PDA

View Full Version : QUALI vs THE RACE

blakebeatty
15th April 2007, 05:08
Given the choice, would you rather watch qualifying or the race itself?

I think that qualifying is 10x as interesting as the race, man i love it.

ShiftingGears
15th April 2007, 05:17
The race.

jjanicke
15th April 2007, 05:52
Given the choice, would you rather watch qualifying or the race itself?

I think that qualifying is 10x as interesting as the race, man i love it.

I was just talking with a buddy how they should extend the whole qualifying process. It's so exciting to watch, that other than the start and the infrequent pass, qualy surpases the race.

On one extreme I suggest requiring the teams to qualify for the "main" (sunday) event with a driver qualy face-off, run in GP2 cars. If you don't finish in the top 20 driver during the pre-race races in GP2 cars you don't get to grid up during the race. This would allow for more than 11 or 12 teams, as is currently restricted.

Then the top 20 get into their race cars and get 1 practice session to setup for qualy. Main race qualy remains as is today and then we see the main event. That would mean practice and qualifying on Friday (in GP2 cars), race (GP2), practice and qualifying (F1) on Saturday, and main event (F1) on Sunday.

How exciting would that be?

pino
15th April 2007, 06:56
No doubt for me : the race :D

Roamy
15th April 2007, 07:08
i think they should have a 2 race qual engine and 2 race - race engine. Get rid of the fuel bullsh!t. if you smoke your qual engine you only go back two places. hour and a half any lap counts

janneppi
15th April 2007, 07:26
I'm still very much hating the current quali system, sure it's interesting if you care about backmarkers, but top guys poodle around the first two sessions and then have two fast laps no one get's to see properly. Exitement my ass.
Fit's the mood of the race though. :p :

BTCC2
15th April 2007, 08:42
It has to be the race, as exciting as this qualifying system is, you can't beat the race.

Hawkmoon
15th April 2007, 09:45
i think they should have a 2 race qual engine and 2 race - race engine. Get rid of the fuel bullsh!t. if you smoke your qual engine you only go back two places. hour and a half any lap counts

Any chance you could convince Bernie and Max that this is a good idea? It sure beats seven shades of sh!te out of what we have now.