PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP banners anyone?

edlalu
13th April 2007, 06:53
I have started a race day tradition in my house. The night before (or early morning of) the race I decorate with a number of checker flags and banners. I also have a number of flags of the nations of our favorite racers.

I would like to add manufacturer and/or team banners or flags to this mix. Anyone know of a good website or catolog?

thnx

NinjaMaster
13th April 2007, 08:00
I can only suggest checking out the team and maybe rider sites as listed here:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159154&postcount=2
though the ones I've checked hacen't been particularly helpful.

ChrisS
14th April 2007, 22:07
the team and rider websites are probably your best chance online I think

the best place would be at a GP where you would find both official flags and knockoffs outside the track

maxu05
15th April 2007, 03:16
Try Amazon, they should have something, surely.

leopard
18th April 2007, 05:34
Btw what's wrong with South Africa c'ship website, I and Matt were unanimously that they have good skin and fruitful content.

http://www.superbike.co.za/

Hotbikerchic33
30th April 2007, 22:42
I have started a race day tradition in my house. The night before (or early morning of) the race I decorate with a number of checker flags and banners. I also have a number of flags of the nations of our favorite racers.

I would like to add manufacturer and/or team banners or flags to this mix. Anyone know of a good website or catolog?

thnx

No that is sad! :laugh: :D :) :p extremely sad if you ask me which of course you didnt why cant you just watch the race like the rest of us???? :confused:

tha_jackal
1st May 2007, 03:06
No that is sad! :D :) :p extremely sad if you ask me which of course you didnt why cant you just watch the race like the rest of us???? :confused:

Why cant you show a little respect? :) Sure the idea is a tad strange but everyone is entitled to do what they want, when they want.. Whatever floats ya boat I say..

edlalu
1st May 2007, 05:43
I have a 6-year-old daughter, and the race day festivities help get her excited about the race and that her fave Valentino Rossi is sitting on pole. She is still a little young to follow all the facts and riders. The decorations are more for her. Its called inclusion folks.....

The Phantom
1st May 2007, 06:38
My 3yo daughter always asks if Rossi is racing ("No darling this is Superbikes" : )

She can recognise him by face, and when he's kitted out on the bike (had to teach her the new Fiat scheme).

Now she is starting to get interested in Casey Stoner!

She's been watching bike racing with me since she was 5mths old...

To answer your question, have a look on ebay. I have a white Honda flag (just has the wing in red with Honda underneath it) which I got for $25AUD delivered.

It's not authentic of course but does the job (although it hasn't been raised in the living room for a race yet! I'm a Honda guy supporting Stoner... hang on, I have a big Aussie flag that I can hang up : )

You could also buy some material and have fun with your daughter painting some flags and banners.

Hotbikerchic33
1st May 2007, 09:12
Why cant you show a little respect? :) Sure the idea is a tad strange but everyone is entitled to do what they want, when they want.. Whatever floats ya boat I say..

Point taken! :D

NinjaMaster
1st May 2007, 09:57
She's been watching bike racing with me since she was 5mths old...

You sir, should be a father of the year candidate! :up: :)

We don't quite dress up the house but I'll often wear a Kawasaki or rider t-shirt or cap whilst I'm watching the race.

The Phantom
2nd May 2007, 05:41
Thanks NinjaMaster, I just dug up a video I remembered taking - she was THREE months old! during Stoner's first season on the LCR 250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC59GKouN-Q

This Sunday the Shanghai races start on Foxtel in Oz at 1:30pm so she (and her 8 month old brother) will both be tuning in : )

Hotbikerchic33
2nd May 2007, 08:57
Have you tried looking on Ebay for some banners?? :confused:
after all its amazing what you can find on there its worth a thought!!! ;)

The Phantom
3rd May 2007, 04:33
Here's a Yamaha banner on ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/23tbc3

Plenty more out there.

maxu05
3rd May 2007, 10:45
My wife likes Barros, so she wears a Mr Bean mask and carries a lookalike of his bear during the race :laugh:

ChrisS
3rd May 2007, 15:56
My wife likes Barros

Does she like Zombie movies? :p