PDA

View Full Version : Killarney set to be a cracker

sills
13th April 2007, 15:35
Killarney international rally is set to be a cracker, with the following drivers showing intrest Mikkelson, Meeke, G.Machale plus all the regulars the Irish Tarmac Championship is getting back to its glory days of the 80's and early 90's, Cant wait to see the full entry, the section of road just before molls gap has been made wider which should make for very goo viewing and it should be very quick into the gap its self this year cant wait

ste898
13th April 2007, 18:13
Wont be any different to any other Irish event ......thay are all cracking events!!!

Bazza2541
13th April 2007, 19:52
Mikkelson is supposed to be doing the rest of the ITC!!!

sills
14th April 2007, 00:01
Mikkelson is supposed to be doing the rest of the ITC!!!

good news will shake up some of the Irish stars, i remember seein him doing the manx's last year and he was impressive give him another couple of rallies and he could be a winner

farquar wrc
14th April 2007, 09:43
After being at the first two rounds,i'm pi$$ed off i cant see this round to,i'll have to wait till the Jim Clark to see the Best Championship in the world again

andy2066
15th April 2007, 18:48
first visit to ireland, went to germany last year, fast! monte this fast! but i bet killarney will be faster!

quicksilver
16th April 2007, 23:40
Nesbitt rumoured to be back out as well in a Mitsubishi Lancer WRC again

Mudflap
25th April 2007, 20:59
Killarney Top 20

1-10
--------
Gareth McHale
Mark Higgins
Tim McNulty
Eugene Donnelly
Andreas Mikkelsen
Eamon Boland
Kris Meeke
Austin McHale
Kevin Lynch
Gareth Jones

11-20
--------
Andrew Nesbitt
Peadar Hurson
Melvyn Evans
Stephen Murphy
Patrick Elliot
Denis Cronin
Aaron McHale
JJ Fleming
Denis Biggerstaff
Hugh Martin Doherty

sills
26th April 2007, 12:08
where did that list come from?

quicksilver
26th April 2007, 13:04
Rally programmes are on sale with entry list included.

VodkaKick3
27th April 2007, 13:59
Meeke, Nesbitt and Pedar Hurson have all pulled out.

Elgin Man
27th April 2007, 14:49
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/article2489473.ece

Meeke had to pull cos' of Donnellys deal

quicksilver
30th April 2007, 16:02
Meeke back in again thanks to Kevin Barret and others ........
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/article2497077.ece

sills
30th April 2007, 16:26
Meeke back in again thanks to Kevin Barret and others ........
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/article2497077.ece

Just heard about it there now, fair play to the boys for gettin behind him again they deserve alot of apprecation from specators for there efforts in keepin this man rallying

cut the b.s.
30th April 2007, 23:00
Top man Kevin Barrett, a real great thing to do, not many people in the position to be so generous, and even fewer with decency and love for the sport that Kevin has shown, hope it goes well for Meeke and the Triton team at the weekend

typerboy
1st May 2007, 09:56
Kevin barrett has saved so many things in irish rallying, never gets the real credit he deserves... Nesbitt is back for Killarney 2.. has recce done and a car...

cut the b.s.
1st May 2007, 11:14
Kevin barrett has saved so many things in irish rallying, never gets the real credit he deserves... Nesbitt is back for Killarney 2.. has recce done and a car...

what will Nesbitt be out in now? still a Lancer?

sills
1st May 2007, 11:47
Kevin Barrett deserves an award for what he does for the sport in Ireland he sponsers a good few drivers not sure how many but theres alot of cars sponserd with Triton stickers and to step in like that to sponsor a person is unbelivable serisouly he does deserve some serious credit for his support to people

good to here the nesbitt express is back to

dcr22B
1st May 2007, 13:30

Why is it that Nesbitt's name is nowhere to be found on the entry if he is doing it?

VodkaKick3
1st May 2007, 13:52
how come James O Brien is sitting with Gary Jennings then.

sills
1st May 2007, 16:35
Nesbitts name was on the origional list as number 11 and when he pulled his entry they changed the entry list also pader hurson pulled his and they took him off it so number 11 is still avaliable i think

I dnt kno if hes back thats what just been said on this thread i hope he is

dcr22B
1st May 2007, 17:31
Nesbitts name was on the origional list as number 11 and when he pulled his entry they changed the entry list also pader hurson pulled his and they took him off it so number 11 is still avaliable i think

I dnt kno if hes back thats what just been said on this thread i hope he is

As VodkaKick3 has already stated, Garry Jennings has James O'Brien sitting with him so you would be very lucky to be seeing Nesbitt out this weekend.

typerboy
1st May 2007, 23:13
ive heard that nesbitt is back, he's done the recce n all... dont wanna get everybody's hopes up, but thats wat i heard....

Vatanen
1st May 2007, 23:37
Im Warming my hands in anticipation. Best Tarma cEntry of the year if Nesbitt is starting should be some battle. Meeke V G. Machale battle adds another deminsion to the event. Machale will get a true reflection of his pace compared to World Class opposition. Im Counting down the hours to Molls Gap on Saturday morning. Slowly Sideways are also present (Sadly Missed last year) an ex Mouton Quattro Sport included in there demonstration. Like a Kid Waiting for Christmas

rwssport
1st May 2007, 23:51
I just hope Kris doesn't do what he's said at the end of the 2nd newspaper article... :p :p :p

sills
2nd May 2007, 02:40
Im Warming my hands in anticipation. Best Tarma cEntry of the year if Nesbitt is starting should be some battle. Meeke V G. Machale battle adds another deminsion to the event. Machale will get a true reflection of his pace compared to World Class opposition. Im Counting down the hours to Molls Gap on Saturday morning. Slowly Sideways are also present (Sadly Missed last year) an ex Mouton Quattro Sport included in there demonstration. Like a Kid Waiting for Christmas

Meeke v machale= Meeke hands down
I cant wait to head back from uni, friday morning get the boat home go straight to killarney from rosslare harbour, and molls gap saturday morning i just cant wait ive been like 3 weeks to go 2 weeks to go and now i cant believe its this week-end
molls gap should be quality as they have widened the road up towards the gap so we should see some great speed up to the junction
cant wait now

Does anyone know if the test stage is being used this year again on the friday evening?

quicksilver
2nd May 2007, 13:09
There were plans to run a test stage but apparently due to road closing problems it has been cancelled, there is however supposed to be a ceremonial start in Killarney town at about 7:30pm with the top 30 cars and also Group B cars

Micke_VOC
2nd May 2007, 13:23
Meeke have Swede JRC driver PG Andersson´s codriver Jonas Andersson beside him.

waylander
2nd May 2007, 13:33
guess we will have to wait to friday to if nesbitt's doing it

does look unlikely :-(

if nesbitt had the Lancer for Rally of Lakes - he would be untouchable!

meeke for the win

sills
2nd May 2007, 14:16
As VodkaKick3 has already stated, Garry Jennings has James O'Brien sitting with him so you would be very lucky to be seeing Nesbitt out this weekend.

little bit of news for you people
use are wrong on whos co driver for Jennings as
Enda Sherry
is co driving for Jennings in Killarney as it says on the entry list on the internet http://www.rally.ie so this does leave james o brien free to co drive for nesbitt and yes i have een told nesbitt has done the recce.

but on rallynews.net this morning it has said The entries for Andrew Nesbitt, Peadar Hurson, and Tony Davies have been withdrawn. so like what was said wait till friday evening

quicksilver
2nd May 2007, 14:31
little bit of news for you people
use are wrong on whos co driver for Jennings as
Enda Sherry
is co driving for Jennings in Killarney as it says on the entry list on the internet www.rally.ie (http://www.rally.ie) so this does leave james o brien free to co drive for nesbitt and yes i have een told nesbitt has done the recce.

but on rallynews.net this morning it has said The entries for Andrew Nesbitt, Peadar Hurson, and Tony Davies have been withdrawn. so like what was said wait till friday evening

If you look at rally.ie in the Rally of the Lakes section under the heading Updates which was put up after the entry list it says the following:
"John O'Mahony to Co-drive for Kieran Marshall
James O'Brien with Garry Jennings
Liam Brennan in with Fergus O'Meara"

sills
2nd May 2007, 16:06
If you look at rally.ie in the Rally of the Lakes section under the heading Updates which was put up after the entry list it says the following:
"John O'Mahony to Co-drive for Kieran Marshall
James O'Brien with Garry Jennings
Liam Brennan in with Fergus O'Meara"

sorry people im going blind because i looked at that earlyer and i didnt even see it,

sills
3rd May 2007, 10:02
Anyone that has a rally programme can you tell me if Nesbitts name is on the entry list?

quicksilver
3rd May 2007, 12:24
Don't have it with me just now but as far as I can remember he was on the list at no.11 with James O'Brien in a Lancer WRC, but those programmes were out ages ago.

geo374
5th May 2007, 09:41
There is no mention of him on the rally.connect.ie results page, so presume he is a non-starter!

Good luck to Lorna Smith/Joanne Oakey in the N2 Suzuki Swift in only their 2nd outing in the car.

One thing confuses me about the entry list on rally.connect. They have Lorna & Joanne listed as competing on the International event, which one would expect, however their teammates, James Wozencroft and Chris Ridge are listed as taking part on the National event. Is this just a clerical error or is there another reason?

bt52b
5th May 2007, 13:10
UNOFFICIAL LEADERBOARD AFTER STAGE 2 Gortnagane
1st (4) Eugene Donnelly/Paul Kiely (Impreza WRC) 19.44.7
2nd (7) Kris Meeke/Jonas Andersson (Impreza WRC) 19.53.8
3rd (3) Tim McNulty/Anthony Nestor (Impreza WRC) 19.58.3
4th (1) Gareth MacHale/Paul Nagle (Focus WRC) 19.59.0
5th (2) Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy (Impreza WRC) 20.00.8
6th (9) Kevin Lynch/David Moynihan (Focus WRC) 20.02.0
7th (5) Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Floene (Focus WRC) 20.15.7
8th (6) Eamonn Boland/Francis Regan (Focus WRC) 20.20.6
9th (14) Stephen Murphy/M J Morrissey (Impreza WRC) 20.31.9
10th (8) Austin MacHale/Brian Murphy (Focus WRC) 20.41.5

SubaruNorway
6th May 2007, 20:59
Where did Mikkelsen end up

sal
6th May 2007, 21:05
From http://www.rallynews.net

UNOFFICIAL LEADERBOARD AFTER STAGE 17 – FINAL STAGE
1st (7) Kris Meeke/Jonas Andersson (Impreza WRC) 2.19.25.1
2nd (4) Eugene Donnelly/Paul Kiely (Impreza WRC) 2.19.37.9
3rd (5) Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Floene (Focus WRC) 2.20.02.8
4th (2) Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy (Impreza WRC) 2.22.12.9
5th (8) Austin MacHale/Brian Murphy (Focus WRC) 2.26.03.6
6th (1) Gareth MacHale/Paul Nagle (Focus WRC) 2.27.40.9
7th (10) Gareth Jones/Greg Shinnors (Focus WRC) 2.28.11.2
8th (24) Colm Murphy/Ger Loughrey (Impreza N) 2.32.17.2
9th (18) JJ Fleming/Robbie Ward (Focus WRC) 2.33.27.2
10th (34) Kevin O'Donoghue/Joe O'Leary (Lancer N) 2.35.11.9
11th (30) James Cullen/Allan Harryman (Lancer N) 2,36.25.0
12th (89) Martin Browne/John Kilmurray (Lancer N) 2.36.50.1

For Kris Meeke and his Swedish co driver Jonas Andersson this has been a sensational rally, a tremendous results. It has been obvious for years that Kris Meeke is a special rally talent and he really showed it here on his first visit to this Killarney Rally of the Lakes. It was only last Monday that the deal to drive the car was finalised, and remarkably it was only on Monday evening that Andersson was asked by Kris to co-drive. His first reaction was no, that he had never read pace notes in English. Kris said here outside the Gleneagle Hotel “I had complete faith in him and he was brilliant. This result is right up there with winning the Junior category on the Monte Carlo Rally. So many people have backed us this weekend with sponsorship, some of them I don’t even know and the only result I could give them was a victory. There was a 25 minute wait before the final stage, I was on intermediate tyres, Eugene was on slicks, the roads dried and I knew I was up against it. Normally under those circumstances Eugene would have been a second a mile faster and I had only 12s in hand for the 20k stage. I drove out of my skin, harder than I’ve ever gone. To win was awesome, especially after everyone bent over backwards to help me”. The icing on the cake for Kris is that he has won the Bertie Fisher Memorial Trophy for the fastest time over the Molls Gap stage. There was a certain moistness in Rory Kennedy’s eyes when he came into the finish. Rory, who was with Bertie Fisher through so many of his Lakes victories, co drove Mark Higgins to fastest over Molls Gap this morning, but of course in the rain they were never going to match Meeke’s magic time on Saturday morning in setting a new record.

Eugene Donnelly was 2nd overall, Eugene and his co driver Paul Kiely suffering a little with a flu bug today. Eugene said however that he got some medication this afternoon and he felt a bit better. He commented then. “It was some race, some rally. Its congratulations to Kris Meeke, great to see him getting the result and fair play to Andreas Mikkelsen on a brilliant drive”. For this part 3rd placed Andreas said at the end. “I was 1s down on Eugene on the stage before the end and knew then I couldn’t catch him as he was having a big race with Kris so I relaxed for the last stage.” Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy’s 4th place in the Pirelli backed Subaru reinforces their position at the front of the Tarmac Championship. Mark said he had a fraught rally, even the last stage having dramas when he thought the engine was going to blow before the realised that he forgot to switch some of the electronics on, and the car was on road mode.

Colm Murphy/Ger Loughrey were 8th overall and won group N in their Impreza with Kevin O’Donoghue 2nd and James Cullen 3rd in the category. Kevin O’Donoghue and his co driver Joe O’Leary win the John Millane Trophy for best placed Kerry crew.

Patrick Elliott crashed out of the rally on the Caragh Lake stage when lying 6th o/a and Willie Fannin also crashed on that stage when well placed in gpN. Aaron MacHale’s Focus WRC stopped on the final stage with fly by wire throttle trouble and he’s making his way slowly to the finish, but will have lost a top 10 place. James M Stafford has won the National Rally after a trouble free run in his Darrian.

Many thanks to all who helped and supported the Rally News service and congratulations to all the organisers of this huge Bank Holiday weekend rally. BRIAN & LIZ PATTERSON http://www.rallynews.net