steveaki13
24th August 2014, 15:20
I am currently watching the F1, but am then going to catch up on BTCC

Anyone watching?

BDunnell
24th August 2014, 16:00
I am currently watching the F1, but am then going to catch up on BTCC

Anyone watching?

Yes. Extremely eventful races so far, with the championship advantage swinging first in Shedden's direction after Turkington got pushed out of race one, then back to Turkington after a very similar incident put paid to Shedden's challenge in race two. In neither case did it especially look like anyone's fault. Then Turkington's drive through the field in race two was quite superb.

Nick Foster is on pole for race three, which might be interesting. Aron Smith looked decidedly angry after contact with Foster took him out at the end of race two, but it was Smith's own fault, so hopefully no penalty for Foster. Adam Morgan and Tom Ingram going well also, as are Collard and Austin. Menu, by contrast, has no pace at all. Marc Hynes showed well initially, but race two degenerated into a decidedly ham-fisted effort.

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 16:59
I am just catching up now.

Wow what a first race.

I feel for Austin, he was on for a win, given all that happened.

Seemed to be alot of chaotic action, Shedden and Jordans contact seemed unnecessary. Although it didn't work out to bad for Shedden.

What a battling train behind Plato in that race.

That was the danger for Turkington being in that sort of battling train.

Sad for Tordoff too

Great first race anyway.

Well done to Neal & Austin great races from those two.

BDunnell
24th August 2014, 17:13
Seemed to be alot of chaotic action, Shedden and Jordans contact seemed unnecessary. Although it didn't work out to bad for Shedden.

On balance, I'd say it was more Jordan's fault. He wouldn't have retired had he not gone over the kerb and spun Shedden. There hasn't been anything malicious in any of today's incidents so far.

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 17:28
I agree.

I am onto Race Two now.

Shedden seemed unfortunate at the start with Austin?? losing control and knocking him round.

Shame for Jordan

Another decent race.

Matt Jackson doing a brilliant job in Race 2. Well done to him

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 17:29
Poor Smith.

Crashing meters before the finish line

BDunnell
24th August 2014, 17:52
Poor Smith.

Crashing meters before the finish line

Definitely his own fault, I'd say. Foster didn't alter his line and Smith moved across.

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 18:09
Definitely his own fault, I'd say. Foster didn't alter his line and Smith moved across.

Yes I posted that as I saw him in the wall.

He moved right over on Foster.

Race 3 about to start. Lets hope for another good one.

steveaki13
24th August 2014, 18:38
Another cracking race. Knockhill is a great circuit. The undulation and layout lead to alot of side by side action.

Nice to see Collard win.

Foster was getting really feisty against Turkington. I bet hearts were in mouth

BDunnell
24th August 2014, 18:43
Foster was getting really feisty against Turkington. I bet hearts were in mouth

Yes! Good effort by Foster not to get shuffled right down through the pack after he dropped to fourth. Excellent defence by Newsham, and pleasing to see Menu come alive in the final race. What was Plato thinking of, though, in taking out Austin?

And, at the end of it all, Turkington rightfully ends up still well on top.

MrJan
28th August 2014, 13:11
Didn't really catch much of the day so can't comment on much, other than to say that Fergus Walkinshaw and that other Ginetta driver are idiots and should have their licenses taken away for a very long time. We all enjoy a bit of controversy, but crashing into each other on purpose, after the flag, is moronic and a risk to themselves and the volunteers that help put the event on...not to mention what their mechanics must think of them. Spoilt brats IMO, with more money than sense and not really deserving of the opportunity to race.

BDunnell
28th August 2014, 19:58
Didn't really catch much of the day so can't comment on much, other than to say that Fergus Walkinshaw and that other Ginetta driver are idiots and should have their licenses taken away for a very long time. We all enjoy a bit of controversy, but crashing into each other on purpose, after the flag, is moronic and a risk to themselves and the volunteers that help put the event on...not to mention what their mechanics must think of them. Spoilt brats IMO, with more money than sense and not really deserving of the opportunity to race.

Quite right.

steveaki13
29th August 2014, 20:59
Yep I agree to. It was one of the worst things I have seen on a race track in terms of conduct.

52Paddy
10th September 2014, 02:18
Made my first trip to a UK BTCC meet on a whim while in Scotland in August. Would have been nice to catch some of the forum crew there but it was really unplanned from my part. Thoroughly enjoyed the racing!

steveaki13
11th September 2014, 22:59
Yer, I don't think many go anymore, I am planning to go to Brands Hatch in October