PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Sponsorship Research

LauraDelcie
6th February 2014, 22:48
Conducting research into the effectiveness of motor sport sponsorship in order to make recommendations to businesses.

Support research by filling out my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Motorsport_Sponsorship

After all motor sport wouldn't be where it was today without sponsorship!

D-Type
6th February 2014, 23:08
Sorry, that survey is totally pointless as not everyone here has an interest in the BTCC. And the questions don't allow you to say so.

Rollo
7th February 2014, 01:20
Sponsorship generally will not influence me to buy a product or service but it may influence me to black list them

Sharp, Vodafone, AIG and AON, Hafnia, NEC and Chang are all on my list, having been sponsors of Man United and Everton.

journeyman racer
7th February 2014, 03:54
What's wrong with Everton?

Rollo
7th February 2014, 04:58
What's wrong with Everton?

It's about 947 metres away from:
"the greatest collective enterprise humanity has ever known"
- John Green, Crash Course World History #41

journeyman racer
7th February 2014, 06:46
Didn't realise that Sefton RFC was so highly thought of.

D-Type
7th February 2014, 20:32
Well, I can't complete the survey as I don't follow the BTCC, so what can I contribute? When there is no real difference between brands, eg cigarettes or petrol then sponsorship may increase brand awareness but it won't induce you to buy a bad product - more than once.
For example, when I smoked I usually chose Gold Leaf and later JPS then when I moved to low tar I went to Silk Cut. When in a country that didn't do these I smoked State Express 555. But with petrol, I never consciously choose or chose Elf, BP, Gulf or Shell - I simply buy what is cheapest.

LauraDelcie
7th February 2014, 21:35
Thats generally what the survey looks at, what motivates you to purchase, price, quality, recognition from a brand sponsoring an event.....

Jag_Warrior
11th February 2014, 17:08
I was willing to take the survey, but I do not follow or watch the BTCC either. I think I may have seen a race or two on Speed Channel (now Fox Sports) several years ago, but that's about it. The survey seems to be focused on tire (or tyre :D) brands and sponsorships by tire brands. Depending on the vehicle the tire is going on (truck, sports car or daily driver), I generally choose tires based on performance. I may develop a fondness for certain brands because of sponsorship, but I wouldn't buy tires just because of that. I have leaned toward other products, when price and performance are about equal. And having worked for companies that have sponsored motorsports (CART, Trans Am, NASCAR, F1, etc.), I am most definitely more enthusiastic about brands that sponsor activities that I also support. In an even contest, yes, I would go with a sponsoring company's product... unless they sponsor a series, team or driver that I do not care for.

If you ever open up this survey to other series, please post a link.