PDA

View Full Version : FIA post-qualifying press conference - Monaco

News
24th May 2014, 17:11
Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA Drivers: 1 - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 2 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 3 - Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing)
Q: Nico, congratulations - pole for the second year in a row, but perhaps not exactly the way you wanted to achieve it, with that mistake at the end?
Nico Rosberg: No, definitely not. I thought it was over once that happened, because I thought the track would ramp up and somebody else could beat the time but no, of course, in the end I'm really, really happy that it worked out in the end. To be on pole is fantastic, at home; couldn't be better.
Q: Coming to you Lewis. Nico's mistake, ironically, and the subsequent yellow flags meant that you couldn't improve on your lap. Your feelings?
Lewis Hamilton: Yeah, it is ironic. But it's OK. I was up a couple tenths so it's OK.
Q: Daniel, coming to you, your best Monaco qualifying performance. Your chances for the race, your thoughts on the two gentlemen [beside you] who again seemed to find a bit more speed when it mattered today?
Daniel Ricciardo: Yeah, I think all three of us don't seem to be too pleased with ourselves. I think we left a bit on the table. We fought the car pretty hard in qualifying and trying to find a bit more from it. I thought I was getting around it OK but coming up to Turn 8 I just lost the rear completely on exit and pretty much the lap was gone after that. Frustrated, I think we could have been much closer. So a little bit disappointed.

Q: Nico, your thoughts on what happened with Lewis and where your mistake left him. You're close friends, you're fighting for race wins, you're fighting for pole, for world championships but there's no question that your mistake disadvantaged him

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/5/15870.html)