PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Oz

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 07:30
So its time to select your Driver of the Race :)

donKey jote
16th March 2014, 07:38
Mag

N4D13
16th March 2014, 07:40
Rosberg is the obvious pick - pulled off a brilliant start and he didn't put a foot wrong in the whole race. Having the fastest car helps but he still had to drive it home in first place.

The top 4 drove really well too. Bottas earns an honourable mention for his brilliant charge but to be DotD, he would have needed not to put his car on the wall. ;(

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 07:49
Driver of the day: Kevin Magnussen - Great composed drive to the podium in a car which hasn't looked massively fast.

Other Mentions:
Nico Rosberg - A great win, had the fastest car but drove well and got a great start to lead at turn 1.
Daniel Ricciardo - A fine drive and kept the Red Bull going. Doing enough to prove Red Bull are in the Championship.
Jenson Button - A nice recovery drive. Used the SC well and from 12th at one point to 4th.
Valetri Bottas - May have made an error but drove fast and entertained with his 2 recovery drives.
JEV & Kyvat - Both Toro Rosso's had more pace than I thought, incredible double points.
Max Chilton - Kept it going and finished in a decent 14th.

Robinho
16th March 2014, 07:51
Rosberg pick of the bunch in the fastest car, Daniel, great debut for Red Bull in front of the home crowd. Magnusson for a great debut podium, button to 4th from outside the top 10 and bottas for a load of great passes, and one cock up. Probably Magnussen for me overall, given the pressure of the 1st race in F1

henners88
16th March 2014, 07:56
Kevin without doubt, I hope he's a challenger this year :)

AndyL
16th March 2014, 08:23
Magnussen exactly matched Lewis Hamilton's McLaren debut, qualifying 4th and finishing 3rd. An auspicious start!

henners88
16th March 2014, 08:25
Magnussen exactly matched Lewis Hamilton's McLaren debut, qualifying 4th and finishing 3rd. An auspicious start!
Let's hope he is as successful in his first season then. It's going to be fun at Mercedes this year with that pace I know that.

Storm
16th March 2014, 08:39
Nico won it but for a rookie in a totally new car it has to be Magnussen.
(I think it will help him that he has no past F1 baggage actually in this new era)

TheFamousEccles
16th March 2014, 08:43
Rosberg, Danny boy and K-Mag. Excellent drives by these guys.

minardi
16th March 2014, 09:34
I have an handful of honourable mentions, but has to be Magnussen and Bottas for me. No explanation needed.

driveace
16th March 2014, 13:47
Magnuson,for me plus Nico never looked in doubt of winning
Tipped Nico to win in my selection too .
Bottas but for his silly moment with the wall drove a good race too

driveace
16th March 2014, 13:47
Magnuson,for me plus Nico never looked in doubt of winning
Tipped Nico to win in my selection too .
Bottas but for his silly moment with the wall drove a good race too

Doc Austin
16th March 2014, 14:12
Seems like everyone drove well, but I've got to go with Mags.

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 14:19
Magnussen. I didn't expect that!

Mia 01
16th March 2014, 14:45
Kevin Magnussen!!!

But, Nico Rosberg deserves credit for his flawless drive to.

anfield5
16th March 2014, 19:04
Difficult, as there were several quite faultless drives.

I would give the nod to Magnusson, GP debut, faultless drive and a place on the podium, joining the likes of Hamilton, Baghetti etc. Ricciardo was superb, and a sensor fault on his car will not detract from his drive. Rosberg was excellent and couldn't do any more than he did. Also a great race drive from Jenson, Kvyatt and JEV

easy rider
16th March 2014, 23:53
Rosberg got a brilliant start to take the lead going into turn 1, because Lewis had lost a cylinder during the formation lap according to Toto Wolff, which would explain why Nico was able to just blow by Hamilton as if he was standing still.

Driver of the race for me was Valtteri Bottas, even though he made a mistake by losing a wheel, but still managed to fight his way back to a fantastic 5th place finish. He looks as if he has the making's of being another Flying Finn.

Kevin Magnussen deserves special mention.....outstanding performance on his part, during his debut F1 race. It will be interesting to see how Jenson deals with this rookie.

Tazio
20th March 2014, 02:31
Kimi, no doubt about it! http://www.motorsportforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35&d=1395249997

steveaki13
20th March 2014, 07:39
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-027.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-026.gif

Doc Austin
20th March 2014, 14:31
I'm going with Magnussen, but I really feel bad for Ricardo.

Bottas had a great drive, but he ruined it with one small mistake.

steveaki13
20th March 2014, 16:42
I'm going with Magnussen, but I really feel bad for Ricardo.

Bottas had a great drive, but he ruined it with one small mistake.

Spot on for me. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-033.gif