PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Perez Q&A: Sunday fightback possible in Shanghai

News
19th April 2014, 12:10
A fortnight on from his superb podium in Bahrain, Sergio Perez has struggled for pace in China and could only secure 16th in qualifying - eight places down on Nico Hulkenberg.
The Mexican accepts his team mate has had the upper hand so far in Shanghai, but remains confident he can stage a fight back and reaasert himself as a points contender on Sunday...
Q: Checo, for one moment let's go back to the Bahrain podium: you've said that Formula One racing had almost slipped out of your hands after McLaren decided to take on Kevin Magnussen. Then you got a chance with Force India, a totally different team, and were paired with Nico Hulkenberg, who knows all the ins and outs of the team - but it was you who delivered their first podium in nearly five years. How does it feel to have done so against the odds?
Sergio Perez: Ha, yes, that Bahrain podium was quite something. In that race I was able to make the most out of every single chance that I had. I hope that I can have more such moments in the future. It was one of my most special podiums, especially after last year. It was a tough race - from the start all the way through to the chequered flag it was maximum push. The finish line was a big relief for me! (laughs)

Q: There were several team mate battles going on during the race. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg's duel raised the most eyebrows, but your fight with Nico was nevertheless pretty tense

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/4/15748.html)