PDA

View Full Version : Italobros, put down your cappuccinos and explain this

zako85
23rd May 2014, 15:51
We know that Ferrari's F14 car is mediocre, as usual. But why can't Alonso drive it at least at 110% of its potential this year? What happen?

Tazio
23rd May 2014, 17:09
:stareup: Is this a trick question? :uhoh:
However, and realizing this is clearly a rhetorical question I will try to address it even though I'm probably not qualified, because I'm more of an Italo-French-Southern Cal. bro/dawg. :confused:
I don't see any legitimacy in dogging Fred's driving ability. Contrary to what you might think, the most you can get out of a car is 100% not 110%. Getting 100% out of the car all the time would be perfect which Fred is not, he is only tremendously talented! ;)

I hope this helps. Now I'm going back to my Oliang!

journeyman racer
23rd May 2014, 17:22
His shoulders are too sore from carrying Ferrari for 4 years already. Give him a break.

rjbetty
23rd May 2014, 23:56
His shoulders are too sore from carrying Ferrari for 4 years already. Give him a break.

I agree with this. You ainīt really going t go through too many years of this without it having some sort of effect eventually. But I'd say Fernie looks like he's driving better this year than last year, maybe being more motivated by a higher-rep team-mate.

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 00:19
Alonso is still class.

Lets remember how bad we all think this Ferrari is and how we think they have had a terrible season and yet Fred is 3rd in WDC.

I hope he gets one more shot at that 3rd title. I think he deserves it.

Tazio
24th May 2014, 16:16
We know that Ferrari's F14 car is mediocre, as usual. But why can't Alonso drive it at least at 110% of its potential this year? What happen?Why Fred over 7/10 of a second faster than Kim around Monaco in quali.................bro :sailor:

MacFeegle
24th May 2014, 17:53
Alonso get 110% out of FIAT already. Car not good chassis. No driver in field apart Lewis get same out of FIAT.

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 20:47
Why Fred over 7/10 of a second faster than Kim around Monaco in quali.................bro :sailor:
^like :laugh: :sailor:

Doc Austin
24th May 2014, 21:00
Alonso is still getting more out of the car than the highly rated Kimmi, so leave him alone because he knows what to do.

Tazio
24th May 2014, 22:20
Whether you like, hate, or are indifferent there is no future in dogging Alonso, he is a splendid driver. A lot of you guys, who don't now, will talk about him in the past tense years from now with affection, having been around to experience his career.

zako85
25th May 2014, 02:00
I don't hate Alonso. I do like to ridicule the folks who were constantly claiming, specially during the Alonso-Massa time at Ferrari, that Alonso supposedly extracted more from performance from the car than supposedly was in it.

kfzmeister
25th May 2014, 06:23
I don't hate Alonso. I do like to ridicule the folks who were constantly claiming, specially during the Alonso-Massa time at Ferrari, that Alonso supposedly extracted more from performance from the car than supposedly was in it.

7tenths faster than Kimi!! How can you possibly ridicule anyone, but yourself?
Open mouth, insert foot.

Storm
26th May 2014, 11:22
he is still trying to drive the crap Ferrari give him as if it was a racing car.

journeyman racer
26th May 2014, 17:18
I don't hate Alonso. I do like to ridicule the folks who were constantly claiming, specially during the Alonso-Massa time at Ferrari, that Alonso supposedly extracted more from performance from the car than supposedly was in it.Sometimes, you have to figure out for yourself when someone says something literally or metaphorically.