PDA

View Full Version : FIA post-qualifying press conference - Belgium

News
23rd August 2014, 17:00
Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA DRIVERS: 1 - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes), 2 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), 3 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
TV UNILATERAL
Q: Nico, many congratulations, your first Spa pole. Typical Spa conditions of course today, tell us how special the feeling is right now?
Nico Rosberg: Yeah, it's awesome definitely at this track. It's one of the most special tracks of the year, so to be in front here is great. Not quite as difficult out there as on some other occasions as the conditions were pretty much always intermediates, just varying slightly, so that made it a bit easier today. But still, it's always difficult on this track in the wet, so I'm really, really happy. The car was handling well and together with my engineers we fine-tuned it perfectly now in qualifying and really got there in the end. So, in the end I was really feeling comfortable and able to push, so fantastic. But it's only qualifying, so still a long race tomorrow but of course, very happy.
Q: In terms of the detail, the first sector was always particularly strong for you throughout this qualifying session, why is that?
NR: I'm not sure, it's Eau Rouge mainly the first sector you know. I was feeling good through there, really going for it and maybe that's where the time was done. I haven't looked.
Q: Very well done. Coming to you Lewis, you were right in the hunt all the way through qualifying but it seemed, if anything, Q3 wasn't quite as comfortable for you from the outset as the previous sessions had been, why was that?
Lewis Hamilton: I had a glazed front-right or front-left brake, so the car was pulling to the left or to the right and there was nothing I could do on the out laps to try to get rid of that, so I was struggling under the braking. I had to bring the braking point a little bit further back and I was losing massive amounts out of particularly turn one.

Q: Before that it looked like you were enjoying yourself out there, though. How much can you enjoy driving in conditions like these?
LH: It's more fun in the dry but it's still a huge challenge and as Nico said the conditions were quite good so

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/8/16244.html)