PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race Bahrain GP

ioan
15th April 2007, 14:31
It would be between Heidfeld and Coulthard for me, I'll try to make my mind up later.

F1boat
15th April 2007, 14:33
Massa, for me. He was as calm as a Jedi Master. Coulthard was also amazing and Hamilton was very, very good, especially if you consider the pace of Alonso. Amd Heidfeld was ominous as well. He could be very dangerous.

pino
15th April 2007, 14:34
Coulthard for me :D

truefan72
15th April 2007, 14:35
Massa, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Hamilton

Mp3 Astra
15th April 2007, 14:35
Coulthard for sure, he was an unstoppable force in that one... just a shame the Renault engine couldn't hold up.

Robinho
15th April 2007, 14:40
Coulthard was storming through, a contender.

Massa a faultless if not exactly exciting drive form the front to win, a contender.

Hamilton, three straight podiums,beating his 2 time WC teammate fairly on the track, splitting the Ferraris, a contender.

Heidfield, getting past Alonso, on the track, keeping him behind and monstering his team mate. also a contender.

had DC finished i would say him, as it is i think Heidfield should get it, he brought the fight to the top 2 and a great pass on Alonso

Robinho
15th April 2007, 14:40
Coulthard for sure, he was an unstoppable force in that one... just a shame the Renault engine couldn't hold up.

it was the driveshaft

Viktory
15th April 2007, 14:53
Massa, Coulthard and Heidfeld

BeansBeansBeans
15th April 2007, 14:56
Massa, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Hamilton

I'd go along with that.

trumperZ06
15th April 2007, 15:19
Massa, Coulthard and Heidfeld

;) Hhmmm.... YEP !!!

Also a... well done to Lewis. splitting the two Italian Stallions.

Ian McC
15th April 2007, 15:35
I would say DC, the Ant and Heidfeld

tinchote
15th April 2007, 15:45
Heidfeld for me.

But I would also like to mention Hamilton: after three races, he is tied for the lead in the WDC :up:

Roamy
15th April 2007, 15:57
what the **** did NH do - one pass - DC kicked ass like a one legged man winning a gang fight.

gm99
15th April 2007, 16:38
I agree with your choices:

Massa and Hamilton for comprehensively outdriving their higher-rated team-mates; Massa also for not screwing up at any time during the race, which a lot of people (myself included, I have to admitt) didn't think possible.

Coulthard for going through the field like a hot knife through butter before technical gremlins stopped him.

Nick Heidfeld not just for passing Alonso, but for staying with the lead group throughout the race and also for dominating (again) his team-mate Kubica who many (myself not included this time ;) ) thought would blow him to pieces this season.

Garry Walker
15th April 2007, 17:07
the Ant

OMG, thats funny.

Driver of the race for me was Massa, along with Heidfeld.

ArrowsFA1
15th April 2007, 17:12
Tough to choose. Massa - for answering his critics with a fine performance. Hamilton - for yet another faultless drive, and for beating his team-mate. Heidfeld - for mixing it with the Ferraris & McLarens all race. Coulthard - for reminding us what a racer he still is. Davidson - for getting the Aguri in the points positions for a while and for being so fast and consistent. Special mention to Rosberg & Wurz for their very entertaining battles!!

Mikeall
15th April 2007, 19:47
Based on this performance Coulthard is the new Nico Rosberg. Definitely man of the race.

jens
15th April 2007, 21:16
Interesting that no-one of you has mentioned Trulli. Two great manouvers on both Heikki and Giancarlo in a tough corner section in the middle of the circuit - actually one of the hardest places for overtaking! Also some great position defending and DC was the only one, who managed to pass him on track. But I'm not going to talk about only Trulli...

Massa - great job, flag-to-flag win.
Hamilton - that man is absolutely extraordinary, beating his 2xWDC team-mate fair and square.
Heidfeld - great job, passing Alonso from the outside.
Coulthard - From 21st into the points before blowing up. Haven't seen such an entertaining race from him for a long time!

jas123f1
15th April 2007, 21:18
I think Massa was the driver of the race. After all mistakes in Malaysia he made a perfect job in Bahrain and also besides of that his behaviour was very good. It was nice to see how he did speak of his mistakes in a right way and it was absolutely clear that he accepted that the mistakes he made in Malaysia have no acceptance in a top team like Ferrari. He gave me an impression of a guy who takes his job very seriously and can take criticism in a right way. :up:

F1boat
15th April 2007, 21:22
I think Massa was the driver of the race. After all mistakes in Malaysia he made a perfect job in Bahrain and also besides of that his behaviour was very good. It was nice to see how he did speak of his mistakes in a right way and it was absolutely clear that he accepted that the mistakes he made in Malaysia have no acceptance in a top team like Ferrari. He gave me an impression of a guy who takes his job very seriously and can take criticism in a right way. :up:

Yeah, I was really impressed. I admit that I didn't believe in Massa andhe showed me that I was wrong.

ioan
15th April 2007, 21:50
I'll give it to NH for his pace and that overtaking maneuver on FA. Second would have to be DC.
A mention for Felipe is in line too, he managed his race in a very cool way, built a gap and than eased off towards the end to protect the engine.

CharlieJ
15th April 2007, 23:18
DC on a good day is absolutely brilliant..... and today was a GOOD day. :D

CarlMetro
16th April 2007, 00:30
It doesn't matter to me that he didn't finish the race, nor where he comes from, but today the driver of the race was definately David Coulthard. 21st on the grid through to 7th was simply outstanding. Honourable mentions have to go to Heidfeld for his pass on Alonso and for Massa for his faultless performance but DC's performance today reminded me of Barachello at Silverstone a few years ago.

jso1985
16th April 2007, 01:05
Coulthard no doubt about it, haven't seen David fighting so hard since... erm... since a long time ago!

also deserving a mention: Massa, Heidfeld and Hamilton

ShiftingGears
16th April 2007, 02:17
Coulthard, he still has it! He was storming! Heidfeld had a great drive and pass on Alonso, I wonder if he can make it 4 4ths in a row at Spain? :p :

Valve Bounce
16th April 2007, 02:52
It would be between Heidfeld and Coulthard for me, I'll try to make my mind up later.

I have to say Heidfeld, although that would be unfair to DC - maybe even stevens for both.

Funny how I never really considered Quick Nick as a great driver, simply because I never considered Nick as he sneaked beneath my radar driving cars which were less than competitive. I think after his great drive yesterday, more people (in the right places) will take notice. Martin or james Allen kept mentioning that he wasn't happy at BMW. Does anyone have more info on this?

Somebody
16th April 2007, 03:05
I want to say DC for making up 14 places and most of them on the track rather than in the pits, but the fact is that - even though it wasn't his fault - he didn't finish, and it's hard to say the driver of the race is someone who didn't do the whole race.

On that basis, it has to be Heidfeld. Massa has the car underneath him that, after starting from pole, he *should* be running the whole race from the front and taking the chequered flag, while NH's outperforming his car to get a fourth, while overtaking the WDC - who is in the second-fastest car - in the process.

leopard
16th April 2007, 04:05
Everyone, except Alonso ;)

Since this only needs to mention somebody, my vote goes to Felippe Massa who cash down mistakes he has made in two previous races.

longisland
16th April 2007, 07:00
Coulthard hands down.

ioan
16th April 2007, 07:36
my vote goes to Felippe Massa who cash down mistakes he has made in two previous races.

Massa made no mistake in Oz, it was a gearbox electrical system failure.

Cozzie
16th April 2007, 08:01
Lewis Hamilton for sure, he was amazing in the final third of the race!

mirek01
16th April 2007, 19:21
For me showing good driving were Massa,Hamilton,Nick,Trulli(very good with his machinery),Coulthard(like a vine),Davidson.

rlenis
16th April 2007, 19:46
Heidfeld.

baker
16th April 2007, 20:20
I have to say Heidfeld, although that would be unfair to DC - maybe even stevens for both.

Funny how I never really considered Quick Nick as a great driver, simply because I never considered Nick as he sneaked beneath my radar driving cars which were less than competitive. I think after his great drive yesterday, more people (in the right places) will take notice. Martin or james Allen kept mentioning that he wasn't happy at BMW. Does anyone have more info on this?

I have to agree about Heidfeld - he's been a revelation this year. However I'd give driver of the day to Massa for showing the strength to bounce back from Malaysia with not just the race win but the treble.

As far as Heidfeld's problems with BMW go, I believe that his contract with them ends this year. BMW have yet to offer him a new contract, the rumours suggesting that Mario favours pairing Vettel with Kubica for 2008. That's what Nick's unhappy about.

F1boat
17th April 2007, 08:16
Vettel + Kubica won't be very good. Two younglings is too dangerous.

Hawkmoon
17th April 2007, 10:07
From his point of view I'd have to Button was the driver of the day. By spinning in turn 1 he saved himself the embarressment of being passed by a Super Aguri again. :D

Otherwise I think old man Coulthard certainly showed that there's life in the old bugger yet.

CarlMetro
17th April 2007, 10:39
From his point of view I'd have to Button was the driver of the day. By spinning in turn 1 he saved himself the embarressment of being passed by a Super Aguri again. :D

:laugh:

CharlieJ
17th April 2007, 10:56
I don't think it quite qualifies for Driver of the Day, but definitely a smart move.
:rotflmao:

Valve Bounce
18th April 2007, 06:37

:D :D :rotflmao:

NoahsGirl
19th April 2007, 20:09
what the **** did NH do - one pass - DC kicked ass like a one legged man winning a gang fight.

LOL I love that quote, can I borrow it for my signature please? Drivers of the race for me was Massa, Heidfeld and DC. Damn that RB drive shaft :(

aryan
21st April 2007, 04:36
I'd pick DC, Nick, Massa & Hamilton in that order.

Special mention also for Truli and the Ant.

aryan
21st April 2007, 04:42
Mods, I know it's a week past, but since we don't have a GP for the next two weeks, I'd say we are all kinda bored here, so...

Can we have a poll please?
Possible candidates:
NH, LH, FM, DC, JT, AD.