...is now chairman of Luton Town FC!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6553927.stm

dwracing23
13th April 2007, 21:05
Well I hope he takes them down!!

The mighty Leeds to stay up.

Allyc85
13th April 2007, 21:38
so if his performances suddenly drop we can blame the football club for distracting him? :P

Les
14th April 2007, 10:44
will the car have Luton Town on it or Luton shirts have pink on it? (I doubt it somehow)

Allyc85
14th April 2007, 12:31
id hope they wont change the football shirts, teams change them enough as it is!!

EVOBOY
14th April 2007, 14:00
Anyone know what line of business Dave is in?Just curious he must be doing something right ;) Best of luck to him on both ventures.

Robinho
14th April 2007, 17:17
awesome news (i am a Luton fan) good that Tomlins has stepped down, pity we lost Newell as manager, but at least Kevin Blackwell is a good manager and a Luton boy so thats got to bode well. Pinkney has bought a controlling interest in the holding company that owns/runs Luton Town and has been named as Chairman, as a long time BTCC fan and Pinkney fan (who isn't) this is a great link up for me, and i'll certainly be cheering a little harder for the Alfa's this year and i hope that Pinkneys involvment in LTFC brings some finance and fortune for the side which are surely down after another loss today.

daz90
15th April 2007, 00:04
He must be mad ;)

bt52b
16th April 2007, 01:28
Does this mean Lauren will be dressed up as a sexy Harry the Hatter fur ball? :)

seatfan
16th April 2007, 07:29
Anyone know what line of business Dave is in?Just curious he must be doing something right ;) Best of luck to him on both ventures.

I thought I read somewhere that he is the MD of RAC insurance.

parabolic
16th April 2007, 10:34
I thought I read somewhere that he is the MD of RAC insurance.

That’s why he and Richard have "AA Warranty" on the screen headers of the Alfas!???????

EVOBOY
16th April 2007, 12:43
mmm possibly, a few years ago whilst running in the Saloon Car championship in a sapphire Cosworth, he carried sponsorship for Warranty Holdings - so I thought he might have been involved with that in some way?

Iain
16th April 2007, 12:44
That’s why he and Richard have "AA Warranty" on the screen headers of the Alfas!???????

Not everyone will have seen any coverage from Brands Hatch and the Alfas didn't feature that much in any case, so I think seatfan can be excused for not noticing that.

As far as I know, Warranty Holdings has eventually evolved into AA Warranty, Evoboy.

seatfan
17th April 2007, 08:50
Ok, so maybe it was the AA Insurance bit - but then why last year did he also have RAC stickers on his car? Or is it that his company is/was actually independent? sounds more likely.

tisme
17th April 2007, 18:24
Not everyone will have seen any coverage from Brands Hatch and the Alfas didn't feature that much in any case, so I think seatfan can be excused for not noticing that.

Even I noticed the AA logo on the BTCCPages pictures!
http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2007/brandshatch1/qual/BrandsSat+019.JPG.html

Neil Adams
17th April 2007, 20:54
RAC Warranty is now AA Warranty

Mp3 Astra
17th April 2007, 22:55
Wow! I heard this on 3 Counties Radio this morning and I thought it was someone else with a very cool name. What a life he's living...