PDA

View Full Version : Rate/Review the British GP

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 16:42
Give your thoughts on the race and rate it out of 10.

:)

N4D13
6th July 2014, 16:46
Oh, well, 8 out of 10 for me. The actual racing was extremely good but having to wait for an hour for the barrier repairs was a mood killer. Anyway, I'll gladly wait that every day if it gets us races as good as this one.

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 17:02
I agree. It was a good race.

I am really sad though that Rosberg retired and robbed us of a battle. Despite who had won, I reckon it would have been fun.

Anyway we had some great racing and passing.

Vettel v Alonso side by side along the old pit straight, centimetres apart reminded me of Senna v Mansell in Spain back in 91?

Anyway I would rate it as 7.5/10

longisland
6th July 2014, 17:06
9/10. 1 point deducted for the delay. Else it was a perfect afternoon for me.

Tazio
6th July 2014, 17:10

rjbetty
6th July 2014, 17:50

Yeah I agree part of me was a bit sad about Rosberg's retirement as I didn't want Lewis to win by default but wanted to see if he could overhaul Nico, as he wasn't far off doing in Austria.

But I don't think I'll hold it against Lewis, as I have to say, Nico has won in this manner a fair few times, including last year's GP where Hamilton was definitely faster.

Doc Austin
6th July 2014, 18:17
One more bad result could have just about ended it for Lewis, but Rosberg's retirement has tightened it all back up. It's pretty much a brand new champioship now.

I also think Williams is creeping forward and they are almost ready to pounce and make things even more interesting.

airshifter
6th July 2014, 19:51
I'd give it a 7.5.

Good but not fantastic by any means. We didn't get to see a real fight for the lead, and the best on track battle of Alonso vs Vettel had both drivers going 4 wheels off multiple times and it was ignored. If it's a rule, they should enforce it.

Whyzars
7th July 2014, 13:46
It was an absolute cracker until the brains trust decided on a safety car restart. Nico executed the restart brilliantly and strung the field out such that the last car was somewhere near Stowe. in fact Nico's restart was so good it may kill off any idea to take that option as the norm. We can only hope.

After the restart it was still a cracker but with a cherry on top.

In the very best steamroller Kkkkken impression that I've ever heard, there was an audible "R R R E V E N G E" when Gutierrez almost turned the Lotus on its head. He didn't flip Maldonado as expertly as Pastor did to him but he's only been in training since Bahrain. He'll get him next time. :D

I thought after Canada that Mercedes would give us 1-2 finishes by small margins. Boy was I wrong. Lewis shredded the field in overcoming his poor grid position and Nico was on fire. This time it was Nico's car that didn't make it to the end but even with Nico sidelined, Lewis still finished half a minute in front. Only thing I can come up with is that Mercedes forgot to include a cruise setting.

If they made an 'A' class with that motor I would buy one.

The Fred/Seb show was brilliant racing. I actually get a kick out of drivers having a bitch at 200mph. If you're going to complain then make it special. The whole harvest/squirt thing is odd but Alonso exercised his knobs to perfection. The way he got them charged up and up and up and then squirted just as Vettel was getting his mojo on was masterful. I hope they both had a calming cigarette after that performance. :smokin:

Track position is often worth more than a change of tyres and we saw it again today. There is no doubt that Jenson would've finished in front of Ricciardo if there were a couple more laps but there wasn't and kudo's to Daniel for just getting on with the job. Makes the Hamilton victory all the sweeter too.

Nice to see Williams starting to see results. They've had too many years away from the podium and to see them becoming regulars again is a great thing. To see them on the podium at Silverstone almost bought a tear to the eye. ;)

8/10. A very watchable race...

Mia 01
7th July 2014, 17:19
It was an exciting race but my estimation took a turn on the first lap when Kimi crashed. Give it 6.5/10.

Jag_Warrior
7th July 2014, 17:32
Apart from the crash at the start (I won't deduct any points for that, because I was still happy to see that no one was hurt), I thought this was one of the best races I've seen for a long time. Now, my guy won, so I admit that heavily influences my vote. But I'll go with a 9/10 here. Really was a great race. All through the field there was action, action, action. I'm taking that 1 point off because there were times when the world feed director screwed up or cut away from action shots to show things of no importance.