PDA

View Full Version : Its tough having a top favourite driver in F1

Eau Rouge
26th May 2014, 16:31
Its great to follow and support a driver in F1. Or perhaps a team? I generally follow the real racers like Alonso, Senna, Hamilton, Montoya. I love to watch them take no **** and give us a show. Also rather than settle for second or third go for the win. The drivers mentioned are of course just a few names.

When i saw Hamilton come on the scene I was, and still am in a way, a big supporter. Very fast and great to watch. Alonso is another. Amazing F1 driver. Montoya; never scared to challenge senior drivers and out of the car said how it was.

But all these guys are unlikeable out of the car. Hamilton turned Monaco into Moanaco (sorry for the pun). He is I think the wealthiest English sportsman right now I think. And what a job!!!! Driving an F1 car for a living, living in Monaco and rich!
I appreciate this is his job and has a chance at the title and perhaps his last? Look at Vettel. Sure his car will be sorted in the future but maybe not?

Ok rant over!

henners88
26th May 2014, 16:42
Last chance at the title? I wish I could predict he future or even suggest something like that with certainty, I'd be a rich man. Hamilton is no different to any other competitive racing driver who wants to win. If he came across as happy after Monaco, we'd have suggestions his head wasn't in F1 and he's hanging around with too many rappers! The season is still young and Lewis is driving his best ever.

Eau Rouge
26th May 2014, 18:15
i agree with what your saying. Im not predicting titles here. But as with life you generally get one shot and F1 is no different. To reach this level and be lucky enough to have a chance to win a title is what its about. So I get the tensions are high. And these guys want to win. You need to be a bastard as Lauda mentioned at the GP. But what im saying is watching these guys out of the car its hard to like them. And now they are more exposed to us mortals via social media, listening to in car radio conversations etc I think its tough for the drivers.

I will always be a fan of Lewis as he gives 100% like Alonso suppose. But Lewis is a bit of a spoilt brat and perhaps he needs to man a up a bit. I think we are in for a treat in Canada and cant wait to watch Rosberg and Lewis go head to head again. Think it will be very interesting as any problems they have off the track will be dealt with on track!!!