PDA

View Full Version : Rally books. What have you got?

sal
11th December 2006, 12:44
Well I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the old days seeing as it is that time of year when the rallying annuals start to hit the shelves.

Picked up my copy of the Epynt book at the weekend and I have to say it is one occassion when you can believe the hype! Even if you arnt a British rally fan and only know the Epynt ranges for thier use on the Rally GB then you will still love this book. The photos are in the main stunning and the images are linked to the text with anecdotes and wild stories from the likes of Ari Vatenen, Nicky Grist,Rusell Brookes and many more. I can highly recommend putting this on your Xmas list!

http://www.griffinrally.com/epynt.html

Regarding the usual annuals etc. I was speaking to Maurice Selden at the weekend and World Rallying is at the printers as we speak. Am sure that this book which is always the first on my list will be up to the usual high standards!

J4MIE
11th December 2006, 12:48
My dad has got a whole heap of rallying books which is keeps meaning to put on ebay but never gets around to :s

Simmi
11th December 2006, 14:11
I've got 8 Rallycourse now but I'm always looking on ebay for more and hopefully I will have the full set by this time next year.

Also got the first 3 'Slideshow' books by Mcklien. If they keep running that then having 10 or 15 of those will be an impressive sight. Apparently they are changing the layout a bit this year does anyone know to what extent?

animrallye
11th December 2006, 14:11
Slideshow 2006 (McKlein's year book) is now at printing, so will be available soon.

This year, it will be month by month and no more event by event, but the layout will be the same as usual.

kabouter
11th December 2006, 17:14
I always thought old Rallycourses on eBay are overpriced compared to World Rallyings, considering the contents of the books. But of course I'm a results nutter and no annual can beat World Rallying in that respect :) I've still got six WRs to go, plus this year's one of course, to complete the full set.

sal
11th December 2006, 17:32
Never collected Rallycourse until about 3 years ago as always used to buy World Rallying. Apart from the 86 edition which cost me £40 and is mint, havnt had to pay stupid money. As a lot of Rallycourses were remainded have paid an average of £10-£15 per book and they are all mint/excellent.

eloyf1
11th December 2006, 18:21
"Groupe B: Les voitures interdites" (French)
"Rallyes: Anecdotes & Histoires vécues" (French)
"L'Année Automobile 1982-1983" (Spanish edition)
"L'Année Automobile 1983-1984" (Spanish edition)
"Rally Yearbook 2005-2006" (English)

imull
11th December 2006, 19:28
Night Moves and Epynt (in which there is a pic of me :D :D :D ) anyone got a copy of Nineteen to the Dozen at sensible money?

Got a couple of Rally Course and Pirelli magazines but cant see the fascination with them personally

Tomski
11th December 2006, 19:39
Full set of Rallycourse
World Rallying 2-28
Slideshow 1-3
Rally
Rally Cars
+ others

PuddleJumper
11th December 2006, 19:45
I have Slideshow 2006 and the 2006 Rally Yearbook on order to keep my collections complete. I'd love to have the Rallycourse and Pirelli World Rallying books but haven't bought any as a) I have no shelf space as it is and b) I'm a completist and would want the full set which would mean a lot of spending!

Sounds like the Epynt book is a good buy so might add that to my Christmas list.

Simmi
11th December 2006, 20:17
I always thought old Rallycourses on eBay are overpriced compared to World Rallyings, considering the contents of the books. But of course I'm a results nutter and no annual can beat World Rallying in that respect :) I've still got six WRs to go, plus this year's one of course, to complete the full set.

I was thinking once I've satisfied my Rallycourse urge then I might look into the World Rallying series. I think you are right that they seem slightly cheaper. A lot of mistakes in Rallycourse but I've started collecting so i'll finish.

I want Rally by Mcklein for Christmas is that worth the money?

Tomski
11th December 2006, 20:37
If you want stats, facts figures etc. go for World Rallying everytime, if you like big high qulaity images etc. Rallycourse is for you. Personally I find myself referring to World Rally alot more than Rallycourse.

GunsofNavarone
11th December 2006, 20:41
I want Rally by Mcklein for Christmas is that worth the money?

I like it, a lot.

Juha
11th December 2006, 21:04
I am trying to complete my collection of Rallyworld books, I now have 85 to 89 and 97 to 04. World rallying is also present, but I only have three of them. I do have the best one, the first from 1978, just try to find that one now! Dad bought it in 1978, 7 pounds, good investment. :D I also have WR 3 and 5. Last weekend I bought Rally from Reinhard Klein because of the excellent photos in It. It certainly is worth its money. :up:

And that's it, not a big collection, but my boxes of magazines can keep you busy for a couple of weeks. :D

I'm also looking for any book featuring the Mazda RX-7 in rallying, all help always welcome. :up:

Simmi
11th December 2006, 21:23
My dad bought Rallying '78 too so if I do start collecting them thats a toughie I wont need to find.

Tommy Tucker
16th December 2006, 14:31
I have just got my copy of the new Pirelli World Rallying Annual and have to say WoW!

With its usual high standard of information and its new format, Martin Holmes and his team have surpassed themselves this year!

Does anyone else have their copy yet?

If so what do you think?

Cheers
Tommy

ste898
16th December 2006, 15:05
I have mine ordered from the 7th December and it keeps getting put back I wont get it till 3 rd Jan now so I'm gonna look eleswhere...
Where did you get yours Tommy?

HaCo
16th December 2006, 16:13
What has changed in the format?

Tommy Tucker
16th December 2006, 20:06
Ste898

I got mine from main UK distributor !

Have you tried www.vinehouseuk.co.uk (http://www.vinehouseuk.co.uk/)

Vine House Distribution
Waldenbury
North Common
Chailey
East Sussex
BN8 4DR

44 (0) 1825 72 33 98

HaCo

It’s the way its been laid out this year, the page background has all changed,
More colours have been used and the sharpness and quality of the photo’s is amazing.

You have to see a copy to understand what I mean!

It has an outstanding wealth of information on all the up and coming new drivers to the WRC and as always the unusual stories from the sport, and as an added bonus it's a good investment for my retirement!

Cheers
Tommy

sal
16th December 2006, 20:16
Just received World Rallying 29.As usual an excellent production in the same format that will be familiar to all those people who collect this long running annual.29 issues and Rallying 78 means I'm nearly onto a new shelf in the bookcase!

sal
16th December 2006, 20:18
Anyone know where this a copy of Willy Weyens Rallywereld 85 for sale at a reasonable price? Have the rest of what became Rallyworld up to 2006 but need this book to complete the set.

sal
16th December 2006, 20:20
Book dosnt break any new ground, but then again why should it. People who collect this book know what they are getting and thats whats good about it.It's stats driven with great pics rather than all image which one or two of it's rivals fall foul off being.Nice work Maurice and Martin.

General Prim
16th December 2006, 23:04
IMAGENES DE CARLOS SAINZ, special edition: fantastic!. It is written also in English

ProRally
17th December 2006, 09:12
Anyone know where this a copy of Willy Weyens Rallywereld 85 for sale at a reasonable price? Have the rest of what became Rallyworld up to 2006 but need this book to complete the set.
I will ask Willy, was at his 07 presentation last thursday (review of 06), also I have them all and some Slideshow and others, must make a list if I have time.
His RallyWorld 07 is nice book as always.

cut the b.s.
17th December 2006, 09:50

Several of his books on ebay at the moment, no 1985 thought, ending today...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZwistitieQQhtZ-1

sollitt
17th December 2006, 09:56
Mine arrives via Santa each year, so I'll sit up with extra beer & cookies this Sunday night waiting.

jonkka
14th September 2007, 12:48
Just curious, are all Pirelli World Rallying nr 15 books bi-langual (english and italian) or do I have some special edition? So, if anyone got that book, can you please tell if yours is the same.

sal
14th September 2007, 13:22
Sorry to dissapoint you but all were dual language although some were soft back rather than the normal hardback version!

jonkka
14th September 2007, 16:57
Sorry to dissapoint you but all were dual language although some were soft back rather than the normal hardback version!

Thanks Sal!

Langdale Forest
30th September 2007, 18:53
Pirelli World Rallying 2003-2004
Rally Yearbook 2004-2005
Rally Yearbook 2005-2006
Rally Yearbook 2006-2007
Images de Carlos Sainz

sal
14th October 2007, 11:21
Have finally tracked down the missing Rallyworld so now have the full set!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa105/Maltings/P1010037.jpg

sal
6th November 2007, 20:11
Found this while surfing earlier today and it's one for all you Lancia fans especially the 037 comes a great new book which would be a nice Xmas present! I've got one on order as it's going to be cheaper than tracking down a copy of the L'Ultima Giro the famous book on the 037 which is well into three figures now

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=v4076&prod_group=Cars%20Vans%20&%20Trucks&

WRCfan
6th November 2007, 23:59
Have been gifted by Dad the entire collection of Rallycourse, and Martin Holmes predating books before they were Rallycourse. (Martin Holmes World Rallying **)

sal
7th November 2007, 10:06
Have been gifted by Dad the entire collection of Rallycourse, and Martin Holmes predating books before they were Rallycourse. (Martin Holmes World Rallying **)

Nice gift however Rallycourse and World Rallying have always been seperate titles with Martin Holmes writing/editing World Rallying since it's inception (including Rallying 78)

Whinlatter
8th November 2007, 17:52
Anyone got any of Massimo Bettiol's (Rallylink.IT) books? I know Sal is a big fan of his, but I'm not sure it's possible to get his books shipped to the UK? (my translation skills aren't up to the job of asking via the website, either.....)

Also in the market for a cheap copy (ie under £30) of Nineteen to the Dozen if anyone knows of one..... :)

Whinlatter
8th November 2007, 17:52
double post.... sorry!

Simmi
5th December 2007, 18:15
Just wondering if Mcklein have done away with Slideshow this year? Can't seem to see it advertised on any sites as in previous years? Anyone know anything? I have the four editions and was hoping it would be a long runner...

Juha
5th December 2007, 18:53
Have finally tracked down the missing Rallyworld so now have the full set!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa105/Maltings/P1010037.jpgI used to have two of those, when looking at current prices I'd almost regret selling it. In recent months I've found half of the rallyworlds I still needed and now I just need for 93, 95, 96 and the last two. While searching for them on ebay I found other belgian rally annuals from 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 and a book retracing the belgian championship from 79 to 81, all by Christian Leonard. There is a notable difference between his "Rally" books and Rallyworld; the former has the full results, and stage times for every stage for the open and national championships, while the latter only has the top 15 of every rally and a two-page review of the national championship. Rally also talks about the world championship, european rallying, the british championship, french, german, they have articles about teams and cars,... too bad they stopped making that in 86 because they were very good, I'd value them as good as rallyworld.

Also bought a book about the RAC rally, I didn't knew the author, nor the content, but it has a Mazda RX-7 on the cover so I couldn't resist buying it. So my collection is getting bigger again... and my bookshelf has bent under the weight. I blame it on Reinhard Kleins' Rally, it's twice as big as anything else. :p

PuddleJumper
6th December 2007, 16:53
Just wondering if Mcklein have done away with Slideshow this year? Can't seem to see it advertised on any sites as in previous years? Anyone know anything? I have the four editions and was hoping it would be a long runner...
The McKlein store doesn't seem to have any of the new yearbooks listed so maybe they just haven't got round to adding them yet.

Simmi
6th December 2007, 17:44
The McKlein store doesn't seem to have any of the new yearbooks listed so maybe they just haven't got round to adding them yet.

I hope that's the case. The thought of having 15 or 20 of those in years to come would be amazing.

sal
24th December 2007, 18:15
M SPORT have published another book to complement Documentary of a Rally Team. This one celebrates the 06 Manufacturers win. Plain cover no dust jacket.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa105/Maltings/MSPO15.jpg

But usual superb photography

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa105/Maltings/MSPO16.jpg

Mines signed by Malcolm again!

PuddleJumper
26th December 2007, 18:46
Come on, sal, spill the beans. Where'd you get it from? I want one!

Kamikaze
19th January 2008, 09:50
I have an M-Sport Book (the first one) for sale !
It´s like new, without any Damage.

If someone is interested, please write me an PM.

Leon
21st January 2008, 15:20
Does anyone read the new Martin Holmes book for the 2007 season? I almost have all his books and for the first time I found so many mistakes and bad quality photos. Is it my copy only or anyone else notice that

jonkka
22nd January 2008, 16:27
If anyone owning annuals is interested of doing a bit of writing, check:
http://www.juwra.com/annuals_non_english.html

nikolay
23rd January 2008, 12:17
Does anyone read the new Martin Holmes book for the 2007 season? I almost have all his books and for the first time I found so many mistakes and bad quality photos. Is it my copy only or anyone else notice that

I have it. The quality is as usual and I didn't noticed any mistakes so far. Of course I didn't read the whole book yet. :)
What do you mean about bad quality photos - the photos itself or the print?

Angel69
25th January 2008, 16:06
Leon

I have seen the book but not had time to go through it as of yet.

What are the issues you are talking about?

Also have you talked to anyone at Martin Holmes Rallying regarding the mistakes or image quality?

I have found in the past, if you talk to them and let them know what you think, you are rewarded for your opinion and honesty. Constructive criticism is always welcomed with open arms by Martin.

Regards

Leon
25th January 2008, 17:57
Leon

I have seen the book but not had time to go through it as of yet.

What are the issues you are talking about?

Also have you talked to anyone at Martin Holmes Rallying regarding the mistakes or image quality?

I have found in the past, if you talk to them and let them know what you think, you are rewarded for your opinion and honesty. Constructive criticism is always welcomed with open arms by Martin.

Regards

do you have any e-mail to conduct Martin?

Angel69
28th January 2008, 15:03
Leon if you PM me your e-mail address I'll send you the details.

Regards
Angel

Nenukknak
29th January 2008, 18:18
I've just gotten a copy of Walter Rohrl's Diary, a very very interesting read.

And today came my copy of the new Group B book by McKlein The rise and fall of rallying's wildest cars, and I must say a musthave for all interested in group B. The cars, prototypes, the politics, and the aftermath. Great, great book.

sal
18th February 2008, 21:48
Have had it officially confirmed that Slideshow is no more which is a shame.

PuddleJumper
22nd February 2008, 00:05
Placed a bid on eBay (my first time using it!) for the 2nd M-Sport book. For 3 days I was the only bidder and then some lousy schmuck outbid me 5 seconds before it closed. Can't say that experience will encourage me to use eBay again. :down:

malscar
22nd February 2008, 08:11
Puddlejumper, did you bid the maximum that you were willing to pay for the book?

If not, then you just learnt a very valuable lesson.

If you did, then just how much more than you were willing to pay, was the winner willing to pay?

The winning price paid may have only been $1 more than your bid, but his bid may have been $50 higher than yours.

PuddleJumper
22nd February 2008, 10:28
I bid what the seller was asking for. I didn't get a chance to bid anything more.

pino
22nd February 2008, 10:40
Placed a bid on eBay (my first time using it!) for the 2nd M-Sport book. For 3 days I was the only bidder and then some lousy schmuck outbid me 5 seconds before it closed. Can't say that experience will encourage me to use eBay again. :down:

That's how I lost many items on ebay too, until I've started myself the same lousy strategy :o

sal
22nd February 2008, 11:34
When I bought my copies from the seller in question he was using a Dutch auction which meant I ended up paying more than I really wanted especially as it was only the 06 book that i was after.

MrJan
22nd February 2008, 13:42
Picked up my copy of the Epynt book at the weekend and I have to say it is one occassion when you can believe the hype! Even if you arnt a British rally fan and only know the Epynt ranges for thier use on the Rally GB then you will still love this book. The photos are in the main stunning and the images are linked to the text with anecdotes and wild stories from the likes of Ari Vatenen, Nicky Grist,Rusell Brookes and many more. I can highly recommend putting this on your Xmas list!

my brother got this for Christmas in '06 and it is superb :up: Some of the spelling in grammar is a bit rubbish at times but the photos and anecdotes are brilliant and it is just the best book I have ever seen.

To be honest you don't even need to know about the ranges to find it a very good read, especially given some of the stories from old hands and Epynt regulars like John Price and Lyndon Barton (who has had two of the biggest crashes up there).

Also very good to have all the results from (I think) every rally up there. A true classic and you can tell that it has been compiled by two blokes who know their stuff.

Everybody should find a copy of this book and read it because it is just excellent.

PuddleJumper
6th June 2008, 10:29
Just spoken to a lovely lady at M-Sport and purchased their 2nd book directly from them. :D

sal
6th June 2008, 13:54
Just spoken to a lovely lady at M-Sport and purchased their 2nd book directly from them. :D

Better put this copy I've just got hold of on Ebay then!

Don't suppose she said anything about them doing another one did she?

PuddleJumper
6th June 2008, 16:20
Don't suppose she said anything about them doing another one did she?
She didn't mention anything, but then I didn't ask.

Once I receive I'll drop her an email to say thanks, and ask about a 3rd edition.

Simmi
29th January 2009, 12:48
Just thought I would bring this back from the depths. Just wondering did anyone get hold of that Group B book that Mcklein did a year or so ago? Is it any good?

I was miffed that they stopped doing the Slideshows they were nice books, especially the early editions. Does anyone know why they stopped?

urabus-denoS2000
29th January 2009, 13:43
One question,when is Pirelli World Rallying coming out?

Roy
29th January 2009, 13:52
I have an M-Sport Book (the first one) for sale !
It´s like new, without any Damage.

If someone is interested, please write me an PM.

Have had it officially confirmed that Slideshow is no more which is a shame.

What is that book? What info is in that book?

cut the b.s.
29th January 2009, 14:44
One question,when is Pirelli World Rallying coming out?

Hi, I got my copy about a week ago, my wife got it for me for christmas so no idea where she ordered it from.

Nenukknak
29th January 2009, 16:49
Just thought I would bring this back from the depths. Just wondering did anyone get hold of that Group B book that Mcklein did a year or so ago? Is it any good?

You mean the rise and fall? That's a pretty good book imo. Lots of info on the car, completee description of 1986 and the formation and termination of group B, very interesting read.

They (McKlein) are also working on the ultimate group B Book. It will be out in mid-2010 contain at least 800 pages and is limited to 500 copies, and will cost a THOUSAND Euros!

SHould be one hell of a book, but a 1000 euros?!?

jens
31st January 2009, 11:17
I have got a so-called WRC encyclopedia, published in 2004. :)

Shrike
31st January 2009, 19:22
Pirelli World Rallying is available from Amazon.

Roy
9th February 2009, 18:51
What is that book? What info is in that book?

Reminder.

Who can help me?

Kamikaze
10th February 2009, 05:52
Reminder.

Who can help me?

You mentioned 2 different Books, wich one do you mean ?
Slideshow or the M-Sport Book ?

PuddleJumper
15th November 2009, 22:24
Is anyone interested in a complete set (13 issues) of RallySport Magazine, published in 1999/2000? I'm having a clear out of old magazines and newspapers but don't really want to just throw these in the recycling box. They're free to anyone who wants them, but I may ask for a small amount to cover postage, especially if you're outside the UK.

MJW
15th November 2009, 22:33
Anyone got the David Sutton autobiography, and the David Richards autobiography? Just interested to know if they are any good before I put more money into these gentlemen's bank accounts.

sal
16th November 2009, 10:32
The Sutton book is well worth having but havent got the Richards one so cant comment.

My next intended purchases are the Klein/Davenport Quattro offering and the new Italian Stratos book.

Leon
16th November 2009, 10:55
Anyone got the David Sutton autobiography, and the David Richards autobiography? Just interested to know if they are any good before I put more money into these gentlemen's bank accounts.

Don;t bother with David Richards autobiography. The worst motorsport book ever. it is just an adverstisement of Mr Richards. nothing we don;t know already

I do not reccomend it. Instead spend your money more wisely for the Alex Zanardi and Armstrong Biographies.

General Prim
16th November 2009, 17:21
Try to look at the Audi book before. I was dissapointed.
The same with the Stratos one, just photos and the new owners of old machines

Simmi
17th November 2009, 14:17
Try to look at the Audi book before. I was dissapointed.
The same with the Stratos one, just photos and the new owners of old machines

Could you give a little summary of what is wrong with the Quattro one? I was thinking about getting it too. And they aren't cheap.

I'm still pi**ed off at McKlein for discontinuing their Slideshow series. I take it no one was buying them!

General Prim
17th November 2009, 14:42
It is just a recopilation of each WRC season Audi team started, rally by rally, with the photos from RK no used before, so not the most spectacular ones, plus 16 pages of statidistics, the most valuable thing. I have the book but I doubt I would bought given the opportunity to look it before because is not cheap
I have seen the Italian one about Stratos and I will not buy it

Simmi
7th December 2009, 19:45
Anyone heard anything about Rallycourse this year? I know the publishing rights changed hands or something for the other annuals. Can't seem to find anything...

I have a bad feeling it might have died a death. Obviously its integrity had been compromised with the 'official' tag but I still wanted to keep my collection going.

DIMI44
7th December 2009, 20:51
Any news when will be available Pirelli World Rallying No 32 ?

sollitt
7th December 2009, 21:36
Usually this is available here in New Zealand just on Christmas time so I would expect it to be available in Europe perhaps a week or two earlier.

AndyRAC
7th December 2009, 22:31
Anyone heard anything about Rallycourse this year? I know the publishing rights changed hands or something for the other annuals. Can't seem to find anything...

I have a bad feeling it might have died a death. Obviously its integrity had been compromised with the 'official' tag but I still wanted to keep my collection going.

Good question? I had a look on Amazon, both Autocourse and Motocourse are there, but no Rallycourse. I wonder if you are right, maybe last years 'Official' status was a last attempt tot save it. I must say, this was a mistake though - it was just a WRC propaganda publication. As opposed to the normally excellent coverage of all Rallying. Sad, if this publication has ceased.

sal
8th December 2009, 15:28
From Crash Media's site:

Icon Publishing Ltd acquires Autocourse

Crash Media Group Ltd (CMG) today concluded the sale of their book publishing business which includes the leading motorsport annuals Autocourse, Motocourse and Rallycourse to Icon Publishing Limited.

In a management buyout led by outgoing CMG Managing Director Bryn Williams and Steve Small, the long-time art director of the annuals, Icon Publishing Limited will concentrate on publishing the existing annuals, evaluating new bespoke titles and utilising the wealth of material contained within the publishing archive.

Steve Small commented: “It is with great delight that we have had the opportunity to take over the running of the publishing business in which I have been involved for more than 20 years. The knowledge and experience which both Bryn and I have accumulated in our respective areas will stand us in good stead at Icon as we seek to further improve and develop the World’s Leading Motorsport Yearbooks, and other exciting new titles into 2010 and beyond.”

CMG retains the online publishing assets including the motorsport portal http://www.Crash.net, which will be headed by co-founder Martin Nolan and Bruce Sandell (CEO).

Bruce Sandell commented: “We wish Bryn and Steve every success with Icon Publishing – this deal focuses CMG on growing its exciting digital media business, which centres on the market-leading website Crash.net as well as content syndication and web development.”

For further information contact:

Bruce Sandell – Tel: +44 776 457 6589
Email: [email:97h40pvl]bruce.sandell@crash.net[/email:97h40pvl]

Steve Small – Tel: +44 7753 319 503
Email: [email:97h40pvl]steve.small@iconpublishinglimited.com[/email:97h40pvl]

Simmi
8th December 2009, 16:11
Yeah I saw that. Doesn't say anything about shutting down Rallycourse. I think last year it came out after christmas so that is to be expected again this year if it does surface. But there just doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere.

Simmi
10th December 2009, 12:16
Looks on the face of it like double good news.

It still lives! (out in January)
http://www.grandprixlegends.com/books-and-dvds/season-reviews/world-rally/rallycourse-2009-2010.html

And also even better it seems that filthy 'Official WRC' monicker has disappeared!

jonkka
11th December 2009, 05:24
Does anyone got one of the new Rally Giants -series books? Are those any good?

General Prim
11th December 2009, 07:06
I have them all I think. If you already have any Graham Robson's books on any of the cars you will save some $$$$.....

mjh
11th December 2009, 09:16

I have the books on the Impreza, Escort RS Cosworth / WRC, Audi Quattro and Peugot 205 T16. Got an email off Pitstop Books this morning advising that a parcel with the Toyota Celica book is now on its way too me (hopefully with Pirelli World Rallying with it!).
I like the books. Good mix of details about the cars development, rally performance and stories about the teams as well as the tech data and some interesting photos.

Hartusvuori
12th December 2009, 14:54
Just got an email from play.com that order for Pirelli World Rallying is shipped. Which is nice - should reach me by christmas.

AndyRAC
13th December 2009, 22:40
http://www.autocourse.com/

No mention of Rallycourse....

Simmi
14th December 2009, 11:00
http://www.autocourse.com/

No mention of Rallycourse....

Look at the link in my previous post. It's out in Jan. The lack of mention on that site is strange though.

AndyRAC
14th December 2009, 12:22
Look at the link in my previous post. It's out in Jan. The lack of mention on that site is strange though.

I have done, there is a problem with the site. Also it has 6 editions of Rallycourse, but doesn't mention the 2009-10 version..... :confused:

Simmi
14th December 2009, 17:13
I have done, there is a problem with the site. Also it has 6 editions of Rallycourse, but doesn't mention the 2009-10 version..... :confused:

Damn you're right. It was there but that doesn't bode well if it's been removed. It is in the latest Autosport in the gifts section. I'm sure David Evans would have told them if there was a problem. Fingers crossed it's ok.

mjh
17th December 2009, 09:32
From Pitstop Bookshop in Perth today....

Welcome to The Pitstop Bookshop Broadcast!
CHRISTMAS IS JUST OVER 1 WEEK AWAY! LAST DATE TO ENSURE DELIVERY BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS SUNDAY 20TH DECEMBER, SO PLEASE GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW!

As our season-reviewing annuals start to arrive, we have received word that some of the ones we normally stock were cancelled this year as the publisher has gone out of business. Those affected are: Rallycourse 2009-2010, the Motorcycle Yearbook 2009-2010, the Rally Yearbook 2090-2010 and the Formula One Yearbook 2009-2010.

As alternatives, we can offer: Pirelli World Rallying, the MotoGP Season Review, Motocourse 2090-2010 (due New Year), and Autocourse 2090-2010.

We have compiled our top Christmas Ideas for 2009 below, with something to suit all ages!

AndyRAC
17th December 2009, 11:42
From Pitstop Bookshop in Perth today....

So Motocourse and Autocourse are available, but Rallycourse isn't? When did they split, they used to be published by the same people. What does that tell you about World Rallying?

sal
17th December 2009, 13:22
Interesting that the French language version of the Rally Yearbook, L'annee rallyes looks to have been published but the English version hasnt...

Luis Pacheco
21st December 2009, 14:12
Who already bought the "Pirelli World Rallying 09/10"?

Any article about IRC 2009?

sal
21st December 2009, 15:19
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Henri-Toivonen-Chrysler-Championship-Jari-Matti/dp/6130221606/ref=sr_1_62?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261408404&sr=1-62

Found this listing in Amazon!

Hartusvuori
21st December 2009, 16:13
Who already bought the "Pirelli World Rallying 09/10"?

Any article about IRC 2009?

My copy arrived just today (hardcover for 20e from Play.com, not bad I think), so I haven't had time to read any of it yet, but a quick look tells there's reviews of each IRC round in the Regional Championships section (IRC parts perhaps 5-6 pages in total). There's also a 5-page article on Kris Meeke - and not directly connected to IRC but to S2000s, there's a 4-page article on the new Fiesta S2000.

pettersolberg29
27th December 2009, 21:17
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn158/pettersolberg29/9781906133009.jpg
Got one book for Christmas. Graham Robson's brilliant Monte Carlo 1911-1980 The Golden Age. Very good so far.

FAL
27th December 2009, 22:55

I have no interest in the more modern cars covered in the series but the older cars books include not only new information but plenty of corrections to Robson's older books (not that he acknowledges that too clearly in the new ones) and some fundamental changes in attitude - for example now effectively admitting that works cars were re-shelled often and the individual "famous" car "identities" made so much of in some of his earlier books are a bit of a nonsense (covering up for what works teams were doing) and actually represent little more than UK registration numbers.
Not that it stops the plethora of replicas that are around today which come dangerously close to fraud in some of their claimed "identities"....

Simmi
28th December 2009, 09:48
Got the McKlein Group B book for Christmas. Has anyone else got a copy where the contents page and opening few pages are printed twice. I thought it was a harmless mistake until I realised they were printed at the expense of 8 pages. So not impressed with that.

sal
28th December 2009, 23:28
Unlucky! It must have been that print run as mine as just the one set of contents pages.

sal
19th January 2010, 10:01
Looks like Pirelli World Rallying 32 will be the only all English language rally annual this year.

Simmi
19th January 2010, 10:04
Has there been any word as to the reasons behind the demise of Rallycourse?

AndyRAC
19th January 2010, 11:32
Has there been any word as to the reasons behind the demise of Rallycourse?

Haven't heard any officially, but I suspect like everything else to do with Rallying here in UK - there isn't the market anymore, makes no money. Last year's Official WRC Annual probably killed it off. Autocourse/Motocourse are still going though.

pettersolberg29
29th January 2010, 16:06
Does anyone know of any good books documenting the history of RAC Rally or Rally GB?

FAL
29th January 2010, 17:47
Does anyone know of any good books documenting the history of RAC Rally

The only book that captures the real atmosphere of the real forest RACs (the 5 day events) is Tony Gardiner's "RAC Rally Action" (Veloce Publishing). Don't expect entry lists and results though.
All others are probably less useful and less interesting than period reports in "Motoring News" or "Autosport" (or in earlier years "Motor" and "Autocar").

Hartusvuori
12th February 2010, 16:16
Looks like Pirelli World Rallying 32 will be the only all English language rally annual this year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rally-Yearbook-2009-Philippe-Joubin/dp/2847071660

Looks like the Rally Yearbook comes out in English after all. On US Amazon it says on the description that WRC is 16-round championship, but hopefully that's only a mistake and this book actually is of season 2009.

RAS007
26th February 2010, 17:28
Is Rallycourse seriously gone? If so, this is an unbelievable travesty. It is true to say that the quality has declined somewhat over the past few seasons, especially since David Williams passed away, but then how many different ways can you say Loeb wins again?

This news reflects the current pitiful state of the WRC better than anything. Anyone who disagrees, go read a Rallycourse from any time in the 1990's.

AndyRAC
26th February 2010, 21:38
Is Rallycourse seriously gone? If so, this is an unbelievable travesty. It is true to say that the quality has declined somewhat over the past few seasons, especially since David Williams passed away, but then how many different ways can you say Loeb wins again?

This news reflects the current pitiful state of the WRC better than anything. Anyone who disagrees, go read a Rallycourse from any time in the 1990's.

Absolutely true!! And more particular, the current state of the WRC in the UK - Autosport never lead with a WRC story on the cover, MNews is only available in certain newsagents nowadays, no dedicated Rally magazine, etc

kabouter
27th February 2010, 13:02
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rally-Yearbook-2009-Philippe-Joubin/dp/2847071660

Looks like the Rally Yearbook comes out in English after all. On US Amazon it says on the description that WRC is 16-round championship, but hopefully that's only a mistake and this book actually is of season 2009.

I pre-ordered Rally Yearbook from the US Amazon website in December, but they still haven't got the books. I'm not really expecting the English version to come out this year... Oh well, fortunately World Rallying is still going strong - in my opinion that has always been the most informative of the lot anyway.

Hartusvuori
21st June 2011, 20:37
Life sometimes throws in little surpises. Last week I was finally making an order for Jyväskylän Suurajojen jäljillä 1970-1974, a detailed history book of 1000 Lakes published in December 2010. (I believe it's one of its kind, the author have made a great work, driving all the old stages, meeting people living on those roads, talking to drivers of course, etc.) While googleing for the best price I ended up on a second-hand book store site that had Willy Weyens' Rallywereld '85 for €4. Okey, I didn't know the book - nor the language it's written in - but for that price sure I ordered it for the pictures alone. It arrived today, bit worn down sleeve but otherwise in okey condition. Now we come to the life's little surpises part. It appeared that the book had been a christmas present, because on the inner cover there was a text: "Hyvää joulua Heikille 1985! Merry Christmas 1985 to Heikki!" and a signature of no one else but Timo Salonen, World Rally Champion of 1985, the year the book was written in! The bookstore I ordered the book from is located in Hämeenlinna, Salonen's home city, so it makes sense. I don't know who is the man who this book had belonged to though. Still - a little surprise most welcomed.

Miika
11th August 2011, 18:50
My flat is so small I have room only for one book at a time - at the moment it is this one:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6016/09082011086.jpg

I´m a slow reader so I think my next book purchase will be somewhere around the year 2050.

makinen_fan
12th August 2011, 12:16
My flat is so small I have room only for one book at a time - at the moment it is this one:

I´m a slow reader so I think my next book purchase will be somewhere around the year 2050.

WOW!! i wanted to buy that... but the cost is so much. can you give me your view on it? does it really worth it for 1000eur? i know that it has all these insider stories and analysis but still the cost is high...

Miika
12th August 2011, 15:08
I´ll have to give the book more time before giving the final verdict, the cost is high but then again I doubt there is any other rally book that compares to this. Searching and buying all the original books and mags of the Group B wouldn´t be cheap either, and in the end it still wouldn´t be the same thing as this. So instead of searching all the books out there, I´ll propably settle for one good one.

makinen_fan
27th August 2011, 17:05
I´ll have to give the book more time before giving the final verdict, the cost is high but then again I doubt there is any other rally book that compares to this. Searching and buying all the original books and mags of the Group B wouldn´t be cheap either, and in the end it still wouldn´t be the same thing as this. So instead of searching all the books out there, I´ll propably settle for one good one.

Miika when you order the book do you remember the procedure? I tried to make the online order, but at one point it says they will send me an email. they have sent one but it is blank... and they did not ask for payment details... do they contact you by phone/letter to pay for it?

Miika
28th August 2011, 09:32
Miika when you order the book do you remember the procedure? I tried to make the online order, but at one point it says they will send me an email. they have sent one but it is blank... and they did not ask for payment details... do they contact you by phone/letter to pay for it?

The first confirmation e-mail was a blank one, but since you got the confirmation e-mail they should contact you with another e-mail with the payment details and so on within a few days, no phone or such should be needed.

Barreis
4th September 2011, 09:54
Miika, your chanell is great.

McTaff
4th November 2011, 18:51
If anyone wants a great Christmas present we have about 300 copies of the Welsh Rally book remaining. We could do with having a bit of room in our dining rooms this Christmas!

Mark Griffin Rally Photography (http://www.griffinrally.com)

AndyRAC
9th November 2011, 21:37
According to Motorsport News, Pirelli have pulled their sponsorship of Martin Holmes' excellent World Rallying Annual........it will likely be published after Christmas....

First Rallycourse going, and now this news....

dimviii
9th November 2011, 22:43
pitty as it was my favourite Christmas present.

amilk
11th November 2011, 20:04
Does anyone know of any good books documenting the history of RAC Rally or Rally GB?

RAC Rally Encyclopedia (Open Library) (http://openlibrary.org/books/OL12068487M/RAC_Rally_Encyclopedia)

I have this one in my collection from Rac Rally. If you are interested PM to me please.

I have some Rallycourse for sale from 90's also

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2011, 05:02
Currently reading 1999-2000 year book :)

Luis Pacheco
12th November 2011, 14:57

Within a few years will be worth a fortune.

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2011, 15:00
I am going to buy this Group B book soon ;) YESSSS

James Graham
15th November 2011, 02:32
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but 'The Rally Go-Round' is a good book. I found a copy in a second hand book shop for $10 and while it is not the longest book in the world it does give a great insight into the proper marathon events of the 1950's and 1960's. Lots of history of the Monte and RAC rallies and the characters involved and how the rallies and sport developed with the introduction of the big budget works teams in the 1960's. Worth getting a copy from Amazon as I would think it would be very cheap.

Leon
15th November 2011, 05:11
According to Motorsport News, Pirelli have pulled their sponsorship of Martin Holmes' excellent World Rallying Annual........it will likely be published after Christmas....

First Rallycourse going, and now this news....

any more news about Martin Holmes World Rallying. is there a new book out or not.
It pisses me off that MH does not have either a website or blog.... I' m still missing the late David Williams and his site

General Prim
15th November 2011, 19:38
Why does Martin need a website if we have GP Week???
I will by his book even by Easter!!!

sal
17th November 2011, 12:21
RWS :: Rally and Racing WebShop*-*Group 4 - From Stratos to Quattro (http://www.rallyandracing.com/oxid.php/sid/ba56b306fc43c58e81114bfe77176729/cl/details/cnid/4658874895f8d1.24774115/anid/2724e69de3f3043b7.05834567/Group-4---From-Stratos-to-Quattro/)

Following on from the Group B book they published. With the archive Mklein have (they have bought many well known snappers back catalogues in recent times) there will be plenty of images and stories we havent seen yet in their other rally books.

Definetley on my radar!

DIMI44
15th December 2011, 13:11
Any news for (PIRELLI)WORLD RALLYING 2011-2012 (No 34) by Martin Holmes???

Nornbugger
15th December 2011, 14:19
Any news for (PIRELLI)WORLD RALLYING 2011-2012 (No 34) by Martin Holmes???

I heard Pirelli had dropped out and with no replacement found that the book was not being published, a shame really but maybe a reflection on overall appeal of WRC?

Hartusvuori
15th December 2011, 18:27
I heard Pirelli had dropped out and with no replacement found that the book was not being published, a shame really but maybe a reflection on overall appeal of WRC?

If that is for a fact, it's a huge shame. I hope it'll be done and published anyway.

sal
16th December 2011, 10:27
Previous books that have been given the title of official book of the wrc have usually died the year after!

Saw the previous years edition and havent purchased it as it wasnt for me.

Shame about World Rallying though as having a complete run and knowing the main photographer pretty well, it feels as though something will be missing from now on..

Hartusvuori
16th December 2011, 16:34

I got comfirmation for this too: no Holmes' book on this year unless a new publishing deal surfaces. Really a shame. Pirelli World Rallying has been fundamental.

PeterO
16th March 2012, 11:23
Previous books that have been given the title of official book of the wrc have usually died the year after!

Saw the previous years edition and havent purchased it as it wasnt for me.

Shame about World Rallying though as having a complete run and knowing the main photographer pretty well, it feels as though something will be missing from now on..

So what price a set of 1 - 33 then?

TasMan
3rd April 2012, 23:36

Within a few years will be worth a fortune.

Newbie posting here.....just wondering if there was any further verdict/review of the Group B Owners books ? I am thinking of 'investing' in a copy but it is a LOT of money for a book.... Interested to hear more Miika if you would be so kind to advise ? I have quite a few books in my collection, Rally, Rally Cars, M-Sport books etc and wonder whether it is actually worth the money......

Leon
6th September 2012, 19:21
anybody has the new MaRae bookazine from autosport and MN? comments?

MJW
6th September 2012, 22:14
anybody has the new MaRae bookazine from autosport and MN? comments?
Its good and only around £5.

MJW
6th September 2012, 22:15
Has anyone got Seb Loeb's book? Also is it available in English?

OldF
4th October 2012, 20:38
I got this book yesterday.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/OkdF/JyvskylnSuurajojenjljill1970-1974.jpg

Thousand lakes rally 1970-1974.

About 50-60 pages per year with previously unpublished photos and interviews of spectator and another persons involved (drivers etc.).

Rally-eMag
4th October 2012, 20:53
My collection:

WRC Face to Face 2009 - Richard Balint
WRC Face to Face 2011 - Richard Balint
Imagenes de Carlos Sainz - Esteban Delgado
WRC: The Focus Era - M-Sport
Rally - Reinhard Klein
Rally-eMag: #1 & 2 :D

Rally-eMag
4th October 2012, 20:54
I got this book yesterday.

Thousand lakes rally 1970-1974.

About 50-60 pages per year with previously unpublished photos and interviews of spectator and another persons involved (drivers etc.).

Looks awesome, love those old pics and stories.

Leon
5th October 2012, 05:06
I'm still missing Martin holmes books..

jiipee64
5th October 2012, 08:10
Kari Mäki's book "Thousand lakes rally 1975-1979" is finished and at the printshop ...

:)

Hartusvuori
5th October 2012, 08:49
Kari Mäki's book "Thousand lakes rally 1975-1979" is finished and at the printshop ...

:)

This is unique work - going through the history year by year, the rallies stage by stage, visiting the old stages, interviewing the locals how they remember it, interviewing the drivers, going through documents, ... . I hope he keep motivated to go on with the project. I think he is personally more interested to go towards 1960s. I'd prefer 1980s, but nevertheless, I'll buy it.

makinen_fan
5th October 2012, 08:59
A new book being published with inside info from Audi from the GrB era, but only in Czech at the moment :( Hope there will be an english version too! Any of you guys here read it or gone through it? Worth the wait?

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429316_3285423073247_764683736_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/375892_3285423193250_373140358_n.jpg
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247826_3285423993270_1739805970_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/60185_3285423433256_1105661752_n.jpg

Hartusvuori
5th October 2012, 09:10
A new book being published with inside info from Audi from the GrB era, but only in Czech at the moment :( Hope there will be an english version too! Any of you guys here read it or gone through it? Worth the wait?

I brought a copy home from Zlín (cost around 22 euros), but I hardly can comment it as my Czech skills remain rusty. But it has a lot of pictures, many I think are sought for this book. Wish it'd be in English, I would buy it again :)

Prisoner Monkeys
8th October 2012, 05:42
Reinhardt Klein's Rally Cars. It was the first thing I bought with my very first paycheque.

Miika
12th October 2012, 07:27
Christmas already:

https://ssl.rallywebshop.com/out/1/html/0/dyn_images/z1/sol_0108035_pic1_z1.jpg

RWS :: Rally and Racing WebShop*-*Toivonen - Finlands fastest family (http://www.rallyandracing.com/oxid.php/sid/147683ee01c2101eee86d88434fa979d/cl/details/cnid/be446588749ddde78.39867157/anid/9915006bc8d742554.21080012/Toivonen---Finlands-fastest-family/)

pettersolberg29
29th October 2012, 00:04
Got the McKlein Group 4 book for my birthday today - looks like another quality book from them. Great photos, season summaries, stats and little anecdotes too.

Rallyper
10th November 2012, 11:03
Here´s a swedish article about Ewy Rosqvist winning Argentinian GP (rallying) in a Mercedes back in 1962. Only swedish though. Maybe translateble via google...?

I rallydrottningens spår | Motor | SvD (http://www.svd.se/naringsliv/motor/i-rallydrottningens-spar-50-ar-senare_7653434.svd)

Shirley anne
22nd November 2012, 14:08
I pre-ordered this book from a German website months ago.
Of course, we've waited for this book for over 25 years (!)
The postman delivered it yesterday evening and I started reading it immediately until I fell asleep whilst doing so around two o'clock at night. :laugh:

Georgi
22nd November 2012, 16:25
I want to ask something a bit different: What are the good magazines this days for Rallying in English language?

prpr
26th November 2012, 11:46
Pacenotes (monthly), concentrating mainly on Irish and UK rallying: Pacenotes Rally Magazine (http://www.rallymagazine.com)
Motorsport News (weekly newspaper), good rallying coverage: Motorsport News - The Voice of British Motorsport (http://www.motorsport-news.co.uk)
Autosport (weekly), WRC reports and limited rallying news: autosport.com - the authority on Formula One, F1, MotoGP, WRC, IndyCar, GP2, F2, Le Mans, NASCAR and more (http://www.autosport.com)
Carsport (bi-monthly), Irish rallying: CarSport************* Ireland's No1 Motoring Magazine - CarSport Magazine (http://www.carsportmagazine.com)

wrchirek
19th December 2012, 06:51
This year's official WRC yearbook is out: WRC Face to Face 2012 - now available! (http://www.wrcfacetoface.com/)

Fantastic!

A.F.F.
19th December 2012, 22:01
I wish Reinhard Klein would do an updated version of his Rally Cars-book.

Prisoner Monkeys
21st December 2012, 08:08
I wish Reinhard Klein would do an updated version of his Rally Cars-book.
Same, but it's only been twelve years, and the authors wrote in the foreword that they only wanted to pick the most influential cars since the inception of organised rallying. While there have undoubtedly been several influential cars in the time since it was published, I cannot help but think that there would not be enough content to justify an update. Maybe in another twelve years, then.

makinen_fan
23rd February 2013, 13:45
Book - Skoda Fabia Super 2000 Rally Car - IRC 2009 2010 Seasons - English text | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350722537105&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123)

I came across this today. Does anyone know if this book worth it? Does it provide any 'unknown' stories technical details etc? Or just results and rally reviews?

Camelopard
24th February 2013, 03:38
I've just ordered Graham Robson's new Ford Escort book from a well known online place. (Works Escorts In Detail: Ford's Rear-Wheel-Drive Competition Escorts, car-by-car). I did see it for sale at Foyles in London but as it is fairly heavy and I already had way too much stuff, I didn't end up buying it. The online price and postage will end up costing me about the same and I didn't have to lug it round with me!

Barreis
11th May 2013, 16:49
Found this today about escort wrc...
Ford Escort RS Cosworth and World Rally Car - Graham Robson - Google Knjige (http://books.google.hr/books?id=m1gfC0h9jj8C&pg=PA32&lpg=PP1&hl=hr&output=html_text)

OldF
13th May 2013, 18:35
These are my latest books.

The books contains photos by Holger & Marita Eklund who were THE Finnish motorsport photographers.

Their legacy is estimated to contain about 500.000 photos and negatives from mid-50 to mid-90. Their home burned in 2004. Fortunately most of the photos and negatives stored in the basement was saved but the whole archive was mixed up in black plastic bags.

Part 1 was published in 2009 and part 2 2011.

Among others nice photos of a Popeda (1958) and a Volga (1959) going sideways in Hankiralli. :D

Part 1 has 30 pages of Finnish rallies and 10 pages of international rallies, mostly Monte and RAC. Part 2 has 31 pages on Finnish rallies and 18 pages of international rallies. Part 2 has the captions also in English.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/OkdF/Kilvanajoa_zpsd6f6dac3.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/OkdF/Kilvanajoa2_zps93dcce45.jpg

trickydicky
15th May 2013, 16:47
I have Reinhard Klein's 'Rally' and 'Rally Cars'. I have had them since they came out and they still look mint. They are about the only things I own that I have looked after. I am going to buy McKleins books 'Group 4' and 'Safari', and the one about the Toivonens.

There is no point doing an updated version of 'Rally', just one page on the changes in 'WRC car' rules, and pictures of their body shells, as they are essentially the same. Those books are like time machines to when rallying was good, I wouldn't want them ruined by having chapters on the modern fluff!

Arska
19th May 2013, 09:40
I've got 'Sorateiden Grand Prix 50 vuotta 1950-2000' (Grand Prix on Gravel Roads 50 years 1950-2000), can't remember the author though, and I can't check it right now, but it has all kinds of rally stories from rally Finland's first five decades.

I'm not 100% sure if I still have it in safe. Haven't looked at my bookshelf for a long time, but let's hope the best

kdes24uk
31st May 2013, 13:40
Hi

I hope this isn't against forum rules ...

I have a few of my rally book collection left and up for sale if anyone is interested. I'll be adding a few more titles over the weekend so if interested please bookmark in Ebay.
Note - I am not a professional seller just someone who has run out of shelf space and thought there might be somone in this thread looking to complete a collection etc.

please search ebay for user Kevdes24

can't post links but this might help -

"ebay.co.uk/sch/kevdes24/m.html?item=121116947204&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l256"

thanks

Kev

Carlo
6th June 2013, 23:31
Amongst many other the others on my shelves are included
International Rallying by Stuart Turner
Rallying with BP by Stanley Paul
Rallying by Chris Sclater and Martin Holmes
A-Z Of Rally Cars by Graham Robson
The New Zealand Rally by David Thompson and Martin Holmes, this one covers the 1st 25 years of Rally NZ
The Roads We've Travelled by Paul Smith, this one covers the 1st 4 decades of NZ rally sport
'72 Heatway International Motor Rally
1973 Heatway International Motor Rally
And for the old timers out there, Larry Reids Rally Tables

Kielder
16th August 2013, 17:12
Another masterpiece out in September...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRzNFHTCYAA6wiq.jpg:large

Kielder
26th January 2015, 16:30
I'm going to buy a book of the history of Monte, but I don't know if buying the second one worth the money. I'd appreciate some reviews if you can compare them or if you have the second one.

http://i62.tinypic.com/d5eyv.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2czc5d4.jpg

Spud
29th January 2015, 22:06
I have some of Pirellis World Rallying Books but my most prized rally publication is Rally by Reinhard Klein...I bought this book in 1998 I think. I should have bought "Rally Cars" as well but I didnt...big mistake on my part.....Ive seen it online for sale but it is way expensive....

GigiGalliNo1
2nd February 2015, 04:23
I'm going to buy a book of the history of Monte, but I don't know if buying the second one worth the money. I'd appreciate some reviews if you can compare them or if you have the second one.

http://i62.tinypic.com/d5eyv.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2czc5d4.jpg

Where can you buy this book from?

harris
10th February 2015, 03:11
Amazon has it listed here in the States for $38.43

dimviii
29th March 2015, 00:03
focus era
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321704554518