PDA

View Full Version : Spanish bros, put down your tapas and explain this

zako85
15th August 2014, 07:59
If Alonso is really better than Raikkonen and even Vettel, then why are the three of them being paid the same salary?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207581/1/f1-2014-driver-salaries-published-but-who-earns-most.html

henners88
15th August 2014, 09:34
I have to ask the question, since when has a drivers salary been a barometer for their ability? They are paid what they negotiate before the contract is signed. There is no set standard that teams refer to, nor do they communicate between each other to judge what a driver is paid.

Ricciardo is paid 21,250,000 Euro's less than a team mate who he is beating comprehensively this season, so this alone demonstrates that contracts are negotiated at different points in a drivers form and cannot be a measurement for ability. It is also worth remembering when a driver becomes World Champion, their bargaining tools become that little bit stronger. Welcome to the piranha club ;)

donKey jote
15th August 2014, 10:28
Ferrari were nuts for paying Kimi so much for doing nothing during his sabbatical, and are even more nuts now for paying him so much during this year's sabbatical :devil: :andrea: :p

Mia 01
15th August 2014, 10:54
The rumour is that Fred is in negotiations for a new contract worth around 50 millions/year, or get the same amount from Honda/MacLaren. Perhaps MacLaren could consider Kimi instead?

AndyL
15th August 2014, 11:18
If Alonso is really better than Raikkonen and even Vettel, then why are the three of them being paid the same salary?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207581/1/f1-2014-driver-salaries-published-but-who-earns-most.html

Yes the forum has been a bit quiet lately ;)

Raikkonen must have the world's greatest agent. He became the highest paid driver ever when he moved to Ferrari in 2007, then they paid him a year's salary to do nothing in 2010, and now they're paying him a pile of cash to do next to nothing again. His manager is really earning his 10%.

Ricciardo looks like outrageously good value for Red Bull. I hope he's on some good success bonuses in addition to that $750,000.

journeyman racer
15th August 2014, 11:29
Raikkonen must have the world's greatest agent. He became the highest paid driver ever when he moved to Ferrari in 2007, then they paid him a year's salary to do nothing in 2010, and now they're paying him a pile of cash to do next to nothing again. His manager is really earning his 10%.

Steve Robertson found his calling. I'm surprised he didn't manage his own career better. Didn't even get an Indycar drive, despite being Indy Lights champ!

driveace
15th August 2014, 13:49
Don't think Danny will be as cheap next year ,how many are paying drivers ?

Tazio
15th August 2014, 15:28
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/andretti-alonso-keeping-ferrari-alive-in-2014/

GravettFan99
16th August 2014, 03:41
The rumour is that Fred is in negotiations for a new contract worth around 50 millions/year, or get the same amount from Honda/MacLaren. Perhaps MacLaren could consider Kimi instead?

Kimi is already confirmed to race with Ferrari in 2015. It sounds like he will retire afterwards.

Tazio
18th August 2014, 15:56
I would have to say that, to a degree it depends on how badly a team wants a driver, and how badly a driver wants to be on a specific team:

Piero Ferrari said, "I hope Alonso remains at Maranello until the end of his career. I do not follow the chatter of the market," Ferrari, whose father founded the great Italian marque, told Italian insider Leo Turrini's blog. "I am not responsible for negotiations, I speak only of the value of the driver and I still think Fernando is the right man for our hopes.

Tazio
22nd August 2014, 03:51
Of course what does JYS know?
“There are 22 grand prix (http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/topic/grand-prix/) drivers, maybe six of them are really good, three exceptional, but there is only one genius. So if I had to choose the most complete driver I would say Alonso,” said Stewart, who was F1 champion in 1969, '71 and '73.