PDA

View Full Version : Rate and Review the German GP

steveaki13
20th July 2014, 15:18
Give us your thoughts on this German GP and give the race a score out of 10.

:)

N4D13
20th July 2014, 15:45
I think I'll give it a 8.5 out of 10. Great entertainment, lots of battles, but I missed the excitement of a battle for the race win.

MacFeegle
20th July 2014, 15:55
I no understand F1 ann more. Good fun but not real. All games and no solid like wet dream.

DRS, KERS, fuel restrict, fuel flow regulate, false tire, elastic engine and trumpet sound. Not F1 I understand.

longisland
20th July 2014, 16:08
8/10
Action through out the race. Wish they showed more of the back markers battle.

Ranger
20th July 2014, 16:19
8/10.

Whatever you think of DRS, it is much better than watching a race with 1 or 2 overtakes in 2 hours.

Good racing through the field but nothing doing up the front.

steveaki13
20th July 2014, 16:24
We had good battling at this circuit before DRS though?

Anyway I enjoyed the race it was a shame that a team cannot match or catch Mercedes.

It was not needed to put Marshalls at risk like happened today.

7.5/10 for me.

Tazio
20th July 2014, 18:24

Mia 01
20th July 2014, 22:06
I give it 6.5/10. Some good battles in the midfield and that was it.

Whyzars
21st July 2014, 15:38
I'm actually having difficulty knowing what a good race is these days.

2014 has provided entertainment but is it good racing? I rate Germany quite highly from the standpoint of seeing "battles" but those battles have been quite likely cut short because of DRS and the dreaded overtake button. Hamilton and Ricciardo went through the field like salts after curry but what hope did slower cars have against DRS and push to pass.

I'm having a real problem understanding what a white line is for - it either sets the bounds of the racing or it doesn't. Is it supposed to simulate a hard barrier or not? They really need to get their act together on this item because it looks to me like they're making it up as they go along. By not strictly enforcing the whitelines the cars are carrying much more speed into straights and that has an effect on fuel usage and overtaking. I would go so far as to say that the white line rule should be based on two wheels rather than four and three breaches results in a drive through. No mucking around.

The FRICS or whatever it is called has been banned and the cars are half a second slower or thereabouts. I cannot understand why a team that has not scored a point also suffers the same ban half way through the season. Leave them the option to develop and not waste their investment. In the case of the bottom dwellers they'll only be 1 second slower than the pack.

Another car turned turtle and not a Pastor in sight. I can't remember cars being flipped more than once in a season. I'll put it down to the close racing and frantic positioning at the start.

With all the technology on F1 cars surely they can come up with something that might alert a driver of a car that is in his blind spot. Approach speeds might negate any usefulness but I'd like to think that Massa would have counter-reacted if he had little warning lights or a beep before he was flipped on his head.

9/10 a great race but I'm in the McFeegle camp...

N. Jones
21st July 2014, 17:16
I hear you Whyzars but I will give you two reasons why these things will never change:

Money and Politics.

Remember Hungary 2008? Remember Michael cutting the track every chance he got to keep Kubica at bay?
He received no penalty for that. Michael brought in the money and kept people in power.

That was the day I stopped caring about the rules and the decisions F1 employees make.