PDA

View Full Version : Caterham & Ferrari could quit F1

steveaki13
14th June 2014, 23:13
:p So Caterham rumours say could be missing in Austria, despite the team denying those claims.

Ferrari also threaten to leave to chase their Le Man Proto Type dream.

Probably all nonsense, but hey worth posting.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28245.html

driveace
14th June 2014, 23:22
Let's hope not ,can understand Caterham with the limited money available .Ferrari ,well what can we say "Never give up " comes to mind

TheFamousEccles
15th June 2014, 02:21
I hope Ferrari leave. It would be fitting that the team that has done the most to bring about this inequitable state of affairs over the past 20yrs (by a shourt nose from Williams) or so skulk off muttering to itself about "no ferrari, no F1", only to find the racing improve and equity of distribution of the revenues generated allowing the minnows to produce better cars.

On the same token, though it would be very cool to see the Prancing Horse back in the WEC.

driveace
15th June 2014, 10:05
Was at the new museum in Marrinello a couple of years ago,and they are proud of their F1 history,and they have spent a lot of money on the exhibition there .It's just talk I hope ,as things are not going their way or did Domincello know more than we were being told about his departure

Ranger
15th June 2014, 10:51
:p So Caterham rumours say could be missing in Austria, despite the team denying those claims.

Ferrari (courtesy of Luca, and previously Enzo) always complain or threaten to quit when they are not winning.

It isn't new.

steveaki13
15th June 2014, 10:54
Ferrari (courtesy of Luca, and previously Enzo) always complain or threaten to quit when they are not winning.

It isn't new.

;)

Tazio
15th June 2014, 11:00
Caterham & Ferrari could quit F1 :wave:

Whyzars
15th June 2014, 15:51
Caterham & Ferrari could quit F1 :wave:

Ferrari has threatened to leave in the past but rumours about Caterham leaving might be serious.

Whether they have agreed with some of the dumbness in the past or not, Ferrari may now be seeing that F1 is on a huge downhill trajectory if it continues with the whole battery and fuel saving programme. The sound of the F1 Ferrari car must make some Ferrari fans dry wretch.

Ferrari probably should give F1 a miss for a couple of years and let F1 collapse under the weight of its own rule book. Better that Ferrari take the LMP by storm than wallow in the mud with other F1 teams whose battery charger is the wrong shape.

The F1 teams can be very proud of the engineers who have progressed energy recovery systems further in 6 months than has ever been achieved previously. They've done that now and I think its time to get the focus back on getting round the circuit as fast as possible.

I can only hope.

Tazio
15th June 2014, 19:14
Ferrari is committed to F1 to at least the end of 2020 thanks to the deal struck between Montezemolo and Ecclestone two years ago :dozey:

steveaki13
15th June 2014, 19:24
Ferrari is committed to F1 to at least the end of 2020 thanks to the deal struck between Montezemolo and Ecclestone two years ago :dozey:

;) Luca and his statements :laugh:

Starter
15th June 2014, 20:00
Any agreement is only valid so long as both parties choose to keep them valid and not one second longer.

Tazio
15th June 2014, 22:04
Ferrari ain't leaving dawg! You can take that to the bank. Ya'awl boys (not necessarily you Starter) hear something said right before Le Mans by 'zemo and you actually think their is any credence in it, Ferrari are down and frustrated, but are not leaving F1 dudes, like it or not!

steveaki13
15th June 2014, 22:44
Ferrari ain't leaving dawg! You can take that to the bank. Ya'awl boys (not necessarily you Starter) hear something said right before Le Mans by 'zemo and you actually think their is any credence in it, Ferrari are down and frustrated, but are not leaving F1 dudes, like it or not!

I never said I believed it. I stated it had been said. ;)

Tazio
16th June 2014, 00:32
I never said I believed it. I stated it had been said. ;)I know you didn't Steve, and you qualified it by saying it was probably nonsense. It's all cool. Even I like making sport of Ferrari these days, but they are not only not going anywhere, they will be back on or near the top within 3 years, I think :confused:
That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the genius that is Alonso, while appreciating all the other teams I dig!

MacFeegle
16th June 2014, 00:59
Who know Caterham or other small team leave or no. They try F1 and if success then get money and stay. If no, they have no money and go.

Ferrari not same. They no think leave F1. It be like fish want to be sushi!

rjbetty
16th June 2014, 03:18
I donīt see Ferrari seriously leaving either. I remember reading how around 1987(?), in one of their protests they exclaimed they would leave F1 for CART the following season, and apparently went so far as to actually build an Indycar, to be driven by Bobby Rahal, all as a bluff. It didn't happen of course, but shows the lengths Ferrari would go to to try to get their way.

As for Caterham, I think it's looking less likely to see the green cars on the grid next year, sadly. Sadly, cos it all started out so well with 2 good drivers and a lot of promise...

airshifter
16th June 2014, 05:57
The teams at the bottom of the grid always have a chance of disappearing after a few years without much success moving up. That's been going on for years.

And Ferrari like to threaten to leave every time they don't get their way. That's been going on even longer. :laugh:

dj_bytedisaster
16th June 2014, 14:30
But you have to admire the nerve of LdM. They ain't winning so they call a meeting with all teams over it. Talk about a sense of entitlement. :lol:

Mark
16th June 2014, 15:30
Ferrari is a fundamental part of F1 and F1 is a fundamental part of Ferrari. I believe they will never leave, no matter how much they threaten it.

N. Jones
16th June 2014, 17:14

As usual..... blah, blah , blah.

Doc Austin
16th June 2014, 18:33
Has Ferrari ever threatened to leave F1 when they were winning?

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2014, 20:06
Maybe they'll bring this thing out of mothballs. Hell, it could probably still beat those baby-bumpered slugs the IRL runs now.

http://cdn05.motorsportretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MSR-Ferrari-on-the-Indy-bricks.jpg

As for Caterham quitting... I didn't know they'd ever started.

MacFeegle
16th June 2014, 20:51
But you have to admire the nerve of LdM. They ain't winning so they call a meeting with all teams over it. Talk about a sense of entitlement. :lol:

All know Ferrari play game but they been in F1 long time unlike new team that FIA sycophant to that threaten withdraw over being caught cheating.