PDA

View Full Version : 2007 CRC(China Rally Championship) Round 1

johnson
15th April 2007, 11:00
The first round of CRC had taken place on the 23-25 of March in JinShan area of Shanghai city .
After two days ,10 stages of very challenging race , British driver , David Higgins (Wan Yu rally team ),was first overall , followed by Chinese driver ,Xu Lang (HongHe rally team) , JARKKO MIETTINEN (HongHe rally team).MARTIN ROWE(KST), RICHARD VALLANCE (GT tire team), Takuma KAMADA(Subaru China), Rodney Tu (Tuckmore Rally Team) and Hua QX(Wan Yu rally team).
The top three in Chinese drivers title were as followings:
Xu Lang , Rodney Tu and Hua Qing Xian

There will have five more rounds of CRC in 2007,dates and places are as following :
15-17, June - Bei Jing (tarmac rally)
13-15, July - Liu Pan Shui city, GuiZhou Province
3-5 , Aug - Kai Yang city , GuiZhou Province
1-2 , Sep - Yan An city , Ji Lin Province (near the border of North Korea)
12-13, Nov - Long You city, ZheJiang Province ( APRC China round)

hooligan74
16th April 2007, 16:03
Thanks for the update. The website is in Chinese and completely useless for most of us so any news will be great.

Mihai
30th October 2007, 16:48
Any news updates on the Chinese Rally Championship? Such as overall standings, event winners, etc.

I'm particularly interested in Jarkko Miettinen of Finland.

Fleur
31st October 2007, 02:16
Any news updates on the Chinese Rally Championship? Such as overall standings, event winners, etc.

I'm particularly interested in Jarkko Miettinen of Finland.

David Higgins has won all four rounds so far. But as forgien drivers cannot score championship points, I am not sure who is leading the championship for Drivers. I believe Davids team, Mitsubishi RalliArt China (formally Wan Yu Rally Team) are leading the teams championship. This is of more importance to the chinese than the drivers championship.
Jarkko's team (Honghe) withdrew from the championship after the Beijing round, at which Jarkko was fighting for the win, but had a big crash. He has not competed at the last two Chinese rounds.

Fleur
31st October 2007, 02:17
Oh, and the round at the start of Sept was cancelled.

Mihai
2nd November 2007, 07:48
Thanks a lot Fleur! :up: Btw, every time I see recent APRC rally results I say 'Where did my fellow forumer finish this event?'. ;)

I'm going to meet Jarkko tomorrow at a rallyshow event in Romania and I needed some backgorund information about his season.

Fleur
9th November 2007, 02:19
Thanks a lot Fleur! :up: Btw, every time I see recent APRC rally results I say 'Where did my fellow forumer finish this event?'. ;)

I'm going to meet Jarkko tomorrow at a rallyshow event in Romania and I needed some backgorund information about his season.

Thanks, its nice to hear you are interested in how i get on :) :) :)
How did the meeting with Jarkko go? He is a neat guy.