Angelkiss017
12th April 2007, 11:50
A grid girl for BTCC?
I'm very interested but cannot find any details on it :confused:
Please reply
Tina xxx

Dickie L'Amour
12th April 2007, 15:25
Tina: try this link with all the teams details and you can contact them direct.

http://www.btcc.net/html/team_detail.php?id=1

CarlMetro
12th April 2007, 15:41
Try posting a decent photo on here, lycra optional ;) , you never know who's reading :D

Rusty
12th April 2007, 16:14
Try posting a decent photo on here, lycra optional ;) , you never know who's reading :D

You da man Carl bring on the Photo ........ She has a picture in here profile, I dont think she'd have any trouble becoming a grid girl at all Good Luck with it Tina

thompp
12th April 2007, 17:04
I would have thought that they're supplied through modeling agencies.

cos
12th April 2007, 17:49
IIRC since 2004 the teams have to provide their own girls; best bet would be to contact one of the smaller teams and ask, you never know!

Marc W
12th April 2007, 18:26
If I hear of anyone looking for a Grid Girl I'll let you know!

Ian McC
12th April 2007, 19:46

:rolleyes:

I expect better from you.............hold on.............actually no I don't :p : :D

LiamM
12th April 2007, 20:01
Try sending Lauren a Personal Message, she was/is Dave Pinkneys grid girl, her name on here is Pinkneys Girl aint it? She might be able to help you

CarlMetro
12th April 2007, 20:05
:rolleyes:

I expect better from you.............hold on.............actually no I don't :p : :D

Hey you can't knock a bloke for trying :cheese: And you're only saying that because I beat you to it :p :

GridGirl
13th April 2007, 13:53
If your going to contact teams askingto be a GridGirl, sending a picture would be the best option. I dount they would agree unless they know what you look like.

ADnet
13th April 2007, 14:55
Indeed, some sort of portfolio type photograph along with any near experience stated would be good, and as someone already posted, is always best to go for a smaller independant team.

MAX_THRUST
13th April 2007, 15:56
My partner has done various stuff at Rockingham, and ended up on Television and on promo material, web sites etc.

It's so easy to get into, but the main thing is get yourself a web site and some photos done if you want it to help launch a career in modelling. They don't have to be professional shots particully, but get pics taken out doors, as you will be photographed outside more.

You don't have to be particully young or attractive to do the work, but it does help. Also when your photo is taken talk to the Camera men, find out who they are taking pictures for and build a portfolio from that. The cameramen will take pictures all day of you if you chat to them, sadly flirt with them a little. Practise your smile lots, sounds daft, but staring at yourself in the mirror and holding a pose is the best thing you can do. Its what you do between the poses that make photos look bad.

I'm a man, I did alot of promo work and entertainment stuff for extra cash, when I was younger not for racing though, just remember the teams don't have alot of extra cash, but if you like racing you'll have a great day. Just remember it's cold in the UK.

Good luck girl.......Just go pester everyone every week, every team, do some work for free, be seen, its all about promoting yourself.

Hey guys well done for not scaring the lady off!!!

seatfan
13th April 2007, 16:05
Try BTC racing - they were looking for a Grid Girl at Brands Hatch

PDS
13th April 2007, 18:33
Try BTC racing - they were looking for a Grid Girl at Brands Hatch

They were looking for a grid girl because the girls they had arranged could not make it..

If it helps Angelkiss017, send me a PM with some details and I will see what can be done..

It was me that got Lauren her job as Pinkney's grid girl, plus Nicola with Mark Smith last year, (she will be 'gridding' again this year) and a couple of other girls...

The mad monk
13th April 2007, 18:39
Tina,see personal message,ok

tisme
15th April 2007, 23:45
Any news angelkiss017?

Are we going to see you on the grid this year? There seems to be a lot of people sending you PM's!
All good news I hope..