PDA

View Full Version : Domenicali steps down !

pino
14th April 2014, 11:57
No easy to find a good replacement, good luck Montezemolo !

N. Jones
14th April 2014, 13:51
I agree but I think Stefano's timeframe for success was short, for Luca and for the fans. Hopefully the find someone who can turn them around.

odykas
14th April 2014, 18:20
No easy to find a good replacement, good luck Montezemolo !

It seems that he has already found a sale person :blackeye:

Tazio
14th April 2014, 20:25
:sailor: Pizza delivery boyz Baggie! :stareup:

Mia 01
14th April 2014, 20:52
He was made the scape goat, this was and is not the solution. bring in the head of Ferraris sale organisation in US as team leader, well, I understand as usually very little.

pino
14th April 2014, 21:19
Hopefully it's only a temporary solution, or we won't see Ferrari on top for many years :(

odykas
14th April 2014, 21:27
WTF is Marco Mattiacci?

A sales person :blackeye:

Bring Ross back ... or even Flavio :devil:

steveaki13
14th April 2014, 21:44
Surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Ferrari are definitely struggling these days and the new guy seems amazingly under qualified

anfield5
14th April 2014, 23:08
Ross Brawn to run Ferrari then!?

truefan72
14th April 2014, 23:36
surely this is a late april fools joke right?

If you are going to replace Domenicali, at least bring in someone with some knowledge, respect and qualifications
Dark days ahead for ferrari

Koz
15th April 2014, 01:19

If you are going to replace Domenicali, at least bring in someone with some knowledge, respect and qualifications

Don't worry, Flavio Briatore's return will be confirmed soon!

airshifter
15th April 2014, 02:51
The obvious choice is Ross... if they can get him. And I don't see even the slightest chance that Roamys wish for Flavio to come back would take place. He has no place in F1 and even Ferrari don't want to have a known race fixer working for them. Fred might like it, but I doubt Kimi would. :)

As for the current choice, I can't see him doing any harm short term. I've always thought the team of Luca and Stefano lacked in "hands on" leadership. Without knowing more about Marco Mattiacci we can't really predict what he will bring to the team, but without doubt it will be a different leadership style. And in this day and age, if he is a good leader he can improve the team.

dj_bytedisaster
15th April 2014, 03:22
Don't worry, Flavio Briatore's return will be confirmed soon!

That would be the death of Ferrari for me. No team associating itself with that scumbag deserves to live.

Tazio
15th April 2014, 03:45
Bring back Enzo Baggie :confused: :naked: :angel:

anfield5
15th April 2014, 04:32
Good luck to Marco Mattiacci. From what I have read he appears to be a good business man and leader, which is possibly more important than his F1 knowledge - he has a team full of people who already possess this.

Plus he has by far the coolest name of any of the team leaders in F1. Marco Mattiacci, sounds like someone you wouldn't want to argue with

Storm
15th April 2014, 05:38
This probably came a year too late - he should stepped down when they could not make a race/title winning car last year and given the reigns over to a new guy before the new rules/regs kicked in.
This appears very reactive than pro-active - like a team sacking a manager just before a relegation fight...often the team still ends getting relegated :p:

zako85
15th April 2014, 06:47
I wonder what Eric Boullier could have accomplished as team principal if he had Ferrari's purse.

henners88
15th April 2014, 07:45
I wonder who Luca's next scapegoat will be in this uncompetitive era at the Scuderia?

An ideal replacement would be Ross Brawn but I doubt he would go back to a team that effectively pushed him out the door.

MacFeegle
15th April 2014, 08:29
Door at ferrari a round one these day. Tell Kimi.

steveaki13
15th April 2014, 09:15

Back to the early/mid 90s perhaps?

N4D13
15th April 2014, 13:24
Regarding the Flavio-to-Ferrari rumours, I would be extremely surprised if any team, let alone one with Ferrari's reputation, would hire the mastermind behind Crashgate. A small team hiring Pat Symonds, a technical guy whose work takes place away from the spotlight, is one thing - hiring a team principal known for race fixing is a completely different one.

Besides, it would be deeply pointless to "fire" someone who has a senior managing team just to give the role temporarily to an inexperienced guy while Flavio made himself available. If they really wanted to bring Briatore in, it would have made much more sense to keep Domenicali in his post until Flavio was ready to take the reins.

driveace
15th April 2014, 19:17
Well its either Ross or Martin Whitmarsh !
Or is Nicki Lauda thinking he could be team manager at Ferrari and sort them all out ? AND can i escape from Mercedes ?
They have had some bad recent years ,and Stephano to me was similar to Martin with their lame excuses

anfield5
15th April 2014, 22:14
On the other hand, Ferrari have in effect gotten worse each year since Dominacali took over. 2007 Kimi was drivers Champ and the team was also Champions. 2008 the team retained its position, since then it has been one disapointing season after another. With them consistently failing to produce a car capable of challenging the leaders, it has only been Alonso's brilliance as a driver that has given them any hope of being able to win races as demonstrated by the fact that since Fred has been at Ferrari, he is the only driver to win a race for them.

airshifter
16th April 2014, 11:31
I agree Anfield. The major shifts made by Luca in 2007 replaced several good people, filling the voids with mostly Italians. Moving Todt up, losing Ross Brawn, and the rest of the shifts haven't worked well at all.

Getting rid of Kimi to hire Fernando hasn't resulted in any titles, and in all fairness without team orders Felipe would have standing on the top podium step in 2010. I think the preferred driver attitude has hurt the team as well. Though Alonso is an exceptional driver if he is that good no team orders should be needed, and drivers should be able to fight for the title.

At any rate, it seems that Ferrari have lost their way, and at this point I see change as good.

Big Ben
17th April 2014, 09:00
Ross Brawn seems to retire quite frequently so I don't know if they could have stopped him. He's an old millionaire who wants to go fishing more often.

Allowing Felipe his odd moment of glory would have meant nothing for Ferrari in their fight for the WCC and WDC... actually it would have had a negative impact when they were already fighting against a better car.

And the preferred driver attitude was definitely something new there. They were just nostalgic after the good all days when MS was battling fearlessly the brave RB and after that the very same FM :laugh:

henners88
17th April 2014, 10:21
And the preferred driver attitude was definitely something new there. They were just nostalgic after the good all days when MS was battling fearlessly the brave RB and after that the very same FM :laugh:

'He's driving too fast get him out the way, I need the points!!' lol

journeyman racer
17th April 2014, 10:57
Getting rid of Kimi to hire Fernando hasn't resulted in any titles,It's clear they got rid of the wrong driver, and a lot of that had to do with Domenicali

and in all fairness without team orders Felipe would have standing on the top podium step in 2010. What are you talking about? :?

I think the preferred driver attitude has hurt the team as well. Though Alonso is an exceptional driver if he is that good no team orders should be needed, and drivers should be able to fight for the title. How about producing a car for Alonso that isn't inferior to the RB's all the time? Some of you blokes with this mildly haughty attitude, ought to have a look at yourself. It was only one time. Massa only got the lead at Hockenheim due to a clean run in an awkward first corner for Alonso and Vettel. It was a perfectly reasonable time to apply team orders.

truefan72
18th April 2014, 20:46

I guess even the man himself though it was a joke
https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-motor-racing-new-ferrari-boss-thought-155208274--f1.html