PDA

View Full Version : driver change?

acorn
16th April 2007, 14:00
just noticed over on rogers oval pages that australian chris robinson will be driving the fire service benevolent fund car.

turn 4 mad
16th April 2007, 14:17
just noticed over on rogers oval pages that australian chris robinson will be driving the fire service benevolent fund car.
cant find it, can you tell us the link page

turn 4 mad
16th April 2007, 14:25
found it now

cgs
16th April 2007, 14:40
who about a direct link?

and lets hope if it is him that he does better than his last time out. he only got to the back stretch!

Henry Cutts
16th April 2007, 14:50
http://www.ukovalracing.info/

acorn
16th April 2007, 17:42
my apologies for not putting in a link. this one takes you straight to the news page:

http://www.btinternet.com/~rogerv/news.htm

i'd also like the bit about the charities benefiting from ticket sales explained a bit more.

perhaps when the official announcement appears here or on the scsa site it will be clearer.

thenumber7
16th April 2007, 19:26
Tickets are only £10 in advance via that web site with percentage going to the charity, thats good and cheap for a excellent days racing

Filray
16th April 2007, 19:47
99 Car Driver Information

http://www.scsaracing.com/

acorn
16th April 2007, 20:05
Tickets are only £10 in advance via that web site with percentage going to the charity, thats good and cheap for a excellent days racing

i'm still confused as to how the money gets to the charity that i want to nominate. i understand the air ambulance being the one closest to my post code but what about the others?

PS the piece from rob crompton wasn't on there when i originally posted.

racing59
16th April 2007, 21:28
Who's this Crompton bloke? Doesn't he make lightbulbs.

The way the chaaaarity bit works is thus.
There will be (somewhere) weblinks (on the charity websites no doubt) which will point you to the ticket selling site. The full URL from the link specifies the charity, for mine it'll say 'airamb' in there somewhere, for the Fire Service Benevolent Fund, it may have 'fsbf' and so on for the RAF, Crimestoppers, and BEN (and more if people want to run their cars that way!).

Because the Air Ambulance charities are all individual, rather than one big national one, it was deemed easier to set it up where the percentage is sent to the Association of Air Ambulance Charities in one chunk, and they are given the postcode data to use to split the monies up to the relevant area/Air Ambulance charity.

The others are national funds, which makes it easier for them.

I hope this explains it all better.

racing59
16th April 2007, 21:30
I should add that Roger has posted the ticket details because he supports the initiative to raise money for a Bedfordshire Air Ambulance, and he supports me!!!!

I can't say whether there will be a SCSARACING feature on this, but the charities associated will have something (eventually!)(I hope!!)

ascar dave
16th April 2007, 21:38
Great to see Chris back competeing in SCSA, unfortunately he did have a nightmare at his last meeting in the "Perfect 10" Torquespeed car coming together with Malcolm Clein on the first lap and then having to retire from the 2nd race. In his first outing at the Rockingham 500 in 2002 he managed a 10th place in the Shearspeed car. Chris has also had oval racing experiance in Australia in the old AUSCAR series. Chris had been working hard to get sponsorship to race in the series since 2002 but struggled to get the backing and kept his hand in by driving the Pace car and the Rockingham 2 seater, (which he put into the wall at turn 3 on the media day in 2005 (not his fault but a blow out exiting turn 3). I believe he then went back to Australia in 2006 to have an operation on his knee, so it's good to see him back with a chance to show what he can do. Good luck Chris.

Tiesse
17th April 2007, 00:25
Took the liberty of copying this from the SCSA website. Suprised that nobody has commented on this yet!

Any ideas as to Shayne Lynch's explanation that it is something that he doesn't have an affinity for?

"Shane Lynch has decided that he will not be available to drive with Revolution Racing in the 2007 SCSA V8 Trophy season after attending day 1 of a two day test, once the 1st days on track activities had been completed Shane found It was not something he found an affinity with and regrettably, as this was the first opportunity he had to get a feel for an Ascar, it is only now that he realises such."

Shame in a way, I thought he would bring some needed publicity with him.

pickup
17th April 2007, 00:31
Took the liberty of copying this from the SCSA website. Suprised that nobody has commented on this yet!

Any ideas as to Shayne Lynch's explanation that it is something that he doesn't have an affinity for?

For affinty read FEAR.

racing59
17th April 2007, 00:51
Please re-read the "Rookie Training" thread. You will see more.

The wall, or should I say, the vast rate of knots that the wall "comes to try an sit in the passenger seat", is a major factor here. I do feel that had Shane got behind the wheel of a Stock Car on Friday afternoon, he would have a different outlook on it all.

From a circuit racer's perspective, I would say that racing around here (Rockingham) is soooooo "extreme" compared to anything I've ever done before, and that goes for my 700bhp Astra/Belmont Thundersaloon which may well be capable of just shy of 200mph, but never do you get to feel anything like you do racing around the Rock.

It isn't everyone's cup of tea.

It's my bucket of beer!!!

On the subject of Chris coming in to replace Shane. More international flavour is good for the series. I look forward to Miguel coming to join us too!

JovialJooles
17th April 2007, 12:01
I remember Matt Neal being interviewed after his first race in an ASCAR.

Q: "How was it for you Matt?"

A: "Terrifying!"

I was so impressed with his honesty!

It's a shame about Shane, and I agree with Rob, he should have tried it out before he felt his affinity.

I know when I did the Richard Petty Driving Experience, sitting in the passenger seat was a totally different experience to driving the car; I much preferred driving it.

Julian

Tser
17th April 2007, 12:04
Why does the Fire Service Benevolent website make no mention of this at all if it is such a big deal - although they do have driving events in Pembrey and Manby on 29 April.

turn 4 mad
17th April 2007, 12:33
For affinty read FEAR.

after going round rockingham for 8 or 9 laps last year in the same 2 seater with the same driver (duncan) im not surprised, it put the fear into me, or was it the lack of rubber let on the rear tyre that done it?

cgs
17th April 2007, 15:03
so am i the only one who has posted so far that didn't find a 2 seater ride scary? i was in the second of 2 cars on track at the time and i really enjoyed it. i want to go again :D

JDPower
17th April 2007, 17:00
It's a shame about Shane, and I agree with Rob, he should have tried it out before he felt his affinity.
Am I the only cynical one here who half expected this, what with the alleged Boyzone reunion in the works?

champcarjim
17th April 2007, 18:54
i have taken one of the open wheel race cars around rockingham on one of thier expeirences and would like to say wow me want to go faster!

pickup
17th April 2007, 20:57
Am I the only cynical one here who half expected this, what with the alleged Boyzone reunion in the works?

In a word NO.

Sticker Rub
17th April 2007, 21:33

Boyband member + concrete wall = cancelled tour dates

bravheart
18th April 2007, 01:21
after going round rockingham for 8 or 9 laps last year in the same 2 seater with the same driver (duncan) im not surprised, it put the fear into me, or was it the lack of rubber let on the rear tyre that done it?Yes i remember that day LoL ...and to think we had just been going flat-out through turn 2 and 3 at over 160mph on Avon Canvas!! now that was scary...lucky neither of us knew about it at the time!!!!!

JovialJooles
18th April 2007, 11:21
Yes i remember that day LoL ...and to think we had just been going flat-out through turn 2 and 3 at over 160mph on Avon Canvas!! now that was scary...lucky neither of us knew about it at the time!!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JovialJooles
18th April 2007, 11:23
Oh, it's got me pining for the Richard Petty Driving Experience coming back to the Rock!

Duncan, can I take your car out for a few laps; I'll be very careful, honest! :lips: :laugh: :laugh:

SteveA
18th April 2007, 11:25
Boyband member + concrete wall = cancelled tour dates

I fail to see the problem!