PDA

View Full Version : Susie Wolff

steveaki13
18th July 2014, 19:24
I know its been discussed before on here, I couldn't find the thread though.

Anyway I guess she done a decent job today and I was glad to see her at least have a trouble free run.

Anyway to my main thought.

I know she has not proved much in the lesser categories and does not maybe deserve a seat outright, but I am slightly surprised a lower team like Sauber or maybe Caterham have not signed her to race a few races towards the end of a season or even the start of a season.

I imagine any team who signed her to actually be the first woman to race in F1 for so many years would be the focus of attention for quite a while and get lots of publicity which may well bring sponsors or at least interest.

Imagine Caterham signing her to the end of the season. They would surely get more attention than now.

Whether thats right or wrong is another debate, but I personally am surprised someone hasn't done it yet.

driveace
18th July 2014, 20:17
Well the Scottish driver is Toto Wolffs wife,he is a share holder in Williams ,Williams have this year got Mercedes Engines,Toto is in charge at Mercedes F1 ,so whats the deal ? Susie gets to drive on Fridays ,you get Mercedes engines. Drivers of Caterhams ,and the likes PAY for their drive ,I dont believe Susie pays OR gets paid,and i dont honestly feel that a women is STRONG enough,mentally and physically to deal with a full season inF1 !
Shoot me down guys !

steveaki13
18th July 2014, 20:28
You don't think a team might give her one or two races if someone gets injured to boost profile and become the centre of attention for a weekend?

Mia 01
18th July 2014, 22:38
I think you should back down a bit for now Stevie.

steveaki13
19th July 2014, 00:14
I don't understand. :confused:

I don't have an opinion either way?

I was simply asking if any team would hire her for publicity?

Seems like an interesting point to me, but clearly no one agrees. :(

heliocastroneves#3
19th July 2014, 00:50

Kinda agree with you, but not in a Caterham. Who wants to drive that garbage?

Bagwan
19th July 2014, 01:35

Can opened , worms everywhere .

But , I agree , Steve .
Evidently , she did alright today .

So , that's one for the girls .

And , you're absolutely right that she's making the news , and the sponsors should be happy .

To those who would dis her for being favoured because she's married to the boss , which of you would turn it down if you were married to the boss ?
It isn't as if she married him to get the drive .

And , there's no friggin' way they would have put her in there if they thought she would make a mess of it .
That would make everyone look really stupid .

She's another good pair of hands that will give some different feedback .
The fact that she's a woman is just gravy , really .

Duncan
19th July 2014, 06:49
You don't think a team might give her one or two races if someone gets injured to boost profile and become the centre of attention for a weekend?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were to see that happen. Her time in practice was impressive, to say the least, considering how little time she's had in the car to work on setup.

airshifter
19th July 2014, 07:25
I know its been discussed before on here, I couldn't find the thread though.

Anyway I guess she done a decent job today and I was glad to see her at least have a trouble free run.

Anyway to my main thought.

I know she has not proved much in the lesser categories and does not maybe deserve a seat outright, but I am slightly surprised a lower team like Sauber or maybe Caterham have not signed her to race a few races towards the end of a season or even the start of a season.

I imagine any team who signed her to actually be the first woman to race in F1 for so many years would be the focus of attention for quite a while and get lots of publicity which may well bring sponsors or at least interest.

Imagine Caterham signing her to the end of the season. They would surely get more attention than now.

Whether thats right or wrong is another debate, but I personally am surprised someone hasn't done it yet.

I think you are correct Steve, the publicity alone would pay dividends to the team that did it. And that would be even if the woman in person wasn't a very good driver IMO. It would bring new attention to the sport, and potentially new sponsors as well.

I fully expect the Haas team to bring Danica Patrick into the F1 car in some capacity. She might not ever race, might not even test, but I would almost bet money they figure out a way to get her in the car to bring attention to it.

....and i dont honestly feel that a women is STRONG enough,mentally and physically to deal with a full season inF1 !
Shoot me down guys !

I think you're completely wrong here, and I suspect you've never known or known of any real bada** women. There are now women fighter pilots in the military, and women at less affected by G forces than men are. In a recent test, several women completed USMC infantry training, a course that washes out quite a few very strong, and tough men. Just in the last week a 5 foot tall woman completed the American Ninja Warrior finals course, again an event that beats down a lot of very fit people, many who train very long hours and make a living in fitness fields such as personal trainers.

This is a time of a lot of ultra fit people, many self motivated for no professional gain. And driving skills by nature lean towards women actually. On average they can sustain more G forces as well as having quicker average reaction times. Once you get enough of these super fit type women interested in racing the guys might have some competition on their hands.

TheFamousEccles
19th July 2014, 08:44
+1

And wouldn't that be cool as feck? I would watch.

driveace
19th July 2014, 10:11
But she was a second off the pace in a GOOD car,she could be miles off the pace in a Caterham ! If Chilton could drive the Williams ,I doubt he would be too much off the pace .But well done to the girl she has a lot going for her,looks ,personality I just wish I had her mobile phone number !

donKey jote
19th July 2014, 10:19
+1

And wouldn't that be cool as feck? I would watch.
+1
Fireproof bikinis... Bring them on ! :andrea: :dork: :p

Tazio
19th July 2014, 11:03
+1
Edible fireproof bikinis... Bring them on ! :dork:
:pimp: There fixed that for you! :sailor: :angel:

MacFeegle
19th July 2014, 15:26
Susi have key role in Williams. She conduct many simulator run to improvement. She know car front and back as lot development done with her.

She no have race fitness but impossible unless she race. Also she no spring Lady now but still have 3 - 4 year but need chance quick.