PDA

View Full Version : Its a Porsche Sweep

harvick#1
15th April 2007, 01:59
1-2-3 overall in tonights ALMS race

Penske Porsche took a 1-2 finish with car#7 winning

Dyson's #16 took 3rd and sister car finished 5th overall and 5th in class.

The Audi R10 lost its first race, but still won in class.

B-K motorsports was running great and I was ashamed to see them have troubles. they were running right with the Penske Porsches.

FormerFF
15th April 2007, 03:50
Looks like Andretti Green had the speed, but totally missed the strategy. Congrats to Penske and especially to Dyson.

Erki
15th April 2007, 08:01
I dunno... A street race here or there is OK but after two street races I'm already tired of them. And now there's Houston coming too...

Apparently ALMS teams only got 45 mins of practise so I'm doubting whether the cooperation with IRL/CC is something worthwhile...

Maybe I'm just grumpy that I slept in and only saw the last 40 mins of the race. :p :

DavePI2
15th April 2007, 11:16
I used to be a street race fan but the damage to cars no matter what series is too great a risk. I will be happy when we are done with the street races.

David

Lousada
15th April 2007, 20:59
I didn't like this track at all. Too much squirky corners, too narrow and too short straights. That insane roundabout just finished my annoyance with this track to the highest point. These cars are a bit like factoryfarm animals; you shouldn't lock them up in concrete and iron placements, but let them run around free in the open air were they belong.
Good job this race was so ridiculous short so it was over very fast.

harvick#1
15th April 2007, 23:40
that was a poor street race to run these cars.

I watched the CCWS race and the track looked horrible.

you'd think ALMS could drive on real road courses instead of these bad Street courses

ZzZzZz
18th April 2007, 19:14
The fans seemed to prefer the Le Mans cars over the Champ Cars. Their free paddock always had several times the fans as the non-free CC paddock.

I expected a lot more from Long Beach. To me, off-track was far inferior to San Jose last year, to compare street venues.

Still, had a lot of fun, but doubt I'll go back with tracks like Utah and Road America beckoning.

cybersdorf
18th April 2007, 22:55
Since the public doesn't come to the races, the races have to come to the public. Not a good idea for multi-class racing, though.

ZzZzZz
20th April 2007, 04:11
Since the public doesn't come to the races, the races have to come to the public. Not a good idea for multi-class racing, though.

What does multi-class have to do with it? If anything, it provides for a lot of on-track action that may be lacking with a single class. ALMS offers a lot more for a non-race fan to instantly, easily enjoy.

Erki
20th April 2007, 07:15
Multi class racing - rather big speed differences. Pirro got to know pretty well what it means...

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2007, 18:27
I think It was a decent show, but Long Beach should be an exception, not a rule. Three street races in a row is too many and maybe too many period even if they were spread over 13 dates. Street races are an ineveitablity with declining attendance at a lot of race tracks. Champ Car and the IRL both have found this out over time, racing has to come to the people now if you want to get more than you hard core fan audience. If your hard core audience isn't big enough to sustain the number you need at gate, then you need to move to where you can get the casual fans.

Get used to street racing, although no car looked more painfully ill at ease then the Audi Diesels. That car was built to RUN....and Long Beach just didn't give it a chance....where as the P2's look like they were very easy to handle in the tight confines. I am enjoying this season regardless, and I will be watching with interest the ALMS boys at Houston....

coolhand
26th April 2007, 11:16
1-2-3 overall in tonights ALMS race

Penske Porsche took a 1-2 finish with car#7 winning

Dyson's #16 took 3rd and sister car finished 5th overall and 5th in class.

The Audi R10 lost its first race, but still won in class.

B-K motorsports was running great and I was ashamed to see them have troubles. they were running right with the Penske Porsches.

Wasn't Andretti-Green second?? I was sure thy were.

harvick#1
26th April 2007, 12:51
that was a Long Beach, in Houston AGR finished 2nd overall