and Toto Wolff needs to start fishing or go and cut some bait.

And I have nothing to base this on, but if it came to the situation where Dan needed Vettel to play wing man, I recon he would - no questions asked.

This has been a fantastic season so far, not the least for DR33 the giant killer.

ShiftingGears
27th August 2014, 12:01
And I have nothing to base this on, but if it came to the situation where Dan needed Vettel to play wing man, I recon he would - no questions asked.

I think Rosberg is playing wing man just fine :D

Doc Austin
27th August 2014, 17:51
This season has shown that Mercedes managment are impotent and Toto Wolff needs to start fishing or go and cut some bait.

Maybe you "misinterpreted" what he was saying. :D

I can't believe how badly the team has mishandled the whole situation. We are talking about billions of dollars here, and they are letting that and all the hard work slip away because management is too weak to lay down the law to it's drivers.

The biggest surprise for me has been how little Lauda has had to say. I figured by now he would have roasted someone.