PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Forum Members

Roamy
3rd May 2014, 00:52
Here is your question of the day:

Should it be legal for someone to come in to your home - tape a private conversation and use it against you?

Leave the race issue out of this question.

Starter
3rd May 2014, 01:17
As a government entity, no way!

As a social or private party? Depends on what you mean by "come into your home". And, how they got there? I understand the privacy issues here, but I also understand what may be in any contract with the NBA as an owner (obviously haven't seen the contact) so it's difficult to speculate.

journeyman racer
3rd May 2014, 04:49
I'm saying "No".

Mark
3rd May 2014, 10:10
I assume there is a story behind this but looking at it blind. I would say private individuals probably can. Government agencies no unless the person is told they are being recorded.

Rollo
3rd May 2014, 15:19
Should it be legal for someone to come in to your home - tape a private conversation and use it against you?

Who is the someone and under what circumstances is the recording being made?

Starter
3rd May 2014, 15:19
I assume there is a story behind this but looking at it blind. I would say private individuals probably can. Government agencies no unless the person is told they are being recorded.
I assumed it had to do with the hoorah over here over the (very) racist comments one of the NBA team owners made which was recorded by someone else while in his home.

steveaki13
3rd May 2014, 18:49
I assumed it had to do with the hoorah over here over the (very) racist comments one of the NBA team owners made which was recorded by someone else while in his home.

I heard about that. Apparently he has been racist and sexist for a long time, yet has never been forced out.

Doesnt he love woman and employs ethnicities but refuses to regard any of them as equals.

Sounds as though something or someone needs to get rid of him.

Starter
3rd May 2014, 19:12
I heard about that. Apparently he has been racist and sexist for a long time, yet has never been forced out.

Doesnt he love woman and employs ethnicities but refuses to regard any of them as equals.

Sounds as though something or someone needs to get rid of him.
Yes, he seems to be cut from the style that is benevolent to all them darkies so long as they say "yessa massa".

That's his right to be that way in his private life, if he chooses to be ignorant. Looks like there will be consequences on the public side though. I don't know what the NBA has in there ownership agreements or how enforceable it is, but the league has issued several punishments. He is now allowed no contact with the team or to even be on the premises. A 2.2 million dollar fine was levied. And he is being forced to sell his ownership of the team franchise.

D-Type
3rd May 2014, 23:17
Difficult one

On the one hand, what someone says in his own home should be private. It should not be legal to tape it and publicise it.

On the other hand, if someone has 'unacceptable' views should the public be informed. But then we have the question of who determines what is 'unacceptable'.

Koz
4th May 2014, 02:54
Here is the audio in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fthv5NmC6Fk

Well, that's what you get for associating with a gold digging skunk.

Tazio
4th May 2014, 03:37
:stareup: Yeah but I'd still like to teach her how to chirp in the key of yodel :love:

Jag_Warrior
4th May 2014, 23:57
In the case that Roamy is referring to, I believe there is an open question as to whether or not Sterling knew his mistress was taping the conversation. Apparently he had a weird habit of taping conversations too. One attorney (either the NBA attorney or hers) said that he did know. I don't believe he or his attorney has confirmed or denied that. But I'm not following this silly case that closely, so I don't know for sure. If he didn't know and didn't give consent, then yes, I see a problem... ethical, if not legal (though he was cheating on his wife, so I guess the ethical objection goes out the window). If he did know, then the way I see it: stupid is as stupid does.

Let Darwin be your guide through life...

Koz
5th May 2014, 01:19
:stareup: Yeah but I'd still like to teach her how to chirp in the key of yodel :love:

Dude! That's sexist! Your WNBA team must be revoked!!!

Koz
5th May 2014, 01:27

Tazio
5th May 2014, 16:11
Dude! That's sexist! Your WNBA team must be revoked!!!
I was just saying that I find her appealing :dog:. :angel:

Roamy
6th May 2014, 08:30
I'd do her in a heart beat !! But I wouldn't talk :)

Tazio
6th May 2014, 14:29
:stareup: Yeah you would, probably something like:
"ouhhhhhh baby baby baby, talk dirty to me you nasty little tramp" :love: :p:

donKey jote
6th May 2014, 21:01
Uncle Roamy... a man of "on 'er" :love: :up: