PDA

View Full Version : FGP 2014

Pages : [1] 2

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 12:06
Welcome one and all. This thread will server as the primary throughout the season. For those returning players please go here: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/ and start creating your teams.

For those of you that are new please read the following summary of how FGP is played:

Everyone has a budget of 48,000,000 with which you use to build a team. Your team will consist of:
- two official drivers
- a 3rd driver, which is used if one of your official drivers misses a race and your 3rd driver races.
- one chassis
- one team-engine.
Lastly, choose a Grand Prix that will be your Bonus GP. Your team will score double points at that race.
Once complete please choose a name for your team and then post your entry in this thread.

From this season forward I will be using team-engines. This change means that no longer will we pick an engine and score points based on which engine-powered car crosses the finish line first. Now each team will choose the F1 team's engine and each team will only score points based on the first car to cross the finish line. As an example, if a team choose red bull-renault as their engine that team will score engine points only for the red bull team.

ALSO. UAE/Abu Dhabi will NOT be allowed as a bonus GP.

The deadline for entering a team is the end of Thursday, March 13th.

Thank You for Reading. Good Luck!

steveaki13
14th February 2014, 12:14
Great stuff Thanks for all your efforts Nick. Its time to rock and roll.

jens
14th February 2014, 12:49
And now it is finally time to introduce the all-new team

Happy Bubble Racing Team
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash1/t5/c17.0.100.100/p100x100/373179_420541461341225_2125927932_n.jpg
based in Kazakhstan Desert.

Featuring:
Chassis: Mercedes 20M
Team-engine: McLaren-Mercedes 11M
Driver A: Daniel Ricciardo 9M
Driver B: Valtteri Bottas 6M
Driver reserve: Gianni Morbidelli 1M
Bonus GP: Canadian GP

The team introduces an all-new management line-up with a rotating team manager. Team principals for a few races have been confirmed, featuring Yu Yong Xue for the Chinese GP and sheikh al-Mansour Shalekh for the Bahraini GP, aiming to promote local talent. Also offers have been made to RjBetty, Steve and N.Jones to fill in the role of team principal for one Grand Prix - in order to share the common knowledge.

http://png-3.findicons.com/files/icons/2128/vista_style_arrow/128/rotate270anticlockwise3green.png
Also rotating team principal role means that there is more responsibility for that single race - you can't claim things will improve, you have to perform right now!

Chief designer of the new package is Russian Vyatcheslav Zaitsev.
Title sponsor and basically the owner of the squad is Happy Bubble Company, aiming to promote the multinational/-cultural team to new levels. New partners of the team include East Nigerian Investment Company Inc.

Reserve driver role features the much-anticipated return of Gianni Morbidelli, who is preparing to fill in other teams as well in co-ordinaton with main partners.

The team spent 47M € on the chassis, engine and driver combinations, leaving 1M to purchase an all-new computer for new CFD design program environment as well as an upgrade in driver simulator. At the right conditions team is fully prepared to share this technology with other teams.

--

Critics have immediately claimed this team is too much about bling, business and marketing without concentrating on the results.

pino
14th February 2014, 13:19
Once again thanks for your great work Mr Jones :up: stuck on top page for you ;)

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 14:17
Thanks!

Now, somebody help me choose a team, I can't think of Anything!!

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 14:42
After much arm twisting, due to the fact the POSF1 has been terrible these last few years (finishing on the bottom in 2013), I think OxyClean POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel can close the door on negotiating and get close to announcing their team.

We are going to wait until a few more teams enter before we unveil our challengers.

airshifter
14th February 2014, 14:43
N. Jones,

Just for a rules clarification, are teams required to pick one person in all areas or are they allowed to voluntarily give up certain positions. For example, can you forgo a reserve driver to open funding for primary drivers? Could you pick only 1 driver and then spend the rest of the budget on better chassis and team engine selections?

Let me do this.... of the below are any NOT required to enter a team?

Driver 1
Driver 2
Reserve Driver
Chassis
Team Engine

I'm thinking if we can just spend the 48m however we decide then the team variety will be greater through the choices.

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 14:47
Yes, each team must have two drivers, one reserve, one chassis, one team-engine, and a bonus GP.

airshifter
14th February 2014, 14:53
Yes, each team must have two drivers, one reserve, one chassis, one team-engine, and a bonus GP.

Well crap. I was going to pick Vettel for the driver (30m) and Ferrari for the chassis (18m) and call it done. :laugh:

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 15:08
:laugh:
Sorry, you should know the rules by now since you are a veteran! :D

pantealex
14th February 2014, 15:09
Team: L A K K A
D1: Ricciardo 9M
D2: Kobayashi 4M
D3: Vitaly Petrov 1M
Chassis: Ferrari 18M
Engine Ferrari 16M
Bonus GP: Brazil

(18+16+9+4+1=48)

Tazio
14th February 2014, 15:13
Slash LLC.

Nico Hulkenurg
Daniel Ricciardo

Julia Lipnitskaia
Just kidding :stareup:

Simona De Silvestro
Chasis
Mercedes
Lump
Wiliams Mercedes
Bonus
India

airshifter
14th February 2014, 15:17

Exploiting the rules is the essence of F1!

airshifter
14th February 2014, 15:22
Team Loco Americano F1

Sergio Perez - 10
Pastor Maldanado - 6
Pedro De La Rosa (reserve) - 1

Ferrari Chassis - 18

Lotus F1 Renault Team-Engine - 13

Bonus GP - US GP COTA

steveaki13
14th February 2014, 16:04
This is an official announcement from Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team.

"Due to problems securing our second driver, we will have to delay the announcement of our Official Line Up until a later date. This will also serve to see what other teams are going for. ;)

Thus we can announce ART's launch will take place on

Friday 22nd February at around 10am.

If the worlds media and team bosses wish to gather around the computer next Friday, the announcement will be posted in the FGP thread at said time. "

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 16:05

Exploiting the rules is the essence of F1!
:rotflmao:

Tazio
14th February 2014, 20:36

"Due to problems securing our second driver, we will have to delay the announcement of our Official Line Up until a later date. This will also serve to see what other teams are going for. ;)

If the worlds media and team bosses wish to gather around the computer next Friday, the announcement will be posted in the FGP thread at said time. "
I understand Jules Bianchi was at your plant for a seat fitting. :rolleyes:

N. Jones
14th February 2014, 23:03

I understand Jules Bianchi was at your plant for a seat fitting. :rolleyes:

Or, maybe he was just there for the cake...

N. Jones
15th February 2014, 01:40
Not to be outdone by these early entries, FGPIA announces a new team:

My son!

He has chosen his team by using only one prerequisite - They Had To Be Red:

RedStar Team
Raikkonen - 23
Chilton - 3
de la Rosa - 1
Marussia - 5
Ferrari - 16
Bonus GP - Canada

rjbetty
15th February 2014, 02:14
Ford Focus F1 Team sponspored by Dominos Team Statement

We announce today our new team for FGP 2014. Based on a car that team boss rjbetty wants one day (he misses it's involvement in the World Rally Championship and it's a reason he doesn't watch it anymore), we hope this new name will reflect what we believe will be an increase in performance and reliability for us this season, having had enough of Vauxhalls. :mad:

We also unveil our new title sponsor: Dominos - The delivery experts. We believe they will share our passion and attention to detail, and that great results will be delivered in 2014, rather than our crusts being stuffed like last year.

Our first season was frankly an embarrassment as we completely ignored all signs of pre-season testing to put all our eggs in absolutely the wrong baskets. We intend to learn from these mistakes: That's why our choice of Engine for 2014 is... McLaren-Mercedes(!)

We can't believe after everything they put us through last year that we are being involved with McLaren again, but rjbetty's questionable wisdom leads us to feel in this case they deserve a second chance (and they had better not let us down this time :mad: ).

However, we feel that it will take a looooooooooooooong time to ever trust McLaren enough to put all our eggs in their basket ever again, and devote too much budget to them. Therefore, we now announce our Chassis package will be supplied by the works Mercedes team.

As for drivers, Perez has been sacked, while we took the tough decision to let go of our second driver Esteban Gutiérrez, who we liked, in favour of recruiting Valtteri Bottas. We watched his performances last year for Aki Racing Team with interest, and believe he shows great promise, and we welcome him onboard.

We have noticed that some of our rivals have been quick to snap up Daniel Ricciardo, as he seems to be the bargain of the year. We are in two minds as to whether to do the same, or do something a little more radical (bearing in mind that approach ruined our whole season in 2013)...

Oh lets do it! Our lead driver is Kevin Magnussen, as a replacement for Perez... (oh the irony!) (though I have a bad feeling I may regret trusting in McLaren again...)

Keeping in the spirit of being radical, our 3rd driver, after some agonising will not be Giedo van der Garde, but rather Robin Frijns.

Having chosen Monza as our bonus GP last year, we are going to try the opposite end of the spectrum and go for Monaco.

Mr Jones, is it possible to change our mind about lead drivers and bonus GP before 14th March?

Tazio
15th February 2014, 02:25
Slash LLC is pleased to announce that that we have named Tamberello to head our public relations dept. We are also proud to reveal that Wade will fill the post vacated by Knock-on, and is our new director of corporate communication. We would also like to dispel the rumor that that position was turned down by Eki.

airshifter
15th February 2014, 10:31
Slash LLC is pleased to announce that that we have named Tamberello to head our public relations dept. We are also proud to reveal that Wade will fill the post vacated by Knock-on, and is our new director of corporate communication. We would also like to dispel the rumor that that position was turned down by Eki.

Being a team that immediately responds to in all areas of management, Team Loco Americano F1 has immediately realized the brilliance in the Slash LLC hiring announcement and quickly made some additions of their own to assist the team. Roamy (Fousto) has been retained for security and international relations. Spafranco will assist by protesting everything the other teams do. Daniel will present those protests to the FIA, but is contractually obligated to not bring up the use of canopies. Gadjo_dido will be team gypsy, and cast strange spells on opposing teams.

Having also learned from last year, the team management realized that the excess of beautiful grid girls, models, celebrities, etc in the team areas were not being used to the fullest potential. As such this year some of them will be recruited to distract management of other teams, and for photo recon of other teams. I understand that some may encounter "wardrobe malfunctions" as a distraction tactic, but due to limited clothing budget this appears to be out of our control. :laugh:

N. Jones
15th February 2014, 15:03
you can but I much rather you didnt :-)

Tazio
15th February 2014, 19:19

Being a team that immediately responds to in all areas of management,
Spafranco will assist by protesting everything the other teams do. :laugh:

Gadjo_dido will be team gypsy, and cast strange spells on opposing teams.
:sailor:
Just get her to tell you your teams fortune, unless you're afraid she'll bust your crystal balls! :devil:

COD
15th February 2014, 20:15
Team: Force Finland

Driver 1: Ricciardo
Driver 2: Bottas
Reserve: Kovalainen

Chassis: MacLaren
Team-Engine: Mercedes

Bonus Gp: Monaco

airshifter
15th February 2014, 20:19

Being a team that immediately responds to in all areas of management,
Spafranco will assist by protesting everything the other teams do. :laugh:

Gadjo_dido will be team gypsy, and cast strange spells on opposing teams.
:sailor:
Just get her to tell you your teams fortune, unless you're afraid she'll bust your crystal balls! :devil:

I'm not scared of that gypsy spell crap, I'm just hoping it gets in the heads of the competition. But I'm rather fond of my crystal balls, so I'd rather play it safe. :D

N. Jones
16th February 2014, 01:58
POSF1 has announced their winning lineup for 2014.

After considerable deliberation, and the fact that other teams are favoring a similar lineup is worrisome. Never the less POSF1 feels it is time to move into the top 10.

Driver#1 - Esteban Guitierrez
Driver#2 - Pastor Maldonado
Reserve - David Valsecchi
Chassis - Ferrari
Team-Engine - Ferrari
Bonus GP - Italy

With this lineup, POSF1 will surely please their sponsors - OxyClean and Lionel Electric Trains.

Koz
16th February 2014, 05:33

What is the logic behind this exactly?

Does everyone score double points on at Abu Dhabi or not?
If you're not handing out 2x points for the final GP to everyone, then what is the problem with picking it as a bonus?
After all, we're not tied to the points system in any way, just to the finishing classifications. Right?

Also, I don't understand the idea about "team engines", what is the difference between picking it and the chassis?
Except that they cost a little less??

With all due respect, unless I have missed something, this is extremely flawed.

N. Jones
16th February 2014, 13:45
The logic is I did not want to score quadruple points for UAE and I felt that if all F1 teams score double points for UAE then so will we.

Team-engine was decided because using only three engines is not enough for me. I wanted to give everyone greater flexibility when choosing their team this year. Also if I kept three engines they would have to be cheap enough for someone to use them if they decided to choose Vettel, however unlikely that scenario is.

If we see five or more engines in 2015 then I will go back to that scoring system.

Wasted Talent
16th February 2014, 15:10
The 2013 Champions return....

Team: Force Yorkshire

Driver 1: Ricciardo 9
Driver 2: Bottas 6
Reserve: Guido van der Garde 1

Chassis: MacLaren 14
Team-Engine: Mercedes 18

Good luck all

WT

pino
16th February 2014, 16:08
Team : Red Passion Team

Driver 2: Magnussen 8
Reserve: Valsecchi 1

Team-Engine: Ferrari 16

Bonus GP: Monza

rjbetty
16th February 2014, 19:49
The 2013 Champions return....

Team: Force Yorkshire

Driver 2: Bottas 6
Reserve: Guido van der Garde 1

Team-Engine: Mercedes 18

Good luck all

WT

This is exactly the line up my head told me to go for. :) I think I should have chosen Ricciardo but have risked it on Magnussen.

If Ricciardo (Red Bull) win only because of Renault being given outrageously unfair dispensation (i.e. cheating) I won't be happy!

steveaki13
16th February 2014, 20:10
The Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team's boss steveaki13 let slip that he had concerns over some things he had seen in other teams line ups in 2014.

"We have now decided our complete line up, but are waiting until our launch day of Friday 21st 10am. However it has come to our notice the team we have put together is remarkably similar to many other rivals teams that have been announced. In all faith we have chosen our line up, but we are worried we will look like copy cats come Friday."

He continued:

"As of now we are still determined to continue with our planned team, we will see how things go".

jens
16th February 2014, 20:17
The Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team's boss steveaki13 let slip that he had concerns over some things he had seen in other teams line ups in 2014.

"We have now decided our complete line up, but are waiting until our launch day of Friday 21st 10am. However it has come to our notice the team we have put together is remarkably similar to many other rivals teams that have been announced. In all faith we have chosen our line up, but we are worried we will look like copy cats come Friday."

He continued:

"As of now we are still determined to continue with our planned team, we will see how things go".

Some drivers will be very busy this year, driving for many teams.:D That's why multi-team co-operation is the way to go!

I personally think a certain approach to line-ups may not be the ultimate winner-solution. Sometimes slightly unconventional solutions may help. Let's recall last year - Pérez was the bargain, but in the end didn't help all those many, who had chosen him. Or in 2012 anything about Lotus was the way to go, but before the season it was hard to foresee it.

However, a certain route may be "the safe bet" in terms of maybe not winning, but at least being competitive. But I think we can get some out-of-the-box surprises this year too. Just hard to guess, which ones!

rjbetty
16th February 2014, 22:04

Don't worry, I think most people are having Mercedes in their line-up in one form or another. There's not really that much choice in who we expect to be competitive. I mean I don't really see anyone choosing Sauber this year (and now just watch as it turns out they've come up with a rocketship).

As for the Ford Focus RS F1 Team, we are hopeful of moving up the field in our 2nd season, and improving on our 41st place (of 46) in last years' championship; and our best race finish of 13th at Monza (bonus round).

Also, we have 2 million spare cash to be used wisely (NO partying this year!) which we are open to use to co-operate with the Happy Bubble Team, Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team and POS F1, in a bid to try to stop us all being losers again this year (though at least Jens finished somewhere in the midfield, far above the rest of us three!)

Maybe we can club together to get a proper simulator, capable of practicing on modern games. Though we question the wisdom of being based out in the desert.

N. Jones
16th February 2014, 23:40
I was thinking of going all-McLaren. THAT would be a bold move!

rjbetty
17th February 2014, 00:07

Yes it would. But I'd bet it would just be typical that this turns out to be the year to go all-McLaren, now we haven't done so, yet we largely did last year.

McLaren have had a curious way of following a disastrous season with a mega or very good one in recent times.

2002-2003

2004-2005

2006-2007

2009-2010 to a large extent.

steveaki13
17th February 2014, 09:17

Yes it would. But I'd bet it would just be typical that this turns out to be the year to go all-McLaren, now we haven't done so, yet we largely did last year.

McLaren have had a curious way of following a disastrous season with a mega or very good one in recent times.

2002-2003

2004-2005

2006-2007

2009-2010 to a large extent.

Spot on.

Generally McLaren do not have two hideous seasons in a row these days. Since 1997 anyway.

I am seriously considering tweaking my planned line up after seeing the line ups of you lot. :p

COD
17th February 2014, 13:00
Maybe next year, N.Jones could gather the line-ups by PM or e-mail and announce them on one date, to avoid this kind of situation?

steveaki13
17th February 2014, 13:13
Maybe next year, N.Jones could gather the line-ups by PM or e-mail and announce them on one date, to avoid this kind of situation?

Could be a good idea.

However a lot of us sad saps :p like to have some banter about the line ups, so you would miss that I suppose.

As Mr Jones said though, with only 3 engines this season, its limiting options anyway. See how this season goes I suppose.

airshifter
17th February 2014, 20:10

Could be a good idea.

However a lot of us sad saps :p like to have some banter about the line ups, so you would miss that I suppose.

As Mr Jones said though, with only 3 engines this season, its limiting options anyway. See how this season goes I suppose.

The banter might be better if nobody knows what your team is until you announce it! :D

It would be more like regular F1, you don't have to show your hand until the cars hit the track and it becomes public.

The engine rule change makes a lot of sense with so few people making them. I'm liking how it makes for more team options now.

Tazio
18th February 2014, 02:17
Maybe next year, N.Jones could gather the line-ups by PM or e-mail and announce them on one date, to avoid this kind of situation?I think that is a great idea!

Koz
18th February 2014, 09:01
Announcing*: Team Marlboro Koz Racing

Driver: Magnussen
Driver: Ricciardo
Reserve: Jaques Villeneuve

Chassis: McLaren
Engine: Mclaren

Bonus GP: Spa

* Reserving a right to fire one or both drivers pending deal with Quantum.

Mia 01
18th February 2014, 11:58
Announcing: Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn

Team Leader: Mia Witt

Team Principal: Leopold Berggren

Driver: Kimi

Driver: Maldonado

Reserve: Theodore Berggren

Chassis: Sauber

Engine: Sauber - Ferrari

I think I have left a million for a bit of fun and cheering after races.

steveaki13
18th February 2014, 13:03
Announcing: Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn

Team Leader: Mia Witt

Team Principal: Leopold Berggren

Driver: Kimi

Driver: Maldonado

Reserve: Theodore Berggren

Chassis: Sauber

Engine: Sauber - Ferrari

I think I have left a million for a bit of fun and cheering after races.

You can bring your million pound to the combined Jens, Steveaki13 & rjbetty parties if you like. :p

rjbetty
18th February 2014, 15:02
Hey, someone HAS chosen the Sauber chassis.

Good luck Mia. :devil: :p

(Now just watch as they come up with a flier now I'm not predicting great things for them)

No! We are spending the 1million on Research and Development, in a bid to move up the grid! :cool:

Mia 01
18th February 2014, 15:28
Thanks steve and RJ!

Yes perhaps it´s vise to spend some money on R&D, specially as I got the Sauber chassie.

But ofcourse, our care is splashed with ads, and they pays off quit good to so there shall be money for fun also. You guys are welcome to my teams rumbling after races.

Tazio
18th February 2014, 15:45

(Now just watch as they come up with a flier now I'm not predicting great things for them)

No! We are spending the 1million on Research and Development, in a bid to move up the grid! :cool:
I already have buyer's remorse taking the Williams-Mercedes lump :p
Then again if they can continue the form they showed in the first practice, and find some of their old glory I will be in the pound seats, especially if "The Hulk" can do something with the FI challenger.
If McLaren fizzle out a lot of FGP teams will be pants ;)
Come on Felipe baby :dork:

steveaki13
18th February 2014, 15:58

I had Sauber last season and I vowed never again. :D

awww..... no parties this year?

;(

I have been research other line ups in case Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team decides to change things, but nothing much else seems to work.

So as it stands AHRT are still planning to announce the same team we had planned despite other people's similar directions.

N. Jones
18th February 2014, 18:03
McLaren will not give up the ghost now that the parent is back to slap the kids in line.

Koz
18th February 2014, 23:13
McLaren will not give up the ghost now that the parent is back to slap the kids in line.
I'm sure they won't. Doesn't change the fact that they've got the weakest lineup since... Ever.

Very hard to bet on them them considering the quality elsewhere.

N. Jones
19th February 2014, 00:20
That is very true. It would definitely be a gamble!

steveaki13
20th February 2014, 13:03
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/thumb_small/77577/77577,1263152799,2/stock-vector-funny-hedgehog-cartoon-44202358.jpg

Is pleased to confirm it has officially decided its 2014 line up.

As planned the official announcement is to be made tomorrow at 10am.

N. Jones
20th February 2014, 19:31
Are you planning to plan to announce you team tomorrow at 10am?

steveaki13
20th February 2014, 21:41
Are you planning to plan to announce you team tomorrow at 10am?

Maybe :p

Tazio
21st February 2014, 02:30
I have the best pilots, considering all the entarnts I've noticed so far :eek: :smurf: :sailor: :angel:

Mia 01
21st February 2014, 06:10
I have the best pilots, considering all the entarnts I've noticed so far :eek: :smurf: :sailor: :angel:

I think you underestimate Maldonado, in moore than one way. Hi ha ho.

henners88
21st February 2014, 08:21
Team Name: HennersF1 Racing

Driver 1: Kevin Magnussen (8m)
Driver 2: Daniel Ricciardo (9m)

Reserve: Stoffel Vandoorne (1m)

Chassis: Force India (12m)
Engine: Mercedes (18m)

Bonus GP: China

Total 48m.

*Hoping to reach the highs of 2013 with my previously stunning 39th place. :facelick:

steveaki13
21st February 2014, 09:56
Good afternoon to the worlds media.

This is the official Launch post for the 2014 FGP entrant Aki Racing Team.

Our full line up details are at the bottom of this post.

Aki Racing team is entering its 3rd season of FGP and after a 32nd finish in 2012 and a shocking season in 2013 of 43rd out of 46, we are looking to move on up.

Thus the team boss steveaki13 has gone to radical lengths to try and improve the teams 2014 prospects.

The first move for 2014 was to sign up its first major sponsorship deal. Thus Aki Racing Team will be sponsored by Hedgehog Gutter Brush for 2014. "Taking care of all your gutter maintenance needs".

The Official title of the team for 2014 will be "Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team".

It is hoped that the income from our new partners will allow steveaki13 to invest in a better quality of line up this season.

Moving onto the driver line up for 2014. The team has parted company with Jenson Button after two seasons in which he helped us win a race event in 2012 FGP. After a lot debate Valterri Bottas has left the team too. Last minute discussions looked like he may have been kept on, but at the 11th hour he left the team.

So for 2014 we have signed up youngster Daniel Ricciardo in the hope that his cheap price and fast car will help lead our team. He will be joined by Pastor Maldonado despite an erratic nature, we believe he may score a few more points than Bottas did in 2013. Rumours saying that we were to sign Bianchi were premature and in the end we could not offer him a place for 2014.

Our third driver is a fine driver who we believe may actually race in 2014 if one of our drivers (Maldonado) misses races. This we feel is a much better approach than hiring has beens like Gianni Morebidelli. :crazy:

We were so pleased with Mercedes Engines in 2013, that we will be taking their chassis for 2014. We hope pre season testing is an accurate indication of the strength of the chassis and look forward to a great season.

As for Engine's we have decided to give McLaren another chance after sacking the chassis at the end of last season. Thus McLaren Mercedes Engines will power Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team in 2014.

We hope Canada will be a strong race for us this season and so choose it as our Bonus GP.

2014 FGP Lineup for Steveaki13

Official Team Name: Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team
http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/thumb_small/77577/77577,1263152799,2/stock-vector-funny-hedgehog-cartoon-44202358.jpg

1st Driver: Daniel Ricciardo - 9
2nd Driver: Pastor Maldonado - 6

Reserve Driver: Heikki Kovalainen - 1

Chassis: Mercedes - 20
Engine: McLaren Mercedes - 11

Bonus GP: Canada

Total Cost of 2014 AHRT. 47 million.

*Leaves 1 million left for R&D, or if that fails just parties. :smokin:

Motorsport Forums Journalist caught up with Steveaki13 for a quick chat.

MFJ: So 2014 looks like a decent line up, but I notice a lot of people are thinking the same way.

SA13: Yes, there is a certain similarity but we have chosen this line up in all faith that it must move us up from the backmarker area to at least the midfield.

MFJ: Are you happy with your drivers?
SA13: Yes of course. They are fine guys and cheap. :devil: We hope Daniel will be awesome in his debut season for Red Bull, and Pastor is a fast guy but we just hope he wont crash to much. And Heikki? well he's just got great experience.

MFJ: Chassis and Engine's will be key this season and you appear to have moved up a level for 2014.

SA13: Yep. Mercedes stopped us being 46th last season so we promote them to Chassis and move McLaren Mercedes down to Engine.

MFJ: What about rivals for 2014.

SA13: Well we have certain rivals who have gone a similar way to us (they know who they are) but we believe this will stop us being embarrassed in 2014. Whether it beats them is another matter.

MFJ: Well thanks for your words at this exciting time, see you in the next few weeks as we build up to the new season.

SA13: Thanks, take care and good luck to all our rivals. :)

rjbetty
21st February 2014, 10:37
Thank yew for the good reveal Steveaki. Hopefully you won't be too far behind us this season.

Understandably, many teams consist of some combination of Ricciardo and Mercedes. This could lead to a very close field.

Maybe the few teams featuring Ferrari, like Mia and the Joneses could be in a very good position if it turns out Ferrari have the best package (it increasingly looks like they may have a good one).

scaliwag-2
21st February 2014, 10:54
Team warumnicht rensport.

Driver (1) Button--------------14 million
Driver (2) Magnussen----------8 million
Driver (3) Vandoorne----------1 million

Chassis McLaren--------------14 million
Engine McLaren Mercedes-- 11 million

Bonus Canada

N. Jones
21st February 2014, 14:47
Team warumnicht rensport.

Driver (1) Button--------------14 million
Driver (2) Magnussen----------8 million
Driver (3) Vandoorne----------1 million

Chassis McLaren--------------14 million
Engine McLaren Mercedes-- 11 million

Bonus Canada

YES!!!

call_me_andrew
22nd February 2014, 05:01
Team: Hamilton Abbey
D1: Hamilton 26M
D2: Bianchi 4M
D3: Leimer 1M
Chassis: Williams 6M
Engine: McLaren Mercedes 11M

N. Jones
22nd February 2014, 21:10
Everyone to this point has been added to the site: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/teams

pino
22nd February 2014, 21:23
Mr Jones, due to Valsecchi replacement at Lotus, I must make a single change on my Team ;)

rjbetty
22nd February 2014, 22:36
Thanks Mr Jones,

These all look like pretty good lineups. Seemingly no obviously weak ones. Could make for a close season. :)

You don't have to worry about including the Dominos sponsorship. :)

Actually, I think I want to change my team name before the season starts... Is this possible?...

Also, here are some tallies for the 16 teams entered so far. This shows who and what is most popular

Race Drivers
Ricciardo 9
Magnussen 5
Maldonado 4
Bottas 4
Raikkonen 2
Hamilton 1
Button 1
Hulkenberg 1
Perez 1
Gutierrez 1
Bianchi 1
Chilton 1
Kobayashi 1

Third Drivers
de la Rosa 2
Kovalainen 2
Valsecchi 2
Vandoorne 2
Morbidelli 1
Petrov 1
De Silvestro 1
Frijns 1
van der Garde 1
Villeneuve 1
Berggren 1
Leimer 1

Chassis
McLaren 5
Mercedes 4
Ferrari 3
Force India 1
Sauber 1
Williams 1
Marussia 1

Engine
McLaren 6
Ferrari 4
Mercedes 3
Williams 1
Lotus 1
Sauber 1

Bonus GP
Canada 4
Monaco 3
China 2
Belgium 2
Italy 2
India 1
USA 1
Brazil 1

N. Jones
23rd February 2014, 00:37
Mr Jones, due to Valsecchi replacement at Lotus, I must make a single change on my Team ;)

Done. The same for me.

Pino and I changed our third driver from Valsecchi to Pic.

N. Jones
23rd February 2014, 00:44
Of course. You can change your team name whenever you want.
I was thinking of shortening mine too.

aryan
23rd February 2014, 05:16
Thanks N.Jones for running this again this year :)

In regards Abu Dhabi, can we decide NOT to award double points? I don't see why we should follow F1's idiocy in this regards. Can we just treat it like a normal race please?

pino
23rd February 2014, 07:21

Done. The same for me.

Pino and I changed our third driver from Valsecchi to Pic.

Thanks ! Btw, I am still not 100% sure about one of my driver. Can I change my line-up, in case I decide that ?

N. Jones
23rd February 2014, 13:48
That is an option. I felt that not awarding them would be the simplest solution.

Pino - sorry, once posted all team entries are final, except due to team driver changes (basically, third drivers).
The one year I allowed team changes before the start of the season I was swamped with changes. I don't want to go through that again.

pino
23rd February 2014, 13:52
That is an option. I felt that not awarding them would be the simplest solution.

Pino - sorry, once posted all team entries are final, except due to team driver changes (basically, third drivers).
The one year I allowed team changes before the start of the season I was swamped with changes. I don't want to go through that again.

No problem, I understand that :)

steveaki13
23rd February 2014, 14:19
My father would be interested in entering a team, if we want more entries. I did send N. Jones a PM on whether that would be OK.

If so I will get him to choose one and I will post it here if given the green light.

There's no way he will set up an account just to post a FGP team, so I will have to post it for him.

Let me know.

anfield5
23rd February 2014, 22:11
Erm... excuse me for being dumb, but how do you enter a team, I have been to the fantasy gp site but there isn't a link to click to enter my team?

steveaki13
23rd February 2014, 22:36
Erm... excuse me for being dumb, but how do you enter a team, I have been to the fantasy gp site but there isn't a link to click to enter my team?

Go to the first post of this thread and click the link. That takes you to the site.

Then click link at bottom of page to view prices page.

Work out your team.

Then type your team up on here and post as a normal message. In this format

Team Name: ?
1st Driver: ?
2nd Driver: ?
Reserve Driver: ?
Chassis:?
Engine: ?
Bonus GP:

Once posted N.Jones will record it and put it onto the website.

Hope this is clear. :)

Tazio
23rd February 2014, 22:50

Aki Racing team is entering its 3rd season of FGP and after a 32nd finish in 2012 and a shocking season in 2013 of 43rd out of 46, we are looking to move on up.

Thus the team boss steveaki13 has gone to radical lengths to try and improve the teams 2014 prospects.

The first move for 2014 was to sign up its first major sponsorship deal. Thus Aki Racing Team will be sponsored by Hedgehog Gutter Brush for 2014. "Taking care of all your gutter maintenance needs".

The Official title of the team for 2014 will be "Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team". Much better team than you produced last year, but you and your dad will lose...again ;)

It is hoped that the income from our new partners will allow steveaki13 to invest in a better quality of line up this season.

Moving onto the driver line up for 2014. The team has parted company with Jenson Button after two seasons in which he helped us win a race event in 2012 FGP. After a lot debate Valterri Bottas has left the team too. Last minute discussions looked like he may have been kept on, but at the 11th hour he left the team.

So for 2014 we have signed up youngster Daniel Ricciardo in the hope that his cheap price and fast car will help lead our team. He will be joined by Pastor Maldonado despite an erratic nature, we believe he may score a few more points than Bottas did in 2013. Rumours saying that we were to sign Bianchi were premature and in the end we could not offer him a place for 2014.

Our third driver is a fine driver who we believe may actually race in 2014 if one of our drivers (Maldonado) misses races. This we feel is a much better approach than hiring has beens like Gianni Morebidelli. :crazy:

We were so pleased with Mercedes Engines in 2013, that we will be taking their chassis for 2014. We hope pre season testing is an accurate indication of the strength of the chassis and look forward to a great season.

As for Engine's we have decided to give McLaren another chance after sacking the chassis at the end of last season. Thus McLaren Mercedes Engines will power Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team in 2014.

We hope Canada will be a strong race for us this season and so choose it as our Bonus GP.

MFJ: So 2014 looks like a decent line up, but I notice a lot of people are thinking the same way.

SA13: Yes, there is a certain similarity but we have chosen this line up in all faith that it must move us up from the backmarker area to at least the midfield.

SA13: Yes of course. They are fine guys and cheap. :devil: We hope Daniel will be awesome in his debut season for Red Bull, and Pastor is a fast guy but we just hope he wont crash to much. And Heikki? well he's just got great experience.

MFJ: Chassis and Engine's will be key this season and you appear to have moved up a level for 2014.

SA13: Yep. Mercedes stopped us being 46th last season so we promote them to Chassis and move McLaren Mercedes down to Engine.

SA13: Well we have certain rivals who have gone a similar way to us (they know who they are) but we believe this will stop us being embarrassed in 2014. Whether it beats them is another matter.

MFJ: Well thanks for your words at this exciting time, see you in the next few weeks as we build up to the new season.

steveaki13
23rd February 2014, 22:52

The Official title of the team for 2014 will be "Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team". Much better team than you produced last year, but you and your dad will lose...again ;)

What's your point Taz. That I talk to much :fasttalk: :p

N. Jones
23rd February 2014, 23:03
My father would be interested in entering a team, if we want more entries. I did send N. Jones a PM on whether that would be OK.

If so I will get him to choose one and I will post it here if given the green light.

There's no way he will set up an account just to post a FGP team, so I will have to post it for him.

Let me know.

You can enter it for him on this site for him if you wish.

steveaki13
23rd February 2014, 23:24

Let me know.

OK. Thanks for confirmation. :)

anfield5
24th February 2014, 00:39
Team name
ANFIELD's ASSASSINS

Driver 1 - Hulkenberg
Driver 2 - Gutierrez
Reserve driver - Alonso
Chassis - Ferrari
Engine - Force India-Mercedes

Bernie's bonus - Belgium

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 07:45
This is an entry on behalf of my casual F1 fan father. (He will probably beat me)

Owner: Nick-aki13
Team Name: Sinclair Single F1
1st Driver: Magnussen - 8
2nd Driver: Maldonado - 6
Reserve Driver: Kovalainen - 1
Chassis: Red Bull - 22
Bonus GP: Singapore

*I am praying Red Bull have an average season now.

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 07:47
Team name
ANFIELD's ASSASSINS

Driver 1 - Hulkenberg
Driver 2 - Gutierrez
Reserve driver - Alonso
Chassis - Ferrari

Bernie's bonus - Belgium

Your reserve driver has to be a driver not on the currant years roster. :D

Unless its Robert Alonso you have driving for you. ;)

COD
24th February 2014, 13:19

Let me know.

OK, so can i also enter one for "dad", one for "mum" and one for "wife" just to cover all options :D

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 14:26
I thought a few other members entered teams for other people?

N.Jones Jr and Sr is listed.

If its a problem don't enter it. I thought it was a chance to bump up the dwindling entries.

Tazio
24th February 2014, 14:30
A recently deceased friend keeps bugging me to enter a team for him. How does that work? :burn:

Tazio
24th February 2014, 14:38
Team name
ANFIELD's ASSASSINS

Driver 1 - Hulkenberg
Driver 2 - Gutierrez
Reserve driver - Alonso
Chassis - Ferrari

Bernie's bonus - Belgium

I like this team. It's a bit of a long-shot like the one I put together.
Which reminds me; I WANT A DO-OVER :angryfire
It's cool though the top ten isn't all it's cracked up to be. ;( :crazy:

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 15:19
A recently deceased friend keeps bugging me to enter a team for him. How does that work? :burn:

You people clearly don't trust me if you honestly think I am just entering a second team. :(

I entered it in good faith and it will be me who has to live with constant pestering if his team wins. :dozey:

If people truly object, I have no problem with it being dropped. :|

Can't be bothered with a year of hostility or trouble for N.Jones or myself. Its not really worth it. :rolleyes:

Tazio
24th February 2014, 15:44

You people clearly don't trust me if you honestly think I am just entering a second team. :(

I entered it in good faith and it will be me who has to live with constant pestering if his team wins. :dozey:

If people truly object, I have no problem with it being dropped. :|

Can't be bothered with a year of hostility or trouble for N.Jones or myself. Its not really worth it. :rolleyes:
Speaking for myself, I was just massively kidding. You know another one of my failed attempt at humor!
I see absolutely no problem with it since the team is designated as his. Plus if he is beating you that will be good material for further humor.
Just to show I'm sincere I am sending you a friend request :devil:

N. Jones
24th February 2014, 15:57
Anfield5 - Your third driver has to be someone who is not a lead driver, such as Charles Pic, Robin Frijns, David valsecchi, etc...

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 15:58
I guessed as much Taz old buddy, but I don't want to cause issues for N. Jones if people either complain or if he doesn't want multiple entries from one members account.

Whatever he thinks best is fine.

Besides he has Red Bull as his chassis :laugh: We all know they are going to suck. :dozey: Their Engines will be exploding every time they take to the track. :p

N. Jones
24th February 2014, 16:00
Junior legitimately pick his team. Like I said, it is all his favorite color - red!

Also, we went over this whole family thing last year with.... uh.... Koz??
Anyway, they entered a team.

Let's make sure people who enter a team are who they say they are, to the best of our ability.

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 16:11
Junior legitimately pick his team. Like I said, it is all his favorite color - red!

Also, we went over this whole family thing last year with.... uh.... Koz??
Anyway, they entered a team.

Let's make sure people who enter a team are who they say they are, to the best of our ability.

I can assure you all my father chose his team all by his self. :)

To be clear I used the term Nick-aki13 because his name is Nick and I thought it would be easy to link it to me, if any problems arise.

Hope all is OK now. :)

rjbetty
24th February 2014, 18:01
FORD FOCUS F1 TEAM STATEMENT

We bring this announcement that, in true F1 team fashion, we intend to kick up a huge fuss and lodge a protest against Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team and POSF1 Team, and their sister teams (or is that father/son teams) at the Australian GP.

(It's ok, I'm only kidding :p )

COD
24th February 2014, 18:57

If its a problem don't enter it. I thought it was a chance to bump up the dwindling entries.

I wasn't that serious, this is just for fun anyway

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 19:16

I wasn't that serious, this is just for fun anyway

OK. Sorry about that, just didn't want a fuss.

steveaki13
24th February 2014, 19:18

We bring this announcement that, in true F1 team fashion, we intend to kick up a huge fuss and lodge a protest against Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team and POSF1 Team, and their sister teams (or is that father/son teams) at the Australian GP.

Rest assured. If my "sister" team goes well this season, I will be doing all I can to take their innovations on board. ;)

N. Jones
25th February 2014, 00:46

I think you just need to be kicked. :D :D :D

jens
25th February 2014, 15:55
Happy Bubble Racing Team apologizes for the delay in answering, because the newly formed team still has a vacancy in PR and communications manager job. So if anyone is prepared to get a job here, even as a part-timer, we are prepared to have negotiations!

Other than that, our rotating team manager has the role of dealing with all public relations issues and unfortunately it all takes its time.

Happy Bubble Racing Team wants to disregard all the criticism on Gianni Morbidelli by claiming that the Italian veteran is certainly not a has-been despite him being very experienced by now. He posted very competitive laptimes on F1 simulator, which was RjBetty’s Grand Prix 2, and as a result has a proven track record in being fully prepared to jump into a race seat role any time.

Also, we have 2 million spare cash to be used wisely (NO partying this year!) which we are open to use to co-operate with the Happy Bubble Team, Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team and POS F1, in a bid to try to stop us all being losers again this year (though at least Jens finished somewhere in the midfield, far above the rest of us three!)
Maybe we can club together to get a proper simulator, capable of practicing on modern games. Though we question the wisdom of being based out in the desert.

We are prepared to share our new computer with a new simulator (bought after the signing of Morbidelli) and CFD car design programs. However, we are still interested in using a windtunnel, so if anyone can offer that in exchange to our computer programs, we are open in making a deal. We are also considering the option of participating in someone’s very expensive party – also as an exchange deal to the use of The Computer.

However, the wisdom of being based in desert is about being in the "happy bubble", as requested by the team owner company. So that we do not have any distractions and noise around and can fully commit to our jobs!

steveaki13
25th February 2014, 16:53
We are prepared to share our new computer with a new simulator (bought after the signing of Morbidelli) and CFD car design programs. However, we are still interested in using a windtunnel, so if anyone can offer that in exchange to our computer programs, we are open in making a deal. We are also considering the option of participating in someone’s very expensive party – also as an exchange deal to the use of The Computer.

Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team would like to announce an impending deal with the Happy Bubble Racing Team. After the Ford Focus F1 Team turned down the offer of parties, AHRT (Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team) would like to invite Happy Bubbles Racing Teams boss Jens to an initial party to discuss a deal.

In return for Happy Bubble Racing's Computer programmes we can offer exclusive use of our Wind Tunnel here at our Chelmsford Base in the UK.

Below are regulations for any use of said wind tunnel.

-Any team using our wind tunnel must promise to turn the lights off after use.
-Sadly the source of our wind tunnel as a single desk top fan, thus power is an issue. However AHRT's team boss steveaki13 has offered a weeks supply of Baked Beans and Brussel Sprouts to aid power.

We hope Happy Bubble Racing Teams boss Jens will contact us soon if he cares to push forward our partnership.

airshifter
26th February 2014, 10:24
In news totally unrelated to the above, management at Team Loco Americano F1 has announced that the Ferrari design for this year aided by acquisition of a new wind tunnel setup that is much more effective. Team boss Airshifter was instrumental in this purchase, which was greatly aided by the sale of their previous wind tunnel which as many know had a lot of issues.

When asked for a comment on the sale, Airshifter replied "We found some start up team desperate for a wind tunnel but they had money in hand and purchased our unit site unseen. Taking several of our female hospitality experts and grid girls much have aided in closing the deal, as we commanded a price of several million dollars for a desk top fan, some baked beans, and some brussel sprouts." :)

Not being one to overlook proper use of resources, Airshifter now has a number of the hospitality staff working extra hours on gathering information from other teams.

steveaki13
26th February 2014, 12:46
In news totally unrelated to the above, management at Team Loco Americano F1 has announced that the Ferrari design for this year aided by acquisition of a new wind tunnel setup that is much more effective. Team boss Airshifter was instrumental in this purchase, which was greatly aided by the sale of their previous wind tunnel which as many know had a lot of issues.

When asked for a comment on the sale, Airshifter replied "We found some start up team desperate for a wind tunnel but they had money in hand and purchased our unit site unseen. Taking several of our female hospitality experts and grid girls much have aided in closing the deal, as we commanded a price of several million dollars for a desk top fan, some baked beans, and some brussel sprouts." :)

Not being one to overlook proper use of resources, Airshifter now has a number of the hospitality staff working extra hours on gathering information from other teams.

It was rumoured today that Steveaki13 team boss of the Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team has been trying to off load the teams new financial black hole or Wind Tunnel to other teams towards the back of the grid, after buying the said wreck while at a post season party last season.

The tunnel was purchased from Team Loco Americano at a party last year, but recent offers made by Steveaki13 seem to suggest a desperate attempt to off load the disaster of a purchase onto fellow FGP2014 teams.

Quoted by an unofficial source while drunk at a pre season party Steveaki13 said: "That airshifter is a crook. His teams a dissssssgrace. He sold me that wind tunnel as a state of the art machine.... or was it a state of the fart machine? I forget, anyway we will do all we can to catch his team up this season. :angryfire ;)

minardi
27th February 2014, 07:47
Minardi

D1: Magnussen
D2: Maldonado
RD: Pic
C: Mercedes
E: McLaren-Mercedes

Bonus GP: Australia

SkyTom
27th February 2014, 19:42
Team 137
1. Ricciardo 9
2. Bottas 6
R. Liuzzi 1
C. McLaren 14
E. Mercedes 18
Bonus GP Spa

Nikki Katz
27th February 2014, 21:55
I went down the McLaren route last year and it got me nowhere. Was about to do it again when I noticed someone had picked the exact same team as me. Maybe if I went for a mixed bag it would make me a midfielder instead of a backmarker...

KATZ Racing
Driver 1 - Nico Rosberg
Driver 2 - Daniel Kvyat
Reserve - Antonio Felix da Costa
Chassis - McLaren
Engine - Williams Mercedes
Bonus - Italy

The spare million will be for my lobbying activities.

aryan
28th February 2014, 02:08
So what can we do with the dwindling number of entries?

Seems every year we have less participants than before.

I'm all for "sister teams". Can everyone please ask their father, mother, daughter, son, wife, lover, mistress, whatever to enter a team as well? Dammit I want there to be 50 at least for this to be fun!

N. Jones
28th February 2014, 02:28
anfield5 has changed his 3rd driver from ALONSO to KOVALAINEN.

N. Jones
28th February 2014, 02:54
So what can we do with the dwindling number of entries?

Seems every year we have less participants than before.

I'm all for "sister teams". Can everyone please ask their father, mother, daughter, son, wife, lover, mistress, whatever to enter a team as well? Dammit I want there to be 50 at least for this to be fun!

I hear ya. When I first started running FGP we had 80 entries. How we have fallen to less than 50 is a question that I don't have an answer to.

Maybe ArrowsFA1 knows?

Tazio
28th February 2014, 05:52
I went down the McLaren route last year and it got me nowhere. Was about to do it again when I noticed someone had picked the exact same team as me. Maybe if I went for a mixed bag it would make me a midfielder instead of a backmarker...

KATZ Racing
Driver 1 - Nico Rosberg
Driver 2 - Daniel Kvyat
Reserve - Antonio Felix da Costa
Chassis - McLaren
Engine - Williams Mercedes
Bonus - Italy

The spare million will be for my lobbying activities.
A very good risk IMO. Nice freakin' team dawg :dog: :hmph:

Tazio
28th February 2014, 07:21
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/roo/4353496479.html

N. Jones
28th February 2014, 14:24
Everybody up to this point is in my spreadsheet and entered. I just have to transfer it to the site to make it "official".

N. Jones
28th February 2014, 14:25

Who are you trying to kid?

Tazio
1st March 2014, 02:05

Who are you trying to kid?
In what sense do you mean.....dawg?
It's not my room for rent, it is just a craigslist ad for A room to rent. It never would be discused on this forum if there was less posting under the influence....by me and some other peeps :dork:

N. Jones
1st March 2014, 03:08
A place that nice for 400 bucks? Looks too good to be true. :)

Tazio
1st March 2014, 04:06
A place that nice for 400 bucks? Looks too good to be true. :)
It is but available near San Diego St. Uni. and you can live weell with cable and internet. But those found in roomate adds for about $55.00 inclusive! are a fair price :dorkL:
I have applied for thev $400.00 place! :dork:

steveaki13
1st March 2014, 08:19
House..........For Sale :D

Go on, make a bid anywhere from 3 to 49301063469284691264829163829461983649134691826892 a week. :crazy:

I also have an old lawn mower for sale. :dozey:

:kiss: :sailor:

aryan
2nd March 2014, 03:07
So we now have 17 entries in total? Really?

Instead of talking about rooms for rent, can we actually talk about the issue here? Why so few this year?

Is it just the FGP that's not popular anymore or is the forums in general? This place seems much more quiet than it was 5 years ago...

rjbetty
2nd March 2014, 05:05
I'm guessing some people are having the foresight to wait till after testing before entering their team.

It would have been the wise thing for our team to do, but the boss had so much fun last year, he couldn't wait to sign up again.

Robinho
2nd March 2014, 05:31
Yeah, I'll be entering next week, needed to see how much of a mess the testing has been 1st

minardi
2nd March 2014, 07:28
I feel I may have made a mistake picking Maldonado, hoping Lotus were going to get their stuff together. Tried to be clever... failed haha :laugh:

pino
2nd March 2014, 11:47
...and I regret having chosen Ricciardo as 2nd driver ;)

N. Jones
2nd March 2014, 13:29
I think people are waiting for testing to be over. There seem to be a lot of problems with most teams. Also, I don't think very many people are willing to hitch themselves to Mercedes and/or LotusF1 yet.

N. Jones
2nd March 2014, 13:31
So we now have 17 entries in total? Really?

Instead of talking about rooms for rent, can we actually talk about the issue here? Why so few this year?

Is it just the FGP that's not popular anymore or is the forums in general? This place seems much more quiet than it was 5 years ago...

Check that. 20 teams now. https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/teams

Tazio
2nd March 2014, 17:51
(Reuters) Slash LLC press release:

The big man himself told a group of reporters that he is very pleased with the performance of the team in winter testing.

"It is clear that I had unique insight into the workings at Grove with the Williams challengers." The German continued
"Let's just say a little bird gave me inside information." He stopped short of revealing his source, and the existence of a romantic affair with Susie Wolf who apparently liked to talk....A LOT (but not too loudly) in the throes of passion.
Mr. Slash, as he likes to be called went on to express guarded optimism about his drivers:
"Red Bull will eventually be there or there about with Danny collecting good points for the team. I don't think I need to go into detail about Nico, It is well understood around the paddock that he is the 2nd fastest driver in the field, and the fastest German.
I can also count on the Mercedes works team to carry their rather substantial weight.
I also believe that McLaren will disappoint its owners"Finally Mr. Slash ended his interview with a rather cryptic message:

"If any Johnny-come-lately tries to copy my freakin' team I am going to take you for champagne out of tall glasses."
Then expect sangria through a needle"

Team Owner Driver#1 Driver#2 Reserve Chassis Engine Bonus GP
Happy Bubble Racing Team jens Ricciardo Bottas Morbidelli Mercedes McLaren-Mercedes Canada
L A K K A pantealex Ricciardo Kobayashi Petrov Ferrari Ferrari Brazil
Slash LLC. Tazio Hulkenberg Ricciardo De Silvestro Mercedes Williams-Mercedes India
Team Loco Americano F1 airshifter Perez Maldonado de la Rosa Ferrari LotusF1-Renault USA
RedStar Team N. Jones Jr Raikkonen Chilton de la Rosa Marussia Ferrari Canada
Ford Focus F1 Team sponspored by Dominos rjbetty Magnussen Bottas Frijns Mercedes McLaren-Mercedes Monaco
Force Finland COD Ricciardo Bottas Kovalainen McLaren Mercedes Monaco
OxyClean POSF1 Sponsored by Lionel N. Jones Sr. Gutierrez Maldonado Pic Ferrari Ferrari Italy
Force Yorkshire Wasted Talent Ricciardo Bottas van der Garde McLaren Mercedes Monaco
Red Passion Team pino Ricciardo Magnussen Pic McLaren Ferrari Italy
Team Marlboro Koz Racing Koz Ricciardo Magnussen Villeneuve McLaren McLaren-Mercedes Belgium
Team Mia Witt & Tom Horn Mia 01 Raikkonen Maldonado Berggren Sauber Sauber-Ferrari Belgium
HennersF1 Racing henners88 Ricciardo Magnussen Vandoorne Force India Mercedes China
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team steveaki13 Ricciardo Maldonado Kovalainen Mercedes McLaren-Mercedes Canada
warumnicht rensport scaliwag-2 Button Magnussen Vandoorne McLaren McLaren-Mercedes Canada
Hamilton Abbey call_me_andrew Hamilton Bianchi Leimer Williams McLaren-Mercedes China
ANFIELD's ASSASSINS anfield5 Hulkenberg gutierrez Kovalainen Ferrari Force India-Mercedes Belgium
Sinclair Single F1 Nick-aki13 Magnussen Maldonado Kovalainen Red Bull McLaren-Mercedes Singapore
Minardi Minardi Magnussen Maldonado Pic Mercedes McLaren-Mercedes Australia
Team 137 SkyTom Ricciardo Bottas Liuzzi McLaren Mercedes Belgium
KATZ Racing Nikki Katz Rosberg Kyvat da Costa McLaren Williams-Mercedes Italy

jens
2nd March 2014, 19:51
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team would like to announce an impending deal with the Happy Bubble Racing Team. After the Ford Focus F1 Team turned down the offer of parties, AHRT (Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team) would like to invite Happy Bubbles Racing Teams boss Jens to an initial party to discuss a deal.

In return for Happy Bubble Racing's Computer programmes we can offer exclusive use of our Wind Tunnel here at our Chelmsford Base in the UK.

Below are regulations for any use of said wind tunnel.

-Any team using our wind tunnel must promise to turn the lights off after use.
-Sadly the source of our wind tunnel as a single desk top fan, thus power is an issue. However AHRT's team boss steveaki13 has offered a weeks supply of Baked Beans and Brussel Sprouts to aid power.

We hope Happy Bubble Racing Teams boss Jens will contact us soon if he cares to push forward our partnership.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash1/t5/c17.0.100.100/p100x100/373179_420541461341225_2125927932_n.jpg

Happy Bubble Racing TeamTM wants to apologise for the delay and wants to inform that Mr Jens is not the team principal of the team since last year. He is actually in a new role there - the official cleaner.

However, Happy Bubble Racing Team has appointed Mr Jens as the interim PR and communications manager before getting new one, so he has now got the rights to answer the request.

Jens feels very welcome about being invited to the party to discuss the wind tunnel usage. Without a better deal currently in sight, we are seriously considering the option of renting the desk top fan. We propose using a trial day for the desk top fan to find out, how it functions, because Mr Jens and certainly not the chief car designer Vyatcheslav Zaitsev have never seen a wind tunnel, so we are interested in finding out, how does air flow actually influence the car. Power is not really here the issue, because with slower air flow we can actually analyze the air flow better! If air flow is too strong, we are afraid we do not have the tools and experience to really understand, what is going on.:)

If asked, how did we design the car if we do not understand or know about air flow (or at least didn't understand do far), the answer is that we roughly designed a racing car, which about looks similar to the rest of the field. "Copy from the best and you'll be right up there with them too," was the motto of the design team. However, with access to wind tunnel we can stop copying and now really work out our own ideas to implement on the car!

aryan
3rd March 2014, 01:47
Here's my Entry N. Jones:

Team: NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing
Engine: Mercedes
Chassis: Mercedes
Driver 1: Bottas
Driver 2: Ericsson
Driver 3: da Costa
Bonus GP: Melbourne

Our title sponsor this year is the US National Security Agency (NSA). They are trying to re-brand their image and become a bit more friendly to citizens world over. Of course with them as the title sponsor, you guys can rest assured that we already have access to all of your drawings and designs and wind tunnel data! :D

We had to turn down an offer from Vladimir Putin for the title sponsorship, which wanted to use this opportunity to broadcast a message of peace and love to the world! Of course now that he has lost this sponsorship race, he might just invade Ukraine to prop up his ego again! ;)

Extremerevs
3rd March 2014, 21:17
As much fun as it was eating crow for an hour while I listened to Firstgear bragging about his free lunch and beating my FGP team last year... I; like the best F1 team ever; will never loose hope!
Down with all of the turncoats and fair weather fans... Who ever said loyalty is dead?

Team Name:
" McLaren Forever"
Chassis: McLaren (of course)
Engine: Mercedes (of course)
Driver #1: Kevin Magnussen (of course)
Driver #2: Pastor Maldonado (Would have been Button if I had the cash)
Driver #3: Stoffel Vandoorne (of course)
Bonus GP: Russia
Team sponsor: Sam Adams Boston Lager...the best way to dull the pain of braggarts.

Extremerevs
3rd March 2014, 21:33
Hold the phone!!!
I didn't catch the 'chassis engine combo'!!!!
There is balance in the force once again...Yippy

Team Name:
'McLaren Forever'
Chassis: McLaren 14 Mil
Engine: McLaren-Mercedes 11 Mil
Driver #1: Jensen Button 14 Mil
Driver #2: Kevin Magnussen 8 Mil
Driver #3: Stoffel Vandoorne 1 Mil
Total = 48 Mil
Team sponsor: Tanqueray Gin... great when enjoyed with your lady friend!!!
Loyalty restored...

N. Jones
4th March 2014, 02:38
You and scaliwag-2 have the same team except for bonus gp.

Good Luck!

Tazio
4th March 2014, 03:08
Hold the phone!!!
I didn't catch the 'chassis engine combo'!!!!
There is balance in the force once again...Yippy

Team Name:
'McLaren Forever'
Chassis: McLaren 14 Mil
Engine: McLaren-Mercedes 11 Mil
Driver #1: Jensen Button 14 Mil
Driver #2: Kevin Magnussen 8 Mil
Driver #3: Stoffel Vandoorne 1 Mil
Total = 48 Mil
Team sponsor: Tanqueray Gin... great when enjoyed with your lady friend!!!
Loyalty restored...You will lose to Firstgear again :burp: :sailor:

Extremerevs
4th March 2014, 04:10
What was I saying about fair weather fans... Firstgear and Ferrari, then Renault...what will it be this year? I know, him paying for lunch!

Scaliwag-2, you my friend have great taste!

Tazio
4th March 2014, 06:35
Scaliwag-2, you my friend have great taste!
Ya''awl boys are gonna' get whupped. :stareup:

N. Jones
4th March 2014, 13:26
I just hope my choice of the shunned Ferrari pulls me out of the muck at the bottom.

N. Jones
4th March 2014, 21:40
I'm deeply concerned that two weeks out from the start of the season we have 22 entrants.

Where are these people?

Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
gloomyDAY
truefan72
EuroTroll
Divina Galica
ojciec dyrektor
Zico
Ari33
Warriwa
Duncan
LoaLita
PrancingHorse
Rica
AlexRider
Integrale
teamleader
chequered flag
yodasarmpit
Bartek
gm99
seb_sh
Shifter
webber
curry
jens
Robinho
P3ws
pantealex
Order_&_Khaos

Robinho
5th March 2014, 04:46
Team: Bobby's Bits
Engine: Williams Mercedes - 6m
Chassis: Williams - 6m
Driver 1: Bottas - 6m
Driver 2: Rosberg - 21m
Driver 3: Stoddart - 1m

Total 40m, leaving 8m in the kitty for a season long bribery campaign

Tazio
5th March 2014, 08:22
I'm deeply concerned that two weeks out from the start of the season we have 22 entrants.Where are these people?

Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
Aka "Mr Alcatraz", aka "Mr Alca-Tazizzle", present and accounted for, and currently using the nom de guerre "Sleazio" sir! :sailor:
But thanks for caring! :dork:

http://riknasrants.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/loser.jpg?w=593

pantealex
5th March 2014, 12:58
I'm deeply concerned that two weeks out from the start of the season we have 22 entrants.

Where are these people?

pantealex

I think I was 2nd to enter.

Tazio
5th March 2014, 13:48
Total 40m, leaving 8m in the kitty for a season long bribery campaign
Smart move, corruption is one of the few constants in F1. :cool:

steveaki13
5th March 2014, 14:37
Jens has entered too. Happy Bubble Racing.

Firstgear
5th March 2014, 15:14
I'll be entering in the next few days, now that the testing is done.

LolaLita
PrancingHorse
Rica
AlexRider

Those four are my wife & kids. The boys will be entering, as they watch all the races with me & enjoy doing the pickems as well.
I'm assuming my wife & daughter will want to enter again as well.

I have no idea what my team is going to look like yet, but I think I'm going to have to include Mercedes somehow.
Predictions for the family (it seems to be the same every year):
The boys will include Button & Rosberg.
Wifey will want to include Alonso before realizing he's too expensive.
My daughter will choose Germany as her bonus (her favorite composers) and finish near the bottom. On second thought, she's getting into jazz now so I may be wrong on that one.

N. Jones
5th March 2014, 18:57
I'm deeply concerned that two weeks out from the start of the season we have 22 entrants.Where are these people?

Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
Aka "Mr Alcatraz", aka "Mr Alca-Tazizzle", present and accounted for, and currently using the nom de guerre "Sleazio" sir! :sailor:

Oh, there you are! How many names are you going to go by? :D

FYI - I looked up the Dr. tag you used and now I have to find that book!

N. Jones
5th March 2014, 18:58

Where are these people?

pantealex

I think I was 2nd to enter.
Oh.... L A K K A pantealex Ricciardo Kobayashi Petrov Ferrari Ferrari Brazil

There you are! hee hee :erm: sorry!

N. Jones
5th March 2014, 18:59
Jens has entered too. Happy Bubble Racing.
Oh boy.... no wonder... I'm losing my mind! :dog:

gm99
5th March 2014, 20:08
As Mr. Jones has already started to miss me (thanks for that!), finally here is my team:
(after the disastrous season I've had last year I chose to go with a new name)

Team Name: GP Stood Guard
Driver #1: Ricciardo $ 9 m
Driver #2: Magnussen $ 8 m
Driver #3: Van der Garde $ 1 m
Chassis: Mercedes $ 20 m
Engine: Force India - Mercedes $ 10 m

Tazio
5th March 2014, 23:33
As Mr. Jones has already started to miss me (thanks for that!), finally here is my team:
(after the disastrous season I've had last year I chose to go with a new name)

Team Name: GP Stood Guard
Driver #1: Ricciardo $ 9 m
Driver #2: Magnussen $ 8 m
Driver #3: Van der Garde $ 1 m
Chassis: Mercedes $ 20 m
Engine: Force India - Mercedes $ 10 m
I like it!!
But you will lose ;)

Tazio
6th March 2014, 00:00
[quote="N. Jones":1eoevep1]I'm deeply concerned that two weeks out from the start of the season we have 22 entrants.Where are these people?

Dr Giacomo Rappaccini

Oh, there you are! How many names are you going to go by? :D

FYI - I looked up the Dr. tag you used and now I have to find that book![/quote:1eoevep1]
It's a short story and you probably won't like it unless you're into 19th century romantic science fiction.
First Gear has the perpetual trophy book I won for ruling ;) pickems last season. I suggest you be ready for when he has his contest for that book....plus I'd like to keep it on this continent as long as possible :r2d2:
Or you could just buy it, because it is a facinating collection of interviews.
I'm pretty sure I spent more for shipping than the cost of it being bought and delivered from Amazon. But that is precisely why the one I left in perpetuity to the forum has intrinsic value beyond that of the current market value :ohplease: (especially considering how it is coveted across the pond) :ohplease: :| :hmph: :| :ohplease: :ohplease: :dozey:
I can't imagine how angryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy they are for letting it be fairly taken in a match of wits to the USA in the first place :p :angel:

Tazio
6th March 2014, 02:27
First Gear has the perpetual trophy book I won for ruling ;) pickems last season. I suggest you be ready for when he has his contest for that book....plus I'd like to keep it on this continent as long as possible
:fasttalk: ...and then the bloody haters descended :smash: :champion: :champion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FQgTJE2CM

N. Jones
7th March 2014, 23:03
It's a short story and you probably won't like it unless you're into 19th century romantic science fiction.
First Gear has the perpetual trophy book I won for ruling ;) pickems last season. I suggest you be ready for when he has his contest for that book....plus I'd like to keep it on this continent as long as possible :r2d2:
[/quote]
I read a short synopsis of the story and I am intrigued.
It's called " Rappaccini's Daughter"

Tazio
8th March 2014, 02:21
[/quote]

I read a short synopsis of the story and I am intrigued.
It's called " Rappaccini's Daughter"
Perhaps you should give it a go, I certainly shouldn't discourage you. I'm a huge fan of Hawthorne, and think he is one of our greatest national treasures.
"The Birthmark" is a similarly themed story of his, and It's shorter :devil: :evil:

Also in the late 40's and early 50's he drove for Veritas :laugh: :beer:

DazzlaF1
8th March 2014, 19:31
Here we go

TEAM SANDANCER

DRIVER 1: Lewis Hamilton (Ł26million)
DRIVER 2: Valtteri Bottas (Ł6million)
RESERVE DRIVER: Susie Wolff (Ł1million)
CHASSIS: Williams (Ł6million)
TEAM-ENGINE: Marussia-Ferrari (Ł5million)
DOUBLE POINTS RACE: Canada

TOTAL: Ł44MILLION

steveaki13
8th March 2014, 21:52
Here we go

TEAM SANDANCER

DRIVER 1: Lewis Hamilton (Ł26million)
DRIVER 2: Valtteri Bottas (Ł6million)
RESERVE DRIVER: Susie Wolff (Ł1million)
CHASSIS: Williams (Ł6million)
TEAM-ENGINE: Marussia-Ferrari (Ł5million)
DOUBLE POINTS RACE: Canada

TOTAL: Ł44MILLION

You are definitely invited to in season parties Dazza. Ł4 million spare.

jens
10th March 2014, 17:21
Ok, Happy Bubble Racing Team undergoes a bit of a more serious analysis before the season now.

We made our picks before winter tests. It was Feb 14. I don't remember, on which day the tests exactly started, but nevertheless there wasn't a lot of deep evidence at the time. We are not going to change our picks, just share a bit of how we feel about our picks.

Mercedes - good one
McLaren-Mercedes - well, could go either way in a long season, but decent enough.
Ricciardo - clearly the trickiest. At the time of hiring we were unsure between Magnussen and Ricciardo. As the season unfolds, Magnussen could easily get more points. Yet McLaren isn't bullet-proof either and Magnussen is even more unproven than Ricciardo and could flop like his dad. Let's put it this way, while Ric was a bargain, he is the biggest gamble too. On him the season depends.:D We never expected him to be a WDC contender, but as long as he beats Magnussen and doesn't score too much below 100 points in the end, he'll have done fine for the FGP team.
Bottas - looks even a better choice now than by the time of hiring based on how good Williams looked at tests.

Firstgear
11th March 2014, 01:14
Team Name: 3-2-1 Ray Sing
Driver #1: Bottas 6
Driver #2: Ericsson 3
Driver #3: Kovalainen 1
Chassis: Mercedes 20
Engine: Mercedes 18

Tazio
11th March 2014, 03:58
Team Name: 3-2-1 Ray Sing
Driver #1: Bottas 6
Driver #2: Ericsson 3
Driver #3: Kovalainen 1
Chassis: Mercedes 20
Engine: Mercedes 18
Soooooo what do you think first the prize shoud be for 2014....................;....................Picke ms has one McBro? :p: ;)
Mark, you can't expect Nick Jones to do everything!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/aBmAP6U.jpg

curry
11th March 2014, 12:27
Dudes in F1

- Driver: Ricciardo 9
- Driver: Bottas 6
- Res Driver: di Resta 1
- Chassis: McLaren 14
- Team-Engine: Mercedes 18
- Bonus GP: Spa

Total: 48

Firstgear
11th March 2014, 13:24
Soooooo what do you think...........

What do I think?
I think I will vote for Tazio as New el Presidente of pickems.
Hope it's not too late for you to get everything organized & running for Oz. :D

Tazio
11th March 2014, 13:39
Soooooo what do you think...........

What do I think?
I think I will vote for Tazio as New el Presidente of pickems.
Hope it's not too late for you to get everything organized & running for Oz. :D
Would that I could, For starters I probably need all participants to send me all of their money, OK? :rolleyes: :vampire: :bandit:
Here are my predictions for this season:

N. Jones
11th March 2014, 14:00
Ha ha. FGP is enough thank you!

Prancing Horse
12th March 2014, 02:19
Team Name Paul McCartney Gives You Wings
Driver Kobayashi 4
Driver Chilton 3
Driver Paul McCartney 1
Chassis Red Bull 22
Engine Mercedes 18
Bonus GP Canada

Alex Rider
12th March 2014, 02:29
Team Name AMG FGP Racing
Driver Maldonado 6
Driver Chilton 3
Driver The Stig 1
Chassis Mercedes 20
Engine Mercedes 18
Bonus GP Monaco

Koz
12th March 2014, 02:48
Announcing*: Team Marlboro Koz Racing

Driver: Magnussen
Driver: Ricciardo
Reserve: Jaques Villeneuve

Chassis: McLaren
Engine: Mclaren

* Reserving a right to fire one or both drivers pending deal with Quantum.
Failure to secure the deal with Quantum has forced a reshuffling.

The Official Entry for Team Marlboro Koz Racing:

Driver: Rosberg
Drivers: Button
Chassis: Williams
Engine Willaims

Head cheerleader, mascot and reserve driver: Jaques Villeneuve
Bonus GP: Bahrain

truefan72
12th March 2014, 22:48
Late Entry...just in the nick of time

Team TruespeedF1

driver1 hamilton 26
driver2 magnusen 8
3rd driver - DiResta 1

Team-Engine - Williams 6
Chassis - Williams 6

Double points China

Tazio
13th March 2014, 14:56
:stareup: Dawg, you are either going to kick tail or totally get your ass handed to you. ;)
Good luck my man. :dork:

N. Jones
13th March 2014, 20:35
Oh boy... we have, like, 30 entries.

I am sad. :(

steveaki13
13th March 2014, 20:42
:(

The only positive is I cant finish 43rd again.

It seems as if motorsport forums is dying slowly sadly. :(

Rica
13th March 2014, 22:24
Team Name Cabbage Face
Driver Magnussen
Driver Ericsson
Driver John Lennon
Chassis Ferrari
Engine Mercedes
Bonus Brazil

Storm
14th March 2014, 07:20
can I still get in? I have missed these for some years now

edit: crap

"The deadline for entering a team is the end of Thursday, March 13th"

honestly though I have not seen the FPs but only checked the FP2 position list,

truefan72
14th March 2014, 08:07
:stareup: Dawg, you are either going to kick tail or totally get your ass handed to you. ;)
Good luck my man. :dork:

agreed
based on FP1 & FP2 i am in decent shape
but then its just practice and those RBR's are worryingly up to pace already

truefan72
14th March 2014, 08:08

those new regulations from the fIA are to blame :(

jens
14th March 2014, 11:48

Well, then we have to react like FIA does, when a situation gets critical. What do we need to do to get more entrats? What did FIA do in 2009, when there was a danger of manufacturer pullout and they needed new teams? Budget cap? :D

What about Moto GP? The amount of entrants was dying out, so they needed to create new classes into Moto GP to increase the amount of bikes.

So for the next year? Let's have a radical plan. Every person can field two teams. In this way we can keep up the number of entrants.:D Or merge FGP into other series, the rallying section is still pretty active.

Yeah, compromise. Part of our lives everywhere.:)

steveaki13
14th March 2014, 12:05

Well, then we have to react like FIA does, when a situation gets critical. What do we need to do to get more entrats? What did FIA do in 2009, when there was a danger of manufacturer pullout and they needed new teams? Budget cap? :D

What about Moto GP? The amount of entrants was dying out, so they needed to create new classes into Moto GP to increase the amount of bikes.

So for the next year? Let's have a radical plan. Every person can field two teams. In this way we can keep up the number of entrants.:D Or merge FGP into other series, the rallying section is still pretty active.

Yeah, compromise. Part of our lives everywhere.:)

2 Entries each.

2 different classes. One with a 50ish million to spend and the other a 30 million budget or something LMP & GT style perhaps :D

jens
14th March 2014, 12:32
2 Entries each.

2 different classes. One with a 50ish million to spend and the other a 30 million budget or something LMP & GT style perhaps :D

Yeah. And if situation gets very critical, why not third class as well. The Championship Class. 70M €/$ whatever to spend. This way you can afford to put together true dream teams that will go for the championship. :p

Tazio
14th March 2014, 14:49
2 Entries each.

Yeah. And if situation gets very critical, why not third class as well. The Championship Class. 70M €/$ whatever to spend. This way you can afford to put together true dream teams that will go for the championship. :p
Or........ rather than stop at allowing our parents to enter, why not our grandparents living or deceased. :devil: :stareup: ;)

steveaki13
14th March 2014, 16:40
2 Entries each.

Or........ rather than stop at allowing our parents to enter, why not our grandparents living or deceased. :devil: :stareup: ;)

:kiss: :hmph: :arrows: :wave:

N. Jones
14th March 2014, 22:55
I don't know. The one person who wanted to post an entry can go ahead. I'll take new entries up until 11:00pmCDT today.

N. Jones
14th March 2014, 22:56
33 entrants. *shakes head* I just don't understand it...

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/teams

jens
16th March 2014, 07:47

Happy Bubble Racing Team celebrates a dream start.

Mercedes - 1st
McLaren Mercedes - 3rd
D.Ricciardo - 2nd
V.Bottas - 6th

The newly hired PR manager Heinz von Schmidt comments to the media:
"A dream start for our brand new team. The only pity was that it wasn't our bonus GP, because you can't get much better than that."

Jens, who was working as a driver mechanic this weekend, commented:
"Selling my team was the right decision. I don't know, what they have done, but this is a huge improvement over the former Jens GP Racing Team before. And I am glad to still be part of this team."

Chief designer Vyacheslav Zaitsev:
"We had worries about the chassis and the reliability, but it worked out brilliantly for the start of the year. Steve's wind tunnel aka desk top fan was pretty good too, thanks to him."

Rotating team principal Australian Mark Marshall:
"We had some doubts, specifically about Daniel Ricciardo. But the whole package worked just brilliantly, even Bottas' already good result could have even been better. But we cannot complain. Happy Bubble Racing Team with a completely new philosophy has entered the FGP championship with a bang and we intend to carry on in great form from here onwards. Some may say beginners' luck, but we believe we have more to come."

Reserve driver Gianni Morbidelli:
"The new driver simulator is very good, that's how the race drivers and also me got into good shape for Australia. Glad to be part of this success story."

Koz
16th March 2014, 07:49
Damn it! Why did I have to go and change my team!!! :angryfire

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 08:03
Motorsports Forum Journalists caught up with Aki's Hedgehog Racing Teams boss Steveaki13 straight after the Australian GP to get an immediate reaction to the opening race.

MFJ: Steveaki13....can we have a word. How was that?

SA13: Great absolutely brill. We have shown that our link up with Hedgehog Gutter Brush has really paid off.

MFJ: But what's it like to see your team up the sharp end rather than lapped 23 times like it was last season?

SA13: A dream, Dan drove a great race, but what a performance from our chassis. That Merc has some great handling. The Macca engine ran smoothly and was faultless.

MFJ: The only let down was Pastor Maldonado.

SA13: That guy and his car stink. He appears to be a joke this season, but hey we support him. I always enjoy a good joke. Hopefully he can improve later on.

MFJ: Cheers for your time.

*A full review to follow

aryan
16th March 2014, 11:04
I think we should extend the deadline and allow new entries until after Malaysia.

Yes they'll have a better idea of who stands where, but on the downside they won't score points for the GPs they have missed.

This way we might still get something like 50 entries.

It's not ideal... but, what do you guys think?

truefan72
16th March 2014, 12:24
what started of as a promising race and results this weekend turned into an utter nightmare by lap 3

but it is a long season and my team is still in a remarkable position to deliver some excellent points.

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 13:14
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team have released a statement.

"We at AHRT are very disappointed that the FIA have decided to DSQ our lead driver, Daniel drove a brilliant race and was going to keep us in the top 5 or 6 in the Australian FGP. Sadly now we have been demoted.
Mercedes Chassis was a real bonus. It was fast but we do wish both cars had finished. McLaren are a boost though as the Engine was promoted to 2nd.
Maldonado tried hard, but is in a shockingly sh** car.

We are still happy that we are not a true backmarker and look forward to developing the team some more in time for Malaysia. "

jens
16th March 2014, 13:38
Happy Bubble Racing Team is unhappy to lose Ricciardo's second position, but regardless of that the pace that has been shown is encouraging.

Also Happy Bubble Racing Team congratulates all those, who have chosen Magnussen.
"He has already got 18 points on board, while our Ricciardo is on zero. We are very wary of all of you, who have chosen K-Mag, because he has good chances of beating Ricciardo this year."

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 14:17
POSF1 laments the fact that their owner sucks at picking a competitive lineup. Is there anyone out there who would like to buy POSF1? We've got two good sponsors in OxyClean and Lionel!

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 14:27
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/r ... alia?pli=1 (https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/australia?pli=1)

1 McLaren Forever 132
2 Minardi 122
3 Bobby's Bits 120

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 14:29
Crap. Still only 23rd, because Ricciardo was disqualified.

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 14:31
Overall:
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/r ... -standings (https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/-00-standings)

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 14:42
33rd. I screw up again. :(

Mia 01
16th March 2014, 14:43
I thought my team was last in the standings.

minardi
16th March 2014, 15:01
Overall:
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/r ... -standings (https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/-00-standings)

2nd! I can only go backwards now haha

When are the double points added? :)

minardi
16th March 2014, 15:36
Oops. Not sure what I was thinking - double points have been added, but isn't McLaren Forever's double points in Russia? :)

N. Jones
16th March 2014, 16:52
Did you choose Russia?

minardi
16th March 2014, 19:04
Nope, mine is fine. Extremerevs (McLaren Forever) had Russia but seems to have double points for todays GP :)

COD
16th March 2014, 21:20
Decent points even if our no1 driver was excluded? What happens IF RB wins the appeal?

truefan72
16th March 2014, 21:34
they won't

DazzlaF1
16th March 2014, 22:44
Team Sandancer principal DazzlaF1 has declared himself satisfied with his teams finish of equal 29th, with a reputation of being the worst of the worst, this marks a significant improvement

DazzlaF1 told a slightly interested press conference "I am happy for Bottas getting us some good points, and that our journey to progress from the wooden spoon to mediocrity has started off very well indeed, now if you excuse me, im off to find the fool responsible for Hamilton's retirement and deliver a severe beating!"

airshifter
16th March 2014, 22:45
I thought my team was last in the standings.

Technically we are tied by points. This just gives us more opportunity to gloat later in the season when we have a good finish. :laugh:

scaliwag-2
17th March 2014, 10:59
Welcome one and all. This thread will server as the primary throughout the season. For those returning players please go here: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/ and start creating your teams.

For those of you that are new please read the following summary of how FGP is played:

Everyone has a budget of 48,000,000 with which you use to build a team. Your team will consist of:
- two official drivers
- a 3rd driver, which is used if one of your official drivers misses a race and your 3rd driver races.
- one chassis
- one team-engine.
Lastly, choose a Grand Prix that will be your Bonus GP. Your team will score double points at that race.
Once complete please choose a name for your team and then post your entry in this thread.

From this season forward I will be using team-engines. This change means that no longer will we pick an engine and score points based on which engine-powered car crosses the finish line first. Now each team will choose the F1 team's engine and each team will only score points based on the first car to cross the finish line. As an example, if a team choose red bull-renault as their engine that team will score engine points only for the red bull team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Don't understand, how can my team have less points than McLaren forever after the first race when we have identical teams, and the bonus doesn't come into it.

Regards scaliwag-2

N. Jones
17th March 2014, 19:10
Hell if I know. ;)

Wasted Talent
17th March 2014, 21:29
Team Name: " McLaren Forever"
Chassis: McLaren (of course)
Engine: Mercedes (of course)
Driver #1: Kevin Magnussen (of course)
Driver #2: Pastor Maldonado (Would have been Button if I had the cash)
Driver #3: Stoffel Vandoorne (of course)
Bonus GP: RussiaTeam sponsor: Sam Adams Boston Lager...the best way to dull the pain of braggarts.

Looks like you have got the McLaren bonus GP wrong NJ - it's down as Russia not Australia.

If Ricciardo can't keep his points for Force Yorkshire I can't see why McLaren Forever get an incorrect bonus, (sorry).

Tazio
18th March 2014, 01:21
Slash LLC wants the record to reflect that we are glad we lost the Ricciardo points and the cheating Red Bulls got butch-slammed. :sailor:
We don't want any freakin' ill-gotten gains up in here mates! :dork:

steveaki13
18th March 2014, 09:07
Slash LLC wants the record to reflect that we are glad we lost the Ricciardo points and the cheating Red Bulls got butch-slammed. :sailor:
We don't want any freakin' ill-gotten gains up in here mates! :dork:

Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team would like to offer an opposing view.

"Sod that give us all the points we can get, do you think it would help to offer some cash to FGPs Bernie or should I say N.Jones" :sailor:

Tazio
18th March 2014, 13:30
"My revenue is the silly cheat” :stareup:
Winter's Tale Act 4, Scene 3

N. Jones
19th March 2014, 00:19
[quote="N. Jones":erxgu0ka]Welcome one and all. This thread will server as the primary throughout the season. For those returning players please go here: https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/ and start creating your teams.

- two official drivers
- one chassis
- one team-engine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Don't understand, how can my team have less points than McLaren forever after the first race when we have identical teams, and the bonus doesn't come into it.

Regards scaliwag-2[/quote:erxgu0ka]

Because I goofed on McLaren Forever's bonus GP. Fixing it now.

N. Jones
19th March 2014, 00:21
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/australia

1 Minardi 122
2 Bobby's Bits 120
2 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 120
4 GP Stood Guard 106

Overall is the same.

N. Jones
19th March 2014, 00:24
Tazio - is that a picture of Dr. Detroit??

Tazio
19th March 2014, 14:17
Tazio - is that a picture of Dr. Detroit??The motor city bad boy himself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgbbT_Eruc

N. Jones
19th March 2014, 22:29
Sweet! (adding letters to meet the ten character limit)

rjbetty
27th March 2014, 15:11

We deliver a belated review of the season opening Australian Grand Prix.

Due to technical problems i.e. rjbetty sitting on his laptop and breaking most o the screen... communications have not been possible.

We were always hopeful of a stronger performance this season, as we now take things more seriously in our 2nd year (no more parties!) The change of our team identity to the strong and reliable Ford Focus (C-Max, or whatever the souped up version is called, that team boss rjbetty wants) from the troublesome Vauxhall Astra (good riddance) has appeared to prove as much a masterstroke as Williams dumping Renault for Mercedes.

We were delighted and amazed to see we had finished the Australian GP in 5th place, our previous best being two top 20 finishes in Monza and Bahrain in 2013. Even more so that we were actually the first of the non-bonus GP teams.

We had a feeling that choosing Monaco as our bonus GP may have been the wrong choice, and did feel we should have gone for Australia. If we had done so, we would have ended up winning the race by 20pts! :)

ON OUR RIVALS
Much congratulations go to Happy Bubble Racing Team and Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team who we are in a sort of partnership with, sharing Steve's desktop fan and my copy of Grand Prix 2 etc. After being down the fiel last season, they too were both at the sharp end, and even though Ricciardo was disqualified (and we just had a feeling someone would be!) they performed very strongly indeed and look in good form for the season.

We feel we will very much regret passing the opportunity to sign Ricciardo, who is the bargain of the season and believe he will easily outscore Magnussen over the year. Given that we had 1M spare, we may well rue not going for the sensible option and trying to be too radical again...

Even so, we are very proud of what Kevin has done so far and in that way, we are very pleased we signed him.

ON THE 2014 SEASON

Unlike last year, this season loos to be a very closely contested and competitive one, with many teams able to do well. Happily it looks like we are one of them. Though we know it is disappointing entrants are down on last year, 33 is still a good number, and not that much less than last year (13 less). It didn't help that 2013 was dull as dishwater. We still have enough entrants to make this a great season.

steveaki13
27th March 2014, 19:38
Aki's Hedgehog racing still holds out hope of getting into the top 10 in Oz once Red Bulls appeal for Riccardo's points goes through

N. Jones
31st March 2014, 04:56
I hate my team and will make certain I wait until AFTER testing is complete to build it!

N. Jones
31st March 2014, 04:58
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/malaysia

Malaysia GP Results:

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 54
1 3-2-1 Ray Sing 54
3 AMG FGP Racing 50

N. Jones
31st March 2014, 04:59
Overall Standings:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/-00-standings

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing* 174
2 Minardi* 159
3 Bobby's Bits* 158
4 GP Stood Guard* 145
5 3-2-1 Ray Sing 114
6 Ford Focus F1 Team sponspored by Dominos 112
7 Team Marlboro Koz Racing 107
8 AMG FGP Racing 100
8 Cabbage Face 100
10 McLaren Forever 99
10 warumnicht rensport 99

steveaki13
31st March 2014, 22:51
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team Statement http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/thumb_small/77577/77577,1263152799,2/stock-vector-funny-hedgehog-cartoon-44202358.jpg

AHRT would like to deny rumours that team boss Steveaki13 is already considering throwing Maldonado's car off of Southend Pier.

After the Malaysian GP AHRT were still maintaining an upbeat look out. After all they are now a midfield contender rather than a backmarker.

Steveaki13 was quoted :

"Its good to see the team has made a step forward for 2014. Its not quite happened like we had hoped, but if Ricciardo gets his points back for Australia we should be well into the top half. "

He also quipped "Congrats to rjbetty and Ford Focus F1 Team. They look mighty this season and we are happy that they have tasted some real success. We hope we might race them soon. At least we have both left the days of battling Oxyclean POSF1 type teams behind. "

As for his components

"Mercedes has produced a fantastic chassis and we really hit gold with that, the Mclarens engine has been an up and then down affair. Ricciardo has driven well and had no luck. We would be around the bottom of the top 10 had he got what he deserved.

As for Maldonado and his Lotus.............. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-055.gif

truefan72
31st March 2014, 23:53
making a slight comeback. and moving up ever so slightly

aryan
1st April 2014, 02:41
Wow, in over 8 years of running in FGP, I believe this is my first GP win ever!

Who would have thought it would come on a circuit which wasn't even my bonus GP?

Yay!

PS: Thank N. Jones :)

Tazio
1st April 2014, 04:38
:stareup: Well done mate :dork:

rjbetty
2nd April 2014, 05:07

We bring another press release for the Malaysian GP, since team boss rjbetty has decided to make one of his rare visits to the hq.

Wooooo we are all giddy at the great heights of our 10th(!) place finish last weekend, to follow our even better 5th place from Australia.

It now looks like we have a good chance to finish in the top 10 in the championship this season, and this is now our aim (and we are still pinching ourselves having been so used to being lucky to scrape a top 30 finish on a good day last season).

We knew this year would be better for us, and even though it´s a strong field, we were hopeful of a strong result from time to time, and not being cr@p all the time.

We are not talking about any title challenge, our team is simply not strong enough. We see ourselves as similar to the real life Williams - much improved over 2013 with top 10s at every race a realistic aim, and maybe we can get on the podium on our strongest days.

We are very pleased indeed with Kevin Magnussen who is already on Jenson's pace.

We still feel the champion will probably have Ricciardo as a driver though, as the Red Bull is simply too good for the McLaren over the season, and it is only a matter of time before Daniel starts bagging the results.

Bottas, Magnussen and McLaren engines will do us far better than Perez, Gutierrez and McLaren did last year, though our chief asset is of course the Mercedes chassis. It's no surprise that almost every team has Mercedes somewhere in their line up.

As for our partners, Happy Bubble Racing Team were somewhere doing ok, while Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team shows promise but has bagged no results for it yet. We will watch out for him later in the season, when Ricciardo and Maldonado's Lotus are expected to come good. Though we did feel he has maybe made a mistake ditching Bottas after persevering with him all last year.

POS F1 surprise us with their uncanny ability to always choose the wrong line-up. Looks like another year of being the laughing stock of the pitlane for the series promoter, though his overall level of performance is at least much improved.

Also, has FGP really been running 8 years???

steveaki13
2nd April 2014, 09:00
Also, has FGP really been running 8 years???

Apparently so.

I have only done 3 though. :p So you'll have to ask someone older

airshifter
3rd April 2014, 10:30
Not sure how many years FGP has been around, but 8 doesn't seem a stretch. I know at one point there was also a physical trophy that someone made, and I want to say it was possibly Bagwan that created the trophy. The idea was that it would get passed along each year, but I'm not sure what became of it.

As for this year, I am now commanding major points and am soundly in next to last place. But the Mia Whit and Tom Horn team has a great chance of overtaking me, as their driver is Kimi. All years I make my picks based on pre season gut feelings, and with Lotus on my team things are going to be dismal unless they finally get it together.

And to think I had a third place season finish only a couple years back, now I'm in a fight for last place! :laugh:

N. Jones
3rd April 2014, 16:48
I know it has been running since 2003. I took over in 2008.

N. Jones
7th April 2014, 02:37
Bahrain Results:

https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/bahrain-1?pli=1

1 Team Marlboro Koz Racing 86
2 Slash LLC. 59
3 HennersF1 Racing 55
3 GP Stood Guard 55

N. Jones
7th April 2014, 02:41
Overall Standings:

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing* 228
2 Bobby's Bits* 205
3 GP Stood Guard* 200
4 Team Marlboro Koz Racing* 193
5 Minardi* 185
6 3-2-1 Ray Sing 168
7 AMG FGP Racing 150
8 HennersF1 Racing 147
8 Slash LLC. 147
10 Ford Focus F1 Team sponspored by Dominos 142

truefan72
7th April 2014, 04:33
slowly we a crawling back from the first race disaster

williams are still giving points away imo

aryan
7th April 2014, 07:32
williams are still giving points away imo

They are, they certainly are. That car has been capable of a lot more than the points they have earned.

steveaki13
7th April 2014, 08:44
Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team Bahrain GP Statement

So with three races down its clear Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team has the potential to move even further up the field as so far always two components of the are not scoring.

In Australia Ricciardo and Maldonado scored no points.
In Malaysia Ricciardo and Maldonado scored no points.
and now in Bahrain McLaren Mercedes and Maldonado scored no points

We are clearly delighted about our Chassis which again won the race and if only we were allowed both cars to score.

We give three cheers to Daniel for scoring his first allowed points of this season.

However once again we can only kick ourselves for choosing Maldonado. Already in 2014 relations had become strained but yesterdays incident is already causing concern as to whether he will score any points.

As for McLaren Mercedes our engine, we are very disappointed in our double DNF.

We hope for better results in China. However an 18th placed finish in the Bahrain FGP is clear evidence that we are no longer a back marker, and today we got a big jump over Ford Focus F1 Team who clearly had a bad day, however we are sure they will be back.

Congrats to Happy Bubble racing who finished 11th.

It seems our 3 team partnership has taken us from back markers to 10th-20th sitters at the moment. With Ford Focus a fine 10th, Happy Bubble 13th and sadly due to Ricciardos two failures to score in Rounds 1 and 2 we sit 20th.

We hope to move forward as the season improves.

steveaki13
7th April 2014, 08:49
Motorsport Forum Journalists have got hold of a rumour that relations have become very strained between Aki's Hedgehog Racing team and its second driver Pastor Maldonado.

So far choosing Maldonado has been AHRT's biggest mistake after letting highly promising Bottas go over the winter.

Maldonado has failed to score a single point in the first 3 events and he capped it off by smashing into a Sauber.

We have it on authority that AHRT have already been threatening Maldonado with the sack for 2015.

N. Jones
7th April 2014, 13:55
Maldonado has failed to score a single point in the first 3 events and he capped it off by smashing into a Sauber.

No, my drivers ran into each other!

I think I should change my team to - "King of the Crap" or "I Provide The Comedy".

Tazio
7th April 2014, 14:50
2nd for the boyz only losing out to a bonus baby. After the race Slash thanked Danny boy, Fast Felipe, and Hulk for their contributions helping the team jump 13 places to p8. :eek: :p:
Congrats Koz!

Edit:
Thanks for the expeditious work Mr. Jones. I am curious why Koz has his team listed twice; 1st 86 points , and 30th 14points :confused:

Koz
7th April 2014, 15:26
2nd for the boyz only losing out to a bonus baby. After the race Slash thanked Danny boy, Fast Felipe, and Hulk for their contributions helping the team jump 13 places to p8. :eek: :p:
Congrats Koz!

Edit:
Thanks for the expeditious work Mr. Jones. I am curious why Koz has his team listed twice; 1st 86 points , and 30th 14points :confused:

AAh!

I changed my team just before entries closed, I didn't see the old team in there before and I'm sure Mr Jones missed it too... Thankfully it's the newer team that's scoring good points!!

rjbetty
7th April 2014, 18:23

We bring a report on the recent happenings at the Bahrain GP.

After our very strong start to the season, it was a bit of a dip this time for the team as we scored a result more in keeping with our form last season - 24th. But at least unlike then, it seems more of a one-off, and not a sign of constant mediocrity to come.

Well, we maybe should have thought about using a McLaren chassis again, after everything they put us through last year! At least Captain Complex is in charge of the team again and is likely to whip the team forwards instead of saying never mind.

Mercedes unsurprisingly prove the right choice again, and failure to have this car in your line-up spells instant suicide for you. *cough N.Jones cough*

As for our drivers, well Magnussen retired this time so no points there. As for Bottas, we are scratching our heads as to how he and Williams contrived to get him down to 8th behind Felipe-baby, having started 3rd(?) But at least he brings more points and saves us total embarrassment.

As for our partners, Happy Bubble Racing Team came 11th; pretty good seeing they don't have a permanent team boss. We almost forgot that rjbetty is due to fill that role too at some point this season. Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team came 18th, ahead of us for the first time, since Ricciardo now scored points. They are down a little so far, but show potential as their drivers are likely to do much better than present in future.

However, we still can't quite believe he dumped Bottas, who is now coming good, for Maldonado. Oh dear.

10th in the FGP WDC may be a little optimistic now, but we are still enjoying a much better season.

In our co-operation with other teams, we are saving up to buy another desktop fan to provide a windtunnel boost alongside Steve's one. Rumours are that we are in disagreement as to whether this should be located in Chelmsford, Berkshire, or in the Kazhakstan desert, where our simulator is unexplicably located.

We are unhappy with the remote desert location, and grumpily question what Jens was thinking when he came up with this bright idea. Though secrecy is improved, the cost of renting a camel each time is simply too much of a drain on our finances.

Our season so far:

5th 10th 24th

Overall position: 10th - 142pts

N. Jones
7th April 2014, 18:46
Yeah. It looks like I forgot to delete your old team. Doing that now!

N. Jones
7th April 2014, 18:53
Okay, all fixed!

Mia 01
9th April 2014, 19:39
I only got one point so far, last in the standings.

Didn´t Kimi got some points.

Koz
9th April 2014, 19:45
I only got one point so far, last in the standings.

Didn´t Kimi got some points.

He scored only 1 point in 10th... :(

N. Jones
14th April 2014, 13:52
Yep. It is a rough start to your team Mia but it could be worse...

you could be POSF1!!!

N. Jones
21st April 2014, 00:23
China Grand Prix Results:
https://sites.google.com/site/2009fgp/results/china?pli=1

1 3-2-1 Ray Sing 112
2 HennersF1 Racing 98
3 TruespeedF1 94

N. Jones
21st April 2014, 00:27
Overall Standings:

1 NSA Team Mt. Damavand F1 Racing* 284
2 3-2-1 Ray Sing* 280
3 Bobby's Bits* 250
4 GP Stood Guard* 249
5 HennersF1 Racing* 245
6 TruespeedF1* 235
7 Team Marlboro Koz Racing* 232
8 Minardi* 216
9 Hamilton Abbey* 204
10 Slash LLC. 202

Tazio
21st April 2014, 01:05
Thanks dawg, I'm still the highest rated of teams that have not used their bonus. Not sure If I can finish in the top 10 though!

truefan72
21st April 2014, 01:43
making some steady progress. although Williams are really letting me down.
I really thought they would capitalize on the early season mercedes advantage, but so far it seems not to work out.
But pleased to crack the top 10

Thanks Nick

Tazio
21st April 2014, 02:47
Great job tf, and also congrats to 3-2-1 for taking 1st.

rjbetty
22nd April 2014, 03:43

ROUND 4: CHINESE GP

Well, we should have known it wouldn't last. In the space of just 1 month, our promising start is quickly fizzling away as we teeter uncomfortably on the edge of perpetual mediocrity, the painful memories of last season come to mind...

Rather than put all our trust in McLaren as we did last year, this time we decided to split it between McLaren and Williams, with both teams looking good for outside title challenges in the pre-season.

Instead we have found that Williams keep up their old traditions by wasting good cars and rare opportunities! As for McLaren, if you take out their engine, this means that somehow, after the false dawn of Melbourne, they have actually produced an even worse car than last year! Well that's just fantastic.

At least Bottas is proving a good buy and keeps getting the points in, keeping us from POSF1 and Mia depths of performance (sorry guys). ;) We still feel Valtteri was great value at just Ł6 and was quite surprised that Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team didn't continue with him, having trained him up last year - D'oh!

However, that is a small mistake compared to our decision not to confirm a deal with Daniel Ricciardo (who we could afford and was totally in our grasp!) in favour of Kevin Magnussen - who drives a McLaren...

Wouldn't you just know that McLaren's promise turned out to be a mirage, and Red Bull and Ricciardo, who couldn't complete a qualifying lap would become immediately successful.

At least we have a Mercedes component in the form of their chassis in our line-up, but then so does almost everyone else.

All we can do now is spend the rest of the season hoping that McLaren find a key to unlock some major performance so we might return to the top 10 again this year. *Gulp* This is looking worryingly like 2013 all over again...!

As for our rivals, who we have a sort of agreement with to scratch each others backs, Happy Bubble Racing Team are at least doing quite well, and have now overtaken us in the championship, while Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team finished ahead of us last time out and is making inroads towards us. This proves that the commonsense approach of choosing a certain Australian driver was the right one.

2014 Results so far:
Aus: 5th
Mal: 10th
Bah: 24th
Chi: 22nd

Overall Championship Position: 17th (awww no)

Also, a reporter from motorsportforums.com caught up with team boss rjbetty, who is recovering from his minor meltdown the other night:

MF: rjbetty. Thank you for joining us. We believe this is the first time you've bothered to do so.

RJ: It is actually, yes.

MF: First question, why do you have a username like a girl?

RJ: Guuuuuys, Say what? What's wrong with RJ? That's a guys name right?

MF: After such a promising start, how does it feel to see your team sinking like a stone?

RJ: Yes thank you so much for reminding me. I wasn't aware that we SUCK already!!

MF: What can you do to turn things around?

RJ: In true F1 team style, we intend to kick up a huge stink and protest until we get the rules changed to suit us and our agenda. Erk, I mean on safety grounds of course! Also, we have put together a master plan, which is to sit back, relax, and just hope McLaren (and Williams) save their season and start performing. (*sob*)

MF: It sounds like you could do with a drink.

RJ: Yes I could, I'm going to see if there's any chocolate milkshake going, into which I can cry (sob)...

MF: Ok then, have a good race next time.

MF: We also have here, reigning champion Sebastian Vettel to get his views on Ford Focus' season. Sebastian, what are your thoughts on rjbetty's alarming tumble down the standings?

SV: Tough Luck.

Mia 01
22nd April 2014, 12:44
I´m glad Kimi got us a few points this race, we need it.

jens
22nd April 2014, 16:48
Happy Bubble Racing Team pre-European season press release

As our rotational staff has been busy, we have had no opportunity to send out any press releases or other information regarding our team recently. But we are glad that some of our partner teams (Aki Hedgehog and Ford Focus) have spared some time on covering our results, which is part of the partnership and fulfulling the duties of rotating personnel.

Happy Bubble Racing Team is very glad of the partnership with said two teams as it believes it has helped them to get into new heights. HBRT is sad to hear that some of the partners are already tired of visiting Kazakhstan Desert Headquarters and that renting camels are already too much of a burden budget-wise.

We are considering opening an alternative office in a much more developed area in outer skirts of Budapest in Hungary, but the plan has come to a halt due to budget constraints as we have already used all of our budget on other things.

Valtteri Bottas was racing for us already last year, but didn't succeed. His much better performance is very much down to the improvement in simulator, so he can understand, how to drive a racing car much better.

We are also thankful to the desktop fan wind-tunnel usage by Aki, which enabled to understand the chassis air-flow design better. However, we still have a few problems as evidenced by the underperforming McLaren chassis, which arguably has a lot of aerodynamic problems and they do not know why. Maybe we partnership teams can all collectively together rent an advanced wind-tunnel, which could elevate all of us upwards through the field. At the moment we are strong midfielders, which is an improvement over last year, but in order to become genuine front-runners, our analysts in the Happy Bubble Racing Team have concluded that an update to modern windtunnel is paramount. And as it costs a lot, it is also something we can all co-operate on and collectively capitalize on as well.

All in all. Needless to say, we are very satisfied with Mercedes engine as well as Ricciardo and Bottas. They are all delivering like we were wishing them to do. Especially Bottas has been a golden signing considering not only the price, but also expectations. So only the McLaren chassis is really letting us down as Australia proved to be the false dawn. We do not know what to do to rectify the problem and concluded we must improve wind tunnel, which sadly is not within our current means.

N. Jones
25th April 2014, 18:34
POSF1 has nothing to say until we hire a Competitive Team Selector.

Tazio
26th April 2014, 06:25

ROUND 4: CHINESE GP

MF: We also have here, reigning champion Sebastian Vettel to get his views on Ford Focus' season. Sebastian, what are your thoughts on rjbetty's alarming tumble down the standings?

SV: Tough Luck.

MF: Stone the crows, and blow me! Il Mantovano Volante has joined us from the bleeding here-after!!

TN: Thats a right Brittunculi, I've have a message for Hans Bitterman over there.

SV: You talkin' to me greaseball?

TN: You're the only Jam Bun in ear-shot

MF: OK this conversation has gotten a little pear shaped, did you want to say something to smeg finger?

TN: Just a comment on how his season is going:

:sailor: Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dukie! :angel:

SV: :angryfire :angryfire

rjbetty
26th April 2014, 06:58
MF: Stone the crows, and blow me! Il Mantovano Volante has joined us from the bleeding here-after!!

TN: Thats a right Brittunculi, I've have a message for Hans Bitterman over there.

SV: You talkin' to me greaseball?

TN: You're the only Jam Bun in ear-shot

MF: OK this conversation has gotten a little pear shaped, did you want to say something to smeg finger?

TN: Just a comment on how his season is going:

:sailor: Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dukie! :angel:

SV: :angryfire :angryfire

LOL I didn't have a clue what any of this meant at first glance, but after reading again I more or less get the gist. Ah I needed a good laugh. *wipes eye*

Tazio
27th April 2014, 20:28
The big man Slash himself has addressed the world press in an interview with Autosport, as the sudden appearance of the great one has caused quite a stir in motorsports circles. He has been bombarded with inquires, not the least of which coming from paranormal investigators. Here is his official statement:

Autosport: Slash, could you enlighten us about the sudden and miraculous appearance of Tazio Nouvolari in your team paddock, and aren't you concerned that Mr. Nouvolari's considerable status, could be a distraction to the team?

AS: No, Mr. Nouvolari has been a member of our team from its inception, and was appropriated by my silent partner Professor A. Daemon. After taking on a partner I felt it was in the team’s best interest to reorganize as a LLC, thus limiting my responsibility if the "Dr." as he prefers to be addressed manipulates a race, or gets in to other mischief, plus mine is not the only team he is contracted to.
As for Mr. Nouvolari; his official title is "Strength and Conditioning Coach", and has been working very closely with Danny, and Hulk.
Dr. A. Daemon also has a deal with the Williams team, although I do not know in what capacity.

Autosport: It sounds like a rather unholy partnership, aren't you concerned that things could go horribly wrong?

AS: Not at all, without going into too much detail about team member's contracts, I will say that the deal I made with "The Dr." involves my immortal soul. I have made it quite clear, and Mr. Nouvalari understands that I have nothing to lose if I eliminate him, and I would not hesitate to do that, in the usual manner of course.

Autosport: You mean you would slit his throat?

AS: Don't put words in my mouth pence neck; let us just say we have an understanding. Here comes my partner now, perhaps you have a question for Doc as we refer to him affectionately in the team.

Autosport: Dr. Daemon you are looking very sharp in that white polyester suit, and Panama hat!

DD. Yeah right chickie baby, I just got done having lunch with Flavio, but that is another teams issue.

Autosport: Would you like to elaborate?

DD: Would you like a guided tour of the seven gates of hell?

Autosport: Riiiiight....Ahh........could you tell us what you bring to the table for Slash LLC, and what impact you have made on the team?

DD: I made an arrangement that helped Danny take second down under but the other guy spoiled it. I'm really just an ordinary Joe; I put my Prada Wingtips on one foot at a time. Currently I've been very busy trying to get the Turkish Grand Prix reinstated. I'm currently having a new state of the arte venue built near Hierapolis.

Autosport: Why Southern Turkey

DD: Well..the weather is divine, if you pardon the expression, but more importantly it is right at my front door. Pardon me I have to run now, here comes Flavio with the girls. I thought we would go ice skating, then order in and eat, and read.

Autosport: One last question: Do you have an arrangement with Mercedes?

DD: No comment

N. Jones
28th April 2014, 14:35
"The Great One"? Who, You?

:rotflmao:

N. Jones
28th April 2014, 14:39
I Love these stories everyone, keep them coming!

I would write one for the POSF1, but how many times can you use the word 'suck' in one story?

steveaki13
28th April 2014, 18:18
It has been some time since the FGP world heard much from AHRT (Aki's Hedgehog Racing Team)but we here at Motorsport Forums Rumour mongers have been coming across a few rumours about the team.

Its clear the AHR Team are on the move after a shocking second season in 2013 the team have moved up into the midfield. This must be credited to the partnership they share with Hubble Bubble Racing and Ford Focus F1. Who along with AHRT are making massive strides. However all appears not well in the relationship between these three co working teams.

The latest gossip suggests that a meeting that was held at Happy Bubbles wind tunnel base in Kazakhstan, have seen tensions rise amongst certain members of the teams.

Rumours suggest the problems started after Steveaki13 reacted angrily at suggestions made by Ford Focus boss Rjbetty in a recent interview.

Rjbetty claimed AHRT had made a massive blunder by sacking Valterri Bottas after a terrible 2013 campaign. Its reported Steveaki13 was far from impressed by the suggestions about his team selection. This is especially sore after both Happy Bubble and Ford Focus F1 have signed the young Finn and are gaining many points.

It is believed that heated words were exchanged between the two team owners and that in an act of true sour grapes, Steveaki13 used a left over wad of Wonga that he can no longer use for parties thanks to a act signed by rjbetty to pay second driver Pastor Maldonado to crash into rjbettys brand new Ford Focus.

It is unclear whether these allegations are true, but its clear Maldonado is useless as an F1 driver in a FGP team and so would be well used to fulfil other duties.

The second rumour also concerns AHRT's future plans for the previously mention Venezuelan. Reports suggest that in order to make best use of Crash-donado the team are in secret negotiations with Flavio Briatore about joining AHRT and making the best use of the only skill Maldonado has. i.e CRASHING.
However Flavio was also recently seen at the Slash LLC's team base and thus may have links with team owner Tazio Nouvolari.

Anyway those are the current rumours of the goings on at AHRT. We hope to hear from the team boss soon and find out if any of these are true.