PDA

View Full Version : Talk about anything that's on your mind

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 20:36
Hi All.

On the back of my hugely successful thread a while ago "Whatever happened to...", I thought I would open another.

This one inspired by D Type, who in the Word Games forum thread suggested a thread in which we can chat about anything, rather than cluttering the Interview the Person below thread.

I thought it was a nice idea.

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 20:41
I will go first and answer some enquiries from the "Interview the person below" Thread

Same Q to the one below ( cos I feel guilty taking Steve's turn to answer. I know he's a great photographer )

Not really. I love taking pictures but I am not that great at it.

oops...steve is probably at work. we'll repeat the q later for him. let's continue

I was about heading out to work at that moment Gadjo.

it's not even 8am there, does he start work so early? anyways, what is the question?

My new job I have to leave about 7:35 to get in to base for 8am. I finish at 5 and get home about 5:30.

Its a long day :(

But he doesn't jump from bed and just start to work. He probably need to prepare + it takes time with the road to work.

Yep you are right.

I miss this place when working. I often think of good questions to ask and have forgotten them by the time I get home. :p

schmenke
21st August 2014, 21:13
On my mind right now is that spicy Thai dish I had for lunch... :s :erm:

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 21:15
Was it nice?

schmenke
21st August 2014, 21:37
At the time, yes :p:

D-Type
21st August 2014, 21:57
When I worked in Thailand we discovered that the Thais love spicy dishes. You'd be eating a nice tasty dish and suddenly you'd find a chilli (the small ones were the fiercest) and you'd make a dive for the nearest water to put the fire out - which could be the finger bowl! Ironically, when we brought various things out from Britain as presents we found that they loved the subtle fruitiness of Opal Fruits (Starburst).

gadjo_dilo
21st August 2014, 22:21
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrtF45-y-g

:angel:

gadjo_dilo
21st August 2014, 22:48
....... a thread in which we can chat about anything, rather than cluttering the Interview the Person below thread.

I thought it was a nice idea.

Hey, wait a minute......Can this be the end of my fav thread? :confused: :angryfire:

schmenke
21st August 2014, 23:23
That spicy Thai dish has since been, ah, evacuated :D :erm: :s

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 23:36
Hey, wait a minute......Can this be the end of my fav thread? :confused: :angryfire:

Hardly.

We can have two favourite threads

Rollo
22nd August 2014, 02:17
I've just got the Pug 206 back from the mechanics' after they've had to drill a hole for a new oversized sump plug.

Last weekend, I'd decided to do an oil change which is a pretty easy sort of thing to do and after boshing in a load of engine flush, I tried to undo the previous sump plug and found that it just spun about and wouldn't come out.
I suspect that who'd ever did the last oil change, used a rattle gun or impact drill to screw in the old sump plug and had jolly well stripped all of the threads off. Probably some dim-witted seventeen year old apprentice who was more worried about facebookery on his iDevice than actually bothering to do a job properly.

$355 later and several days off the road, for a stupid part that should have cost less than a few bucks and no more than an hour at most. I'm not taking my car back to those jokers ever again.

Storm
22nd August 2014, 07:29
^mechanics are infuriating at the best of times...my motorbike (which runs pretty well) sort of coughed and died on a traffic signal yesterday...I had an inkling that the battery may not have had juice since the Neutral N LED was blinking for a day or two...so the beast would not start (electric start disabled and of course with no battery power it wouldn't have worked). So after lugging the 192kg thing around for a few hundred mtrs in terribly humid afternoon in chaotic traffic in the small lanes of the old town, finally found a mechanic who dared open the thing up (apparently other normal moped/mobike guys won't touch an Enfield :rolleyes: even though it was just to check the battery levels!)

1 hour of waiting around in the heat for the guy to finish up his other bikes, and finally he deems it fit to open the battery compartment, which is basically dry - adding distilled water and kick starting the bike to recharge the battery - less than 5 min job for which I spent a couple of hours, a lot of sweat and a nice little 100 rupee note :\\

Rudy Tamasz
22nd August 2014, 10:04
I want a new job. This one is nice but doing same thing for eight years is kinda boring. I also would like to earn more, but this is a government job with rates pretty much non-negotiable.

steveaki13
22nd August 2014, 20:25
I want a new job. This one is nice but doing same thing for eight years is kinda boring. I also would like to earn more, but this is a government job with rates pretty much non-negotiable.

What sort of things would you like to do?

Rollo
25th August 2014, 03:45
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/monkey-selfie-officials-rule-nobody-4088663
But now the US copyright office has finally made a decision, judging that neither hold any rights.
It has ruled that any work created by an animal does not belong to them or anyone else.

Mr Slater said: "It makes me very angry, I'm a professional photographer - it costs me over £2,000 to do the trip. It's my livelihood.
"You take 20,000 shots to get one image that sells, it was potentially a good earner for me, I've lost over £10,000 pounds because of it."
- The Daily Mirror, 22 Aug 2014

I think that this is a terrible miscarriage of justice. The US copyright office has now basically said that when an animal takes a photograph, copyright can not be claimed by the person who took it.
This sends a very strong message to professional photographers: DO NOT under any circumstances give your camera equipment to anyone else. Never let an animal take another selfie ever again as there is now zero monetary incentive to produce this sort of photograph.

Rudy Tamasz
25th August 2014, 08:54
What sort of things would you like to do?

I work in international development. To explain it in simple terms, that's more developed countries helping less developed countries cope with their problems (working on their political system, fighting corruption, securing economic growth, preventing HIV/AIDS etc.). My problem is I've been doing too much paperwork. I want something more direct.

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 10:46
My new job is not perfect as the boss appears slightly high strung and very anxious about certain things.

This all passes down to workers and makes me feel anxious. I guess I will get used to it, but I certainly do not feel settled yet.

I do get paid a better wage though, so thats a good thing

D-Type
25th August 2014, 10:58
When you change jobs for every year you were at the previous job it will take you 1 month to settle into the new one. In time you'll get your boss's measure.
Rudi, is it not possible with your employer to transfer to a diferent department where the work is more "hands on". If you don't ask they won't know you're interested and may think you are totally contented with what you're doing.
It's a Bank Holiday (public holiday) in England today. As usual it's raining - why does it always seem to rain on a bank holiday?

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 11:03
I know. I was all excited about what to do with my Bank Holiday and now its nothing outside

Rudy Tamasz
25th August 2014, 11:16
When you change jobs for every year you were at the previous job it will take you 1 month to settle into the new one. In time you'll get your boss's measure.
Rudi, is it not possible with your employer to transfer to a diferent department where the work is more "hands on". If you don't ask they won't know you're interested and may think you are totally contented with what you're doing.
It's a Bank Holiday (public holiday) in England today. As usual it's raining - why does it always seem to rain on a bank holiday?

My best shot would be to ask for a short term assignment to one of the exotic (and maybe dangerous) countries. That might work or it might not as I have to do a big project design this year and stay in the office. Otherwise I will have to look for a new job and I already do.

On a totally different note, I am very much interested in jazz rock fusion. People like John Etheridge and Allan Holdsworth are incredibly creative and musicianship is top notch.

Starter
25th August 2014, 14:19
On a totally different note, I am very much interested in jazz rock fusion. People like John Etheridge and Allan Holdsworth are incredibly creative and musicianship is top notch.
One of my favorite genres. You have good taste. :D

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2014, 15:53

because you live in UK......

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 15:56
because you live in UK......

Does the UK have the reputation of rain everywhere?

Rudy Tamasz
25th August 2014, 16:08
Does the UK have the reputation of rain everywhere?

Rain, fog and humidity, all year long.

schmenke
25th August 2014, 16:28
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/monkey-selfie-officials-rule-nobody-4088663
But now the US copyright office has finally made a decision, judging that neither hold any rights.
It has ruled that any work created by an animal does not belong to them or anyone else.

Mr Slater said: "It makes me very angry, I'm a professional photographer - it costs me over £2,000 to do the trip. It's my livelihood.
"You take 20,000 shots to get one image that sells, it was potentially a good earner for me, I've lost over £10,000 pounds because of it."
- The Daily Mirror, 22 Aug 2014

I think that this is a terrible miscarriage of justice. The US copyright office has now basically said that when an animal takes a photograph, copyright can not be claimed by the person who took it.
This sends a very strong message to professional photographers: DO NOT under any circumstances give your camera equipment to anyone else. Never let an animal take another selfie ever again as there is now zero monetary incentive to produce this sort of photograph.

"...It has ruled that any work created by an animal does not belong to them or anyone else. ..."

Terrible ruling.
The photographer created the image by traveling to Indonesia with his camera gear, trudged through the jungle and spent time with the monkeys. I can’t see how the photo is not his “creation”.

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2014, 16:35
Rain, fog and humidity, all year long.

Right. :laugh:

Storm
25th August 2014, 19:19
yes indeed.

Although I got sun-burnt (yes even us darker toned people can!) while I was there in May/June :hmph: Not a spot of rain then.

555-04Q2
25th August 2014, 20:12
Did you lot really miss me this year? :D

Starter
25th August 2014, 20:23
Not a bit. Though it did seem oddly quiet and peaceful around here. :D:p::D

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 20:27

Hi Triple 5

I missed you, we had some good fun last winter (where I am) when you were around regularly.

Will you be around more as the year goes on?

gadjo_dilo
25th August 2014, 21:02

I know a certain person who definitely missed the south african. :devil: :laugh:

555-04Q2
25th August 2014, 21:06
Not a bit. Though it did seem oddly quiet and peaceful around here. :D:p::D

Oi!!!!!!! :laugh:

555-04Q2
25th August 2014, 21:07
I know a certain person who definitely missed the south african. :devil: :laugh:

Lol ;)

555-04Q2
25th August 2014, 21:08
Hi Triple 5

I missed you, we had some good fun last winter (where I am) when you were around regularly.

Will you be around more as the year goes on?

Yeah it was good :)

Will try make time to be on here more :D

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 23:41
This is my 7000th post and I was foolish enough to ask how to celebrate. :o

I got an answer and for fun and to cheer her up I thought I would go through with it. :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10407088_857280357616260_1072693719356165012_n.jpg ?oh=355308cb0045ad9cd0f7d520443c75b2&oe=547B7306&__gda__=1415605216_6d3c43d9c07a83b0b06d171c55692e0 4

airshifter
26th August 2014, 04:05

I got an answer and for fun and to cheer her up I thought I would go through with it. :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10407088_857280357616260_1072693719356165012_n.jpg ?oh=355308cb0045ad9cd0f7d520443c75b2&oe=547B7306&__gda__=1415605216_6d3c43d9c07a83b0b06d171c55692e0 4

I suspect that she probably felt you wouldn't want to risk ruining a shirt and would paint that straight on your skin. You never know what to expect from this ladies that grew up smoking and drinking in school uniforms. :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
26th August 2014, 04:23
Steeeeeve..........:eek:
Nobody ever did such nice thing for me.....
You're my hero! :kiss:
(Although the idea was mine. Ladies who grew up drinking (-never smoked in school though-) in school uniforms always have weird fantasies :laugh:)

gadjo_dilo
26th August 2014, 06:08
I suspect that she probably felt you wouldn't want to risk ruining a shirt and would paint that straight on your skin.
No way..... Football players always write their messages on a shirt.

steveaki13
26th August 2014, 07:47
Steeeeeve..........:eek:
Nobody ever did such nice thing for me.....
You're my hero! :kiss:
(Although the idea was mine. Ladies who grew up drinking (-never smoked in school though-) in school uniforms always have weird fantasies :laugh:)

;)

gadjo_dilo
26th August 2014, 07:53
Just noticed that very soon I'll celebrate my # 6000 post.
No suggestions for celebration please.

Storm
26th August 2014, 07:55
Then why did you mention it?

gadjo_dilo
26th August 2014, 08:02
Because I'm a big mouth who talks a lot of sh*t and upset the others. :laugh:

Storm
26th August 2014, 08:08
:p:

steveaki13
26th August 2014, 08:13
Don't be a spoil sport Gadjo :D

gadjo_dilo
26th August 2014, 08:44
You know I'm honest, I don't lie about myself.

555-04Q2
26th August 2014, 20:07
Just noticed that very soon I'll celebrate my # 6000 post.
No suggestions for celebration please.

Hmmmmm..........

steveaki13
27th August 2014, 21:09
This will not interest most on here, but a few may like it.

Its a 10 minute video on the footplate of a steam engine thundering along the UK mainline. The driver talks through what he is doing and looking out for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHuYeYttBb8

gadjo_dilo
27th August 2014, 21:27
This is my 6000th post and I wasn't foolish enough to ask how to celebrate.
I won't do it Steve's style cos I'll risk some unsalty jokes about one of my definitory anatomic part. :laugh:
So just many thanks for helping me to reach here (although nobody replied to me in the first years and I was mostly talking alone ) and big big hugs to Steve, Rudy Tamasz, Storm, Starter, Airshifter, schmenke, D-type, anfield, pino, ody, donks, Tazio (although he doesn't deserve it for always mocking me :p), henners, 555, mintexmemory +Mark for running this great place. In case I forgot someone I'm really sorry, it's not because I'm ungrateful but cos I'm getting old.
:wave: :kiss:

steveaki13
27th August 2014, 21:38
This is my 6000th post and I wasn't foolish enough to ask how to celebrate.
I won't do it Steve's style cos I'll risk some unsalty jokes about one of my definitory anatomic part.
So just many thanks for helping me to reach here (although nobody replied to me in the first years and I was mostly talking alone ) and big big hugs to Steve, Rudy Tamasz, Storm, Starter, Airshifter, schmenke, D-type, anfield, pino, ody, donks, Tazio (although he doesn't deserve it for always mocking me :p), henners, 555, mintexmemory +Mark for running this great place. In case I forgot someone I'm really sorry, it's not because I'm ungrateful but cos I'm getting old.

Happy 6000 posts Gadjo :wave:

Storm
27th August 2014, 21:39
cheers :)

steveaki13
27th August 2014, 22:03
I have just been informed I have been nominated to perform the charity act sweeping Britain at the moment.

The ASL amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis) ice bucket challenge. Is basically give a donation for charity and then pour a bucket of cold water filled with ice cubes over your head in full clothing.

Good cause but sounds pretty nasty :eek:

Storm
27th August 2014, 22:42
should be tough but doable if you are used to showering with cold water everyday, all year long (like I do :p: but then I don't live in a cold country like you do) - at least it is in "full clothing"

schmenke
27th August 2014, 23:13
...the charity act sweeping Britain at the moment. ...

It is also, sadly, distracting from other notable charities, including those whose proceeds contribute to much more needy ailments :mark:

steveaki13
27th August 2014, 23:26
It is also, sadly, distracting from other notable charities, including those whose proceeds contribute to much more needy ailments :mark:

I fully agree.

I personally have not donated to als. Instead I have discovered McMillan a Cancer Charity are running one too, so I have donated to them.

gadjo_dilo
28th August 2014, 00:00
Steve, don't forget to show us pictures of you wet as a cat.

schmenke
28th August 2014, 00:12
I fully agree.

I personally have not donated to als. Instead I have discovered McMillan a Cancer Charity are running one too, so I have donated to them.

Good to know.
In a couple of weeks’ time I’m running a 10km charity run, soliciting donations for the Canadian Cancer Society. But having a buck of ice water poured over my head sounds less stressful :p: .

Rudy Tamasz
28th August 2014, 08:54
Good cause but sounds pretty nasty :eek:

Big deal. In my town they shut off hot water for two weeks each year for the repair and maintenance of water pipes. Then I take cold shower every morning.

steveaki13
12th September 2014, 21:13
Where is Gadjo this evening?

Maybe she is not enjoying the car talk in the "interview the person below" Thread :p

gadjo_dilo
12th September 2014, 21:48
Yeah, you&co. are boring me to death with those questions. :angryfire:

So be prepared for a new set of rules on the other thread. :devil:

steveaki13
12th September 2014, 21:59
Yeah, you&co. are boring me to death with those questions. :angryfire:

So beu prepared for a new set of rules on the other thread. :devil:

:eek:

steveaki13
12th September 2014, 22:02
Anyone done anything out of the ordinary today?

schmenke
12th September 2014, 22:06
I had a bowel movement :mark:

steveaki13
12th September 2014, 22:28
Thanks for sharing :p

Anyone else done anything on that level?

airshifter
13th September 2014, 12:16
Thanks for sharing :p

Anyone else done anything on that level?

Well getting something done on that level should be a regular thing for most people, so yes. :laugh:

What's on my mind? Hmmm...

Getting my 401K allocation figured out for my new job

Wanting to wash a car or two but the sun isn't up yet

Calling one of the women that works for me to reschedule something, but not wanting to do it so early that I wake her up

Registering my toll transponder device that I've put off registering for a while

Signing up for my cheap ink auto replacement deal and wondering if it can really be that cheap

Wanting to pick up some .22 long rifle ammo so I can go shooting with a friend

Being extremely happy that my new job allows a better life balance that lets me see my family a lot more than a previous job!

Wondering if I'll get some rest before we head out to the music festival later today

The reality that the above list won't be getting done if I'm on the forum goofing off! :)

steveaki13
21st September 2014, 22:58

Gadjo's favourite picture has disappeared :(

gadjo_dilo
23rd September 2014, 19:27
Don't worry, I saved it.
Just get ready for your 8000 post celebration.
:laugh:

steveaki13
24th September 2014, 18:56
Comes to something when people actually manage to get a race thread closed in the F1 section.

:rolleyes:

Just really annoys me that people get that nasty when discussing things.

Storm
24th September 2014, 19:00
what happened? I missed out...just like I missed out on half the race (till the end of SC period) on sunday :s

steveaki13
24th September 2014, 19:24
A lot of people with valid opposite views turning into name calling children. The mods must have had enough

airshifter
25th September 2014, 13:41
Comes to something when people actually manage to get a race thread closed in the F1 section.

:rolleyes:

Just really annoys me that people get that nasty when discussing things.

I agree Steve. I'd much rather the offending posters get a warning or time out, even if I cross the line and one of the offending posters is me. But people like to "play tough" on the internet with names and kid games, usually when there is no valid discussion that supports their point of view.

Bagwan
25th September 2014, 16:36
I agree Steve. I'd much rather the offending posters get a warning or time out, even if I cross the line and one of the offending posters is me. But people like to "play tough" on the internet with names and kid games, usually when there is no valid discussion that supports their point of view.

Beneath it all was a sensible discussion .
And , everyone had a point , and argued it , but it went downhill from there .

It does sometimes .
We , who take the time to discuss F1 , are pretty passionate about it in the first place .
I've been here for a long time , and seen many brou-ha-has come and go .

This was a small blip in the grand scheme of things .

Hopefully , nobody will leave as a result .
Some of the best F1 minds I've seen here have gone because they were "too passionate" , and others left because they didn't .

It'll all smooth out . Don't worry .

Then , it will all fly apart again .

Tazio
25th September 2014, 17:11
Beneath it all was a sensible discussion .
And , everyone had a point , and argued it , but it went downhill from there .

It does sometimes .
We , who take the time to discuss F1 , are pretty passionate about it in the first place .
I've been here for a long time , and seen many brou-ha-has come and go .

This was a small blip in the grand scheme of things .

Hopefully , nobody will leave as a result .
Some of the best F1 minds I've seen here have gone because they were "too passionate" , and others left because they didn't .

It'll all smooth out . Don't worry .

Then , it will all fly apart again .
Yeah Baggie I went a little mental, but I did try (at least in my first post) to simply dismiss DA's assertion. As for TBK he is on my sh*t list for saying situations in F1 need to be simplified so that Americans can understand them. I'll ---- that little mother------!! In retrospect I probably should have let DA's opinion be, for the simple reason that this tabloid aspect of the sport (complainers vs lesser complainers) is a joke to me and sometimes I can't help scoffing at such insignificant BS. In the future I will be a little more careful which threads to drop a neutron bomb upon, because getting the race thread locked was not really that cool :cool:
Later meat, I'm off for a massage

rjbetty
25th September 2014, 17:36
Yeah Baggie I went a little mental...

"We all go... a little crazy sometimes." :cool:

airshifter
26th September 2014, 11:04
Maybe next time Taz goes all ninja in a forum we have to make him give up the keys to the scoot for a week or two?

Better yet, he has to give it to one of us, that will leave me hoping he nukes a thread. :laugh:

I've seen the boil overs in the F1 forum before, and it is a shame that it takes out so many people. I just call it quits earlier before it bothers me, but over the years I've just learned not to let things bother me.

Bagwan
26th September 2014, 13:35
Yeah Baggie I went a little mental, but I did try (at least in my first post) to simply dismiss DA's assertion. As for TBK he is on my sh*t list for saying situations in F1 need to be simplified so that Americans can understand them. I'll ---- that little mother------!! In retrospect I probably should have let DA's opinion be, for the simple reason that this tabloid aspect of the sport (complainers vs lesser complainers) is a joke to me and sometimes I can't help scoffing at such insignificant BS. In the future I will be a little more careful which threads to drop a neutron bomb upon, because getting the race thread locked was not really that cool :cool:
Later meat, I'm off for a massage

The answer , Mr. Bear , is to have a massage before you post , so you're nice and relaxed when you chime in .

Tazio
26th September 2014, 15:35
The answer , Mr. Bear , is to have a massage before you post , so you're nice and relaxed when you chime in .That would be incredibly inconvenient..meat. From this point forward l think I will just expose illogical, erroneous, ----ed up comments without personally attacking the ----heads, thus simultaneously exclude the use of expressions like ----head, ----head ----breath, pole smoker, pillow biter, vaffanculo, and etc.

Bagwan
26th September 2014, 16:54
Ah , Tazzy , I wasn't meaning to pick on y'all .
Others were being a little sketchy , too .

I don't want anyone to change their style , but rather , maybe , when the fever is hot , to step away from the keys for a minute , and read the post with a fresh mind before hitting "enter" .
I wish the whole world would do that , too , sometimes .

You don't need to , all of a sudden , step into the phone booth to change into "Anti-Illogical , Counter Erroneous man" , even if you do kinda fancy the cape look , Bear .

Oh , yeah , I almost forgot to mention that I typed this really slowly , because I know you Americans don't read too quickly .Hee hee .

steveaki13
26th September 2014, 19:31
That would be incredibly inconvenient..meat. From this point forward l think I will just expose illogical, erroneous, ----ed up comments without personally attacking the ----heads, thus simultaneously exclude the use of expressions like ----head, ----head ----breath, pole smoker, pillow biter, vaffanculo, and etc.

You could just be nice and say "I don't agree"

Tazio
26th September 2014, 21:51
You could just be nice and say "I don't agree"

Rollo
27th September 2014, 02:35
Here we go into another war into Iraq with no end game... or rather, the same war in Iraq with still no end game.
Australia found a teenager who it could hold up as a terrorist, who was conveniently killed, and now we have a new set of powers for ASIO.
I think I've heard this tune before... it's an old song.

steveaki13
27th September 2014, 09:08
Worrying times again Rollo :(

Rudy Tamasz
30th September 2014, 10:35
Here we go into another war into Iraq with no end game... or rather, the same war in Iraq with still no end game.
Australia found a teenager who it could hold up as a terrorist, who was conveniently killed, and now we have a new set of powers for ASIO.
I think I've heard this tune before... it's an old song.

I don't get it. I just don't get it, why supposedly democratic governments love it so much going to war. Okay, human lives, they have never cared about those, anyways. What about money then? One thing I know about wars is they are a bloody expensive form of entertainment. Even in the Middle Ages, when wars were the everyday occupation for the ruling class, every king and duke always faced the problem of bankrolling a large bunch of greedy and totally unproductive people called soldiers. Louis the XII, a French king was proclaimed the Father of the Nation by his subjects for, mind you, just not increasing the war tax. He somehow managed to support his armies at the expense of the foreign occupied territories. He was king, though, and did as he pleased. How on Earth do the modern governments get away with turning the taxpayers' dollars and pounds into ammo and offloading those onto the heads of enemies and sometimes civilians, is beyond my understanding.

A FONDO
30th September 2014, 11:09
I don't get it. I just don't get it, why supposedly democratic governments love it so much going to war..

Very simple. They have military budget to be "used". The weapons, ammunitions, vehicles, supplies etc. are produced by PRIVATE companies. One can imagine what enormous profits it produces and how big influence it makes on politics.

odykas
9th October 2014, 23:14
Pig in Australia Steals 18 Beers from Campers, Gets Drunk, Fights Cow (http://gadling.com/2013/09/10/australian-pig-steals-beer)

Weird aussie pigs :dozey:

Storm
10th October 2014, 07:36

gadjo_dilo
22nd October 2014, 21:28
Yesssssssssssss!..........

http://image.stirileprotv.ro/media/images/original/Oct2014/61586666.jpg

Well done Mache!

http://youtu.be/ZrzWo1j6G3Q

Bagwan
23rd October 2014, 16:46
Thinking right now about our two servicemen who have died here in Canada .

Thinking about how good an idea it was to send CF18 fighter planes out a couple of days ago .

Thinking about how Prime minister Harper tabled new legislation to enable our spy agency more power just last week .

Not sure what to think .

odykas
23rd October 2014, 18:48
Simona kicked Williams? :eek:

gadjo_dilo
23rd October 2014, 19:00
Simona kicked Williams? :eek:

Yeah....
If she'll let Ana Ivanovic beat her, Serena might be out :devil:

steveaki13
23rd October 2014, 22:58
Thinking right now about our two servicemen who have died here in Canada .

It was a terrible thing Bagwan. Canada is closer to my heart than many countries as I have family there. Sad day for Canada.

anfield5
24th October 2014, 01:11
Even NZ has reacted by upgrading security around the Beehive and other parliament buildings. I hate the world sometimes. There is no need or excuse for any of this.

Rollo
25th October 2014, 02:54
Suppose there was a public endemic like like ebola or something that escaped into the United States, why is a market solution with regards health insurance preferable? If people don't have adequate health insurance, they might become a risk.
Can someone please put forward a robust argument why the economic argument against a universal health care system is preferable to an non-formally calculable catastrophically large loss of insurable interest (life)?

Mintexmemory
25th October 2014, 08:37
And while they're at it also ensure that predictive typing softwear doesn't produce 'endemic' for 'epidemic' - does change the meaning somewhat ;)

gadjo_dilo
25th October 2014, 16:38
Unbelievable..... It's snowing in Book a Rest with big flakes. Can't remember another snow on October.....

A few days ago we had + 23C :crazy:

gadjo_dilo
25th October 2014, 18:19
The WTA final is tomorrow and it's Simona vs Serena again.
Go Mache!

Rudy Tamasz
25th October 2014, 19:33
I'm overwhelmed. I need to submit the translation of a history book to the publisher by Oct 31, and I'm far from finished, my kids are all over me and I have a hangover after a party with old friends.

steveaki13
25th October 2014, 20:37
I'm overwhelmed. I need to submit the translation of a history book to the publisher by Oct 31, and I'm far from finished, my kids are all over me and I have a hangover after a party with old friends.

Is there no way you can get an extension or someone to translate some later paragraphs?

gadjo_dilo
26th October 2014, 07:54
Still snowing.....:bigcry:

steveaki13
26th October 2014, 10:25
Winter arrives early for Gadjo.... wow

gadjo_dilo
26th October 2014, 13:31
Lost. :s

odykas
26th October 2014, 18:29
DST is off

I hate winter time :evil:

Rudy Tamasz
26th October 2014, 18:59
Is there no way you can get an extension or someone to translate some later paragraphs?

Kids were told to take care of themselves and had a fabulous fight as a result. I'm taking the book by storm. I'm not translating it, just editing. The book is on history and I'm a historian, while the translator is a generalist. The hangover is gone. Hopefully everything is going to be alright.

BTW, is it true that English people have a folk belief that the queen has a phone number, which she can dial and any problem will be fixed?

gadjo_dilo
26th October 2014, 19:36
How many pages has the book? If it looks like a brick I worry for you.

PS Isn't St Demetrius your son's patron? If yes, Happy anniversary! Forget the book and have a nice decent glass of wine.
( just kidding, I know you follow the other calendar and the saint is on November)

Rudy Tamasz
27th October 2014, 08:19
How many pages has the book? If it looks like a brick I worry for you.

PS Isn't St Demetrius your son's patron? If yes, Happy anniversary! Forget the book and have a nice decent glass of wine.
( just kidding, I know you follow the other calendar and the saint is on November)

It's not really thick but it's full of petty details I need to pay attention to. E.g. there is a lot of names of Lithuanian towns and villages there. The modern spelling is very different from the one used back in 16th century and is even more different from the current Belarusian spelling. On top of that, Lithuania had four or five administrative reforms over the last century and it's difficult to figure out where a certain place is now. It's like Cluj and Kolozsvar with all the nuances.

Thanks for the congrats. :) We'll be celebrating in on Nov 8, indeed.

Bagwan
27th October 2014, 12:46
Still snowing.....:bigcry:

Don't cry .
You can be the lucky one who wins the first snowperson of the year competition on the forum , if you build one .

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 13:09
Don't cry .
You can be the lucky one who wins the first snowperson of the year competition on the forum , if you build one .

What`s the prize? I might become interested.....

schmenke
27th October 2014, 14:42
Don't cry .

Sept. 8th:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3890/15189047105_0307da159c_h.jpg

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 14:45
And then you complain when I say I'm a loser....:s

odykas
27th October 2014, 18:00
Schmenke clinched the prize!

odykas
27th October 2014, 18:02
CSKA Sofia coach knocked 'unconscious' by Levski snowball (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29787498)

WTF? :dozey:

Bagwan
27th October 2014, 18:07
What`s the prize? I might become interested.....

The prize would be all the notoriety you'd get here , and everywhere else , when we tell everyone .

Bagwan
27th October 2014, 18:07
Sept. 8th:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3890/15189047105_0307da159c_h.jpg

I see no snowperson in that picture .

Bagwan
27th October 2014, 18:11
And then you complain when I say I'm a loser....:s

You're no loser , at least , not yet !

Get a picture of that snowperson(don't you just the political correctness in that ?) before Schmenke gets home from work or you will be !

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 18:32
Already lost. The snow has melted. But on Saturday I saw a little girl doing one. I wanted to stop to take a picture but my hands were holding a pizza box. :s

Gone is the notoriety....I'll die as an annonymus.......

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 18:50
CSKA Sofia coach knocked 'unconscious' by Levski snowball (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29787498)

WTF? :dozey:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2807572/Pictured-Inside-house-horrors-Russian-historian-held-birthday-parties-150-little-girls-dug-graves-mummified.html

Pictured: Inside the house of horrors where Russian historian held birthday parties for 150 little girls he had dug up from their graves and mummified*

:crazy:

Bagwan
27th October 2014, 18:59
Already lost. The snow has melted. But on Saturday I saw a little girl doing one. I wanted to stop to take a picture but my hands were holding a pizza box. :s

Gone is the notoriety....I'll die as an annonymus.......

Hey , who knows whether Schmenke still has any snow either , as that picture was taken on Sept 8th .

However , given that you have seemed to give up the title a little too easily here , it leads me to believe you would rather take losing than have to take the cold weather that comes with the notoriety .

You don't sound like your heart is really in this competition .

What are all the other competitors supposed to think ?
I'm one of them , and I thought that perhaps I might have a pretty good chance this year .

I learned from one of our elder snowperson makers in the village that the best flakes come from the middle of the forest , where they fall so slowly that you can be choosy about which ones you pick .
Personally , I like a longer , less intensely branched flake , as I find they bind well together .

It's not whether or not you like the weather or not , but rather whether you can weather the stormy weather with a smile .

steveaki13
27th October 2014, 20:39
I love snow, but us here don't get much very often.

I am in the snow person competition even though I have little chance of winning. Unless I visit my family in Canada just to build a snowman

anfield5
27th October 2014, 21:35
Can't do a snow,am (urgh that doesn't sound quite right).. anyway... it is moving into summer so this is the best I've got
http://www.allaboutmoney.com/images/copyimages/sandcastle-uk.jpg

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 21:39
You don't sound like your heart is really in this competition .

Haven't heard about this competition before. But the eternal loser I am, I'd probably come the second even if I'm the single competitor......:s

odykas
27th October 2014, 21:56
Shame to lose because of that pizza :erm:

gadjo_dilo
27th October 2014, 22:33
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/326/3/e/lolsotrue_quote_01_by_alymicki-d5lsvt6.png

:s

schmenke
27th October 2014, 22:58
I don't need the police, but could use a pizza :p:

Starter
28th October 2014, 01:04
No, you do need the police because there are some poor misguided souls who think its a good idea to put little fishes on a pizza!! That's a crime against humanity if I ever heard one.

Rollo
28th October 2014, 02:11
If you are being robbed, why not order a pizza. That way... you'll have pizza.

Bagwan
28th October 2014, 12:28
If you are being robbed, why not order a pizza. That way... you'll have pizza.

A pizza at your door , with no money to pay for it , is like no pizza at all .

Bagwan
28th October 2014, 12:30
No, you do need the police because there are some poor misguided souls who think its a good idea to put little fishes on a pizza!! That's a crime against humanity if I ever heard one.

When a fish gets too big , it won't fit on the pizza , so you've got to use little ones .

Bagwan
28th October 2014, 12:33
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/326/3/e/lolsotrue_quote_01_by_alymicki-d5lsvt6.png

:s

Maybe , if they knew you had pizza , they would get there sooner .

And , if they had some of your pizza , maybe they would feel obligated to help build your snowperson .

gadjo_dilo
28th October 2014, 12:42
Ironically I live 5 min far from Pizza Hut and the police station is at the corner of my street. :devil:

Bagwan
28th October 2014, 12:49
Ironically I live 5 min far from Pizza Hut and the police station is at the corner of my street. :devil:

They'll smell the pizza from there , so , it should work .

That's more "handy" than "ironic" , ironically .

gadjo_dilo
28th October 2014, 23:19
Let's party Greek style, like I did when I was a kid.
I grew up with this wonderful song and whenever I'm down I sing it ( although I don't know the lyrics :dork: ) and it cheers me up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sh2vIKroKc

gadjo_dilo
29th October 2014, 18:22
Hiya!
Just realized that this is gonna be my 7000 th post which means an incredible 1000 posts în 2 months.:crazy:
This makes me also realize I'm a sad boring idiot unable to live her life who prefers to hide behind a computer screen.
Maybe it's time to take a break.....
:wave:

anfield5
29th October 2014, 19:57
I saw an awesome pair of boobies this morning

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-urR4hlvf590/UqOu2RXRqgI/AAAAAAAAEkU/afVqMJVdEQI/s1600/blue+footed+boobies.jpg

steveaki13
29th October 2014, 23:47
Hiya!
Just realized that this is gonna be my 7000 th post which means an incredible 1000 posts în 2 months.:crazy:
This makes me also realize I'm a sad boring idiot unable to live her life who prefers to hide behind a computer screen.

Hey Gadjo. Don't even think about it :mad:

Anyway you should have done something special for your 7000th post. Like some others do :p

Storm
30th October 2014, 07:32
lol

this talk of pizza has made me hungry :|

anfield, nice shot!

Rudy Tamasz
30th October 2014, 09:12
Hiya!

Is that you on the avatar?

Jag_Warrior
30th October 2014, 18:30

anfield5
30th October 2014, 20:25
Great start to this morning. Started by leaving ALL of my keys in my office last night, when I got home I had to go and get the spare set from my landlord so that In could get in the house. This morning I had to wait on the street in the rain and gale force winds for my work mate to arrive with her keys, obviously she was running late and I was outside for 40 minutes before she showed up. Ah well the day can only improve.....

steveaki13
30th October 2014, 22:32
The only way is up Anfield :p

Storm
31st October 2014, 06:48
you said you had a guitar lesson for a pretty girl...what's with all the complaining ? :p:

gadjo_dilo
31st October 2014, 21:01
Is that you on the avatar?

Why everybody thinks that I'm of stone? :s

odykas
31st October 2014, 23:04

Marble :p:

airshifter
1st November 2014, 12:37

You did switch avatars just about the time the question was asked. ;)

gadjo_dilo
1st November 2014, 19:19
That's not true. I gave up to Simona the second day after both of us lost. Different battles of course.

Tazio
2nd November 2014, 02:31
No, cotton candy flavored pudding...... :angel:

anfield5
2nd November 2014, 19:46
you said you had a guitar lesson for a pretty girl...what's with all the complaining ? :p:

That is a whole other story :) :) :)

anfield5
5th November 2014, 19:41
Had the thunder and hail storm from hell just as I was getting ready to head home from work last night. Lasted for more than half an hour, footpaths were turned in to raging torrents, and hail was stacked up to 5 inches deep in some areas. It was that bad that you could feel the air pressure drop moments before the storm hit.

Storm
5th November 2014, 20:12
I like storms :p:

anfield5
5th November 2014, 20:37
Some pics of last evenings storm
http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/national_news/2014/11/hail_storm_new_plymouth_E1.jpg
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1415161906/362/10706362.jpg
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1415161990/368/10706368.jpg
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1415162023/372/10706372_600x400.jpg
http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/national_news/2014/11/new_plymouth_hail_E1_1558423178.jpg

Remeber summer in NZ starts in 3 weeks

Starter
5th November 2014, 22:27
Love to see those snow covered palm trees. :D

schmenke
5th November 2014, 22:43
Holy crap! I never realized NZ ever got that much snow!

anfield5
5th November 2014, 23:01
it isn't snow, it is far worse, this is a hail storm in late spring. In the space of 2 minutes the tem dropped from 18 degrees centigrade to about 3. The pressure drop was that fast that my ears started popping moments before it hit

anfield5
5th November 2014, 23:12
It did however snow on the mountain, which is unheard of in November

gadjo_dilo
6th November 2014, 08:19
Grrrrr...... I hate unusual meteorological events.

Big Ben
6th November 2014, 08:51
All the presidents this country elected were bad... but here we are, ready to outdo ourselves and elect the most despicable of all... I feel like vomiting every day

gadjo_dilo
6th November 2014, 13:55
... I feel like vomiting every day
Try with Metoclopramid....

schmenke
6th November 2014, 16:26
Grrrrr...... I hate unusual meteorological events.

I love them. I find wild weather fascinating :)

Bagwan
7th November 2014, 03:32
Thinking about my mom right now .
We lost her this morning .

Born in 1920 , she saw a lot of things .

I went to see her last night , and got to tell her she was the best mom that ever was , and that we'd be ok if she had to go .

That's what's on my mind .

Thanks , mom .

Tazio
7th November 2014, 05:11
I'm thinking I'm sorry for your loss Baggie. Your mother had a very long life. Hang in there my man, my thoughts are with you.

gadjo_dilo
7th November 2014, 06:00
Bagwan, I'm really sorry for your loss. But from your words I think you're strong enough to get over this sad moment.
I don't think I'll have the same strength although I try hard to prepare myself for the inevitable death of my mum.
At least you may find the peace with yourself that you were with her before she died and said nice words to her.

Storm
7th November 2014, 06:12
Born in 1920 , she saw a lot of things .

That's what's on my mind .

Thanks , mom .

I am sorry for your loss but I'm sure (hope) she lived a very full life and was lucky to have you around at the end.

Bagwan
7th November 2014, 13:28
Thanks .
It was a tough day yesterday .

Friends make all things easier .

airshifter
7th November 2014, 13:35
Thanks .
It was a tough day yesterday .

Friends make all things easier .

And losing a family member is one of the toughest things most people go through. It's never easy for anyone, and if it is, shame on them.

But I'm sincerely glad that you got to speak to her before she was gone, and that you could do it with an open heart. Many deny themselves that and regret it later, or deal with situations where they don't have that chance.

Sorry for your loss Bagwan.

Starter
7th November 2014, 14:17
So sorry. Death is an inevitable consequence of life, but that doesn't make it any easier when it's someone you know and love who goes. Glad you had those last moments.

Bagwan
7th November 2014, 14:49
She had a positive effect on every person she ever came to meet in her 94 years .
Tirelessly practical , she'd never want to get in the way of life getting back to normal , with as little fuss as can be applied .

With that in mind , F1 will provide a little distraction for me this weekend .
I hope for a great race .

Thanks , guys .

Rudy Tamasz
7th November 2014, 14:50
She must me smiling on you from somewhere, Baggie.

schmenke
7th November 2014, 15:22
My condolences Baggy. Sounds like your mom lived a rich and fulfilling life. Still, it's never easy to lose a loved one. Take care.

Bagwan
7th November 2014, 17:14
Thanks , guys .

Not too much happening in second practice right now , eh ?

steveaki13
8th November 2014, 18:44
Sorry I am late, but have not been on much in the last couple of days.

Very sorry for your loss Bagwan. Thoughts are with you at this tough time. Hope you find the strength you need.

D-Type
9th November 2014, 15:22
Sorry to hear your news, Bagwan. You were lucky to be able to say goodbye. Believe me, the wound will heal with time - the loss will always be there, but it becomes more bearable as the days pass.

steveaki13
11th November 2014, 08:02
Well today could be a bad day for me.

The new company I started for in August has turned out to have a crazy person running it. She has been through 12 employee's this year, she has a reputation with customers and contacts alike for being horrible and a nightmare.

Anyway today one of the 4 employee's has quit saying he was being unfairly picked on. To be honest myself and both others are ready to walk away from this horrible atmosphere.

Its gotten to the point that we all hate the job.

Anyway so today could be the day where she loses it and sacks us all or shouts and swears at me. (which would make me leave. I ain't being treated like that)

Amazing to be honest. I have never met such a two faced person as my boss. Her company is so unprofessional its a joke. I had hoped to last until Christmas, but I am getting too stressed out.

Its not worth it.

Storm
11th November 2014, 08:13
If it is too much of a hassle, you have made the right decision for your own peace of mind. :)

Although you guys quitting won't make her change her ways, so maybe you should not take this lying down (easy for me to say since I'm not in your place!)

Rollo
11th November 2014, 22:45
Google Maps hasn't driven cars into Sarajevo. It means you can't go for a virtual car ride on the route that Franz Ferdinand did.
Google Maps also hasn't been to Clairière de l'Armistice, which means you can't look at 'that' railway dining car either.

gadjo_dilo
11th November 2014, 22:57
So Steve...
What's the end of the story? Have you left? Have you been sacked?
Wouldn't be difficult to get a new job?

steveaki13
12th November 2014, 00:04
So Steve...
What's the end of the story? Have you left? Have you been sacked?
Wouldn't be difficult to get a new job?

Not sure where my head is right now. She was OK to me today after all that, but her attitude to people in general stinks.

I am looking for a new job, but will try and hang on until I find one.

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2014, 08:06
A week has passed and still no sign of Tina-the missing cat. I can't stop crying as I miss her like hell.
In the mornings when I go to work she's not anymore at my door rubbing on my feet and purring. When I come home she's not meuwing from the terrace asking for food and waiting for some caressing....Sometimes I thought she was the only soul who cared of me. :bigcry:

The worst thing is that I feel guilty. I made some stupid jokes about her with a friend on fb who at some moment asked "Have you checked if you still have the cat?" and from that moment I've never seen her. :s

steveaki13
12th November 2014, 08:08
I hope Tina turns up Gadjo :(

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2014, 08:29
No, she was probably hit by a car or biten and wounded by a rat. :s

odykas
12th November 2014, 13:10
Beautiful cat.

I hope she returns back to you.

Tazio
12th November 2014, 15:25
I feel your pain Gadji. I lost Chairman Meow, a feral cat we had fixed, and vaccinated six months ago. She used my shop for a home. Actually she just ate there, but she was ours as much as a wild cat can be. I kept thinking she would show up, but eventually I had to accept reality. I hope Tina shows up, but if not you will eventually reconcile it. :(

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2014, 16:52
Tinutza is not my own cat, she's my neighbour's but she prefers me and spend most of the time by my house. She's also kinda wild, it took me a few months to tame her but now she's a sweetie.

Tazio
14th November 2014, 16:56
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=192981627528245&set=vb.104653344178&type=2&theater

Spanky, spanky!! :p:

gadjo_dilo
14th November 2014, 17:03
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=192981627528245&set=vb.104653344178&type=2&theater

Spanky, spanky!! :p:

Cast ( in order of appearance):

Billy
His missus
Donkey
Tazio ( the spank -guy)
The guys from Interview the person above thread

Tazio
15th November 2014, 12:58

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Thanks, I was hoping you would say that :sailor:

airshifter
15th November 2014, 15:34

Billy
His missus
Donkey
Tazio ( the spank -guy)
The guys from Interview the person above thread

How did we get dragged into Tazio's perversions? Who decided that this video fantasy banter should end with a group of men involved? :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
15th November 2014, 16:43
How did we get dragged into Tazio's perversions?

You're safe. You don't post in Interview the person above. Those guys ( the likes of Steve, schmenke, anfield, D-Type) keep on making confessions on Billy's missus and blow up dolls. :devil:

gadjo_dilo
15th November 2014, 17:27
Thanks, I was hoping you would say that :sailor:
:angryfire:
I HATE you Tazio. I HATE you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done to me. Now that I was seen in this video ( I'll let you guess the character ) I have to come out of the closet and reveal my best kept secret to all the forumers. I have to raise my hands up and admit it:

I AM A MAN!

For years I hid behind the mask of a woman hoping that I'll get more friends here. First, I was a neutral Gadjo that nobody noticed. For years I've never got a reply to any of my posts ( can be checked). Since I turned the page and people started to think I'm a Gadji, things have changed. I have become more popular probably cos they thought I'm a hot young chick. I have to apologize to all those who were fooled, esp. to you Taz, your infamous invitations to get naked hurt me more than you might think but at least I knew you were drunk like a skunk when you said it.
Don't know how you got this piece of s*it from Facebook, I was always very careful to hide my real name on social networks. It's all over now. I can't face you guys anymore. Esp those of you who were so nice to me.
I must leave the forums now.
Bye. Take care. :wave:

PS Not only I'm a man but I'm also a gypsy. So beware Tazio. I'm gonna cast a spell on you

steveaki13
15th November 2014, 18:17
:angryfire:
I HATE you Tazio. I HATE you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done to me. Now that I was seen in this video ( I'll let you guess the character ) I have to come out of the closet and reveal my best kept secret to all the forumers. I have to raise my hands up and admit it:

I AM A MAN!

For years I hid behind the mask of a woman hoping that I'll get more friends here. First, I was a neutral Gadjo that nobody noticed. For years I've never got a reply to any of my posts ( can be checked). Since I turned the page and people started to think I'm a Gadji, things have changed. I have become more popular probably cos they thought I'm a hot young chick. I have to apologize to all those who were fooled, esp. to you Taz, your infamous invitations to get naked hurt me more than you might think but at least I knew you were drunk like a skunk when you said it.
Don't know how you got this piece of s*it from Facebook, I was always very careful to hide my real name on social networks. It's all over now. I can't face you guys anymore. Esp those of you who were so nice to me.
I must leave the forums now.
Bye. Take care. :wave:

PS Not only I'm a man but I'm also a gypsy. So beware Tazio. I'm gonna cast a spell on you

I knew it :D;)

gadjo_dilo
15th November 2014, 18:26
I knew it :D;)
That's why we get on so well. We're both imposters. :laugh:

steveaki13
15th November 2014, 19:06
That's why we get on so well. We're both imposters. :laugh:

If I were Euro Troll that would be a good point :hmph: :p

gadjo_dilo
15th November 2014, 19:13
You ARE Euro Troll........:p

Tazio
15th November 2014, 20:23
........or St. Devote set free. ;)

airshifter
15th November 2014, 21:44
You're safe. You don't post in Interview the person above. Those guys ( the likes of Steve, schmenke, anfield, D-Type) keep on making confessions on Billy's missus and blow up dolls. :devil:

Whew. I'm glad I didn't pay attention when I was reading. I'd much rather be known to be poor at reading comprehension when the alternative is to be grouped with those freaks! :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
15th November 2014, 22:33
Whew. I'm glad I didn't pay attention when I was reading. I'd much rather be known to be poor at reading comprehension when the alternative is to be grouped with those freaks! :laugh:
:confused:
I think of them as the four musketeers guarding Billy's missus honorability :angel:

anfield5
16th November 2014, 22:21
Had a 'great' start to the week this morning. - On arrival at work I was greeted with an e-mail from head office. They have apparently received a letter of complaint from WINZ (Works and Income NZ (our unemployment office)) A trainee of mine who stopped coming to course (funded by WINZ) had her benefit cut for not complying with her contract (being at the course) to justify herself and get her benefit back she accused me of several indiscretions including the use of foul language, passive-agresive bullying etc etc, as a reason she didn't go to course. Unfortunately for me everything WINZ clients say to WINZ is believed 100%, so I am facing a dicsiplinary hearing regarding this, and WINZ will be pressuring head office to replace me. - Have a nice week at work!

Tazio
17th November 2014, 00:52
Maybe you should just come clean and admit it.
Just kidding dawg! :p:

anfield5
17th November 2014, 01:43
:) If I was going to bully someone, it wouldn't be passive-aggressive, it would be aggressive-psychotic

gadjo_dilo
17th November 2014, 09:46
Had a 'great' start to the week this morning. - On arrival at work I was greeted with an e-mail from head office. They have apparently received a letter of complaint from WINZ (Works and Income NZ (our unemployment office)) A trainee of mine who stopped coming to course (funded by WINZ) had her benefit cut for not complying with her contract (being at the course) to justify herself and get her benefit back she accused me of several indiscretions including the use of foul language, passive-agresive bullying etc etc, as a reason she didn't go to course. Unfortunately for me everything WINZ clients say to WINZ is believed 100%, so I am facing a dicsiplinary hearing regarding this, and WINZ will be pressuring head office to replace me. - Have a nice week at work!

Sorry to hear this. :s

But according to my excellent memory:

Q gadjo " What do you think it's the worst thing about you? "

A anfield " I can be quite direct with people who annoy me. i.e. any of my clients/students/trainees... who don't smell fresh when they arrive in my office/classroom will be told quite bluntly that they smell like a camel has peed in their armpits.... that kind of thing."

(Bibliography: "Interview the person below you" page 441)

anfield5
17th November 2014, 19:43
Sorry to hear this. :s

But according to my excellent memory:

Q gadjo " What do you think it's the worst thing about you? "

A anfield " I can be quite direct with people who annoy me. i.e. any of my clients/students/trainees... who don't smell fresh when they arrive in my office/classroom will be told quite bluntly that they smell like a camel has peed in their armpits.... that kind of thing."

(Bibliography: "Interview the person below you" page 441)

Yes I did say that, but sending an adult off site to get washed and be work ready is not bullying, it is doing my job.

schmenke
18th November 2014, 16:24
Someone who interfaces with others in their daily task, especially in a position of authority (instructor or manager), must learn to manage a wide variety of personalities and physical characteristics in a sensitive and diplomatic manner.

Saying someone smells of camel pee, I’m afraid, is somewhat tactless and could probably be handled in a different manner.

anfield5
18th November 2014, 19:48
Someone who interfaces with others in their daily task, especially in a position of authority (instructor or manager), must learn to manage a wide variety of personalities and physical characteristics in a sensitive and diplomatic manner.

Saying someone smells of camel pee, I’m afraid, is somewhat tactless and could probably be handled in a different manner.

In honesty, that was a tongue in cheek comment in a 'fun' forum, not a direct out-take from life.

I have been doing this job for 6 years and this is the first time I have had an issue with anyone. If I was a tactless beast I wouldn't have been in my job this long.

Bagwan
21st November 2014, 19:58
"Planted" my mom yesterday .

It's an appropriate term for a life long gardener .

Never really realized just how many clubs , associations and community events she was involved with over the years .
And , not just involved , she was often the president or chairperson , as she wanted to see good things get done , not just talked about .
It wasn't really her way to want to add it all up , as far as I can figure .

Her way was to help , because she could .

So , everybody , be good to people , and help if you can , just because you can .

steveaki13
21st November 2014, 22:59

Never really realized just how many clubs , associations and community events she was involved with over the years .
And , not just involved , she was often the president or chairperson , as she wanted to see good things get done , not just talked about .

So , everybody , be good to people , and help if you can , just because you can .

A tough time for you Bagwan, I hope you celebrated her life and have many happy memories. Any Gardener must have a wonderful outlook in my experience.

airshifter
22nd November 2014, 12:36

I think it's safe to say your mom would be proud that you can take such an event and use it as a reminder to people that they should be good to one another. Having a teenage daughter we try to teach her a lot of things that will help her in life, but at the end of the day if she is a good person is the real measure of if we succeeded as parents.

As for me, I'm wondering why I'm up so early and contemplating doing some work on a weekend that I should relax some.

Bagwan
22nd November 2014, 19:36
Friends helping .

Thanks , guys .

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2014, 20:53
Could I be more insensitive? On tv I see news about a big earthquake in my hometowm and I' didn't feel it. :confused:

steveaki13
22nd November 2014, 21:11
Wow. I have always wondered what an earth quake would feel like. I guess you can't tell me Gadjo :p

gadjo_dilo
22nd November 2014, 21:16
I can tell how you may feel a 7.1 on Richter scale one. You'll probably pee your pants.

journeyman racer
25th November 2014, 13:09
I bought a ticket to attend next year's Cricket World Cup final. Stoked. I'll also be attending India/South Africa and Bangladesh/Sri Lanka. Yet make up my mind on attending other games.

anfield5
25th November 2014, 19:56
I bought a ticket to attend next year's Cricket World Cup final. Stoked. I'll also be attending India/South Africa and Bangladesh/Sri Lanka. Yet make up my mind on attending other games.

Hope you'll be supporting NZ against India in the final :)

Just heard about Phil Hughes on the news this morning - terrible, terrible news. I hope he recovers from the injury and gets back to cricket as soon as possible.

journeyman racer
26th November 2014, 13:43
Hope you'll be supporting NZ against India in the final :)

I would support NZ in that final. Don't think because I'm Australian, that I want to see Australia in the final.

anfield5
26th November 2014, 20:22
I would support NZ in that final. Don't think because I'm Australian, that I want to see Australia in the final.

:) Although you are making it difficult to tease an Australian with a decent attitude like this

journeyman racer
26th November 2014, 21:46
How about this? Blokes who are "Senior Members" and have not given 10+ likes within a prescribed period, should be suspended from the site for a week?

anfield5
26th November 2014, 23:51
Ahh.... wouldn't it be nice to be liked :)

schmenke
27th November 2014, 16:22
:p: ;)

Tazio
29th November 2014, 02:11
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/productimages/300/2013-bell-rs-1-rsd-flash-bronze-helmet----mcss.jpg..
..................................:angel:

Tazio
4th December 2014, 12:21
Today is the one year anniversary of my motorcycle accident and subsequent near death experience. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your ongoing support, without which the previous 365 days would have been unbearable.
Cheers,
Taz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJS8j9YYB9w

PS Today I ordered the helmet pictured in the pervious post to mark the occasion! :cool:

gadjo_dilo
4th December 2014, 12:38

Tazio
4th December 2014, 14:48
Bless you love! :)

steveaki13
4th December 2014, 15:19
Keep going Taz :sailor:

anfield5
4th December 2014, 19:41
Glad you're still with us Taz

Tazio
5th December 2014, 05:26
Glad you're still with us TazYeah, thanks bro's, but next time I go down, I aint gettin' back up, that is why I went to such an extreme acceleration package (at least it is perfectly balanced as you can be with an inline 3 cylinder, with counter-rotating crank shafts). :idea:

Bagwan
7th December 2014, 14:12
Yeah, thanks bro's, but next time I go down, I aint gettin' back up, that is why I went to such an extreme acceleration package (at least it is perfectly balanced as you can be with an inline 3 cylinder, with counter-rotating crank shafts). :idea:

Damn , Tazzy .
You still whinin' about that skinned knee you got , fallin' off yer moped ?

Most mobility scooters have four wheels now , and some even have wheelie casters for wild things like you .

And , on a more serious note , nice lid .
Stay safe , bud . Glad it's a happy anniversary .

Bagwan
7th December 2014, 14:30
So , it's likely we've all heard the song "The girl from Ipanema" .

Right now , you could call me "The guy from Empyema" .

I'd never heard of empyema , but it's what I was told I had going on when I visited the local emergency room last Tuesday .
And , it sucks .
Fluid in the sack around my right lung meant I was X-rayed at that hospital , then CT scanned at another , then CT scanned again at yet another hospital whilst they inserted two tubes in through my rib cage to drain me .
Then , we went back to the first hospital .
I escaped Friday .

I still have the tubes , maybe for another week or two .

All I want for Chrimbo is my two tubes out .

Tazio
7th December 2014, 15:44
That sounds pretty serious dawg. I suggest you just continue with your soft lifestyle, and maybe get a massage. I thought I told you that sharing a crack pipe with Billy's missus could be bad for your health. :arrowed:
Just kidding dawg, hang in there and think positively about the evacuation of that massive concentration of pus.
Did you have pneumonia?

Bagwan
7th December 2014, 23:36
That sounds pretty serious dawg. I suggest you just continue with your soft lifestyle, and maybe get a massage. I thought I told you that sharing a crack pipe with Billy's missus could be bad for your health. :arrowed:
Just kidding dawg, hang in there and think positively about the evacuation of that massive concentration of pus.
Did you have pneumonia?

The doctor was rather vague in the end as to whether I had pneumonia , I guess because it became obvious to them that the lung was being collapsed by the fluid in the sack around it .
And , what I could cough up wasn't very colourful .

One good thing about it , I guess , was I got to see just exactly how fast our medical system can work .
Not being able to catch your breath really moves you up the line .

Great staff made it almost bearable , and the roasted turkey dinner wasn't half bad .

Now , maybe a couple of weeks of emptying the pus bottle , pounding antibiotics , and yogurt , three squares , and lots of sleep will get me back in shape for the holidays , because I have work to do .

donKey jote
8th December 2014, 00:32
All the best donkey wishes from over here, bagman !

Bagwan
8th December 2014, 12:50
Tanks , donks .

schmenke
8th December 2014, 15:33
Sucks to be waylaid over the holidays. Hang in there Baggy, and get well soon.

Bagwan
9th December 2014, 12:45
Sucks to be waylaid over the holidays. Hang in there Baggy, and get well soon.

Will do , schmenke .
Thanks , man.

gadjo_dilo
18th December 2014, 02:04
I wanna die.

Tazio
18th December 2014, 02:49
I wish you didn't feel that way. :(

steveaki13
18th December 2014, 08:01
So do I. :(

Storm
18th December 2014, 08:24
what!!
whatever is happening, you have to be strong (or stronger ) and fight.

schmenke
18th December 2014, 15:52
I may sound insensitive here, and I wish no ill will on gadjo, but I’ve always found her constant narcissism and self-pity for attention on this form intolerable. I understand that she has personal issues, but posting nonsense like this on this forum will not make things better for her, only she can make decisions and put in the effort that will turn her life around, which is the positive kind of posts I’d rather hear from her.

Tazio
18th December 2014, 22:00
This may be where she likes to vent, I don't see a problem with that. Existentialism can take on unconventional forms, and I'm OK with that. Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion.

Rudy Tamasz
19th December 2014, 07:40
I wanna die.

This morning my little one cried very bitterly as she had the wrong dress put on her, so she thought. I soothed her and told her the dress fitted her perfectly and she was beautiful, just like her mom. That was an important thing to mention, as the mom was extremely irritated and angry. I soothed her, too, and said we all love her.

Now, if I were next to you, I would find things to say to you.

gadjo_dilo
19th December 2014, 10:30
Thx Schmenke, your post was all I needed at this moment. Or as we call it here, it was “the candy on coliva” ( coliva being the food that orthodox christians prepare for the dead's soul ). Don't worry, you may not sound insensitive, you really are. I'm really sorry for posting nonsense on this forum and creating you unwanted discomfort. Sometimes I need to share my emotions and I simply don't realise it means nonsense for the others. But even if I did I should have posted that. At the end of the day the title thread is talk about anything that's on your mind and we are humans ( me at least ) and have ups and downs so we're not supposed to post only positive things. I suppose that even when you go at the movies you don't pick up only the ones with a happy end. You have to accept that some of us aren't geniuses and post a lot of nonsense ( not to mention how much c*ap was written here ). I'm also not very fond of many of your posts, I find you too rational and cold as ice but I never said it. It's a public forum, anyone may say whatever they want as long as they respect the forum rules.. If you consider I break them you're free to ignore my posts like most of the people do or report your complaints to the mods. We belong to different cultures, have different backgrounds and education, live in different societies and environments, have different life experiences, and this leaves a different fingerprint on our personalities. I never expected that a cold blooded northener like you would understand a latin macedonian like me but I'm OK with this. Why can't you be too?
What you posted ( I've always found her constant narcissism and self-pity for attention on this form intolerable) is the most painful thing I've read about me since I joined the forums, even worse than Ioan's or Spa's insults. I'm not at all that drama queen begging for attention. Why should I beg for sympathy from people who don't know who I am ? Don't éven think there are more than 3 guys on the forum who know my real short name....If I was like that, my posts would have sound different as most people, esp. on forums, would like a light conversation and having fun ( cos that's why they come here, isn't it? ) and avoid gloomy persons like me. And facebook is full of such attention seekers( not to say imposters) who pretend to be perfect running a perfect life. If I want I can also play that role and really grab attention but I really don't. I think my posts on this forum revealed more of a portrait of a plain ordinary person with nothing special about her. It's an aspect I always insisted on.
Maybe I make the mistake to think that if I feel down then this doesn’t mean that I'm bad and if I'm depressed then this doesn’t mean that I'm inadequate. I thought it just means that I'm a human. It's probably also a mistake to practice emotional honesty on this forum instead of running the usual superficial conversations. I try as much as I can to avoid the former. As you see I've said that I want to die without saying why and without claiming that I'll do something to harm myself. I just felt that way for reasons that are too personal to be shared with unknown people on a forum. I promise to think about this next time when I'll find myself helpless at 3 o'çlock in the night when it's not possible to call up family or friends and can''t post on facebook where 70% of “friends”are people from work who can't wait to report my weakness to the big boss.
Have a nice weekend! :wave:
( Definitely you spoilt mine )

PS. No offence, but I still wanna die.

Tazio
19th December 2014, 17:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIffz-72B8Y

Big Ben
19th December 2014, 17:21
I agree with schmenke. I hope you solve whatever problems you have gadjo but this sort of posts are pathetic

gadjo_dilo
19th December 2014, 17:45
I agree with schmenke. I hope you solve whatever problems you have gadjo but this sort of posts are pathetic

Benny dear, I was expecting this reaction from you but.......

http://youtu.be/PAqxWa9Rbe0.

:angel:

Tazio
20th December 2014, 04:04
This sort of reminds me of an event in my life that happened 39 years ago. :kiss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPrVHunxN0

gadjo_dilo
20th December 2014, 07:13
I hardly slept these days so I got to read your post before you edited it. It's easy to understand why you can't forget that.

airshifter
20th December 2014, 13:12
Having been, in the not so distant past, in a place where I constantly lacked sleep, had huge stresses in my life, uncertainty about many things, financial concerns, loss of a family member, and utter chaos within my mind due to not understanding some PTSD issues.... I can completely relate to the turmoil Gadjo_dilo is dealing with. And personally I think it's very brave to put it out there and admit it's a period of life that isn't so great, or even close to great. For me that was one of my major struggles, and other than my immediate family nobody really knew about it. That is one fault I've found with myself during that period, and I think many men share that fault in not wanting to show any weakness. But we all have weaknesses of various types at times, so why deny your reality?

So I've now taken an attitude that when people put such things out there, there is probably a reason. Maybe it's one we don't or can't understand, but that certainly doesn't make it wrong. We all deal with things in different ways, but if it works that is all that matters.

I'm very sorry if you want to die Gadjo_dilo. Thank you for being human and letting us know how you really feel, and thank you even more for assuring us you couldn't hurt yourself.

I've met quite a number of people with such feelings, mostly through groups I went to in my recovery. And what I hope for you is that you see some light and reach out to it, wherever it is, and that your want to die diminishes until it goes away completely. Find your reasons for wanting to live, and fight for them. There are many if you look, but at times it's hard to see them when overcome by the negative things. Just remember though, the positives all still exist. If there is any way at all I can help you do that, please reach out and let me know.

What's on my mind? Well I got up early to deal with some work stuff involving a move up in my company and my desires on that move. But I found the above to be a higher priority. My past has shown me that when I fail to be understanding of other people, I'm going down a path I don't care for, and becoming a person I don't want to be.

gadjo_dilo
20th December 2014, 16:01
I feel better now. Never thought I could be so strong.....
Don't know where it comes from. Because at the end of the day I'm a stubborn macedonian or because I simply have no choice?
Let's stop talking about this episode. Don't want to upset anybody. Ignore it.....
Promise to talk only about nice things.
So have you guys finished the decorations for Christmas?

Jag_Warrior
21st December 2014, 01:52
This is probably the worst time of the year to have to deal with anything that's not going quite right in your life. With all of the (fake) happiness and people dancing around at Christmas time, it's a real wonder that more people don't go off the deep end.

But for any and all who are feeling stressed, take a second to breathe deeply. And though it may sound like a cliche, do remember that there are many who wish they had the problems you have instead of the ones they have.

Anyway, what's on my mind is that I hope to have one more day that I can make better than today was. Today wasn't horrible, but I think we can improve on it with some effort. :)

Tazio
21st December 2014, 15:19
This is probably the worst time of the year to have to deal with anything that's not going quite right in your life. With all of the (fake) happiness and people dancing around at Christmas time, it's a real wonder that more people don't go off the deep end.

But for any and all who are feeling stressed, take a second to breathe deeply. And though it may sound like a cliche, do remember that there are many who wish they had the problems you have instead of the ones they have.

Anyway, what's on my mind is that I hope to have one more day that I can make better than today was. Today wasn't horrible, but I think we can improve on it with some effort. :)
"This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Sorry! ;( :angel:

gadjo_dilo
21st December 2014, 16:17
Sounds like the bard of Avon.......:confused:
( to set the record straight I'm not speaking of henners :devil: )

airshifter
21st December 2014, 16:20

After a very brief visit into the world that many with PTSD live with daily, I can 100% guarantee that there are many living in a world where they would welcome most of our problems. That very brief period has inspired me to get more involved helping those dealing with it, to the extent of considering that I must leave sufficient free time in my new job move to be able to help.

I'll spend some time in the next week checking in on guys I've met that struggle daily to keep some sanity in their lives. They deserve it, and I've reached a point where I feel I have a personal obligation to help.

gadjo_dilo
21st December 2014, 16:30
I'll spend some time in the next week checking in on guys I've met that struggle daily to keep some sanity in their lives. They deserve it, and I've reached a point where I feel I have a personal obligation to help.

I think that's great. Esp. cos it's on Christmas week.
Airshifter, you really have a big heart.....I'm happy you're my friend.

airshifter
21st December 2014, 18:25
I think that's great. Esp. cos it's on Christmas week.
Airshifter, you really have a big heart.....I'm happy you're my friend.

I regret not understanding earlier in my life how much I enjoy helping people when I can. Though I always somewhat enjoyed charity work and such things, I never got as personally involved until later in my life.

And I was fortunate enough to go through some personal struggles that gave me some first hand insight to things I didn't and still don't quite fully understand. But that exposure, along with meeting people that have themselves struggled though much tougher things, some of them horrific events for any human to endure, have made me understand we all have something to give back.

Some of these people I have met are now employed in a health care system that is attempting new ways to reach out to those in need, and these men and women are very inspiring. Many of the veterans also come back to help and volunteer as they learn to cope, and the stories of some of those people brings me to tears.... literally. It is a group of people I have enormous respect for.

So please don't think that I have spent my life as some selfless person who woke up every day wanting to help others, as that is not the case. I've simply been exposed to people that at some point did become such people, and they have inspired me to make changes to what priorities I have in life. And I let them know in no uncertain terms that if I someday become the person they already are, I will consider that quite an accomplishment.

But I'm glad you're my friend too. And I know that you have a lot on your plate at the moment. But just remember you can still give another person hope that one day they will have a plate to pile problems on. Some of them have lost hope that it will ever happen, and something that simple can be very rewarding.