PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton, Alonso, McClaren

truefan72
15th April 2007, 14:33
Congrats Hamilton on a bit of History, strong thiurd sector on the hard compound, but should have done more in the second stint. might have even come out ahead.

Alonso, was soundly outclassed by his teammate thos weekend, and got overtaken by Heidfeld. If he just didn't drive well, then so be it. Hamilton outdid him f & sq. but if it is a mechanical or engine problem, then that might spell trouble for his home GP. I don't think he thought that he would be tied in points with his teammate, both ( along with kimi) leading in the WDC. Can you imagine LH doing better than him in spain.

McClaren, hmmm what are they going to do. Strong weekend for Ferrari might put some pressure on them. Spain is turning out to be a pivotal early season race.

F1boat
15th April 2007, 14:35
Truefan, a week ago Massa was done and looked what happened today. Alonso will strike back with fury. Simonds said before this GP that Fernando won't be as strong in Sakhir.
In Spain he would be very tough to beat.

truefan72
15th April 2007, 14:39
Agreed, I think he will come out all guns blazing, and if this was truly a poor race for him rather than a lack of speed or other problem then he will try to redeem himself. I predict that he will start to get colder towards LH.

We were all wishing for a Kimi/Alonso teamate battle at McClaren, but it looks like LH is more than up to the challenge.

I can't wait to read his post race comments

truefan72
15th April 2007, 14:41
heck, at Ferrari, the same arguments are ensuing, barring his poor performance in Malaysia, can Massa continue this strong performance, and is this what kimi bargained for?

I think kimi is better equiped mentally to handle a strong teammate, Alonso is still to tackle this situation and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

F1boat
15th April 2007, 14:53
I think that we might see a 4-way fight for the championship and if BMW catches Ferrari and McLaren, we could see a 125cc-like season.

Faisal
15th April 2007, 15:13
Alonso was conservative today as it looks he wanted to save engine for home grand prix.Otherwise he would have retained his 3rd place.Dunno what exactly were McLaren thinking this weekend.

Mark my words,these BMW can't challenge McLaren or Ferrari at least this season.Thanks to Alonso he decided to keep behing Nick else no one had been talking of BMW by now!

Next 2 races,we'll see the Spanish on top.

Gooooo Alonso!

truefan72
15th April 2007, 15:21
Heidfeld and the BMW are inching closer. I am not really sure what the deal is with Kubica, maybe Heidfeld is sabotaging his equipment( ;) ) but the BMW are clearly a team to contend with. ... It's a BMW!

ojciec dyrektor
15th April 2007, 15:28
Heidfeld and the BMW are inching closer. I am not really sure what the deal is with Kubica, maybe Heidfeld is sabotaging his equipment( ;) ) but the BMW are clearly a team to contend with. ... It's a BMW!

First two GPs Kubica was driven in no 4 BMW car. Both was full of failures so RK changed his car and today he's driven Team BMW 3rd car, wich wasn't siuted in 100% for him. Even so he was good and stable. Until first pits he was little to slow, but it's ok. In Spain he will have the same car.

So let's hope it was only one failed car for BMW this season and let's wait till Monaco, when RK will have his own new car.

Greets!

truefan72
15th April 2007, 15:31
First two GPs Kubica was driven in no 4 BMW car. Both was full of failures so RK changed his car and today he's driven Team BMW 3rd car, wich wasn't siuted in 100% for him. Even so he was good and stable. Until first pits he was little to slow, but it's ok. In Spain he will have the same car.

So let's hope it was only one failed car for BMW this season and let's wait till Monaco, when RK will have his own new car.

Greets!

ok fair point

ottostreet
15th April 2007, 18:23
Alonso was conservative today as it looks he wanted to save engine for home grand prix.

Gooooo Alonso!

source please!

Zico
15th April 2007, 18:39
Source- was Faisal I think. ;)

Yeah, I was surprised at his lack of pace.. but to say he was saving his engine is just a tad silly.

Ian McC
15th April 2007, 19:30
Alonso was conservative today as it looks he wanted to save engine for home grand prix.

Right, you don't win 2 WDC with that kind of attitude.

OmarF1
15th April 2007, 21:42
that's the second time I see Alonso making a mediocre race, first was Hockenheim 2006, but hey It was because of the mass damper, but now? wtf Alonso wake up!!

F1boat
15th April 2007, 21:45
Indy last year as well. He will be back.

Breeze
16th April 2007, 00:38
BMW have the best wind tunnel/computer simulation gear in the business. They have closed the gap in a big way with this year's car. Look for them to make better overall progress in develping their car throughout the year, especially over the summer test ban period.