PDA

View Full Version : alonso ''stopped'' ?

DimitraF1
14th April 2007, 13:49
what happened in qualifying?at the end alonso stopped in the course?
we didn't find out

Viktory
14th April 2007, 18:25
he did? The Swedish commentators said that they had info that Kimi and Fisi had stopped on track (after the quali chequered flag) but that info was quickly withdrawn. I don't remember seeing any footage of Alonso having stopped.

PSfan
14th April 2007, 19:43
Speedtv mentioned that timing and scoring showed that he had stopped on course, and that some tools and equipment fell on his car over night, but wasn't sure if there was a connection...

Of course besides this thread, I haven't read anything about it, so maybe its just a McLaren tactic to save a little fuel by having the car towed in :p :

ioan
14th April 2007, 20:29
Maybe he forgot to turn in the gas saving mode and he ran out of fuel in an attempt to beat LH in qualy? :D

jjanicke
14th April 2007, 20:36
I highly doubt he would be able to run out of fuel. They run anywhere from 7-10 less laps in Q3 than they do during the 1st race stint. There would be no benefit from burning that much extra fuel during Q3, as the FIA only gives credit for laps turned, not fuel consumed.

DimitraF1
14th April 2007, 22:35
any..did we find out if he drives to the pits or by foot?

andreag
15th April 2007, 01:46
He didn't stop. He drove the car to the parc ferme and went to the weight place where he arrived at the same time then Massa.

After this he talked with Telecinco, and then with other TV's.

truefan72
15th April 2007, 04:26
He didn't stop. He drove the car to the parc ferme and went to the weight place where he arrived at the same time then Massa.

After this he talked with Telecinco, and then with other TV's.

thanks for the info. We will wait to see if there are any surprises before the race. He certainly looked mad when I saw him on camera right after the quali session

DimitraF1
15th April 2007, 05:15
mad? he is always :P