PDA

View Full Version : New rules and new Super Rally in 2007 ERC

nikolay
11th December 2006, 11:30
Yesterday I read the new ERC 2007 rules. There are few new things like entry in ERC and the new superrally rules.
But the rules regarding superrally are written very confusing - there are some bonus points which can be obtained if the car is not severely damaged.
So please help me understand these bonus points.

http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/452103645__Europe_Rally.pdf

animrallye
11th December 2006, 16:06
Yesterday I read the new ERC 2007 rules. There are few new things like entry in ERC and the new superrally rules.
But the rules regarding superrally are written very confusing - there are some bonus points which can be obtained if the car is not severely damaged.
So please help me understand these bonus points.

http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/452103645__Europe_Rally.pdf
When you say very confusing you're not right !
I'll say VERY confusing :p
I've read the rules in french (and I'm french !)... After some aspirin may be I've understand ?
- Points attribution at the end of the rally are the same as last year (10 to 1 for firsts 8 drivers)
- At the end of each Leg, the firsts 3 classified drivers will collect a bonus of 3/2/1 points.
So, IMHO, a driver can score 19 points (10 + 3 + 3 +3) on an event if he his first at each leg end.

Another change is that a driver who is OTL (Out Time Limit) is now allowed to restart in StangeRally :p next day.

kabouter
11th December 2006, 20:59
Same system that has been used in Asia Pacific Championship then, with the bonus points. But are drivers that are restarting under SillyRally rules still going to be classified in the overall standings at the end of the event? Or are we getting rid of the time penalties in the ERC at least?

nikolay
11th December 2006, 22:35
It's good I'm not the only one confused! At least the only good think for me... ;)
Anyway since now we are sure there will be restarting again with 5 min. penalty for every missed stage. Art 3.5.7 is called SuperRally Points and can be assumed there are points after application of the SuperRally. But from then on It's perfectly rubbish - what does it mean "at the rate of..." - 1,2,3 point for 1st,2nd or 3rd Leg or 1st,2nd or 3rd driver?
Why FIA writes so unclear regulations, why they can't write their rules whithout the need of interpretation!? ....

Jarek Z
12th December 2006, 10:14
Where does it say that you have to be registered in order to score points in ERC?

nikolay
12th December 2006, 10:53
Where does it say that you have to be registered in order to score points in ERC?

FIA European Rally Championship for Drivers: http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/83987266__EuropePilotes_Rally.pdf

kabouter
13th December 2006, 11:45
When you say very confusing you're not right !
I'll say VERY confusing :p
I've read the rules in french (and I'm french !)... After some aspirin may be I've understand ?
- Points attribution at the end of the rally are the same as last year (10 to 1 for firsts 8 drivers)
- At the end of each Leg, the firsts 3 classified drivers will collect a bonus of 3/2/1 points.
So, IMHO, a driver can score 19 points (10 + 3 + 3 +3) on an event if he his first at each leg end.

Another change is that a driver who is OTL (Out Time Limit) is now allowed to restart in StangeRally :p next day.

I went through the rules as well, and I think you got it right. Drivers restarting under Superally rules get a five minute penalty for every stage missed (like this year) and can score overall points. On top of the overall points there are the Leg points for the best three (registered) drivers on that Leg.

I don't think it's new that OTL drivers can restart the next day. I think they were allowed to do so this year as well.

animrallye
13th December 2006, 12:57
I went through the rules as well, and I think you got it right. Drivers restarting under Superally rules get a five minute penalty for every stage missed (like this year) and can score overall points. On top of the overall points there are the Leg points for the best three (registered) drivers on that Leg.

I don't think it's new that OTL drivers can restart the next day. I think they were allowed to do so this year as well.
I don't think so, because during last Rallye d'Antibes, I was press officer and I was asked by a journalist why an italian driver (I don't remember his name) didn't restart in the second leg. I ask to the clerks of the course and they told me that as he was OTL at the end of the leg he couldn't 'sign' for SuperRally. They tried 'unofficialy' to said him to retire before last control in order to restart. He refuse and so couldn't restart. :rolleyes:

nikolay
13th December 2006, 14:08
I ask to the clerks of the course and they told me that as he was OTL at the end of the leg he couldn't 'sign' for SuperRally. They tried 'unofficialy' to said him to retire before last control in order to restart. He refuse and so couldn't restart. :rolleyes:

I don't think he hasn't right to restart. This year the superrally rules states that if a crew retire (no matter how and why - mechanical, late for TC, out of the road, etc.) they can restart in following Leg if present the car 1 hour before the start of the Leg in the parc ferme and the car needs to be verifyed by the technical officers and allowed d to start. they don't need to "sign" nothing. Just "silent restart". :) They have to deposit request for withdrawal and sign it if does't want to restart. So this decision is strange for me... Probably the organizers doesn't know the regulations. Here in Bulgaria we have the same problem with superrally especially in the beginning of the season.

This is another change for 2007. In order to restart the crews have to "inform the Organizers in writing as soon as possible before the Steward's meeting". If they don't they will not be allowed to restart.

Anyway I think the idea of the new superrally rule is something similar as your's interpretation - 3,2,1 for the first three crews in each Leg. But still we can't be 100% sure. I read in wrc.com last week about superrally "On the FIA regional rallies, there is a new rule for 2007 saying that drivers using SupeRally rules cannot score championship points on that event - an experiment to see whether this would be a practical solution for the WRC in future." I think it's mistake of the editor cause the superrally rule is the same in ERC and regional euro cups but who knows...
At the end I can agree no matter how we call this rule "StupidRally, StrangeRally" we will not make a mistake. Unfortunately.

havk
15th December 2006, 10:08

I don't like this rule. I think in someway this will decrease ERC prestige. Jean-Joseph, Travaglia, Basso showed that is possible to won with local drivers. I think If a driver can't win with them he shouldn't be ERC champion.