PDA

View Full Version : FIA Thursday press conference - Belgium

News
21st August 2014, 18:00
Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA Drivers - Jules Bianchi (Marussia), Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso), Romain Grosjean (Lotus), Felipe Massa (Williams), Nico Rosberg (Mercedes), Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing)
Q: Can I start with a question to all of you? We had news this week that next season there will be a 17-year-old driver on the grid. Can I have your reaction from a driver's point of view? And maybe we'll start with Felipe.
Felipe Massa: Definitely, he's a very quick driver. He shows talent in a go-kart, in Formula 3, winning many races; I think he's second in the championship. It's his opportunity. First of all, I think it's great that teams are still interested in the talent of the driver and not the money and I think that's really positive, it's good for the sport in general. I'm happy for that. Seventeen is a little bit young! For sure, we need to wait and see how he's going to perform in his first year. I think the most important thing is that he has the talent; I mean he's quick. I hope he can be clever as well, to learn everything from Formula One. There's a lot that be will learn and I hope he's quick enough to learn and to be consistent in Formula One and that he can stay, not just staying for one or two years and not doing what he's supposed to do. Until now he shows great talent and I hope he can show the same in Formula One, so I'm happy.

Q: Nico, your thoughts?
Nico Rosberg: The same as Felipe said. All the journalists are always asking

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/8/16226.html)