PDA

View Full Version : any west-tec cars

champcarjim
16th April 2007, 19:06
anyone know if west-tec are entering any cars this year?

pickup
16th April 2007, 20:27
Nothing listed about them on the SCSA website unless they are going to be a late entry under the TBA's.

racing59
16th April 2007, 21:18
Do you want to buy one? I'm sure Mr Miller & Mr Wills will sell you one!!!
Go on, you know you really want to... don't you....

As for entries, so I understand it, with no sponsorship, there will be no West-Tec entries. Unless someone crosses their palm with gold pressed latinum.

Rob.

JovialJooles
17th April 2007, 11:48

Funny, I had exactly the same thought last night.

It will be a shame if we loose West Tec, just as it was a shame we lost Torquespeed.

Julian

cgs
17th April 2007, 15:06
we didn't lose Torquespeed as such last year. they didn't field any of their own cars but Revolution collaborated with them and some of Torquespeed's crew worked on the cars.

i know what you mean though. the West-tec deal in 2006 did come at rather the last minute though from what i remember of it.

JovialJooles
17th April 2007, 15:47
No John, Ian, Stevie or Hunter, in their Torquespeed cars, I think it's safe to say we lost Torquespeed. Arguing we didn't is pure pedantry!

OK, there were 2 Revolution Racing cars and Torquespeed assisted, but they were Revolution, not Torquespeed.

Tser
17th April 2007, 16:07
Cgs, if Revolution were Torquespeed in disguise why were their cars so much slower last year? LOL.

I can't see SCSA would be of interest to any pro or semi-pro teams now.

corbygal
17th April 2007, 16:27
Cgs, if Revolution were Torquespeed in disguise why were their cars so much slower last year? LOL.

Well there were new drivers and new cars, so they had to get used to set ups. That was one reason....

quorky
17th April 2007, 16:51
no west tec they did not like the spring rule change

JDPower
17th April 2007, 17:04
On the plus side at least the racing up front will be more competitive without them :up:

Al_Green
17th April 2007, 18:25
Most of the West-Tec team were out in force at Mallory a couple of weeks ago with the Midlands Formula Fords, with Gavin taking a win. Didn't get the chance to go poking round asking questions though :(

Al

champcarjim
17th April 2007, 18:45
Do you want to buy one? I'm sure Mr Miller & Mr Wills will sell you one!!!
Go on, you know you really want to... don't you....

As for entries, so I understand it, with no sponsorship, there will be no West-Tec entries. Unless someone crosses their palm with gold pressed latinum.

Rob.

not for the price stated on thier website

JovialJooles
17th April 2007, 19:23
On the plus side at least the racing up front will be more competitive without them :up:

Hmm...

Interesting viewpoint.

I prefer the one where a long standing team are still in the championship and all the other teams catch up with West-Tec as far as competitiveness is concerned.

champcarjim
17th April 2007, 19:44
on another website it stated that in 2006 torquespeed were going to enter 4 cars!

what made them change to having no cars or did i miss something ??? was it when mr willis was going to run things?

cgs
17th April 2007, 20:35
IIRC, they pulled out when West-tec (who were then running the series) annouced that Coca-cola had pulled out as series sponsor and it looked as if the series was not going to happen at all in 2006.

JovialJooles
18th April 2007, 11:17
I always thought that it was because the series had to be self financing from 2006 onwards with no money coming from Rockingham.

I wait to be corrected.

car20
19th April 2007, 12:45
they should come back as they don' look like craking the states anytime soon. We could do with 4 more cars :)

Big G
19th April 2007, 17:47
torquespeed won't be back now, they were coming back this year with the 2 raf cars but that fell through when they found out the state of the series.

Westec have told their staff they cant do it as it will make them a laughing stock in the industry and lose them all their sponoors.

Forced to play 2nd fiddle to the trucks, not allowed to have any pit garages. No pitstops, 15minute races.

Now we have 1500 entry fees and another 500 to be in a communial tent.

Soo far only 5 have said they will pay!

Face it, its finsihed

Chigley
19th April 2007, 18:04
Do I smell a big bad troll who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow.

Pray tell where you got all these myths and I shoot everyone of them down.

Ignore him folks, let him go and annoy someone else.

:mad:

Tser
19th April 2007, 19:32
Are you sure they are "myths?"

JDPower
19th April 2007, 19:32
Do I smell a big bad troll who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow.
Yup :dozey:

Reynard
19th April 2007, 23:23
Either way, I'll be keeping an eye on this poster.

EarWig
20th April 2007, 01:25
Where's my big troll stick?

Duane
20th April 2007, 08:03
i suppose i had better give some answers to this thread.....

last years revolution cars were slow ?
Tony, as a rookie, was down to Olie's times of the first race by the end of the season, this after loosing his first meeting due to his crash on the damp track.
Mike & the #7 crew however sufferd with a season long problem with the car, which still seems to be on board come the rookie tests at easter, this car (which we call "most haunted") has had input from all teams including t-speed and w-tec and it still pursists. new driver Chris will test the all new parts fitted, but mike still got 2nd place in the championship last year and the car was doing good times when running right.
Lee and Duncan came on board at the end of the year, we streatched ourselves for the good of the series while w-tec were able to concentrate on one car, Lee was still down to Olie's early season pace in only his second meeting for 4 years!

T-speed did look at comming back this year with one M.O.D. car with Hunter in it, Colin was always going to have the airforce car, once Asa Burrows decided not to run Colin agreed to run Hunter.

W-tec have stated they will not run in part due to a spring window being placed in the rules, a spring window that Martin Heaths car, that w-tec set up, is within.

pick-ups are headline now but on last years scsa record that is only right, its up to us to make it good again, its in our hands.

Marquee costs which include some series costs are £350+vat per car, no one has said no to me yet, thats of the 12 - 15 cars we expect on the grid.

so as for the state of the series......we are in the best position since 2004.....if w-tec and t-speed were still running we could be looking at 20+ cars as none of the cars on the grid are using any of their sponsors and the guy's out now would of sourced other cars.

so can i go back to trying to get those 15 cars out now??

Duane

inamo
20th April 2007, 09:01
I think you may have forgotten that race 1 last year was on a damp track.... You're right though Tony did improve his pace over the course of the year. John and Colin both set quick times in qualyfying, but were unable to maintain that pace over the race distance.

So far as I can see the spring rate changes will only mean teams running exactly the same set up they have done since the series began. I'm not sure that this means that the racing will be better or closer than before, or that the cars will be easier to drive.

I hope for everyone that the series can bounce back, a lot of effort has been put in over the years.

JovialJooles
20th April 2007, 11:31
Thanks for the post Duane.

I am looking forward to the cars being out this year, I think everyone involved in the ASCARS needs a pat on the back for all the hard work you've done to keep the series alive last year and grow it this year!

I'm obviously not privvy to the spring window issue, but it is a real shame that West-Tec do not feel able to compete this year. Looking at it from purely a fans point of view, I'm really saddened that they will not be there.

Julian