PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

Dave B
11th December 2006, 11:19
Morning!

Over the next few days I'm writing a "Forum FAQ", based on questions posed both here and on the old forum.

Just from reading the threads I've got 90% of it written, but is there anything else you'd like to see included?

Imagine you're a total newbie - what did you struggle with when you first joined up, or when we switched to the new software?

Cheers everybody :)

RaceFanStan
11th December 2006, 13:40
How many points = how many gold pages ?
What is the maximum amount of gold pages ?

Mark
11th December 2006, 13:42
That will be difficult for Dave to do because a, I haven't figured it out myself yet and b, I haven't decided what the levels should be yet.

Dave B
11th December 2006, 13:52
Hey, I only said I was writing the questions. I didn't say anything about answers... :p

martinbalmer
11th December 2006, 16:24
Are links allowed in signatures?

I ask because, although they were previously, currently the forum prevents the use of the URL tag in signatures (when editing or adding a signature).

When this new forum first came online the URL tag was accepted.

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 16:36
Do anybody caught spamming in their first post/virus spreading shall have their name banned? Oh, and the product/word 'tramadol'?

SuperAguri
11th December 2006, 16:47
How about adding a set of forum guidelines in there?

They've never been clearly visible to new members.

Dave B
12th December 2006, 10:39
Morning!

Over the next few days I'm writing a "Forum FAQ"...

I'm away from Thursday to Monday inclusive, so expect it later next week :)

Mark
12th December 2006, 10:43
How about adding a set of forum guidelines in there?

We've always been wary of having a set of hard and fast rules. Left members who transgress in some unusual way could point to it and say "The rules don't say I couldn't do that...", when in reality it was obvious.

martinbalmer
12th December 2006, 10:54
Maybe not rules but examples of common offenses which are wrong, or behaviour which isn't recommended.. :)

Dave B
27th December 2006, 18:29
Just to let you know I haven't forgotten the FAQ.

It's a work in progress at the moment, and I'm away now until the 2nd so not much more will get done for a while.

Happy new year everybody peeps! :p

QuarterMoon
1st January 2007, 22:19
Is there a way to change the time stamp of posts/threads to the actual date/time, rather than "2 Days Ago" ? Thanks.