PDA

View Full Version : Rate & Review the Austrian GP

steveaki13
22nd June 2014, 15:33
So once more Mercedes secure the 1-2,, despite Williams putting up a fight.

Give your thoughts on the race and give it a score out of 10. :)

Tazio
22nd June 2014, 15:44

N4D13
22nd June 2014, 15:44
It was quite dull for me, to be absolutely honest. Yes, you had a bit more variety at the front than usual but after the first round of pitstops, it was fairly obvious that this was going to be yet another Merc v Merc battle for the win. I'm giving a 3.5 to this one.

longisland
22nd June 2014, 15:46
It's behind Canada & Bahrain. The 6 blondes alone in the podium lobby is worthwhile, then having Webber as post race interviewer, finally, Hamilton & Rosberg's "reconciliation" after the race. Great atmosphere, good race. 8/10

steveaki13
22nd June 2014, 15:49
I thought it was a slightly disappointing race generally. I expect slightly more chaotic racing.

Nico was a tad scrappy, but he done enough and Lewis done a fine job making 6 places and still sitting on Nico's tail at the end.

I was glad to see Williams give it a go, and that they finally get a haul of points.

All in all an ok race

6.5/10

Whyzars
22nd June 2014, 18:30
Magic.

I could watch F1 cars on this track for hours and never get bored. There's something about an F1 car going up and down hills that just looks good.

As to the race, it was probably the best one of the year so far. If F1 is a show then I saw a show.

The Mercedes was always going to come out on top with Rosberg and Hamilton methodically achieving their 1-2 finish. Sucked to be Massa for sure as he deserved a podium for his qualifying effort. Kudos to the Williams team who are sort of an overnight success so to speak.

I always want to see Alonso in the best car because he will get the best out of it. The Ferrari must be a pretty good package but its not up to the Mercedes standard by a long way. Sucked to be Kimi of course.

Vettel bumping his stick to a virtual "N" and having to unbump it back to "D" was painful to watch. He's good in the chase and he had the bit between his teeth. I felt he was going to get a worthy result on this track. Once he was a lap down it was only wearing out his battery charger so best to pull him in. Sucked to be Vettel for sure.

Nothing wrong with other car but a bug in some software means no hitting of the "overtake" button for Ricciardo. In the olden days the overtake button was called flat to the floor. Sucked to be Ricciardo for sure.

Congratulations to all who bought this wonderful track back to the F1 calendar. Here's hoping its a permanent fixture.

9/10

Mia 01
22nd June 2014, 19:12
It was a bit to predictable and no one could challenge the two Mercedes cars. I give it 6/10.

airshifter
22nd June 2014, 19:43
I'm with Mia on this one. Nothing that wasn't to be expected. Though I like the track itself, it doesn't present a lot of overtaking opportunities.

My first rated race this year, and I'm giving it....

6.004271 :)