PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain ???

RaceFanStan
12th April 2007, 17:47
GP2 Race 01 @ Sakhir, Bahrain is scheduled for April 13th.
There is no current discussion about it, what's up ?

ChickenMcNugget
12th April 2007, 20:53
No idea. Most people are too indifferent until the whole thing grinds into action, presumably. :\

COD
12th April 2007, 22:30
And no Pickems for it either? Why is that?????

Mekola
13th April 2007, 02:12
I wonder the same. At the moment, the only GP2 pick'ems competition running is the one I organize on Ten-Tenths, GlobalF1 and other motorsport forums. Even running it at eight different forums, I saw a curious turndown on the number of entries: last year, about 55-60 users entered at each round; this year, hours before the rounds closing, about 35 persons did their picks for Bahraini round.
I think that the possible debacle about discussion is because this season doesn't have "super-rising-stars" supported by F1 factory teams or powerful parents, as Kovalainen, Piquet Jr., Rosberg and Hamilton; now, the most overlooked newcomer is Bruno Senna, for obvious reasons. Shame that Sebastian Vettel didn't upgrade to GP2, it would have helped a lot to the series.

suhail
13th April 2007, 16:39
Luca Filippi has taken surprise pole at Bahrain...Good work by many of the rookies as well with the top 17 drivers within 1 second of each other....congrats to Karun Chandhok as well with 16th on debut when his target is to be in the top 15 to start off with....well done Conway, Hirate and Senna as well...should be an interesting race tomorrow

Erki
13th April 2007, 18:44
Shame that Sebastian Vettel didn't upgrade to GP2, it would have helped a lot to the series.

Vettel is at Monza this weekend. In practices he has been pretty slow, outside the top 10 most of the time. Anything wrong or is he always out of contention? :)

suhail
14th April 2007, 19:06
Ok im might also just be indian but ANYONE else who watched the race will have to admit that it was a brilliant drive from Chandhok....to finish 9th on debut for Durango was great for him n i wish him more success in the races that follow...The move on Armemuller was phenomenal....Congrats to Filippi who took a good win !!!

Oli_M
21st April 2007, 13:46
GP2 on ITV4 this evening at half 6.

So on a nice obscure channel competing against Doctor Who and Gameshow Marathon. If they get 100 viewers I'll be impressed :S