PDA

View Full Version : WSBK: Valencia 2007

fatman
13th April 2007, 06:36
This has to be the best quote of the season from Bayliss before the Valencia round.

"If you looked at me you wouldn't think I'd been in a motorbike accident, you'd think I hadn't paid some bill and the mafia had come and chopped one finger off with a pair of scissors and hit my nuts with a hammer because I haven't got another mark on my body!"http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Apr/070412a.htm

I'm looking forward to the races. I hope Bayliss can ride it out.

Mach24
13th April 2007, 12:32
I know its only free practice but Steve Martin is 7th. Go Marto!

Mach24
13th April 2007, 12:38
Lanzi and Rolfo? They make the championship ordinary.

Please prove me wrong!

NinjaMaster
14th April 2007, 15:39
Lanzi's been alright without being spectacular but Rolfo has been very disappointing. The rain will be Martin's best friend. In fact any privateers best friend. Brookes has been fast in the wet and Xaus is always fast in the wet. His crashes are usually fast too! :)

ChrisS
14th April 2007, 20:33
what's the forecast for tomorrow? are we going to have wet races?

Mach24
15th April 2007, 00:18
Great effort from Josh Brookes in sticking it in 3rd and top Honda.

For those outside Australia Josh won both the Australian Supersport and Superbike championship in 2005 and was well on his way to doing the same in 2004 before a nasty accident stopped his season.

Josh has all the talent to take him to the top and is a true battler of the sport.

Josh needs to impress at every opportunity with the likes of Camier and Rae coming through the ranks with Honda support.

fatman
15th April 2007, 00:34
Having 9 fingers hasn't slowed down Bayliss at all ! He probably has a weight advantage now. How much does a pinky finger weigh? :)

maxu05
15th April 2007, 02:03
Normally, I would say that Troy Bayliss has balls as big as coconuts, but due to the accident, more like dinner plates :laugh: Go Troy, kick some ass.

The Phantom
15th April 2007, 03:20
Josh has all the talent to take him to the top and is a true battler of the sport.

Great guy too, I shared a pitbay next to him when running a mate's VFR400 in a Clubman race at Oran Park - Josh was getting some practise time in on the Fireblade.

Mach24
15th April 2007, 03:40
Great guy too, I shared a pitbay next to him when running a mate's VFR400 in a Clubman race at Oran Park - Josh was getting some practise time in on the Fireblade.

My first ever track day at Winton a very young JB was testing a Honda 929 and everytime he came up to overtake he would come up real close and lift the front wheel and blast past me..... Needless to say it happened many times through the day.

tha_jackal
15th April 2007, 10:37
Good job by Aitcho to get 2nd in the STK1000 race.. :up: now we just need Brendan Roberts to be fit and we'll have one-two's regularly ;)

Mach24
15th April 2007, 11:27
Good job by Aitcho to get 2nd in the STK1000 race.. :up: now we just need Brendan Roberts to be fit and we'll have one-two's regularly ;)

SBK website has Mark as the race winner?

Seems Aitcho was second in the restart race but won on combined times!

tha_jackal
15th April 2007, 11:29
SBK website has Mark as the race winner?

**** yes! It was raced in two parts.. Must have been stopped at some stage.. Goooo Aitcho and cmon Bayliss and Curtain in the rest..

Mach24
15th April 2007, 12:16
Xaus Xaus Xaus........... Give Ducati an extra 200cc!

tha_jackal
15th April 2007, 13:32
F*cking Riba!! Took out my man, the bstard..

Corny
15th April 2007, 16:39
Toseland has done a goob job! He's simply the best out there, he'll surprise me if he'll not be the champ of 07!
Biaggi good again.. C'mon Max, a bit more agressive at the first few laps will give you a lot more points in the next races..

The Phantom
15th April 2007, 19:00
I agree Corny, Toseland is the class act of the field this year. Biaggi and Toseland to fight out the championship (and I won't be surprised if Biaggi takes it!).

Warwick Nowland sat in with Jonathan Green for commentary and opined that he'd like to see Corser get the title (to make it three titles on three different bikes) - that would be cool, but sadly seems a bit of a stretch.

Toseland has almost double the points of Bayliss...

ChrisS
15th April 2007, 19:49
fight for the lead in the last 2-3 laps of race 2 was classic, all finishing possibilities including all 3 crashing looked possible, race 1 was also good with Xaus showing that when he can keep it on the track he is a great rider

the supersport race was ruined a bit when Ripa took out Curtain and Fujiwara, after that it seemed that the Ten Kate Hondas would be on their own but Nannelli had a great race and could have taken 2nd

The Phantom
16th April 2007, 10:58
Pitt also did an excellent job - taking away 20 irreplaceable points from any would-be challenger to Sofuoglu's title chances.

Brookes raced well, seemed a bit overwhelmed by the agression at the pointy end of the field but made no real mistakes. Will be at the front again soon I'm sure.

What happened when Bayliss and Biaggi went to sleep within a corner or two of each other???

leopard
17th April 2007, 03:55
What went wrong with Fonsi Nieto, colorSPEED was suffering from he scored no points :\

NinjaMaster
17th April 2007, 10:24
I agree Corny, Toseland is the class act of the field this year. Biaggi and Toseland to fight out the championship (and I won't be surprised if Biaggi takes it!).

Warwick Nowland sat in with Jonathan Green for commentary and opined that he'd like to see Corser get the title (to make it three titles on three different bikes) - that would be cool, but sadly seems a bit of a stretch.

Toseland has almost double the points of Bayliss...

Yes JT has been the class of the field so far and Biaggi has had a strong start to the season, you have made a major oversight not including Haga in your championship calculations. With Corser by his side to push him on (he needed the inside competition) and the added benefit of Troy being a top developer, Nori is becoming increasingly competitive and looks every bit as good as 2000 when I reckon he was at his peak. One thing is for sure, the title chase is gonna be a cracker! :up:

Pitt also did an excellent job - taking away 20 irreplaceable points from any would-be challenger to Sofuoglu's title chances.

Brookes raced well, seemed a bit overwhelmed by the agression at the pointy end of the field but made no real mistakes. Will be at the front again soon I'm sure.

What happened when Bayliss and Biaggi went to sleep within a corner or two of each other???

Pitt rode a terrific race, especially given that he only got 12 laps of dry practice. However, he really didn't help Kenan cause too much, Riba took care of that! With Curtain and Fujiwara in the dirt, Charpentier and Harms in the medical bay and Parkes manfully carrying a significant injury, Sofuoglu has it in the bag. And good luck to him. He is a real shining light for the future of WSB and Roby Rolfo will be looking for a new team next year.

Brookesy was terrific. I think he really burned his tires up trying to keep up with the leaders in the first race and had no answer for the charging riders at the end but was most impressive in the second race giving a disappointing (injury not-withstanding) Bayliss the hurry-up.

The Phantom
18th April 2007, 03:34
You're right, Haga's butt is on fire this season, and the R1 is getting faster with every race.

Nothing on Curtain's shoulder so far, has anyone heard whether he's ok?

Interestingly, Brooke's 2002 Fireblade is currently for sale on ebay...

NinjaMaster
18th April 2007, 13:53
So that's why Nori has been so fast this year! :hot:

I haven't been able to find anything on Curtain anywhere so I can only assume he is OK. I read that Riba bumped into Curtain and it knocked his brake lever which caused his fall and that of Kev and Kats, which was a real shame because all were riding so well and it was really exciting.