PDA

View Full Version : What deadline? 500 woos teams

Jonesi
14th April 2007, 19:53
Interesting read. I had not realized how much the cost of the chassis had gone up. It looks like entry deadline is another tradition that no longer matters.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070414/SPORTS0107/704140468/1247/SPORTS

Hoss Ghoul
14th April 2007, 20:13
I thought they always took cars past the "deadline", and that the deadline was in fact only for contingency programs, points, etc...?

Jonesi
14th April 2007, 20:36
I thought they always took cars past the "deadline", and that the deadline was in fact only for contingency programs, points, etc...?

Not in my memory. The cars entered by deadline were the only cars in the event. (I think it's been mentioned that a wrecked chassis could be withdrawn, and a replacement substituted, but I can't recall it happening.)

FormerFF
15th April 2007, 04:57
Not in my memory. The cars entered by deadline were the only cars in the event. (I think it's been mentioned that a wrecked chassis could be withdrawn, and a replacement substituted, but I can't recall it happening.)

I'd say they are being pragmatic, and are doing what they need to get the 33 cars they want.

It also looks like you'd spend at least $750,000 to do a second weekend deal. I guess the question is, is there $750,000 worth of promotional value in being a backmarker?

racer69
16th April 2007, 10:43
Any new teams would likely take over the entries assigned to some of the T-cars entered by the deadline (as has happened in years past), rather than a whole new entry being added.