PDA

View Full Version : Pick a number

christophulus
9th December 2013, 22:25
So, perhaps the one good change that has come out this week is that drivers can race with a permanent number from now on:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/12/09/drivers-to-pick-career-numbers-next-year/

Formula One drivers will select race numbers which they will retain for the rest of their careers from next season.

Drivers will be given the choice of numbers between 2 and 99 from next year.

The number one will remain for special use of the reigning world champion, if they choose to use it. Where two drivers choose the same number, whoever finished highest in the championship will have first preference.

Rollo
10th December 2013, 06:14
If I was Mercedes, those two cars would be running 658 and 722 on them.
Likewise, Ferrari should see if they can secure 27 and 28.

555-04Q2
10th December 2013, 07:35
Wonder what number Vettel would want :p: :D

odykas
10th December 2013, 08:58
Good news is that number 13 is available.

I wonder who will get it.

Mark
10th December 2013, 10:19
Excellent! Been wanting to see this brought in since they started the new numbering system (I think in the mid-90's?). Changing numbers every year means there's no association built up.

henners88
10th December 2013, 11:57
Now this is a good introduction. I'd much rather see a driver pick a number and stick to it for their whole career. I liked it when Valentino Rossi would use his unique number even when he was entitled to have the number 1 on his bike. Its good to see F1 drivers can once again do this.

Mark
10th December 2013, 12:15
Now of course we wonder who is going to get the historic 27&28! I can see 99 being a popular choice too, I would be my guess we won't see a '2' on the grid next year.

Is significantly different to the past of course when the teams had the numbers, now it's the drivers.

Storm
10th December 2013, 12:18
finally a good rule change. Most sports have it, why F1 did not was baffling.

Mark
10th December 2013, 12:23
The FIA have an uncanny knack of taking something and then regulating it in order to make it worse. Changing the numbers to be based on the previous years championship position is a case in point. Regulating the podium celebrations, tyre change rules.

Need I mention them destroying Rallying by regulating the distance, amount and location of stages to make them 'TV friendly' which destroyed the essence of the sport.

I generally feel that F1 thrives despite of the organisers, not because of them.

journeyman racer
10th December 2013, 12:43
I'd pick 28, if I could. I was a huge fan of Fred Taylor at the Jacksonville Jaguars.

inimitablestoo
10th December 2013, 19:16
I can see Red Bull having a number 83 in there somewhere. Something to do with the can size, which was why their NASCAR team used it.

I can definitely imagine Alonso picking 27 - not just the traditional Ferrari link, but Senna won one of his titles with that number - and Hamilton 44, which was a favourite of his in karting (I think he also had some success with 25). Indeed, we could see a few old karting numbers revived; it was probably the last time most of the current grid got to keep a number for any length of time. And Kimi may well pick 69, just for the hell of it... ;)

Of course, the irony of all this is that even picking your own number, you won't beat the current records for smallest and largest winning car numbers - 0 (any of Damon Hill's first nine wins) or 101 (Alberto Ascari, 1952 German Grand Prix, which was entirely contested by cars with three-figure numbers!).

Just as long as we don't go down the NASCAR route of allowing two-figure numbers with a leading zero...

Rollo
10th December 2013, 21:59
Just as long as we don't go down the NASCAR route of allowing two-figure numbers with a leading zero...

I have no problem with this.
Australian touring car drive Peter Brock ran the number 05 from 1978 onwards because of the 0.05% blood alcohol limit in Victoria. Mind you, that's a little strange in itself because on one hand it's an anti-drink driving message and on the other, the car was sponsored by Marlboro.

Also:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbJ8s3nCUAAeXJB.jpg
This is the Australian GP in 2004; Jensen Button's BAR. Looky looky, what do I spy on the rear? 09

09 is a pun. The Oni are a kind of Japanese devil; Jensen can drive like a demon.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni

kfzmeister
11th December 2013, 04:04
Good news is that number 13 is available.

I wonder who will get it.

Well, Mark has left the building. Daniel?

Mark
11th December 2013, 09:20
The only - slight flaw I can see in the system is that if it works as intended, and numbers get associated with particular drivers, then those numbers will continue to be associated with them after they retire. We've often seen numbers in the likes of NASCAR 'retired' out of respect for a particular driver, meaning they aren't available to use any more.

pantealex
11th December 2013, 15:38
Bottas could be:
8O7TAS #87
8OT7AS #87
8OTTA5 #85
80TTAS #80
BO77AS #77
BOT7A5 #75
BO7TA5 #75
8OTTAS #8
BO7TAS #7
BOT7AS #7
BOTTA5 #5

and same with other drivers

K1M1 #11

Tazio
11th December 2013, 15:40
The only - slight flaw I can see in the system is that if it works as intended, and numbers get associated with particular drivers, then those numbers will continue to be associated with them after they retire. We've often seen numbers in the likes of NASCAR 'retired' out of respect for a particular driver, meaning they aren't available to use any more.
Nascrap aside, and this may well be the practice in Euro ball ;), but in the U.S. professional teams permanently retire #s of players who have exceptional careers for that franchise, it is however very infrequent. So that simply means that no player for that franchise will have that # available when choosing one. It doesn't stop Joe Blow of the Toledo Mud hens from wearing #21 which was the great Roberto Clemente's # when he played for The Pittsburg Pirates and is permanently retired and not available to a player for that team. The same should be true for F1 IMO. Let the teams retire numbers and if a pilot for another team wants to use it, fine that pilot would simply not be allowed to use the number for the team that retired it. Problem solved. :bulb:

Mark
11th December 2013, 15:54
That could get tricky if I'm talking about driving for Ferrari and I have #27 but they are like no way, the great Alonso had that number and we retired it. There goes my Ferrari dreams and it's all YOUR fault :(

inimitablestoo
11th December 2013, 19:06
Actually, NASCAR's policy is not to retire numbers - indeed, I read just a few minutes ago that Dale Earnhardt's legendary #3 will be back in the Sprint Cup next year. CART retired a couple of numbers (although the 14 "unretired" before the merger, and 99 has been used since the merger) but the only other motor racing series I can think of off hand that did this was, randomly, British Formula Ford, which retired the number 8 after the death of Neil Shanahan in 1999.

I think there's an early Futurama that parodies the whole retired numbers idea when the only numbers left for players to use are things like pi and quite specific fractions :D

Tazio
12th December 2013, 01:26
That could get tricky if I'm talking about driving for Ferrari and I have #27 but they are like no way, the great Alonso had that number and we retired it. There goes my Ferrari dreams and it's all YOUR fault :(
Dude, you’d take any freakin # for a Ferrari ride. Sometimes just step off your highish horse ;)

Mark
12th December 2013, 11:43
Anyone care to guess what numbers the top drivers will choose next year?

JasonPotato
12th December 2013, 11:54
Anyone care to guess what numbers the top drivers will choose next year?

I'll have number #11 Mark :P

Hawkmoon
12th December 2013, 13:15
I'd prefer it if the teams got the numbers, not the drivers. Drivers are transient, teams are permanent (well, some of them are).

27 belongs the Ferrari damn it! If some pay driver in a Marussia gets that number I'm going to be mildly annoyed.

pantealex
12th December 2013, 15:07
if Alonso is #27, he will take that number with him to McLaren 2015...

for Kimi #27 is OK, because Ferrari will be his last team.

Mark
12th December 2013, 15:36
I would hope that once a driver picks a number they will NOT be permitted to change it. I can imagine the likes of Vettel choosing a different number every year just because...

Tazio
12th December 2013, 16:19
I think there's an early Futurama that parodies the whole retired numbers idea when the only numbers left for players to use are things like pi and quite specific fractions :D
Not sure what you are getting at, I mean I really like Futurama, but when you look at sports franchises that retire #s the facts are a little less comical. Sticking with the Pittsburg Pirates they joined the National League in 1887 which they have been a member of continuously until the present. I believe that in the interim they have retired 7 players #s, which is barely one per generation. Hardly supports any point the cartoon was making, especially considering that sports competitors in that cartoon are exclusively droids. ;)

inimitablestoo
12th December 2013, 19:21
Yes, but Futurama is set 1000 years in the future, so the list of retired numbers would be quite high, allowing for the laws of comedic exaggeration of course ;)

Presumably associating the numbers with the drivers also means teams will be less prone to rotating driver line-ups now (not that they have much in recent seasons) because it'll mean repainting the car every time? ;)

pantealex
12th December 2013, 21:12
Nico Rosberg choice:
#6 Keke´s number in 82 when he won championship

FIA ask them three choice, so Nicos other choices are #5 and #9

Sergio Perez wants #11 (but I´m ready to bet that he will not get it)

source: Autosport

Mark
13th December 2013, 08:40
Seems to confirm the number choice is permanent, this is good; no chopping and changing around!

[quote]
"The only exception to this allocation process will be for the reigning world champion who will have the option to use the number one.

They can choose to run #1 or not, interesting, but follows the practice of other motorsports.

"The number that was previously allocated to him will be reserved for him in subsequent seasons if he does not retain the title of world champion."

Drivers will now have to carry the race number not only on the front of the car in a way that must be "clearly visible" but also on their crash helmet for the first time.

Interesting! It's been a feature that since the numbering system was changed it coincided with numbers being less visible, so this is a good change too.

inimitablestoo
13th December 2013, 19:07
I'm not so keen on the permanence of the number change but hey, a few years down the line that may change again, so who knows? After all, the likes of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Edwards have all changed numbers in MotoGP despite the apparently inextricable linking of rider and number. Besides, the whole choosing a number idea has its roots in superstition, and if a driver feels his permanent number has brought him bad luck, he may want a new one. Either that or we see some devious means to get one: "Yes, my name is Nick O'Hulkenberg; no, not the German F1 driver, I'm a completely different Irish F1 driver, so I'd like a different number please".

Presumably there would be an exception if a driver left F1, the number was re-allocated and then the original driver returned while the number was still in use with its second driver.

pantealex
13th December 2013, 20:13
Twitter:
Valtteri Bottas:
So, It´s the #77 I have applied for! #17 as 2nd choice and #11 as 3rd choice.
#BO77AS

I read somewhere:
Massa #19
Perez #11
Vergne #25 #21 #27 -hope that he will not get #27

I think nobody will take #2, #13 or #69

DazzlaF1
13th December 2013, 21:28
#12 - LEWIS HAMILTON, well Senna was his hero and this was Senna's number in his glory days of the late 80's
#27 - FERNANDO ALONSO, Well its synonimous with Ferrari, so why not
#28 - KIMI RAIKKONEN, Read above
#23 - KEVIN MAGNUSSEN, Dads number from his Stewart days
#62 - DANIEL RICCIARDO, Randomness FTW

DazzlaF1
13th December 2013, 21:30
I'm not so keen on the permanence of the number change but hey, a few years down the line that may change again, so who knows? After all, the likes of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Edwards have all changed numbers in MotoGP despite the apparently inextricable linking of rider and number. Besides, the whole choosing a number idea has its roots in superstition, and if a driver feels his permanent number has brought him bad luck, he may want a new one. Either that or we see some devious means to get one: "Yes, my name is Nick O'Hulkenberg; no, not the German F1 driver, I'm a completely different Irish F1 driver, so I'd like a different number please".

Presumably there would be an exception if a driver left F1, the number was re-allocated and then the original driver returned while the number was still in use with its second driver.
Odd, I thought Pedrosa has raced with #26 his whole career

Rollo
13th December 2013, 22:46

Ricciardo is more likely to be #19 as that was both his number in Formula Ford in WA and the first number he head in F1

Mark
14th December 2013, 08:12
It will be good to see #27 and #28 on the Ferraris again. This will of course only last until either of the drivers leaves.

inimitablestoo
14th December 2013, 11:04
Odd, I thought Pedrosa has raced with #26 his whole career
I had to look it up to make sure, but he did carry the numbers 2 and 3 in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

pantealex
14th December 2013, 11:36

Ricciardo is more likely to be #19 as that was both his number in Formula Ford in WA and the first number he head in F1

Massa wants #19 and he was higher in classification this year, so he can choose before Ricciardo...

pantealex
14th December 2013, 11:53
It will be good to see #27 and #28 on the Ferraris again. This will of course only last until either of the drivers leaves.

several sources say:

Kimi #7
Alonso #14

Tazio
14th December 2013, 16:59
Just a guess here Mark, but I have a suspicion that those decisions were not made by the drivers but by the team. It might even already be an addendum to their contracts that they take the numbers they are given by the team. I could be wrong however :confused: ;)

Mark
14th December 2013, 17:17
Which is why changing numbers should be completely impossible. So the teams don't end up dictating it.

Tazio
14th December 2013, 21:09
:stareup: While I agree in principal with what I think is your belief that teams shouldn't be dictating the #'s that pilots fly, and if I am correct about Ferrari wanting, neigh insist their pilots do so (which would be something that Ron Dennis would probably do as well) They have certainly picked two cats that currently would not be afraid to disclose it. I get the impression that if things get too untenable for Kimi there, and I don't simply mean being beaten, the freakin' guy may just park his challenger on track step to the infield and hang a big steamy shit, wipe his ass with a copy of his contract and catch a ride while wearing flip flops some placed like Monaco. It's not like he hasn't already driven for the douchbags at Lotus without full remuneration. Fred will just tweet out that the team decided they wanted him to use the #, and he accepted a few extra bucks for it. There is, I believe, a limit to what Fred will put up with from the team.
Mark I'm in the camp that says you should be able to pick a number and have to stick with it for the entire season, but if you chose to change it the next fine, kind of like changing your screen name on a forum :angel: I really don't see a big problem with # preferences whatever they are, only that you use that number for a entire season. In the US It is not uncommon for ball players to change teams and ask a player on the new team if he wouldn't mind giving up the # they are used to wearing. The request is almost never denied, although the new player generally pays the guy who currently wears it a pretty good hunk of dough for that #. The powers that be in F1 and the FIA don't give a crap about the legacy of this sport, why should we when all we are doing is banging our heads against the wall?

anfield5
15th December 2013, 19:10
If I was Mercedes, those two cars would be running 658 and 722 on them.
Likewise, Ferrari should see if they can secure 27 and 28.

But you can only choose numbers between 2 and 99. 1 is still to be worn by the current champion, and it won't be the teams that choose, each driver will have the choice of his racing number, this will follow him through his career no matter where he drives.

Personally I would rather see the drivers numbered in their championship order from the previous season, but that's just me.

Rollo
15th December 2013, 22:31
Two digit numbers are a bit sucky...

Triple 8 Engineering runs 888 on their cars. Aaron Slight used to run 111 on his superbike and a Touring Car.

How about we see Team Maths with numbers e and ?... or maybe not.

anfield5
16th December 2013, 00:19
I would choose 5409 1/2.

Slight was a slightly odd one, he started racing a 111 because he kept on finishing 3rd (sometimes second or fourth) in the World Superbikes, and he decied he would only race with a number 1 on his bike (got fed up with number 3) so he in effect chose the roman number for 3 i.e. 111

Zico
16th December 2013, 09:40
Ok, I suspect Vettel will take his No1 to further cement the 'finger' association.. this will jinx him and he'll win no more titles during the remainder of his F1 career. People will look back in on this prediction in years to come in wonder. :0

...I've needed a decent sig for ages too! ;)

Mark
16th December 2013, 12:08
Presumably Vettel will also be choosing a number? Which he will then have the option to run in 2014 if he didn't want to run the No. 1 for whatever reason.

Although it's more likely he'll not run No. 1 will win 10 more championships in a row before retiring so we won't see him run another number ;)

anfield5
16th December 2013, 19:23
Ok, I suspect Vettel will take his No1 to further cement the 'finger' association.. this will jinx him and he'll win no more titles during the remainder of his F1 career. People will look back in on this prediction in years to come in wonder. :0

He can't choose number 1, number 1 is reserved for the reigning world champion, so in 2014 he will race as number one as defending champion, his chosen number will be unused next season and he will get it given to him when he is not the defending champion.

Rollo
16th December 2013, 22:23
http://lotusf1team.com/Romain-Grosjean- ... ivers.html (http://lotusf1team.com/Romain-Grosjean-Pastor-Maldonado-2014-Lotus-F1-Team-Drivers.html)
Lotus F1 Team is pleased to announce that Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado [28] will join the Enstone squad alongside Frenchman Romain Grosjean [27] for the 2014 Formula 1 season
- Lotus Website

So there's two numbers already quoted by a team.

Rollo
16th December 2013, 23:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbnVuVSCIAE4uBI.jpg

Based on what I've seen, Bianchi might miss out on all three.

Rollo
16th December 2013, 23:06
Tentative list, based on what I've seen thus far:

Ferrari
7 - Raikkonen
14 - Alonso

Lotus
27 - Grosjean
28 - Maldonado

McLaren
22 - Button
23 - Magnussen

Red Bull
1 - Vettel
Ricciardo

Mercedes
6 - Rosberg
Hamilton

Force India
11 - Perez
99 - Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso
25 - Vergne
Kvyat

Williams
77 - Bottas
19 - Massa

Sauber
Sirotkin
Sutil

Marussia
Bianchi
TBA

Catherham
TBA
TBA

Mark
17th December 2013, 08:32
http://lotusf1team.com/Romain-Grosjean-Pastor-Maldonado-2014-Lotus-F1-Team-Drivers.html
Lotus F1 Team is pleased to announce that Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado [28] will join the Enstone squad alongside Frenchman Romain Grosjean [27] for the 2014 Formula 1 season
- Lotus Website

So there's two numbers already quoted by a team.

That's the drivers ages ;)

dj_bytedisaster
17th December 2013, 12:25

He can't choose number 1, number 1 is reserved for the reigning world champion, so in 2014 he will race as number one as defending champion, his chosen number will be unused next season and he will get it given to him when he is not the defending champion.

He CAN choose #1. The reigning world champion can decide whether to run the #1 or his chosen number. Running the #1 is not mandatory. The only thing he can't do is choosing #1 AS his chosen career number, because the range was given as #2..#99.

COD
17th December 2013, 18:52
Bottas could also choose 74, BOT74S

Rollo
18th December 2013, 00:34
That's the drivers ages ;)

Shhh... :D

In the light of nothing else, I aint got diddly to work with.

D-Type
18th December 2013, 14:44
Does it matter? You can't see the numbers anyway!

In my book #27 belongs to Alan Jones who won with the number rather than to Ferrari who didn't..

I don't like it, I prefer the old system.

anfield5
18th December 2013, 19:26
Does it matter? You can't see the numbers anyway!

In my book #27 belongs to Alan Jones who won with the number rather than to Ferrari who didn't..

I don't like it, I prefer the old system.

+1

Prisoner Monkeys
31st December 2013, 07:09
More movement on the number front:

Hamilton has been tipped for the number 44, which he used in his karting days. He also ran a one-off helmet in Monaco back in 2010 that featured a roulette theme, and had the ball on #44. As obscure as that sounds, roulette wheels only go up to #38 (#39 in America), so it's evidently a number with great personal meaning to him.

Kevin Magnussen has reportedly asked for #20, the number he used when he won the Formula Renault 3.5 title. #3 is his second choice, as his younger brother uses it in his junior campaign. And his father's number, #23, is his third choice.

Romain Grosjean has submitted his numbers, but won't say what his choices are, except that it's an important number to him and that some of his Twitter followers have guessed it. #29 seems to be the favourite, as his son's birthday is the 29th

Sergio Perez wants #11, but it has also been suggested that Sebastian Vettel and Nico Hulkenberg requested it. Vettel is most likely to use #1, but he also gets to pick his "normal" number, so Perez and Hulkenberg would have to look elsewhere.

Pastor Maldonado apparently told a Venezuelan reporter that he wants #3, but the interview is undated, so I cannot confirm it. Unconfirmed reports claim Jenson Button wants #24 and Daniil Kvyat #26, but they also claimed Magnussen wanted #52, so I'm unsure of their reliability.

Coulthard Fan
31st December 2013, 21:44
I'm supprised none of the English guys have choose 66! I know Hamilton is a fan of Football

Prisoner Monkeys
31st December 2013, 22:21
Why choose a number that is important to someone else when they can have a number that is important to them?

Besides, Button and Hamilton are the only British drivers at the moment. Di Resta is out of a drive (and good riddance!), whilst Chilton'sffuture is uncertain.

ShiftingGears
10th January 2014, 06:34
Ricciardo has #3.

pantealex
10th January 2014, 17:56
http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-f1-world-ch ... entry-list (http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-f1-world-championship-entry-list)

link contains numbers!

1 (5 for future) Sebastian VETTEL (DEU)

3 Daniel RICCIARDO (AUS)

44 Lewis HAMILTON (GBR)

6 Nico ROSBERG (DEU)

14 Fernando ALONSO (ESP)

7 Kimi RAIKKONEN (FIN)

8 Romain GROSJEAN (FRA)

13 Pastor MALDONADO (VEN)

22 Jenson BUTTON (GBR)

20 Kevin MAGNUSSEN (DEN)

27 Nico HULKENBERG (DEU)

11 Sergio PEREZ MENDOZA (MEX)

99 Adrian SUTIL (DEU)

21 Esteban GUTIERREZ (MEX)

25 Jean-Eric VERGNE (FRA)

26 Daniil KVYAT (RUS)

19 Felipe MASSA (BRA)

77 Valtteri BOTTAS (FIN)

17 Jules BIANCHI (FRA)

TBA Max CHILTON (GBR)

jas123f1
12th January 2014, 03:36
I like Kimi .. he is the Guy .. Mamma mia .. :)

On his return to racing in red, he will have the number 7 on his car, ...it's obvious ... He said .. “there’s no particular story linked to it,” (the Finn told www.ferrari.com (http://www.ferrari.com)) “It’s the number I already HAD last year ... and I saw no reason to change it.... I like it ... it's good enough.. isn’t it?” :) ..

No sentimental bull s*** reasons ...

What?? It's only a number .. and I like it, it's good enough..

Kimi is "a number one man" ... :)) I hope --
ok I like Sebastian too .. they are my favorites .. Kimi and Seb ..

Rollo
12th January 2014, 11:37
I got 8 right. Do I win a brownie badge?

anfield5
12th January 2014, 20:53
The question I have is. "Why do they need numbers at all?" In the old days numbers were needed because lap scoring was done manually and the numbers were required to identify when each car crossed the line. Now this is done using signal transponders in the nose of the car. The numbers on most cars are invisible. In Red Bull's case last year, they were little tiny numbers on the turning planes in front of the side pods, they were about 2-3 inches high and served no purpose. Watching on TV you identify the cars based on helmet design and by looking at the race order displayed on screen. Watching live, there is no way to see the number.

Rollo
12th January 2014, 21:58
The numbers on most cars are invisible. In Red Bull's case last year, they were little tiny numbers on the turning planes in front of the side pods, they were about 2-3 inches high and served no purpose. Watching on TV you identify the cars based on helmet design and by looking at the race order displayed on screen. Watching live, there is no way to see the number.

This is not an argument to get rid of numbers but to make them more visible. NASCAR mandates minimum sizes for numbers on their cars and it's really really useful.
When drivers change the design of their lids every ten minutes, then identifying the cars based on helmet design is impossible.

If I was Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else, then I would force F1 designers to drop the noses and make the numbers a minimum size; also mandate similar rules so that big numbers appeared on the rear wing end plates (a bit like Formula Renault).

To wit:
http://shop.simonlewis.com/ekmps/shops/simonlewis/images/lotus-94t-turbo-nigel-mansell-brazil-gp-1984-1644-p.jpg

Simples.

Rollo
13th January 2014, 05:54
Also, Raikkonen's car looks reasonable with a number seven on. I'm just not convinced that Alonso's number 14 will look as nice.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd0dcIkCAAAH_-q.jpg

pantealex
13th January 2014, 18:20
They must have their number in Helmet, new rule 2014
I think it´s for in-car camera

BleAivano
13th January 2014, 19:49

Force India
99 - Hulkenberg

Williams
77 - Bottas

wtf? :hmph: Blasphemy!!!! :arrows: ;)

pantealex
14th January 2014, 13:58

Force India
99 - Hulkenberg

Williams
77 - Bottas

44 Hamilton ;)

anfield5
14th January 2014, 18:58

Force India
99 - Hulkenberg

Williams
77 - Bottas

44 Hamilton ;)

27 Hulkenberg

Rollo
14th January 2014, 21:38

I think I did pretty good for a guess... :(

I'm gonna crawl back under my rock now... :D

BleAivano
14th January 2014, 21:47
44 Hamilton ;)

Niinimaa? Kimmo Timonen?

27 Hulkenberg

Yeah Ron Hextall, man he was crazy (http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/22782123/looking-back-at-the-wild-career-of-ron-hextall). http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/excited.gif

OK sorry for off topic.

pantealex
15th January 2014, 12:48
4 Max Chilton
so they have 1, ,3,4,5,6,7,8 taken

Mark
15th January 2014, 16:10
Knew there would be no #2 !

jonny hurlock
20th January 2014, 00:07
Has no #2 been retired because of Mark Webber?

Rollo
20th January 2014, 02:20

No.

It's just that nobody wants to be number two.

anfield5
20th January 2014, 03:00

You mean because Webber was such an absolute legend that the number 2 will always be associated with him? :laugh: