PDA

View Full Version : Caterham is Sold

r199
2nd July 2014, 09:30
Caterham F1 team is sold to a group of busnis man from the middel east. from today former Driver Christian Albers is Tec Director/CEO in the team and Collin Colles as advisor. so from today there is a new leading group at Caterham

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/autosport/22807404/__Albers_terug_in_F1_als__TD___.html source dutch newspaper

driveace
2nd July 2014, 12:45
Is Bernie getting a few million out of it ?

zako85
2nd July 2014, 13:22
As we reflect upon the sad fate of Caterham, one question lingers in my mind. Did Caterham fail due to lack of expertise and experience, or was it because of insufficient funding?

Jag_Warrior
6th July 2014, 02:21
As we reflect upon the sad fate of Caterham, one question lingers in my mind. Did Caterham fail due to lack of expertise and experience, or was it because of insufficient funding?

Hard to say. Both factors could have been roughly equal contributors. But of the new teams, way back when, I was one of the many who would have put money on Lotus/Caterham being the one which would rise from the depths. And though they did have a few minor, though brief, shining moments, they just never seemed to be able to sustain ANY sort of real progress.

Also, I wonder how this affects the Caterham GP2 team and especially Alexander Rossi?

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 09:53
Its sad that Caterham had to be sold, but ultimately as long as the people who have purchased the team keep it going and take it seriously, then they cannot do much worse than the recent years.

I mean in the first couple of seasons Caterham were the best of the 3 new teams, but the last couple they have sunk below Marussia and now are a fair way behind them.