PDA

View Full Version : Personal Sense of Achievement

Rollo
28th February 2014, 22:44
On this week's News Quiz on Radio 4, there was something from The Daily Telegraph sent in by Dave Brockman. Was that our Dave B?
If so, that's a good get. :D +1 KUDOS

I feel a Personal Sense of Achievement every time I get a Tweet displayed at the bottom of the screen on ABC1's "Q and A".

What other minor achievements can we celebrate here?

Tazio
1st March 2014, 02:13
Good get (if it is Dave who is not denying it)indeed! Well played Rollo :champion:.

inimitablestoo
1st March 2014, 09:07
We're all over the BBC this week then - I got a question through on Radcliffe and Maconie (Tuesday, 6 Music) to one of the Staves, asking about when she was in Grange Hill. Makes up for Danny Baker not reading out my e-mail on last week's topic of getting rid of the letter S (although I'm listening this morning in case it crops up today).

BleAivano
24th April 2014, 23:06
Today I was retweeted by Tiff Needell. That definitely worth celebrating. ;)

schmenke
25th April 2014, 02:29
Today I had a bowel movement :mark:

Storm
25th April 2014, 06:55
^definitely an achievement if you were constipated for the last few days :p:

odykas
25th April 2014, 07:31
:laugh: -> both

Rudy Tamasz
25th April 2014, 08:10
I saved a Belarusian rock star from being denied a U.S. visa. The consular officer thought he was a no name nobody who wanted to go busking in the States. I went on to explain he was a bestselling artist in the country. Talk about cultural awareness.

steveaki13
25th April 2014, 08:12
Today I was retweeted by Tiff Needell. That definitely worth celebrating. ;)

I was mentioned and had a tweet read out on Sky F1's Free Practice coverage in Bahrain.

It was about driver weights and David Croft read out my opinion and Susie Wolff blanked it completely. That's an achievement. :p;)

rjbetty
26th April 2014, 07:13
Haha good stuff guuuuuuys!

Well I got one too.

After years of having a subscription for Autosport, I finally decided to bite the bullet and let my feelings be known when Fernando Alonso blew up after China 2006 (regarding Fisi - my favourite driver remember - and support from the team) - that was just too much for me - so for the first time ever, I sent in a short letter.

To my amazement, it got printed! That was awesomesauce. My mum was so mad I didn't keep it as I didn't tell her this till years later (she had been telling me for years I should write in)!

inimitablestoo
26th April 2014, 08:28
I also had a letter in Autosport earlier this year after their mock-up of a 2014 F1 design on the second front cover of the year. My salient technical point was that any design would look good if, like that artist's impression, it was painted Leyton House turquoise... :D

steveaki13
26th April 2014, 11:23
Haha good stuff guuuuuuys!

Well I got one too.

After years of having a subscription for Autosport, I finally decided to bite the bullet and let my feelings be known when Fernando Alonso blew up after China 2006 (regarding Fisi - my favourite driver remember - and support from the team) - that was just too much for me - so for the first time ever, I sent in a short letter.

To my amazement, it got printed! That was awesomesauce. My mum was so mad I didn't keep it as I didn't tell her this till years later (she had been telling me for years I should write in)!

Go Fisi.

Do you follow him now in GT racing and Le Man style racing Rj?

Rudy Tamasz
30th April 2014, 13:37
I just squashed out two wasps in the office cafeteria, one of them in a spectacular jump. That happened right in front of the lady who sometimes gives me that kinda looks and complements me on the style of my jeans.