PDA

View Full Version : A message for Luca di Montezemolo

zako85
26th July 2014, 17:52
Stefano Domenicali called. He wants his position back. Felipe Massa also called. He wants his seat back. Finally, Lotus is wondering if you could pack Kimi Räikkönen into a plywood box and ship him back to Enstone. The contents are fragile, so be careful! Lotus can't wait. Smirnoff vodka truck is already on the way. Thanks!

Duncan
26th July 2014, 20:34
Also, Jules Bianchi want's Kimi's seat...

steveaki13
26th July 2014, 21:46
He's gonna get it soon too at this rate. ;)

donKey jote
26th July 2014, 22:35
he could hardly do worse ;)

journeyman racer
27th July 2014, 01:36
I don't understand the OP. As hard as it is to believe for some, Ferrari have much bigger problems than Raikkonen. While it's plausible that Massa would've accumulated more points than Raikkonen so far. It wouldn't have made much difference to the overall situation they're in.

Jesus! People aren't allowed a period of underperformance these days (When they've performed extremely highly 90% of the time). Highly anal fans expect a lot, and more!

Koz
27th July 2014, 02:32
Jesus! People aren't allowed a period of underperformance these days (When they've performed extremely highly 90% of the time). Highly anal fans expect a lot, and more!

To be blunt, Kimi is performing worse even compared to Nelsinho vs Alonso. It reminds me very much of Fisichella coming to Ferrari in 2009 and being nowhere compared to Kimi. I am sure thing will be better with next season's car, but I can't see Kimi continuing at Ferrari now, unless only as a save face measure by Luca.

Tazio
27th July 2014, 05:14
After reading and listening to what Kimi had to say about the circumstances I tend to think that his race engineers screwed up, and need to take responsibility for this episode. David Lloyd was added to his team to "support Raikkonen's race engineer Antonio Spagnolo and other staff in trying to improve the lines of communication between the Finn and the team so as to get a better understanding of what is needed." for Canada, but it is unclear to me if he is still working in that capacity. The car doesn't fit either his or Alonso's styles, and an argument could be made that it fits Alonso's style even less, as he like to steer the car with the throttle, and with the additional torque that has to be challenging, So it tells me Kimi is underperforming, and it is something that I don't think many would argue. However they knew Kimi was much better on the option (compared to Fred) than the prime tires, and however precious they may think new sets are, it doesn't justify taking this type of chance. I can't help thinking that there was a major communication breakdown on his side of the paddock.

airshifter
27th July 2014, 06:25
What we saw today had much more to do with than poor driving by Kimi. I know how quick this track changes, and to sit in the pits was suicide. Times drop lap to lap as the track rubbers in, and they sat there and watched themselves get eliminated. Stupid technical decision. I would have been ordering Kimi out on track if he didn't want to go, but the team was content to sit and watch failure happen.

journeyman racer
27th July 2014, 09:51
To be blunt, Kimi is performing worse even compared to Nelsinho vs Alonso. It reminds me very much of Fisichella coming to Ferrari in 2009 and being nowhere compared to Kimi. I am sure thing will be better with next season's car, but I can't see Kimi continuing at Ferrari now, unless only as a save face measure by Luca.
Kimi poor run has been going on for too long, that he has to take responsibility for it. Even for issues that weren't his fault. having said that, who would you replace him with?

There would be a number of drivers that could do better than him atm. However, with a stronger car, he's more likely to get the better results, or the wins.

steveaki13
27th July 2014, 10:49
What I can't get my head round is 2012-2013?

I mean Kimi in that Lotus looked great at times and won races and scored podiums. So was Kimi just more at home in the Lotus than this troublesome Ferrari? Or is Kimi's inspiration in question? Or was that Lotus a Championship challenging car and Kimi's wins were actually below par?

Its a shame cause I love Kimi and I want him to be the 2003-2007 Kimi. Fast, brave and fearless. :(

journeyman racer
27th July 2014, 11:18
It seems that Raikkonen is the kind of guy, where it's his way, or you don't get the best out of him. I remember the 2009 season. After a year and a half of Massa being favoured by Ferrari, Raikkonen got his own way after the Massa accident. After an uninspiring first half of the season, he then won at Belgium. I think scored the most/second most points for the second half that year.

Hawkmoon
27th July 2014, 13:20
Yes, the team made the wrong call to leave him in the garage but they made the same call with Alonso yet the Spaniard lines up 5th for the race. The difference? The seven tenths that Alonso was quicker in Q1. Any way you slice it Raikkonen is not performing this year and that's on him.

dj_bytedisaster
27th July 2014, 13:25
But the difference to last year is so ridiculous, that I think Räikkönens problems are not solely his own. Look at Vettel - that's what it looks like if a driver is struggling with the car. He's getting whipped by his team mate, but at least occasionally (Malaysia, Barcelona, yesterday's quali) we see glimpses of the 2013 Vettel.

Kimi meanwhile is simply nowhere and I don't believe for a second that he has forgotten how to drive. There must be some much bigger problem in the background that makes a proven winner fall off the cliff like that.

MacFeegle
27th July 2014, 23:54
F1 pilot all possible lap a 10th of each other. Other 10th mindset and personal drive.

Kimi quite new in racing when enter F1 and very fast but never complete apprenticeship like other pilots. He always been needing good info and input from team where other pilot not need such handling. Still very quick pilot but need good nanny soon to get performance up.

journeyman racer
28th July 2014, 12:23
F1 pilot all possible lap a 10th of each other. Other 10th mindset and personal drive.

Kimi quite new in racing when enter F1 and very fast but never complete apprenticeship like other pilots. He always been needing good info and input from team where other pilot not need such handling. Still very quick pilot but need good nanny soon to get performance up.
Not that there's a defined apprenticeship, but it sounds plausible. Does he really need a lot of input from the team, even after all this time?