PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Austria

steveaki13
22nd June 2014, 15:31
Vote time.

N4D13
22nd June 2014, 15:32
I'm going to say Hamilton. Great first lap and overtaking from there on. Of course he binned his qualifying but he made amends for it in the race and that's what we're voting for. :)

Honourable mentions for Rosberg, Bottas and Alonso.

Tazio
22nd June 2014, 15:40
Has to be Fred the best driver in the field!

steveaki13
22nd June 2014, 15:41
Driver of the Race:

Lewis Hamilton - Great drive in those early laps to recover from 9th to 4th immediately to stop himself being left behind. If not for losing a second to Rosberg on each stop he could have won. Oh well.

Other mentions:

Nico Rosberg - Brilliant drive again to win and secure a hard to lose Championship lead.

Valterri Bottas - Great effort to battle Mercedes so long and secure his first podium.

Fernando Alonso - Another Fred type of drive.

Perez - He done a nice job and battled well at the front for a time.

longisland
22nd June 2014, 15:52
Perez, 16 to 6th. Hamilton for the first 2 laps stellar performance. Carved his way up to 4th. Ricciardo for pass of the day on Hulkenberg in the final lap

Koz
22nd June 2014, 15:54
Alonso and Perez.

Honourable mentions to Bottas.

Mia 01
22nd June 2014, 19:15
Nico kept a charging Lewis by for twenty lap or so, I give it to him.

Tazio
22nd June 2014, 19:24
Nico kept a charging Lewis by for twenty lap or so, I give it to him.Well played Mia we have to remember that nico did exactly what he had to do to win this race. So..... he only showed what he had to and I really like him as a pilot but He ain't no Kimi, no freakin way.

airshifter
22nd June 2014, 19:48
Fred, Perez, Valterri, Lewis

Fred for only losing a couple positions in an obviously inferior car.

Perez for a solid race all around, and the same for Valterri starting farther up.

Lewis for overcoming his qually mistake and making spots up quick. It must suck to lose at every pit stop though.

Oh and Ricciardo gets an honorable mention. He seems to be able to use the cars handling to get into DRS range, then latch on to normally quicker cars using DRS and overcome the usual speed deficit, then attack where the RB has the handling advantage.

Garry Walker
22nd June 2014, 21:23
Alonso - absolutely amazing once again.

MacFeegle
22nd June 2014, 21:31
Lewis

Duncan
22nd June 2014, 22:14
Lots of great driving today.

Lewis for making his catastrophic qualifying almost instantly irrelevant.
Bottas for hanging in at the front and claiming his first podium.
Alonso for managing to get so much out of such a lousy car.

steveaki13
22nd June 2014, 22:20
Hi Duncan.

Long time no read. :p

I agree with your views. those drivers did a great job.