PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Ranger
3rd June 2014, 04:16
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.svg/800px-Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.svg.png

Canadian Grand Prix - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Start: 14:00 local time, Sunday, June 8th, 2014.
Laps: 70
Lap Distance: 4.361 km
Race Distance: 305.27 km

Previous 10 winners:

2013 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2012 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2011 - Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes)
2010 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2008 - Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber)
2007 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2006 - Fernando Alonso (Renault)
2005 - Kimi Raikkonen (McLaren-Mercedes)
2004 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

----

I missed the Monaco Grand Prix, so I'm definitely keen for what is usually one of the best races of the year.

Hamilton has won here three times and would have likely won again in '08 and '11 if it weren't for silly accidents. He is my tip for victory here, given Mercedes' (although declining) superiority over the rest of the grid.

steveaki13
3rd June 2014, 09:09
The Mercedes advantage was declining in Monaco, but I am not sure it will be as small here. Remember the race before Monaco in Spain the gap was as big as it had been really. They won by 50 seconds.

In the unusual circuit of Monaco it was cut to just a few tenths. I think it will be back up to 0.6-0.9

Mia 01
3rd June 2014, 10:35
Ferrari are bringing some major uppgrades here. Hope Kimi can make it to the podium.

journeyman racer
3rd June 2014, 15:08
Montreal is expected to be more effected by fuel mileage than normal this season. One thing I've noted, but is never acknowledge even by Hamilton fans (Maybe because their too infatuated with attacking driving), is that Hamilton has often done better than Rosberg with fuel mileage. Hamilton should be able to make full use of this advantage. Rosberg has to get off the line better, to at least create nuisance value, supposing he qualified second to Hamilton.

airshifter
3rd June 2014, 19:21
Montreal is expected to be more effected by fuel mileage than normal this season. One thing I've noted, but is never acknowledge even by Hamilton fans (Maybe because their too infatuated with attacking driving), is that Hamilton has often done better than Rosberg with fuel mileage. Hamilton should be able to make full use of this advantage. Rosberg has to get off the line better, to at least create nuisance value, supposing he qualified second to Hamilton.

I've noticed the fuel consumption issue, but it seems to favor the car in front IMO. At Monaco Lewis was behind on the fuel curve IIRC. If the following driver wants to attack they are dealing with dirty air and pushing harder, where the car in front has the options of lines and such that can cause more throttle use by the following car.

I think Canada will be an interesting race, possibly allowing cars other than RB to compete for the podium with Mercedes. But on any track where there is room to pass and really race, I think Lewis will continue to best Nico the majority of the time. Nico has driven much better than I gave him credit for a couple years back, but in an out and out gunfight type race I think there are several drivers that given equal cars would easily best him.

steveaki13
4th June 2014, 01:23
Mercedes always seem to use less than anyone else. I assume because they are out front and can use an even amount of fuel as they dont have to battle and attack as much.

But within Mercedes you are correct. Lewis seems slightly better than Nico at that.

Warriwa
4th June 2014, 07:27
Does Vettel have a new car? If so I predict the end of Ricco's dominant run. Seb will podium for sure this weekend. I'm off to the bookies.

Koz
4th June 2014, 08:25
I've noticed the fuel consumption issue, but it seems to favor the car in front IMO. At Monaco Lewis was behind on the fuel curve IIRC. If the following driver wants to attack they are dealing with dirty air and pushing harder, where the car in front has the options of lines and such that can cause more throttle use by the following car.

No, he was not. Rosberg was told to save fuel.

TheFamousEccles
4th June 2014, 13:01
Does Vettel have a new car? If so I predict the end of Ricco's dominant run. Seb will podium for sure this weekend. I'm off to the bookies.

I think SV had a new chassis in Monte Carlo? I've had a quick scout of the sites I usually go to and can't find any reference... maybe i dreamed it. Maybe a tv commentator said so? But I'm sure I'm right:D:up::roll:

Bagwan
4th June 2014, 14:06

I think Canada will be an interesting race, possibly allowing cars other than RB to compete for the podium with Mercedes. But on any track where there is room to pass and really race, I think Lewis will continue to best Nico the majority of the time. Nico has driven much better than I gave him credit for a couple years back, but in an out and out gunfight type race I think there are several drivers that given equal cars would easily best him.

Isn't it exactly opposite to that , shifter ?

The car in front creates that "dirty air" , which is detrimental when you need downforce , but nice when you need a slipstream .
Just like the sprinter in a bike race , staying in the wake , saving energy for the final metres , the car behind will save fuel just by being behind someone breaking the air in front .

Supposedly , all's nicey-nicey between Lewis and Nico now , but I don't believe it .

One little comment from Nico about Lewis parking it at pit out , or some such thing , could prompt some silver skid marks at the first/second corner combo .
Nico will likely be frustrated with how fast Hamilton goes around this track , and will likely be second on the grid . It will be tense .
He will do as much as he can to be in the way .

If he can get ahead , it will get into Hamilton's head . It's Hamilton's track .
In Monaco , the name "Senna" was in Hamilton's head .

If Nico were to take pole in Montreal , the game would really be on .

And , here I am again , wondering how it happened that I am now really looking forward to the next race , even though one make is running away with it all .

Mia 01
4th June 2014, 15:33
For once, me to Bagwan, me to. I f Nico wins this one (Lewis has won it three times) we gonna here a lot. During and after the race.

Tazio
4th June 2014, 16:13
For once, me to Bagwan, me to. I f Nico wins this one (Lewis has won it three times) we gonna here a lot. During and after the race.

Not meaning to diminish anything in your post Mia, because you are right. However I fear it will be the same members droning on and on about intangibles regardless which one comes out on top.

Ferrari are bringing some major upgrades here Hope Kimi can make it to the podium.
Ferrari on the podium would be a pleasant surprise (which I don't find likely) to me, because I'm thinking Canada should favor all Mercedes powered teams. Let's see what Ferrari have come up with, because I'm hoping you are right, but not holding my breath.

henners88
4th June 2014, 19:42
One little comment from Nico about Lewis parking it at pit out , or some such thing , could prompt some silver skid marks at the first/second corner combo .
Wouldn't Lewis just remind Nico that he also parked it at the pit out though? Might turn into a laugh rather than tension as they both did it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tazio
5th June 2014, 03:38
Ferrari are bringing some major uppgrades here. Hope Kimi can make it to the podium.

http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/06/05/f1-fanatic-round-0506/

:stareup: :rolleyes: :angel:

Bagwan
5th June 2014, 13:48

True , true , Mia .

I hope it all blows up between them( not literally ), and makes mentor Lauda work hard , scolding one and the other for the rest of the year .

Think of how fun it will be to drone on and on about intangibles regardless which one comes out on top !

Bagwan
5th June 2014, 13:56
Not meaning to diminish anything in your post Mia, because you are right. However I fear it will be the same members droning on and on about intangibles regardless which one comes out on top.

Ferrari on the podium would be a pleasant surprise (which I don't find likely) to me, because I'm thinking Canada should favor all Mercedes powered teams. Let's see what Ferrari have come up with, because I'm hoping you are right, but not holding my breath.

Hey , if Mia's right , then I'm right , because she was agreeing with me .

Maybe a little more droning is what we need around here to get a few more members back .
I've noticed a few old names strolling by just lately , and that must be because there's something to talk about .

So , it's all good Tazzy bear .

The reds love Montreal and Montreal loves them back .
You'll see red on that podium . You watch .

Bagwan
5th June 2014, 14:04
Wouldn't Lewis just remind Nico that he also parked it at the pit out though? Might turn into a laugh rather than tension as they both did it ;)

Ok , touche , henners .

So , maybe it will be the "some such thing" to which I pointed , and not the pit out parking lot .

They've got lot's of history between them from which to draw .

Quite frankly , I'd like them to start working on their friendship again after the season closer .
They are , and should be , enemies right now .

henners88
5th June 2014, 14:51
I don't care what relationship they have as long as the racing between them is fair and good. If I want emotion and falling out I'll watch Eastenders.

Tazio
5th June 2014, 15:14
Hey , if Mia's right , then I'm right , because she was agreeing with me .

Maybe a little more droning is what we need around here.
Knock yourself out dukie, I really don't mind if there is some decent entertainment value in it (comedy), but I prefer the events that happen on the track, you know the completion!

So , it's all good Tazzy bear .

You'll see red on that podium . You watch .
I'll be watching dukie, and I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my....dawg.....breath!

What is the over/under on how many collisions Kimi has this race? :confused: ;)

N. Jones
5th June 2014, 17:37
I just want to see Chilton rewarded with his first point.

Mia 01
5th June 2014, 20:34
I just want to see Chilton rewarded with his first point.

Think you have to wait a bit longer, not this race is my belive. You Chilton, I Eriksson!

donKey jote
5th June 2014, 22:49
I just want to see a great battle for the lead, with multiple clean overtakes all the way to the last corner, and a sprint to the finish with at most a tenth in it...
bit like Márquez and Lorenzo in Mugello :andrea:

Gonna have to rely on billy's missus' wifi to watch it though, as taz's sis is up at baggie's :dozey:

Tazio
6th June 2014, 04:23
:sailor: So who is doing brown paper baggie's missus...........beside Jaques? :angel:

Whyzars
6th June 2014, 14:14
Mmmmm, prediction time. In Caanada, Mercedes will smack down all the talk of opponents closing the gap.

Its time that they unleashed their beast. 1 second per lap and lap everything up to 4th.

They might even burn most of their fuel allowance...

N. Jones
6th June 2014, 15:09
Think you have to wait a bit longer, not this race is my belive. You Chilton, I Eriksson!

This race usually sees a lot of attrition so it is not impossible!

steveaki13
6th June 2014, 17:08
The Mercedes as expected 0.8 clear but Alonso is flying. Whats he found? Just 0.125 behind and on mercedes pace unlike everyone else.

Tazio
6th June 2014, 22:18
Good to see Kimi and Fast Felipe going well, If either one of those two find their groove they could smack down their teammates......maybe :arrows:

driveace
6th June 2014, 23:37
Back to the Status quo ,Lewis is fastest from Nico by 1.5 seconds with Vettel 4.5 tenths behind .
Let's see what tomorrow brings

driveace
6th June 2014, 23:38
Lewis 1.5 tenths not 1.5 seconds !

steveaki13
7th June 2014, 09:31
I was surprised to see how close the rest were. On one lap pace the gap was only 0.4 to the rest. I was expecting 0.8-1.0.

Also in the long runs other cars were doing closer lap times.

driveace
7th June 2014, 10:04
Could be interesting race .Surprised by Alonso,s pace and Vettels too ,BUT let's see tomorrow when in qualifying we see more of what the Mercs can pull out .Think they are still hiding a bit of time they still have in hand too .Surprised Danny was slower in the testing 2 too

TheFamousEccles
7th June 2014, 15:55
So, while I sit patiently waiting until 0200 08 June 2014 There's shite on the tv and I know that if I go to sleep and set the alarm I will just switch it off and go back to sleep. Now, most of the time I would just soft out, but this time I'm gonna tough it out.

I have been reading stuff. And things.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/big-teams-propose-friday-practice-axe/

I'm not in favour. I think track time is premium and these things don't see too much of that, in the grand scheme of things. As the guy from Force India alludes, friday is an income stream in several aspects and it would be not just the smaller teams that feel the difference. The caterers, security, cleaners, etc would inevitably need to tighten belts too.

Say it aint so :vader:

Tazio
7th June 2014, 16:10
:stareup: Top o' the morning mate!

Tazio
7th June 2014, 16:16
Red flag

TheFamousEccles
7th June 2014, 16:44
Hey Dr Taz. Beer flag!

Tazio
7th June 2014, 17:01
:stareup: Dude, weird p3 sess' Felipe Baggie ;)

TheFamousEccles
7th June 2014, 17:57
Dawg, it might be that the "live" broadcast of quallies may not be as live as it could be in my neck of the woods. Are you watching FP3?

TheFamousEccles
7th June 2014, 19:02
Made it, the sun's out in Canada.

Tazio
7th June 2014, 19:10
Just got here, quali Ecc' :cool:

Tazio
7th June 2014, 19:12
Wow, The Boss is really putting the wood to Nico!!

Tazio
7th June 2014, 19:23
Jeez Ericcson is a freakin' menace!! I guess he didn't ruin anyones quali this time :dozey:

steveaki13
7th June 2014, 19:35
Hi Taz. :wave:

He ruined Chilton's lap. I reckon he might have snuck into Q2. :mad:

Wow. Williams right up there.

Whats happening with Merc. Do we think they could actually be raced here?

Tazio
7th June 2014, 19:47
Hi Steve.
Oh he did mess someone up.
Don't know, and,
probably not, but one can always hope, because Williams is looking pretty good. My guess is only best of the rest however!!

Tazio
7th June 2014, 20:02
The Boss got punked by 0.07 :dork:

N4D13
7th June 2014, 20:02
Oh dear, that fight for P3 was close. 41 ms between Vettel and Ricciardo, yet they're separated by three grid positions.

And Rosberg takes pole in Lewis' shrine. Hamilton who? :P

steveaki13
7th June 2014, 20:08
Wow.

Nico Rosberg stunning effort. Well done. Just 0.08.

So close. Should be an epic race. I can see either of them winning.

Nico could lead all race, or conversely Lewis could jump him off the line or in the pits.

Can't even begin to guess. Congrats to Nico

steveaki13
7th June 2014, 20:09
Seb also done a great job. P3 and ahead of Williams 4-5. Great Qualifying for Williams.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Tazio
7th June 2014, 20:14
Should be an interesting race, see you guys tomorrow. :wave:

Bagwan
7th June 2014, 20:44
Will both Mercs make it through the first two corners ?

Stay tuned , kids , for the next episode of Silver Wars , as our hero , Lew-Dawg , the intrepid Pom , struggles , in ultra slo-mo , mid-corner , with the decision of whether to emulate his own hero , Ayr-Bro , and use the silver spear on the pesky Rosko for being so petulant as to take pole in in the kingdom of Hamtreal , or will he slip by the foolish to think he could ever be as hungry Rosko .

steveaki13
7th June 2014, 21:23

Stay tuned , kids , for the next episode of Silver Wars , as our hero , Lew-Dawg , the intrepid Pom , struggles , in ultra slo-mo , mid-corner , with the decision of whether to emulate his own hero , Ayr-Bro , and use the silver spear on the pesky Rosko for being so petulant as to take pole in in the kingdom of Hamtreal , or will he slip by the foolish to think he could ever be as hungry Rosko .

:p

Doc Austin
7th June 2014, 21:49
I believe this is the first time Vettel this year that has made it all the way through the weekend without having a mechanical/technical issue, and now he sits third on the grid. I think he has just had everything go against him but things might be coming good for him.

I am a bit surprised that Rosberg beat Hamilton straight up. Maybe Nico is better than he gets credit for.

drive
7th June 2014, 21:51
Stunning results for P3-P6! And ROS got a pole position on 'HAM's track'!!! cant wait for the race day, should be fun :)
Some pictures from Saturday http://www.thepaddockmagazine.com/articles/gallery/canadian-grand-prix-2014-saturday-photo-gallery

henners88
7th June 2014, 22:11
A Mercedes one, two, excellent.

Tazio
8th June 2014, 03:56
A Mercedes one, two, excellent.

:rolleyes: :stareup:

airshifter
8th June 2014, 05:44
It's looking like it has all the possibilities of a very interesting race.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Williams on the podium. I don't think the RB has the straight line cajones to fight them off for long, even with Seb at the wheel. Likewise I see the Ferrari cars in potentially the same position as the race goes on, and wouldn't be shocked to see the McLarens or Force India cars moving up the grid.

Freaking JEV lofts the Torro Rosso car to the top 10 and hardly gets noticed.

I saw Hammy chases down and passes Nico before the final stop, probably much sooner.

journeyman racer
8th June 2014, 06:10
Laughable that head to head qualifying is taken so seriously.

Mia 01
8th June 2014, 09:50
Other teams has closed in on Mercedes as it seems. very happy for Nicos sake, Lewis took a fair beating and looked exhaused aterwards. Hope the race turns out good for Nico.

Tazio
8th June 2014, 11:35

Stay tuned , kids , for the next episode of Silver Wars , as our hero , Lew-Dawg , the intrepid Pom , struggles , in ultra slo-mo , mid-corner , with the decision of whether to emulate his own hero , Ayr-Bro , and use the silver spear on the pesky Rosko for being so petulant as to take pole in in the kingdom of Hamtreal , or will he slip by the foolish to think he could ever be as hungry Rosko . You funny guy Mr. Bagwan, you stop and kiss baby. Many chances for Ferrari to beat the diminutive Mr. Felipe Baggie to podium, because Canada love red. Kimi kiss the Blarney Stone. He go fishing with Muskie Jim tonight, but they only catch a buzz. Fred drive like Valencia 2012 but turn into Frenchman Mr. Grosjean. Seb have two fingers up Danny's ass. Try to stay out of trouble this weekend. As Mr ioan say "freakin' pizza delivery boyz"

henners88
8th June 2014, 11:58
Looks like this race has potential to be a good one with a fight at the front. It's a good track for Lewis and he loves an overtake so fingers crossed these two trade places a few times throughout! I agree Williams have got a good chance of a podium here as Red Bull may struggle on longer runs with straight line speed lacking. A bit of rain would really mix things up but we can't have everything. :)

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 12:34
Is there a chance of rain today?

henners88
8th June 2014, 17:10
I haven't even looked at the forecast Steve,

Tazio
8th June 2014, 18:54
Is there a chance of rain today?Sorry dawg no rain expected for the race!

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 19:33
Sorry dawg no rain expected for the race!

Dang. How is Da Boss gonna put Nico in his place now? :p

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 19:42
dang. How is da boss gonna put nico in his place now? :p

drs

donKey jote
8th June 2014, 19:43
Balls no TV in sight... what to do... stick with wifi from the outlet or scarper to the nearest Billy's missus' :-s

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 19:49
Balls no TV in sight... what to do... stick with wifi from the outlet or scarper to the nearest Billy's missus' :-s

Go to Billys Missus..... Oh unless you want to watch the race :facelick:

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 19:54
Anyway hello G.U.Y.S

Koz
8th June 2014, 19:57
Hey guys

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 20:04
Rosberg being an arsehole - love it :)

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 20:04
First ever DNF for Magic Max :o

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:06
Poor Max loses his record, but it was his fault.

After Marussia's best weekend ever, now their worst ever.

Thats the way the cookie bounces

N4D13
8th June 2014, 20:06
First ever DNF for Magic Max :o
I'm still unsure about whether that was Chilton or Bianchi! The texts on TV said Chilton first, then Jules. :-/

Edit: OK, it's Chilton. Tough luck!

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 20:07
I'm still unsure about whether that was Chilton or Bianchi! The texts on TV said Chilton first, then Jules. :-/

Chilton lost control and cluttered into Bianchi. Clear mistake by barbie.

Tazio
8th June 2014, 20:12
Morning dawgs! Chilton lost it, big fuel savings for the rest of the field!

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:13
They dont appear to know what to do with Chiltons car.

A lot of rubbish still on the track. This could be a long SC period.

Did you guys hear Adrian Newey is stepping down from day to day Red Bull running

Koz
8th June 2014, 20:24
Did you guys hear Adrian Newey is stepping down from day to day Red Bull running

Wow!

Ferrari or Honda??

gm99
8th June 2014, 20:28
Wow!

Ferrari or Honda??

Neither, he signed a long-term deal with Red Bull and will head up a new technology department.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:28
I should add after the beginning of next season. He said he is planning to help get Red Bull started in 2015 then pursue other interests

Tazio
8th June 2014, 20:32
Kimi got punked!

Tazio
8th June 2014, 20:34
Fred had a great in lap!

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:36
Wonder how the Force India's will do with this different strategy.

Thats a key fight, because Mercedes are set 1-2 in that order. I cant see any way Lewis can beat Nico at the moment.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:38
Oh look Pastor has damage. :p

gm99
8th June 2014, 20:38
Great camerawork...not!

Tazio
8th June 2014, 20:39
Clumsy by Vettel

gm99
8th June 2014, 20:43
Rosberg starting to feel the pressure now...

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:43
Great camerawork...not!

I know. Cut to the crowd just as cars are side by side.

truefan72
8th June 2014, 20:44
hmm rosberg gaining an advantage, Whatwill the stewards say
all 4 wheels off the racing ine and makes up .600 smh

gm99
8th June 2014, 20:46
I can't believe how slow the Saubers are today - lapping two seconds slower than anyone else at the moment.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:49
Nico Rosberg under investigation.

A penalty would be very harsh.

I still argue generally though, thats the problem with tarmac. Nico in this case makes an error and gains time rather than loses anything. Stick grass there and problem solved. Or gravel.

gm99
8th June 2014, 20:51
Just a warning for Rosberg - fair enough, should give us an exciting fight for the win between the Merc'.

N4D13
8th June 2014, 20:52
No penalty with Nico but I believe that Lewis will take this one. That moment has destroyed Nico's tyres and he's getting lots of vibration in the front end now.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:53
Phew..... no penalty. I think thats a right decision.

Should have naturally lost time for an error anyway. As should Kyvat and all the others who cut the chicane.

Tazio
8th June 2014, 20:53
Nico dodges a bullet

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:54
No penalty with Nico but I believe that Lewis will take this one. That moment has destroyed Nico's tyres and he's getting lots of vibration in the front end now.

Nah. Lewis has destroyed his tyres pushing so hard earlier. IMO

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 20:56
Vettel trapped behind the hulk. That lack of top speed is really killing the RB

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:58
Both Mercedes have issues

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 20:58
Both Mercs dying? Oh god, please, I beg thee.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 20:59
Both Mercedes about to retire. Wow whats happening

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:00
Both Mercs dying? Oh god, please, I beg thee.

It would be sweet. Imagine a Force India, Williams, Red Bull or Ferrari wins

Tazio
WTF is uup with the Mercs :confused:

gm99
Force India win on the horizon?

Tazio
8th June 2014, 21:02
Kimi Man :dork:

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:03
Both Mercs dead on their legs and they are still 20 seconds clear - we are so fucked :s

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:06
Let's be mean and wish for a safety car now... ;)

Pastor, I call upon thee...

gm99
8th June 2014, 21:07
Let's be mean and wish for a safety car now... ;)

Pastor, I call upon thee...

Flavio, is that you? :p

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:07
Felipe Baby !!!!!

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:08
Wait, how come Hamilton has overtaken Rosberg? I must have missed something. :-/

gm99
8th June 2014, 21:09
Massa the first non-Merc driver to lead a lap this year?

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:10
Hamilton out and Championships over. Rosberg never seems to retire. This could be it for the season.

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:11
Hamilton loses it and WE SEE A FUCKING MARTINI GEAR ON THE TOP STEP *YAY*

Tazio
sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:sailor:

steveaki13
Hamiltons brakes failed. Nico can he finish and gain more points.

donKey jote
Thanks to Billy's place :D

gm99
8th June 2014, 21:13
Another crazy Canadian GP!

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:13
There is a god after all...

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:14

Whats the betting Nico's problems cured now. ;)

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:17
Complete chaos. BTW. How the fuck did RB eff up Vettels pitstop. Why is he behind RIC all of a sudden?

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:18
Nico's not actually losing much pace. Nico's about to secure Championship domination all thanks to Lewis having two car failures. Such a shame.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:20
This is likely to be a 8 car train for the win soon. However Perez is so slow he is giving Rosberg a chance to win.

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:20
Here's a question: when they change tyres, is any part of the brake system changed as well?

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:21
A lobotomized Merc still stays ahead - how much more ridiculous can it get??

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:22
A lobotomized Merc still stays ahead - how much more ridiculous can it get??
Just wait till the Hulk catches the Bulls. Now that would be interesting. :P

Edit: any of the Williams would do as well.

donKey jote
8th June 2014, 21:23
Thoroughly enjoying my meal :D

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:23
Nico is going to win this race. Absolutely incredible how they have kept that car on track.

N4D13 - Not sure. someone clever will know.

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:25
Oh, look, nice teamwork from Bottas! :D

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:26
Come on Felipe Baby. Give us a one non Merc winner this season.

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:26
Felipe baby - fastest lap :)

truefan72
8th June 2014, 21:29
all perez is doing is running interference, make a move for the win son SMH

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:29
RB squadering a chance by letting RIC hold up VET

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:37
Red Bull, your lack of topspeed pisses me off...

veeten
8th June 2014, 21:37
no brakes for Perez...

veeten
8th June 2014, 21:39
Red Bull, your lack of topspeed pisses me off...

unless you're Riccardo...

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:40
YES!!! There is a god!!

donKey jote
Go ric :D

truefan72
all perez has doen is hold everyone else up. credit to him his strategy, but a shame

gm99
8th June 2014, 21:41
Massa WTF?

donKey jote
Balls squiggy :-s

dj_bytedisaster
unless you're Riccardo...

We should bemore concerned about how long rosberg stayed ahead in an ailing car. Vettel was shafted though. He was faster than RIC all race. How the hell did he lose track position??

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:42
If that had happened in lap 69 instead of 70, they might have red-flagged it. And that would have meant Rosberg would have won because they'd have taken the results from the end of lap 67.

AndyL
8th June 2014, 21:43
They should forget about all this jetting around the world and just have every race here.

veeten
Daniel breaks his duck! Great drive, man! :D

gm99
Yet another debut winner in Montréal...

truefan72
8th June 2014, 21:44
oh dear
massive crash

rosberg's luck continues, much to my annoyance
if perez was only passed, then he would have been down to p5-p6

truefan72
8th June 2014, 21:45
perez braked early
his fault imo

veeten
8th June 2014, 21:47
perez braked early
his fault imo
unfortunately, Perez radioed in that his brakes were gone, two laps ahead of that last lap crash.

truefan72
8th June 2014, 21:48
hamilton will come back strong

AndyL
8th June 2014, 21:48
Hope we'll see how Button managed to do both Hulkenberg and Alonso on the previous lap.

N4D13
8th June 2014, 21:50
unfortunately, Perez radioed in that his brakes were gone, two laps ahead of that last lap crash.
Fair enough but I think Massa should have been cleverer than that and not be right behind Checo. I'm not trying to blame Felipe but he might have avoided the accident if he had given him more room.

longisland
8th June 2014, 21:53
It's a shame for Perez & Massa. Perez in particular after holding the position without DRS & old tires for as long as he did. Great win for Ricciardo & lucky day for both Rosberg & Vettel

veeten
8th June 2014, 21:54
and somewhere in Heaven, Sir Jack is smiling his a$$ off... :D :D

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:54
Wow..... that was crazy Canada and a half.

Rosberg didnt get lucky really. He drove amazingly around his problem like Schumi in Spain 95? or Mercedes turned his engine up a bit after Hamilton retired. Either way he did a great job.

Sadly I see the Championship as massively towards Nico now. I hope Lewis can make a fight of it.

As for the massive crash. Have we seen Massa get out of the car OK? I saw Perez I think.

I think it was sadly very unfortunate for Perez to have such bad brakes and Massa just didnt realise it. I guess if you have dodgy brakes you need to stay out of trouble.

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 21:55
hamilton will come back strong

dream on, precious...

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 21:59
dream on, precious...

No need to be nasty.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 22:18
That really was a massive shunt for Felipe Massa. Perez luckily spun sideways which released energy.

But Massa smashed at full speed head on. Nasty Nasty stuff.

dj_bytedisaster
8th June 2014, 22:20
No need to be nasty.

Only returning the abuse I took delivery of last year by selected individuals. Not very fair, but unspeakably satisfying to rub it in.

steveaki13
8th June 2014, 22:23
Only returning the abuse I took delivery of last year by selected individuals. Not very fair, but unspeakably satisfying to rub it in.

You loved Vettel and now True fan loves Lewis

You both love and hate too much. Peace man.....Forgive and forget and all that stuff. :D

henners88
8th June 2014, 22:36
What a race! Gutted for Hamilton and made up for Daniel. Lewis can at least take comfort that he was the better driver before his retirement. Whether or not he'll now close the points gap is another question. Ricciardo will be very drunk tonight I think lol.

Bad crash at the end, hope they are not too bruised. :)

AndyL
8th June 2014, 22:45
Rosberg didnt get lucky really. He drove amazingly around his problem like Schumi in Spain 95? or Mercedes turned his engine up a bit after Hamilton retired. Either way he did a great job.

I think he was very lucky to avoid a penalty for cutting the chicane. He clearly gained an advantage from it - he got out of DRS range as a result. In qualifying they were talking about deleting qualifying laps if someone did what Nico did on the outlap and gained more speed over the line.

But he did do a great job to manage the problem and defend his lead almost to the end.

AndyL
8th June 2014, 22:46
Starting to look like Mercedes made a mistake hiring Hamilton. They should have gone for someone less unlucky ;)

henners88
8th June 2014, 23:08
Rosberg was also very lucky Hamilton was as quick in his response as he was at the start. Nico lost it and went wide and had Lewis held his line, he would have been collected. Nico did well to get to the finish but he made more errors than he'd be happy with I am sure.

drive
8th June 2014, 23:15
lucky Rosberg, good win for Riccardio! some pictures from the race day https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.653004198108394.1073741935.128692147206271&type=3

AndyL
8th June 2014, 23:36
Max Chilton gets a 3-place grid drop for the next race. Seems a bit harsh, I mean it was his fault, but it was just a first-lap mistake, not anything crazy or reckless. They shouldn't be giving penalties for every mistake.

The Black Knight
9th June 2014, 00:08
dream on, precious...

Well Nico has had all the luck this year. Hamilton has been the better driver over the first seven races. Only finished 5 and won 4 of those. He would have won today too were it not for the braking issues. To be honest, Nico has been poxy! He should have had a 5 second penalty for cutting the chicane as he clearly gained an advantage over it. I still think the championship can be Hammy's. 12 races left and anything can happen.

steveaki13
9th June 2014, 00:34
Max Chilton gets a 3-place grid drop for the next race. Seems a bit harsh, I mean it was his fault, but it was just a first-lap mistake, not anything crazy or reckless. They shouldn't be giving penalties for every mistake.

I agree with this

Tazio
9th June 2014, 01:31
I agree with this:

Sergio Perez has been given a 5-place grid penalty for his coming together with Fast Felipe Massa in the final lap of the Canadian Grand Prix, FIA stewards have announced after the race.

The stewards found that, leading into the first left hander, Sergio Perez moved to the left off of the normal racing line. This was deemed to be the cause of the crash that sent both Fast Felipe Massa and Sergio Perez off the track, violently hitting the tyre walls.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 01:46
Well Nico has had all the luck this year. Hamilton has been the better driver over the first seven races. Only finished 5 and won 4 of those. He would have won today too were it not for the braking issues. To be honest, Nico has been poxy! He should have had a 5 second penalty for cutting the chicane as he clearly gained an advantage over it. I still think the championship can be Hammy's. 12 races left and anything can happen.

Isn't that an awfully convenient excuse? Vettel only won his titles because he had all the luck, not counting that he couldn't buy a break this year if it came a dozen for a sixpence? Didn't Danny win because he had all the luck today? He was slower than his team mate for most of the race yet finished two places ahead of him. These things happen.

rjbetty
9th June 2014, 02:28
dream on, precious...

I think you need to be called out for this dj. All season, you´ve been behaving as badly as both Vettel and Mark with a bad attitude, but your tone here has taken the biscuit a bit, and I have to say, having accused me of being a hater, YOU are the real hater here.

rjbetty
9th June 2014, 02:33

Reading through this thread (having gotten in from work, missing the race), I assume this is regarding Hamilton's retirement.

And you called me a schadenfruede hater? Are you some sort of hypocrite dude? *smh*

Rollo
9th June 2014, 03:03
Just like supporting Collingwood, eating pop-tarts and Mark Webber, Daniel has proved this weekend that although some things are fine (if you like that sort of thing) better things come along.

Doc Austin
9th June 2014, 03:10
I wonder how much Marko will complain about the Renault engines this week.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 04:05
Reading through this thread (having gotten in from work, missing the race), I assume this is regarding Hamilton's retirement.

And you called me a schadenfruede hater? Are you some sort of hypocrite dude? *smh*

Well, its sad that it takes a double DNF for at least *some* variety. Last year at this time we had four winners from four different teams. This year we had to from a single team before the race.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 04:06
I wonder how much Marko will complain about the Renault engines this week.

More than ever. Both RB's could have been in front of ROS if they could have matched the FI's top speed.

Whyzars
9th June 2014, 04:36
I agree with this:

I don't.

They've both lost out so why not leave it at that. This makes it look like 100% Perez and I don't buy it.

I've only seen the footage that was broadcast with the race but I'm a bit uncomfortable with Perez copping 5 places. Surely leading cars should get some benefit of the doubt because they are defending a position.

Massa was behind Perez and could've decided at any time to back off.

I could see a penalty if Perez had been weaving down the straight. At this point I am seeing that Massa was overly ambitious and a "no further action" would've been appropriate.

For whatever reason the 2014 cars were overrunning that corner - maybe the DRS should be outed instead...

Tazio
9th June 2014, 05:27
I don't.

They've both lost out so why not leave it at that. This makes it look like 100% Perez and I don't buy it.

I've only seen the footage that was broadcast with the race but I'm a bit uncomfortable with Perez copping 5 places. Surely leading cars should get some benefit of the doubt because they are defending a position.

Massa was behind Perez and could've decided at any time to back off.

I could see a penalty if Perez had been weaving down the straight. At this point I am seeing that Massa was overly ambitious and a "no further action" would've been appropriate.

For whatever reason the 2014 cars were overrunning that corner - maybe the DRS should be outed instead...
I think maybe you didn't see it, but Perez clearly cut across Massa and caused the crash, Vettel in front of the two was on the racing line, Perez was all over the circuit!

Felipe doesn't think it's enough, but I think changing your line suddenly at 300km/h and causing a collision deserves precisely 5 spots!!

"They have rules for every accident and the positions, but for me it's not enough. What can I say? We were doing 300km/h, and if you do that on 300km/h and you have another car in front it could be a very serious accident. It's dangerous, you know. For me five places is not enough, but he was dangerous and it could have been worse."

Warriwa
9th June 2014, 05:50
I think you need to be called out for this dj. All season, you´ve been behaving as badly as both Vettel and Mark with a bad attitude, but your tone here has taken the biscuit a bit, and I have to say, having accused me of being a hater, YOU are the real hater here.

dj_bytedisaster's tone is always negative and bias. Before the season he/she called me a fool because I held the opinion that Alonso would make Kimi look bad. The moderators deleted the comments. If you say something he/she disagrees with, be prepared for a lash out response.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 06:33

You of all people berating me? You've missed your call as a comedian...

The Black Knight
9th June 2014, 06:38
Isn't that an awfully convenient excuse? Vettel only won his titles because he had all the luck, not counting that he couldn't buy a break this year if it came a dozen for a sixpence? Didn't Danny win because he had all the luck today? He was slower than his team mate for most of the race yet finished two places ahead of him. These things happen.

Not convenient at all. Just like it wasn't convenient that Nico cheated in Monaco to get pole position. Guess we'll see if Lady Luck. Turns Hammy's way for a change in the remaining races :)

airshifter
9th June 2014, 06:41
Great racing overall, though if not for the issues Mercedes would have easily stayed at the top with both cars. If not for the late accident, the top 8 cars would have all been within a few seconds of the lead.

I think Mercedes and Nico did a good job to finish 2nd. I'm wondering if the radio call a few laps before Hamiltons failure was an indication they saw the problem coming.... Nico had questioned where Lewis had his brake bias. In either case they both did well to apply damage control, and with changes to the driving style and bias, Nico was still fastest in the first couple of sectors, and only losing ground on the long straights.

Though the chicane incident wouldn't have mattered in the long run, the call was a tough one for the stewards. I personally think Nico would have had Lewis covered anyway, but he did gain enough time to toss Lewis out of DRS range until he caught up again. I would think at a minimum if timing can show that a driver gains .XX seconds advantage then they should give it back, as it is still gaining advantage.

I still haven't figured out how Jenson finished so well. They hardly showed him during the race. The last I recall, he was 2 or 3 positions back from where he finished, and the coverage decided never to show how he got past Fred and the Hulk. Still a good finish for a ghost. :)

Gutted for both Felipe and Sergio. From the start of his charge with the fast laps, I was hoping Felipe could fight his way onto the podium. I was also hoping Perez could at least hold on to a 3rd or 4th place finish. I think the penalty against Perez is harsh. Having watched the replay several times Sergio did move under braking, but at the same time Felipe came into the corner way too hot, and I don't think he had any chance of making the corner on track. Both Perez and Vettel brakes at about the same point, and it appeared that Sergio was looking at a tighter line for a possible shot back at Vettel. In either case it appeared to me that Felipe had essentially never braked, nor changed direction. How that equates to the other (and ahead) drivers fault I don't get. Sebastian was the luckiest guy on track during that incident, and somehow drove right through both of them.

Great to see Ricciardo on the top step of the podium. He still seemed to be in shock and at a loss for words. He's been driving strong all year, so good on him.

As for the forum hater, I'm going to use the ignore function. There isn't enough time to deal with morons on a regular basis. From the comments of others that seem to see the same trend, the use of ignore by all might mean the heater no longer has anyone to try to bait.

Tazio
9th June 2014, 06:55
I held the opinion that Alonso would make Kimi look bad.
Me too dawg!

Kimi will not be Ferraris salvation if not the car is up to it. But, he will be better than Alonso for the team as it evident in long and short term..

I hope that all understand that it is my fear that Fred will try to make Kimi his lapdog and take the team with him in that mission. I hope that the team gives both equal material (and no multi 21 thanks), then next year will be fun.

Having fun yet Mia?
It appears that Kimi is perfectly capable of making himself Fred's lapdog :confused:

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 07:54
Not convenient at all. Just like it wasn't convenient that Nico cheated in Monaco to get pole position. Guess we'll see if Lady Luck. Turns Hammy's way for a change in the remaining races :)

The Stewards at Monaco said it was a driving error. Cheating implies deliberate action.

journeyman racer
9th June 2014, 08:14
Culturally, socially, I thought Germans had lightened up in the last 10 years or so. I remember watching a lot of fluffy, positive pieces in the lead up to every game during the 06 World Cup coverage. Apparently, this doesn't seem to be the case :spin:

journeyman racer
9th June 2014, 08:22
The race finished round about 6am down here, and that's when the morning breakfast radio shows start. The guys of the station that I was listening to were obviously then talking about it. Then one guy sms in saying that Ricciardo's win might be taken away from him due to fuel flow issues. They guy was just mucking around, but one of the hosts took the bait and got really wound up about it! That was a pisser! :D

Tazio
9th June 2014, 08:22
The Stewards at Monaco said it was a driving error. Cheating implies deliberate action.

Fair point dj.

rjbetty
9th June 2014, 08:30
You of all people berating me? You've missed your call as a comedian...

Yeah I'm just trying to cheer you up a bit, cos I know you must be howling in agony at how your favourite drivers are doing this season. (lol)

dream on, precious...

Well Nico has had all the luck this year. Hamilton has been the better driver over the first seven races. Only finished 5 and won 4 of those. He would have won today too were it not for the braking issues.

Yeah, I'm concerned that it may be like 2012 where Schumacher got all the bad luck, not Rosberg, then people were saying the points gap between them was a true picture, when I think that really Michael should have been ahead.

I don't want it to happen that way again, and Lewis get pipped only through unreliability etc.

henners88
9th June 2014, 08:54
You could always rise above the individuals that wound you up last season rather than joining them and in many cases, taking it a lot further than what was done to you.

You of all people should understand the position the Merc drivers are in with a car advantage and the fact you cheered a driver retirement reminds me of how annoyed you were last year when somebody hoped the same for Vettel.

The Black Knight
9th June 2014, 09:36

And I have no doubt the stewards are wrong in this case just like they have been in many other. I am actually still fierce disappointed with Rosberg over that incident. Couldn't beat Hamm in a straight fight and he knew it so he cheated. Rosberg locked up a lit worse at Mirabeau many times throughout the race and managed to make that corner. It was clearly deliberate. He was even turning the steering wheel around before the lock up lol another unbelievably silly stewards decision. They bowed to pressure there. If it were a genuine mistake Hammy wouldn't have been so pissed over it after looking at the telemetry that evening. He still was though...

AndyL
9th June 2014, 12:51
I still haven't figured out how Jenson finished so well. They hardly showed him during the race. The last I recall, he was 2 or 3 positions back from where he finished, and the coverage decided never to show how he got past Fred and the Hulk. Still a good finish for a ghost. :)

Yes don't know why they didn't show a replay of it on TV. My guess would be Alonso had a go at Hulk at the hairpin, pushed them both wide and Jenson said thank you very much :)

The McLaren had great pace on the prime tyre, after being rubbish on the option. Button spent a large part of the second half of the race as the fastest man on track and crossed some big gaps to the groups ahead (helped by guys like Hulkenberg having to conserve tyres). Magnussen had some decent speed too when he wasn't having problems with traffic. They seem to have this tiny performance window - when the track and conditions are right, the car looks pretty good, the rest of the time it's slow. Low grip conditions seem to favour them - could be worth a punt at Hungaroring or Singapore.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 17:39
You could always rise above the individuals that wound you up last season rather than joining them and in many cases, taking it a lot further than what was done to you.

You of all people should understand the position the Merc drivers are in with a car advantage and the fact you cheered a driver retirement reminds me of how annoyed you were last year when somebody hoped the same for Vettel.

There is a difference. Last year people were hoping for Vettel to retire, because they just hated him personally. I was hoping for the Mercs to retire so that we would get to see just something different. In fact I was hoping for Massa to win. That Martini gear on the top step would have been epic. So far Merc had won each and every qualifying and each and every race. RB never suffocated F1 like that, not even in 2011 and 2013. Last year, which was arguably the most dominant RB ever had, we had 4 different winners from four teams at this time. This year is worse on so many levels as there is simply no competition. Not even Webber could finish worse than second in the Merc if it holds together. We saw two Merc DNF's this year. Apart from that the car has never finished anything worse than 2nd. That's 1988 all over again.

henners88
9th June 2014, 17:54
People were not hoping Vettel would retire because they hated him, how ridiculous. It's the exact same scenario but you are on the other end of it this year and it's simply double standards.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 20:14
People were not hoping Vettel would retire because they hated him, how ridiculous. It's the exact same scenario but you are on the other end of it this year and it's simply double standards.

Erm, I suggest looking for posts of one 'truefan<somenumber>" and Garry Walker. That'll show you that your reply is wrong. There were a lot of posts last year that were just fuelled by pure hatred.

steveaki13
9th June 2014, 20:16
fact you cheered a driver retirement reminds me of how annoyed you were last year when somebody hoped the same for Vettel.

Spot on. Its true. Sorry Dj, but you did really hate us hoping Vettel retired.

steveaki13
9th June 2014, 20:31
There is a difference. Last year people were hoping for Vettel to retire, because they just hated him personally. .

I cant agree with any of this. Not many if anyone hates Vettel here and I suspect you don't hate Hamilton. If you do then thats really sad.

People just got fed up with Vettel winning 9 in a row or whatever it was.

Thus this year is better than the second half of last season, because we actually have two drivers going for the title.

I think most Hamilton fans have welcomed Rosbergs challenge and want to see better racing.

I also don't get why rjbetty is singled out really, I have had many discussions with him and he is a nice guy.

I agree with some things you say on things, I just do not like your tone alot of the time.

veeten
9th June 2014, 21:22
or, as a comparison to a certain 7-time champion, also German, where the latter three seasons of his run folks were hoping for a failure during the races just to make those seasons a little more 'interesting'.

The difference here is that the team isn't 'all-in' for Vettel(this season, at least), as it seems that Ricciardo has mastered the chassis better. The Canadian GP gave us the opportunity to see him finalize that. And with the Austrian GP coming up next, on RBR's 'home soil', a 1-2 would delight the Materschitz family immensely. The question of the final lap being Daniel-Sebastian, or Sebastian-Daniel, is up to the drivers.

rjbetty
9th June 2014, 21:26
Ok, just read through the thread properly now and got a bit more context.

Mercedes - To be fair to Rosberg, he was better than I expected on Lewis' track, close enough to capitalise on a not-perfect weekend for Hamilton. But I think Hmilton had a little more raw pace, but much more misfortune again. It is looking a bit like 2012 when Schumacher had every thing go wrong.

Ferrari - Oh dear, so much for the upgrade.

Red Bull - Vettel getting on terms with Ricciardo, but Dan certainly surprised me this whole year.

Lotus - Poor track for them, but I still believe that car has basic pace locked in.

McLaren - They have to be getting stuffed by Mercedes to be so slow? This was a good weekend for them. I think their problems are getting more permanent and can only change if Honda money signs good people.

Force India - Just get better every year. Perez is shining against Hulk, but I wonder how much is due to being lighter in 2014. Feared it could be like this...

Toro Rosso - JEV has had everything go wrong, but nice to see him actually finish.

Sauber - Shocking. Really look to be around Jordan 2004 levels now...

Marusia - Oh dear

Caterham - Even more oh dear, don't look remotely like threatening to becompetitive.

No I don't hate Vettel personally, though I don't really like 2 faced people. I feel like he's duped me by acting nice and I don't know what is sincere and what's not. However as I driver I think I have given him due respect but I still don't think he'd really be beating Dan much if everything went his way as in other seasons.

I respect drivers who don't need to resort to underhand trickery, but rather crave pure competition. This was one of the main reasons I liked Fisi. He could have finished Button in 2001 and his career would have been over there and then, no 2009 champ, nothing. Hamilton is probably better in this regard than most. I feel when drivers have to get all slimy, they are in a way admitting they aren't as good.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 22:10
Spot on. Its true. Sorry Dj, but you did really hate us hoping Vettel retired.

you lot hoped a certain driver retired, not a car. I remember people being quite ok with Mark finishing despite having the same dominant car. That's not the same

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2014, 22:17
I cant agree with any of this. Not many if anyone hates Vettel here and I suspect you don't hate Hamilton. If you do then thats really sad.

No I don't hate Lewis, although I don't have much respect for him either. His Monaco antics pretty much proved that he's a complete idiot.

People just got fed up with Vettel winning 9 in a row or whatever it was.

People should have been fed up with everyone giving up after Silverstone or Mark being utter shit. Vettel was just doing what he is paid for.

Thus this year is better than the second half of last season, because we actually have two drivers going for the title.

Again. It's not Vettel's fault that Mark was inept.

I think most Hamilton fans have welcomed Rosbergs challenge and want to see better racing.

You must have missed the internet the last few weeks. The Hamilton fans come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories and diatribes because that fucking kraut dares to beat god. Just read the BBC comment section or the guardian or the Daily Fail or any other British rag's website...

Koz
9th June 2014, 22:20
you lot hoped a certain driver retired, not a car. I remember people being quite ok with Mark finishing despite having the same dominant car. That's not the same

I thought that would be obvious?
Mark was a burnt out shell of what he once may have been.
For him, the super duper car, just made him look average.

henners88
9th June 2014, 23:06
So DJ you are having a go at Hamilton fans here because of comments you've read on the BBC and daily mail comments section?!! Is that how you put Hamilton fans into context? I highly doubt true f1 fans even contribute on sites like that so how about we discuss what is relevant on this forum rather than elsewhere. I've seen it all now lol

rjbetty
9th June 2014, 23:51
No I don't hate Lewis, although I don't have much respect for him either. His Monaco antics pretty much proved that he's a complete idiot.

But you're ok with the way Vettel behaves? To be honest, I would find it hard not to be upset and feel cheated if it looked like my team-mate did a dirty thing. I don't really see much dis-similarity between Schumacher's off in 2006. There was no proof Schumacher did it on purpose either, so he shouldn't have been penalised.

People should have been fed up with everyone giving up after Silverstone or Mark being utter shit. Vettel was just doing what he is paid for.

If Mark was that, then what has Seb been this year?

Again. It's not Vettel's fault that Mark was inept.

You say Vettel hasn't had a clean race this year. Mark didn't get one very often, and especially when he looked quick. It's just about being fair.

You must have missed the internet the last few weeks. The Hamilton fans come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories and diatribes because that fucking kraut dares to beat god. Just read the BBC comment section or the guardian or the Daily Fail or any other British rag's website...

I don't have a problem with Rosberg beating Hamilton fair and square, as he did in Monaco 2013. But Rosberg has only been able to have any success this year when something has gone wrong for Lewis. The few times something has gone wrong for Nico, he looked behind Lewis anyway.

It is not unreasonable to suggest he may have parked on purpose. It's all very convenient and there is a lot of evidence to suggest this. I still need an explanation for that sawing at the wheel. If it was not to destabilise the car, why did he do it?

I don't hate Germans btw - I was a supporter of Michael Schumacher, and rooted for him every race in his comeback (which incidentally looks a bit better given how well Nico is doing these days).

steveaki13
10th June 2014, 00:18

but he was pants. :p We felt sorry for him.

dj_bytedisaster
10th June 2014, 00:54
But you're ok with the way Vettel behaves? To be honest, I would find it hard not to be upset and feel cheated if it looked like my team-mate did a dirty thing. I don't really see much dis-similarity between Schumacher's off in 2006. There was no proof Schumacher did it on purpose either, so he shouldn't have been penalised.

I suggest you read this : Ranting Hippo Honoris Causa: Vettel’s German post-race interview (http://thejudge13.com/#Vettel%20German%20post-race%20interview). Tells you a lot how Vettel behaves. Compare that to the soap opera we saw in Monaco.

If Mark was that, then what has Seb been this year?

Seb had exactly two races this year in which his car worked properly. In both he finished on the podium.

You say Vettel hasn't had a clean race this year. Mark didn't get one very often, and especially when he looked quick. It's just about being fair.

Mark and Seb ran together from 2009 to 2013. Check the races and you'll find out that they've been 50:50 in terms of 'luck'. In fact Mark had two race-ending DNF's less than Vettel and Seb was usually leading when his car conked out.

I don't have a problem with Rosberg beating Hamilton fair and square, as he did in Monaco 2013. But Rosberg has only been able to have any success this year when something has gone wrong for Lewis. The few times something has gone wrong for Nico, he looked behind Lewis anyway.

If Rosberg would defend as brutally as Lewis did in Bahrai, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

It is not unreasonable to suggest he may have parked on purpose. It's all very convenient and there is a lot of evidence to suggest this. I still need an explanation for that sawing at the wheel. If it was not to destabilise the car, why did he do it?

Three stewards disagree with you. As for the 'sawing' - forcing the car into a sinuous line extends the way it travels - hence more distance to slow down. Could it be that Nico actually tried to make the corner? Of course that would't fit too well with your pet conspiracy theory, so lets just forget it...

[

henners88
10th June 2014, 08:03
I suggest DJ you look at how Rosberg defended in 2012 against Alonso and Hamilton at the same track (Sakhir). Both times he also pushed them off the track and I don't remember much of a fuss being made. It's recent history and you really should have remembered it. Just for reference and if you can't see it, at least others in this silly discussion will see how one sided you've been here lol

http://youtu.be/iWhombBltrI

N. Jones
10th June 2014, 14:55
The drivers can act however they want as far as I'm concerned. They make millions, I make less that 100k.

Tazio
10th June 2014, 16:33
I make less that 100k.
You get paid in kiełbasa :confused:

Bagwan
10th June 2014, 16:48
The drivers can act however they want as far as I'm concerned. They make millions, I make less that 100k.

The teams think a little differently , though .

But , there are some differing policies in that regard in the paddock .

The best example of which I can think is Hamilton having a "handler" for the press interviews in his latter days at Mac , and his now seemingly free-rein at Merc in that regard .

I much prefer the Merc way , of dealing with the aftermath of a boner comment , instead of sewing lips shut .

henners88
10th June 2014, 19:13
I don't think Merc have been particularly professional in the last two races though particularly Wolf and Lauda. Lauda leaked info on a private conversation after Monaco with Lewis and Wolf suggested things were not so great behind the scenes despite what the drivers say. That does seem honest, but I feel they are going after the publicity rather than tackling the potential for team harmony to be ruined. They should learn from McLaren in '07 as they did similar things playing drivers off against each other. It's not the most professional approach IMO.

N. Jones
10th June 2014, 19:17
You get paid in kiełbasa :confused:

No, it's mostly in bullsh**. :D

N. Jones
10th June 2014, 19:19
The teams think a little differently , though .

But , there are some differing policies in that regard in the paddock .

The best example of which I can think is Hamilton having a "handler" for the press interviews in his latter days at Mac , and his now seemingly free-rein at Merc in that regard .

I much prefer the Merc way , of dealing with the aftermath of a boner comment , instead of sewing lips shut .

I just don't care what the drivers say. People are allowed to say whatever they want; they are not free of the consequences of what they say.

MacFeegle
10th June 2014, 21:11
I just don't care what the drivers say. People are allowed to say whatever they want; they are not free of the consequences of what they say.

Concur Mr N.

I no hear any pilot say any bad about a other pilot so no understand venom from members here. Some members just like drama actors looking for attention.

Sometimes pilot say something interesting and add spice but no bad. Just expressing frustration. Me no understand how members get excited. Maybe some members still in pre man stage :D

dj_bytedisaster
11th June 2014, 01:39
I don't think Merc have been particularly professional in the last two races though particularly Wolf and Lauda. Lauda leaked info on a private conversation after Monaco with Lewis and Wolf suggested things were not so great behind the scenes despite what the drivers say. That does seem honest, but I feel they are going after the publicity rather than tackling the potential for team harmony to be ruined. They should learn from McLaren in '07 as they did similar things playing drivers off against each other. It's not the most professional approach IMO.

Their German language interviews are much less likely to cause red alert on on the bullshit-detector. Wolff has been admitting more than once that they are rather interested in playing up the rivalry between Lewis and Nico, because they fear the same backlash that RB has faced in recent years. Having a dominant car makes a lot of people hate you.

Sent from my keyboard using my fingers.

Tazio
11th June 2014, 03:56
I find that a little odd because Mercedes has a fan base of Mercedes owners, and I really can't see them lacking for fan support. Not a whole lot of folks drive Red Bull sedans, and that may well be the distinction. People are not going to stop buying Mercedes because they have a kick-ass F1 team, and I doubt if they will stop buying Petronas petroleum products. Then again I don't care to "hate" teams, I just like some more than others. I don't drink Red Bull, but it has nothing to do with their f1 team. In fact it would never even cross my mind that Infinity is an advertising partner with RB when making a decision about purchasing one or not. Just my two cents bro.

dj_bytedisaster
11th June 2014, 04:59
Mercedes as an F1 team is not very popular in Germany, because they are about as German as as having the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. They are just Brawn with a fancy paint job. And there are other things, too. First of all they out-spent everyone so badly they ended up neglecting their DTM program, which is what the real fanbase is actually looking at. Since summer last year they've been anally violated by Audi and BMW in DTM because they poured all their money into sucking the life out of F1 even worse than Red Bull or Ferrari in the early 2000s ever did. They need to hype the fight between Nico and Lewis, else their fanbase is going to become restless. Winning by huge technological advatage isn't very popular among their usual clientele due to 1954 and 1955.

driveace
11th June 2014, 20:23
But the make and the fans worldwide of the Marque and the F1 team is phenomenal !
How many world leaders travel by a MB ?

rjbetty
12th June 2014, 07:56
I need to reply to this as it's only fair.

I suggest you read this : Ranting Hippo Honoris Causa: Vettel’s German post-race interview (http://thejudge13.com/#Vettel%20German%20post-race%20interview). Tells you a lot how Vettel behaves. Compare that to the soap opera we saw in Monaco.

Why is it ok for Gilles Villeneuve to find it hard to smile after Imola '82 but not for Lewis when he felt cheated? He wasn't plucking a conspiracy from thin air - he did have good reasons to think this way. I don't think it's fair to call it a soap opera. I felt he was very restrained about it.

As for Vettel, that was actually good to read, and I hope it is sincere. The only problem I honestly don't know with Seb anymore. To be truthful, I feel a little... resentment as I feel maybe he's pulled the wool over my eyes - duped me - somewhat, as it has been revealed he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm kind of ok with wolves as I accept that's the way things are in life, though I don't have to like it. It's just when a wolf then cries and feels hard done by for being called out as one, and wants to be loved as a sheep, even though they still want to do all the things wolves do and are planning their next victim to devour, and will do so with an insolent "yeah so what" attitude. Again, fine but I don't have to like it.

At the moment, I feel I need to rebuild trust in Seb as right now I honestly don't know what's sincere and what's an act... :(

Seb had exactly two races this year in which his car worked properly. In both he finished on the podium.

That's good, but I think his fans should not deny Ricciardo was quite a bit faster in China and Bahrain in particular. I never saw you take into account Mark's problems this way. No, it was always Seb is SO much better.

Mark and Seb ran together from 2009 to 2013. Check the races and you'll find out that they've been 50:50 in terms of 'luck'. In fact Mark had two race-ending DNF's less than Vettel and Seb was usually leading when his car conked out.

That's true, but I think people are suspicious Webber had lots of non-race-ending problems mostly when he was challenging Seb. It's not for no reason at all people might think that. I personally didn't like the strategy swap in Japan last year.

If Rosberg would defend as brutally as Lewis did in Bahrain, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Ok, Lewis pushed it but I want to try to be fair to all drivers, so we can say Rosberg's Canada turn 1 makes things even, just like the extra engine mode was carried out by Rosberg in Bahrain, not just Lewis in Barcelona. So now even.

Three stewards disagree with you. As for the 'sawing' - forcing the car into a sinuous line extends the way it travels - hence more distance to slow down. Could it be that Nico actually tried to make the corner? Of course that would't fit too well with your pet conspiracy theory, so lets just forget it...

I don't know how much store to set by Stewards, given they've made some decisions over the years widely regarded as outrageous, such as Bourdais Japan 2008, Hamilton Spa 2008 etc. I don't like how Warwick brusquely brushed the issue under the carpet and barked for Lewis to "man up" while simply wanting to avoid further probing. Maybe Gilles should have done the same, but then he was a man of honour...

airshifter
12th June 2014, 08:11
As for Vettel, that was actually good to read, and I hope it is sincere. The only problem I honestly don't know with Seb anymore. To be truthful, I feel a little... resentment as I feel maybe he's pulled the wool over my eyes - duped me - somewhat, as it has been revealed he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm kind of ok with wolves as I accept that's the way things are in life, though I don't have to like it. It's just when a wolf then cries and feels hard done by for being called out as one, and wants to be loved as a sheep, even though they still want to do all the things wolves do and are planning their next victim to devour, and will do so with an insolent "yeah so what" attitude. Again, fine but I don't have to like it.

At the moment, I feel I need to rebuild trust in Seb as right now I honestly don't know what's sincere and what's an act... :(

Well if you want to know the real Sebastian Vettel.....
...... to quote Seb himself... "TOUGH LUCK!" :laugh:

I do agree with you though, he and others like to play both sides of the coin at times, playing victim but seemingly enjoying it when someone else is the victim. Though I will give him credit that he has been quick to give Ricciardo credit as is due, and that must suck after being the team leader for years.

And personally I don't think the car changes are what are catching Seb out. He's smart enough to adapt, he proved taht by adapting his style so well to the high downforce car. I think it's just that Daniel is quicker than most of us expected, and that his arrival on the team is showing how often Webber just sucked during the race.

dj_bytedisaster
12th June 2014, 08:52
I do agree with you though, he and others like to play both sides of the coin at times, playing victim but seemingly enjoying it when someone else is the victim. Though I will give him credit that he has been quick to give Ricciardo credit as is due, and that must suck after being the team leader for years.

To quote Rjbetty and his wool-over-eyes line. The one, who pulled wool over people's eyes was Mark Webber, not Vettel. Mark played the straight-and-honest guy, when in the background he had a veritable media-manipulation industry going on, mainly driven by his girlfried, who also happened to be his manager, spokeperson (and dominatrix I presume).
Best example is 'Wing Gate'. He sold the whole world the sob story how the nefarious types at RB took away his precious new wing to give it to the evil German, when in reality the swap was done, because Webber had told the engineers that he didn't feel it was an improvement as it played too much into Vettel's preferred driving style. So they gave each driver the wing he felt comfortable with and in Mark's case that was the old one. And as far as I remember he won with it. His acted upset in the presser is cringeworthy at best.

It's that sort of behaviour which made them hate each other. Mark was past his prime and tried to make up for it by playing dirty. Dan doesn't need to do so and that's why they get along quite fine. I've met Vettel twice and I cannot imagine how you cannot get along with him. You'd have to be a grade A arsehole.

And personally I don't think the car changes are what are catching Seb out. He's smart enough to adapt, he proved taht by adapting his style so well to the high downforce car. I think it's just that Daniel is quicker than most of us expected, and that his arrival on the team is showing how often Webber just sucked during the race.

Vettel crafted a counter-intuitive driving style for five years. It's not something you unlearn in two weeks, especially since he has a fraction of the track time that Ricciardo has had. He had almost all mechanicals. Had a lot less running in winter and Danny got both testing days after Bahrain. Until the Barcelona test Vettel has hardly had any track time. Incidentally since Barcelona he seems to get to grips with the car.
Make no mistake, Danny is definitely a lot quicker than Mark. But whenever Vettels car works, he ends up being quicker. That has happened twice - in Malaysia and Canada. In Malaysia he was ahead and in Canada he would have been. Marko admitted that the team lost him the place to Dan by calling him in early and miscalculating the GPS data, which got Vettel stuck behind Perez, while Dan had clean air for his inlap.
So in essence, Dan has been made to look a little better by Vettels problems and Vettel is not quite as slow as the numbers suggest. It's just that his car finds itself quite tasty and noms its innards constantly.

henners88
12th June 2014, 10:27
To quote Rjbetty and his wool-over-eyes line. The one, who pulled wool over people's eyes was Mark Webber, not Vettel. Mark played the straight-and-honest guy, when in the background he had a veritable media-manipulation industry going on, mainly driven by his girlfried, who also happened to be his manager, spokeperson (and dominatrix I presume).
Best example is 'Wing Gate'. He sold the whole world the sob story how the nefarious types at RB took away his precious new wing to give it to the evil German, when in reality the swap was done, because Webber had told the engineers that he didn't feel it was an improvement as it played too much into Vettel's preferred driving style. So they gave each driver the wing he felt comfortable with and in Mark's case that was the old one. And as far as I remember he won with it. His acted upset in the presser is cringeworthy at best.

It's that sort of behaviour which made them hate each other. Mark was past his prime and tried to make up for it by playing dirty. Dan doesn't need to do so and that's why they get along quite fine. I've met Vettel twice and I cannot imagine how you cannot get along with him. You'd have to be a grade A arsehole.
Red Bull were not exactly clean with their politics involving Mark before Silverstone 2010 though were they? Only a couple of races before in Turkey they gave their drivers different instructions in regards to engine modes which allowed Vettel to close the gap to Webber when Mark had been assured his team mate had been told not to overtake. When Vettel made an absolute pigs ear of overtaking and crashing into his team mate, Helmut and Horner made comments in the press backing Vettel when the world and his dog could see Seb was responsible for causing the collision! Webber headed to Silverstone with not the best relationship with the team after they'd been forced by media pressure to go into damage limitation mode and admitting Mark hadn't caused the Turkey crash after all. The mess was badly managed and Webber found himself in a team that pushed all their emotional support behind Vettel. I don't blame him for a second for playing the political game when it was clear the team hadn't got the first clue how to treat their drivers equally. It was ridiculous by all parties and not as clear cut as a driver simply attempting to manipulate the media DJ. We all have memories and Mark showed he was no push over and could handle himself.

jens
12th June 2014, 10:38
I am not trying to deepen what are you all trying to discuss about here, but some of it seems wildly off-topic.

About the race. An awesome race, no less. During the whole second half of the race you didn't know, what was going to happen. Rosberg or Hamilton, who wins? Oh, neither? Pérez wins? Rosberg still holds on? Red Bull waits until the first two drop off? Massa wins? No, Ricciardo wins!

Sad for Pérez. A strangely mercurial driver. Quite often nowhere and making mistakes, but sometimes fights right at the sharp end of the field, like in the Sauber.

Glad for Ricciardo. A very good driver, so far very consistent and mistake-free. And needless to add, an awesome personality too. Despite there being a very strong in-team competition at Red Bull, the overall athmosphere seems fine (and competitive).

driveace
12th June 2014, 13:02
Thought that Vettel spent as much time as he possibly could on the simulator at the factory,and that was the reason given why he was supposedly so superior a driver to Mark .Now if he still spends the same amount of time on the simulator,which must be set up as his race car is,why are we not seeing a superior Vettel to Riccardo ?
Or did Vettel look so good this last four years,just because Marks car did not get the attention that Sebs got,and the strategies were in Sebs favor all the time? Let's hope that dirty tricks don't come into play this year to make Seb look superior to Daniel at RB

jens
12th June 2014, 13:41
Vettel has had a fair share of reliability problems this year + his speed in last three race weekends has been good. In Canada he was on course to beating Ricciardo, but was stuck behind the costly Force India train.

Oh, and Red Bull has no need to play "dirty tricks", because Ricciardo is also Red Bull "product", their junior driver. Also younger than Vettel and has a long-term future.

And the phrase "dirty tricks" is confusing and misleading. Teams don't mess with the second driver just for the fun of it, because that never makes sense. It is the matter of allocation of resources, since resources are always limited. If you have your utmost belief in your #1 driver that he can deliver, and is superior to #2, you'll give more resources to his support, which conversely means #2 indeed could face more problems and issues while competing, because he is taken less care of... for practical reasons. Simple logic.

rjbetty
12th June 2014, 14:06
Some interesting views here.

Well it seems to me, like Kimi, Vettel hasn't been at his best recently, certainly not on the form of last year. So Ricciardo isn't beating a 2013 Seb just as Hamilton didn't beat a 2006 Alonso.

But I agree that Dan has surprised me as well with his form this year. I thought he may do this on his best days, but he's doing it all the time so far. His consistency to me shows it's him being strong rather than just Vettel being weaker.

Webber
It may surprise you to find I actually largely agree about Webber. He does know how to play the media, which I've been aware of since 2004 really when Christian Klien was signed. It's just that as the season started, he basically said "Hey this kid's actually pretty good". Martin Brundle called Webber out as just saying that to cover himself in case Klien got close to him/outqualified him.

But I really noticed it big-time thru 2005 at Williams. I was disappointed tbh as he appeared to sulk at the way Heidfeld was bagging loads of points and he wasn't. He took several opportunities to take digs at Heidfeld, which didn't impress me. Saying stuff like "He just sits around whereas I go for it" and pointing out he mashed him in qualifying "He did me twice all year fair and square".

I thought Heidfeld did a grand job in 2005 and I rooted for him, so wasn't impressed with Webber sulking like that. I also feel that maybe he concentrated all his effort on qualifying, so as to show the media "look look I'm faster than him", (as he was very aware the public and media perception is heavily based on qualifying) but then not liking it that because he put his eggs in the Saturday basket, meaning none for Sunday, then seeming to feel it unfair when Heidfeld outperformed him the next day, which he usually did.

This was summed up at Monaco where Webber finally scored his first ever podium finish. It was a long time coming so I was expecting Mark to be really pleased about it in the press conference, but to my disappointment he was miserable and grumpy. Why? Because Heidfeld was 2nd! Yes it's true that Mark missed out on 2nd, but he never seemed to give Heidfeld credit where it was due AFAIR. I agree with F1 rejects that Heidfeld probably schooled Webber when he overtook Alonso's struggling Renault for 2nd. Probably, Mark also got through because he saw how it was done by Nick and was then able to apply it himself.

I have no doubt that Heidfeld would have finished ahead in the WDC had it not been for missing the final third of the season through injury (or whatever it was), so Mark dodged a bullet there.

Ann Neal
On the flip side, I don't have much problem with Ann Neal though. I agree with Henners that Red Bull "started it first". James Allen posted an article about Webber's first win at Nurburgring 2009. It was an amazing moment for Mark - finally, such a long time coming! He can return to the garage and the team can celebrate their 1-2 with gusto. But what's this? In the garage, the Red Bull team are very sombre indeed, like something terrible has happened. The management looked deeply troubled and gravely unhappy. The story was that a team member eventually said to Ann Neal "Isn't it great that Mark won" to which she replied (all these are paraphrased from memory btw) "Thank you, it's nice that someone thinks so". She seemed probably more offended and upset than Mark himself about the way he was treated that day.

In light of that, I don't really blame her much, even if everything said about her was true, including the dominatrix bit. I actually think she seems like a very supportive wife (gf?)

Disgusting favouritism was rife well before 2010.

But whenever Vettels car works, he ends up being quicker. That has happened twice - in Malaysia and Canada. In Malaysia he was ahead and in Canada he would have been.

Hmmm ok, but this then also applies to Mark many times. Can't have it both ways man.

So in essence, Dan has been made to look a little better by Vettels problems and Vettel is not quite as slow as the numbers suggest.

I'm ok with that and fully agree Seb looks worse than he is at the moment, though I think simply putting Dan's advantage in China and Bahrain, plus his gap in Spain, down to only problems, as though Vettel would have beaten him every time, does Dan a dis-service here.

TheFamousEccles
13th June 2014, 01:25
DJ, you are full of shit. Seriously, you bang on ad nauseum about "haters" who dare voice an opinion on Vettel - often in the most strident and rudely condescending manner. Yet you still seem to have a giant bug up your arse about Webber, and are not shy about voicing this, again regularly in the rude,agressive and strident manner that seems to be your way.

Personally, I find this dismaying as often you have valid points on other topics - particularly technical, many of which I have found very illuminating - but most of the time now whenever I see your name on the most recent comments list, I wonder to myself what bile you are spouting this time!

As an apologist for SV you have no peer, as a hater of many others you are also peerless. Welcome to my ignore list.

journeyman racer
13th June 2014, 11:11
But I really noticed it big-time thru 2005 at Williams. I was disappointed tbh as he appeared to sulk at the way Heidfeld was bagging loads of points and he wasn't. He took several opportunities to take digs at Heidfeld, which didn't impress me. Saying stuff like "He just sits around whereas I go for it" and pointing out he mashed him in qualifying "He did me twice all year fair and square".

This was summed up at Monaco where Webber finally scored his first ever podium finish. It was a long time coming so I was expecting Mark to be really pleased about it in the press conference, but to my disappointment he was miserable and grumpy. Why? Because Heidfeld was 2nd! Yes it's true that Mark missed out on 2nd, but he never seemed to give Heidfeld credit where it was due AFAIR. I agree with F1 rejects that Heidfeld probably schooled Webber when he overtook Alonso's struggling Renault for 2nd. Probably, Mark also got through because he saw how it was done by Nick and was then able to apply it himself.

I remember that race. Consider, that the races here start at 10pm. At the time, in the hour or two after the races wold finish, I would listen to the all sport radio station. You've now reminded me that back then, Mark's "unenthusiastic" emotion/reaction after the race was a topic of conversation on the radio, even more than the race itself. I remember one of the presenters feeling particularly let down or annoyed by Mark. Because like you, he was happy for Mark to finally crack a podium finish.

Mark acts like that to present an old=school image of being tough. But deep down, he's a soft****.

Whyzars
13th June 2014, 16:52
All hail Mark Webber.

Gone, but it very much appears, not forgotten.

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2014, 20:57
As an apologist for SV you have no peer, as a hater of many others you are also peerless. Welcome to my ignore list.

You're welcome...

henners88
17th June 2014, 09:30
DJ, you are full of shit. Seriously, you bang on ad nauseum about "haters" who dare voice an opinion on Vettel - often in the most strident and rudely condescending manner. Yet you still seem to have a giant bug up your arse about Webber, and are not shy about voicing this, again regularly in the rude,agressive and strident manner that seems to be your way.

Personally, I find this dismaying as often you have valid points on other topics - particularly technical, many of which I have found very illuminating - but most of the time now whenever I see your name on the most recent comments list, I wonder to myself what bile you are spouting this time!

At least I am not alone. :)

Big Ben
17th June 2014, 16:05
You're welcome...

I can't stand the way you express yourself either. Just thought you should know that. Overall, you are a negative influence around here. Tschuss :)

MacFeegle
17th June 2014, 20:23
Mr DJ make enemy lot?

Sure, he very passionate love boy but he not allowed say now?

Seem like all on his back here and that feel too much.

Hope Mr DJ happy with him self or if not, modernise his action here but is there need to all join army against him? It his choice how he debate and he has right to act with no censor. If no like him then special button.

I know censor and no like. That all.

driveace
17th June 2014, 22:03
At least I am not alone. :)

Your not !
Nobody,s view matters if you say anything about Vettel that questions his ability or actions your classed as a "hater" ,and if you support Hamilton your a "fanboy" .
DJ I really hope your comments are tempered as your getting up a lot of people,s noses !
It's generally a well run forum ,with lots of good Craic, but your comments can be very seething !

Mia 01
18th June 2014, 00:26
dj, they are gathering against us all bunch of thoose samurai and hip hop fans. But do not bother the tide is coming in!

steveaki13
18th June 2014, 00:32
dj, they are gathering against us all bunch of thoose samurai and hip hop fans. But do not bother the tide is coming in!

If I may.

I dont think people are so upset with Dj liking Seb or not liking Lewis.

Its more the attitude he shows towards others when stating these things. That would be my guess.

airshifter
18th June 2014, 05:59
If I may.

I dont think people are so upset with Dj liking Seb or not liking Lewis.

Its more the attitude he shows towards others when stating these things. That would be my guess.

I usually see through double standards fairly quick. It's amazing it's taken people this long to catch on. :laugh:

henners88
18th June 2014, 08:04
Nobody is ganging up on anybody for the driver they support. The nature of a forum like this relies on people supporting all different drivers and teams and we have good discussion as a result. Double standards and aggressive posting along with swearing and sexual references in posts tend to get up people's noses. Take it as friendly advice. There is no gang, it's just several people have formulated the same conclusion. Bye bye Canada let's have a better race next year. :)

airshifter
18th June 2014, 18:39
Nobody is ganging up on anybody for the driver they support. The nature of a forum like this relies on people supporting all different drivers and teams and we have good discussion as a result. Double standards and aggressive posting along with swearing and sexual references in posts tend to get up people's noses. Take it as friendly advice. There is no gang, it's just several people have formulated the same conclusion. Bye bye Canada let's have a better race next year. :)

And even if there was a "gang of fanboi's" how much damage could they do? :laugh:

I agree though, anyone can support any driver they wish. And there will always be things some see in a different light, but that doesn't make them wrong. But accusing anyone of being a fanboy because they support any given driver is just childish, as is anyone making exceptions for any driver they like just as childish.

As for Canada, I thought it was a great race, and other than the accident at the end it showed that there are more than a few cars and drivers now capable of a podium finish. The Merc might remain dominant, but that is nothing new in F1. The rest of them need to work harder and catch up.

dj_bytedisaster
18th June 2014, 20:54
I usually see through double standards fairly quick. It's amazing it's taken people this long to catch on. :laugh:

I suggest a visit to the double digit pages. A lot of people, who are now patronizing me, would rather wish to delete some of their own posts considering what I'm accused of. If there's a double standard around here, it's people, who want to berate me for my 'posting style' and just 12 months ago were applauding the hateful diatribes of Gary Walker and Consortas. I can't bring myself to take criticism from such people serious.

henners88
19th June 2014, 09:55
If there's a double standard around here, it's people, who want to berate me for my 'posting style' and just 12 months ago were applauding the hateful diatribes of Gary Walker and Consortas.
I do remember Gary's name being brought up by yourself when he wasn't even taking part in threads and hadn't been at that time for some weeks. A little bit like right now, see above. As an observer it became clear there was an unhealthy obsession with seeking his controversial opinions on Vettel and this was brought up after nearly every race, again by yourself. I pointed this out to you back then more than once. Its best not to look too far into the past DJ because it can come back to bite us, and I feel you'd end up being more red faced than any of us, not that you'd admit it. I'm with you though in not taking people seriously. We all have our own perceptions of one another I am sure.

Anyway this is way off topic as Jens said, food for thought and lets look forward to Austria!! :)

henners88
19th June 2014, 11:50
On more reflection DJ I think we should leave it be here. You are a good quality poster overall and although we disagree often, I respect your opinion and know (hope) neither of us take it personally. I think even though we look at this season from different angles, we both hope another team will try and challenge Mercedes. I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan asking for that and that might seem strange to some, but I like to see Lewis challenged. Thank goodness his team mate is proving himself to be as good as I have always thought him to be. I defended Rosberg a lot over the years and although I think Hamilton is the marginally better driver, Nico is bringing the fight home.

We need no breakdowns in the next race and a Ferrari and Red Bull with some added speed, lets really spice this season up!! :)